BLOWN UP 2011 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

Ive got the bama tunes on mine and honestly, asside from tgrottle response I haven't seen much change between stock->street->performance tunes. I'm waiting for summer for the race tune. I've got a little vibration or ticking from 4-5k in the revs but other than that I'm very satisfied.
Ur SOTP gauge must be broken.. Lol jk.. I am running the 93 race tune and certainly felt a diff over stock.. Also glad to see AM's post.. Very reassuring..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT

Ur SOTP gauge must be broken.. Lol jk.. I am running the 93 race tune and certainly felt a diff over stock.. Also glad to see AM's post.. Very reassuring..
I dunno... I think the throttle response was worth it alone. I'm sure it made a little difference but ill see what I get after my next dyno pull now that I've got more mods done.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #38
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by amchrisrose
Hey guys,

Just wanted to jump in and let everyone know what's going on our end.

This is exactly why Bama has the cylinder #8 warranty, so that we don't leave our customers high and dry when they need us. We put the warranty in place to make our customers confident in what we do, and because of that we have literally thousands of 2011+ GT's on the road with our tunes. We've tuned more 2011+ Mustangs than anyone else in the country, and our failure rate is extremely low.

We're investigating the OP's situation, and if it's a cylinder #8 failure that Ford denies because of aftermarket mods - we'll cover it!

Hope this helps clear it up a little bit from our side. We'll update, or I'm sure the OP will.

Chris
AM defiantly has my business when I order my tune. It seriously puts my mind at ease. That's customer satisfaction!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
This whole thread isn't fishy to anyone else? This guy"coyote" joins this forum just yesterday to tell us he blew his motor w/ a bama tune and is going to sue Ford. Then hours later bama just happens to come across the post to say that they'll buy him a new motor and back their warranty. I have nothing against Nama or American muscle(bought plenty from them and they've been great) but this just SCREAMS marketing ploy to me.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0
This whole thread isn't fishy to anyone else? This guy"coyote" joins this forum just yesterday to tell us he blew his motor w/ a bama tune and is going to sue Ford. Then hours later bama just happens to come across the post to say that they'll buy him a new motor and back their warranty. I have nothing against Nama or American muscle(bought plenty from them and they've been great) but this just SCREAMS marketing ploy to me.
+1
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #41
Registered Member

Regular

Re: BLOWN UP 2011

This Coyote guy posted all over, joined several forums all in the same day and posted essentially the same thing. In most of the posts (didn't go back and look at this one yet) he started off with saying the American Muscle was already going to honor their warranty.

So I don't think it is a marketing ploy - just a ****** who screwed up his engine and expected everyone to jump on his band wagon and support him.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Rubbish. The AM guys are all over the forums.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #43
Road Trip!

Quote:
Hmmm...is on a few other forums he just joined also
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
FWIW he did say that he contacted AM/bama and they said they'd take care of him before AM posted on this thread... Still possible though
Old 01-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Wow. So cool. The big conspiracy theory going on here. Actually I think the OP may be a KGB spy and he is looking to infiltrate American Musscle. Trying to steal secrets on how American Musscle is a good company and how they do it. So exciting.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #46
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Hahaha! Never a dull moment!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #47
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

I have a buddy with an EVO running about 500hp!... That is until the block split in half!... Lol. But to each their own!..
Crazy...i know a bunch at that power level on stock blocks..they all also run E85
Old 01-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #48
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post
I forgot to add - and what kills your conspiracy and marketing theory - is that while he posted it on a ton of forums, there are only 2 so far where AM has made a post (after he said he spoke with them in the initial post). So if it was a marketing ploy, why would AM only post a response on a small fraction of the posts he put up?

No, just a ******bag looking for people to jump aboard and bash with him.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Don't under stand why its funny...
Calling out the troll! If you can't comprehend that there is nothing I can do for you! And btw understand is one word not 2

Northern Virginia Mustang Club
Silver Mustang Registry #1045
2010 Brilliant Silver 4.0 V6 Traded and will be missed
2011 Performance White Premium GT 5.0 6MT, 19" Machined Wheels, 3.73 gears, GT500 Axle-Backs, Eibach Pro Springs, Dynojet #'s 387rwhp/380 tq.
Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

On a serious point about this. In order for Ford to void the warranty Ford would have to prove the direct result of the modification caused the other said part to break or fail.

Ford automatically denies to fix claim because they can and who really takes court action. Let's be real who out there really has spent the money to hire a lawyer and made Ford prove in a court of law that the tuner caused the failure.

People don't. Most people who are buying a Mustang don't have 300 dollars an hour to pay a lawyer to file suit. If your a lawyer then you could represent yourself and file suit, however a lawyer probably doesn't drive a mustang. More of a sport BMW or Sport Lexus
Old 01-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #51
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star

Calling out the troll! If you can't comprehend that there is nothing I can do for you! And btw understand is one word not 2
Still don't see what funny about 550whp imports..they are all over now..what should have asked if had all these built cars like a Z06 why down grade to a mustang. And then why expect ford to cover a blown engine after it was modded. And to really think you could run the giggle juice and they would cover it.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Oh and good job on the spell check. You win a free pat on the back
Old 01-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Wow. So cool. The big conspiracy theory going on here. Actually I think the OP may be a KGB spy and he is looking to infiltrate American Musscle. Trying to steal secrets on how American Musscle is a good company and how they do it. So exciting.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Quote:

Yeah, it would just be soooo crazy and soooo unheard of
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

My six cents, I couldn’t resist, I wanted to be part of a conspiracy if there is one.

