need some help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 39
need some help

Hey guys i know I'm still new too this but recently there has been a noise coming from the lower front suspension of my 2011 5.0, and it almost sounds like something is rubbing against something. I don't know if its a loose bearing, or a control arm or something, but i remember hearing some where that there was a TSB for it ?
5.ohhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: need some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.ohhhhh View Post
Hey guys i know I'm still new too this but recently there has been a noise coming from the lower front suspension of my 2011 5.0, and it almost sounds like something is rubbing against something. I don't know if its a loose bearing, or a control arm or something, but i remember hearing some where that there was a TSB for it ?
There is a TSB for popping/clanking when going over bumps, procedure is to replace some bushings on the front LCAs I believe. This does not sound like that ... can you be more specific?
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 39
Re: need some help

Yeah I blew my front passenger tire about a month ago, so i took it in to get change, and it was then when i noticed the noise, and the car just didn't feel the same so i took it into my mechanic who's a close friend of mine, and he looked at it and showed me that my car needed an alignment, so he fixed it for me and everything, but the noise is still there. It literally just sounds like something is rubbing against something, and now im wondering if i should just take it in to ford ?
5.ohhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: need some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.ohhhhh View Post
Yeah I blew my front passenger tire about a month ago, so i took it in to get change, and it was then when i noticed the noise, and the car just didn't feel the same so i took it into my mechanic who's a close friend of mine, and he looked at it and showed me that my car needed an alignment, so he fixed it for me and everything, but the noise is still there. It literally just sounds like something is rubbing against something, and now im wondering if i should just take it in to ford ?
Either that or a competent mechanic. I would get someone to look at it if you don't have any leads as to what it might be.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
M3to5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deridder
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 537
Re: need some help

Squeaky Bushings????
__________________
"Got to kill.... Captain Stupid"
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 39
Re: need some help

maybe it could be squeaky bushings but i dont know...but yeah i'm probably going to take it to ford this week and let you guys know
Thanks
5.ohhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
drivinglesson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Port Hueneme
Region: California
Posts: 201
Had the same thing after just one week. Took it in and the dealer swapped out both control arms; no noise since.
__________________
2016 Mustang GT
drivinglesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tominkc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 374
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
I have a 2012 GT 5.0. It was doing the exact thing as you'd with only 300 miles!! It was the front passenger side control arm!! Had it replaced and more problem!!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
DFUNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Palm Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 97
Re: need some help

better get it checked
__________________
2012 GT Premium Grabber Blue
Shaker 500 | Brembo PKG | Comfort | NAV | Roush Axle Back Exhaust | Pro Cal Tune with drop in K&N | VRROOOOM!
DFUNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:49 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tominkc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 374
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc
I have a 2012 GT 5.0. It was doing the exact thing as you'd with only 300 miles!! It was the front passenger side control arm!! Had it replaced and no more problem!!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:34 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 39
Re: need some help

im taking it in on tuesday to get it checked out, did they charge anything for the control arms or was it covered by warranty ?
5.ohhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Mine has made a popping noise when im in reverse and turn the wheel really hard.. Really bad when it's really cold and worse when on a hill.. Could this be the same issue?
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:12 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.