One: Why does anyone join a forum when something goes wrong with your ride, sure to find out if there is any help out there; but why not join a forum from the beginning of owning a Mustang. I think it is part of the experience of owning one. It was strange for me to read this and know that he just joined. Why not get peoples opinion on running a tune and nitrous (I know he didn’t run the nitrous)…but that is why forums are here. If he did the right homework, COYOTE might not have run a tune and wouldn’t be in this situation or he would know and we wouldn’t be talking about conspiracies and blah blah blah…

Two: The #8 has been documented and has been posted all over forums, but if you read them, it is only ones and twos that this has happened to. Where it is made out to be everyone has had this issue. I also believe from reading forums about this issue that it is the earlier builds of the 2011 5.0 that has had the problem. I haven’t read anywhere that this is an issue with a later 2011 or a 2012. I could be wrong.

Three: Having AM jump in and give their point of view is absolutely the right thing to do, I’m a big fan of AM and will get my parts from them as long as they continue to have great customer service. With today’s economy you can’t go wrong with have great customer service. AM seems to bend over backwards for the customers and that’s more than I can say for other companies out there…AM will always have my business first!!

Four: I’m not sure why Ford quoted over 10k for the new engine, but I’m sure that includes labor and such. But yes AM has a Coyote engine for 6+k…

Five: I’m not sure I understand the entire .pdf attachment that COYOTE posted, I saw one cost on it $2648.75. Is this the cost just to confirm the #8? Because it isn’t going to cover the cost of a new engine and install.

Six: This also shows that AM and BAMA knows what they are doing and that maybe there isn’t really that many #8 issues out. AM says they have tuned more 2011+ Mustangs than anyone else in the country. If they have tuned thousands of 2011+ GTs then that to me indicates this isn’t really isn’t as wide spread as everyone thinks it is.

“This is exactly why Bama has the cylinder #8 warranty, so that we don't leave our customers high and dry when they need us. We put the warranty in place to make our customers confident in what we do, and because of that we have literally thousands of 2011+ GT's on the road with our tunes. We've tuned more 2011+ Mustangs than anyone else in the country and our failure rate is extremely low.”
Old 01-14-2012, 01:08 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
OP; I'm sorry. That sucks.. You'll get it taken care of, whether or not you deserve it.

As for the whole AM / BAMA thing.. American Muscle has been absolutely great to me. Always fast, courteous, and considerate. The company is about as close to being a friend as a company can be. Haha. Conspiracy or not, AM is one of the best companys and anyone will say so.. No need for marketing ploys here.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:32 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson
OP; I'm sorry. That sucks.. You'll get it taken care of, whether or not you deserve it.

As for the whole AM / BAMA thing.. American Muscle has been absolutely great to me. Always fast, courteous, and considerate. The company is about as close to being a friend as a company can be. Haha. Conspiracy or not, AM is one of the best companys and anyone will say so.. No need for marketing ploys here.
+infinity. If AM were a chick id be all over her!
Old 01-14-2012, 03:55 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

+infinity. If AM were a chick id be all over her!
+1, but they at least have calendar girls lol.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #57
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

LMAO - you guys are awesome. Thanks for all of the kind feedback and I appreciate the loyalty and experience that every customer brings. We're happy to be able to provide what we can, and will always go above and beyond for you guys!

As for this being a marketing ploy by us, probably not the best decision we could make. We've never been into "shady" business, and never will. We're a really transparent company and I think everyone kinda knows our true colors that've been paying attention.

As for the failure, things happen and that's why we offer the warranty. When you take into consideration the fact that we've tuned literally multiple thousands of 2011+ GT's, we're talking about fractions of a percent as a failure ratio. It's a very small, but serious percentage - and we wouldn't want any of our customers to have to worry about it.

Thanks again for all of the kind feedback, and hopefully everything turns out okay for the OP and anyone who has run into this situation with a different custom tune than Bama's.
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764 | Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
Need Help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by amchrisrose
LMAO - you guys are awesome. Thanks for all of the kind feedback and I appreciate the loyalty and experience that every customer brings. We're happy to be able to provide what we can, and will always go above and beyond for you guys!

As for this being a marketing ploy by us, probably not the best decision we could make. We've never been into "shady" business, and never will. We're a really transparent company and I think everyone kinda knows our true colors that's been paying attention.

As for the failure, things happen and that's why we offer the warranty. When you take into consideration the fact that we've tuned literally multiple thousands of 2011+ GT's, we're talking about fractions of a percent as a failure ratio. It's a very small, but serious percentage - and we wouldn't want any of our customers to have to worry about it.

Thanks again for all of the kind feedback, and hopefully everything turns out okay for the OP and anyone who has run into this situation with a different custom tune than Bama's.
After seeing what AM has to say and everything that's going on and taking responsibility for everything really I'm going to give all my business from now on to AM seeing companies like this really is something you never see now a days and really makes me want to give them all my business because there in the business for all the right reason!
Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #59
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
I hate when i see stuff like this because 1 person with no sence of what "common sence" is when tunning is attempting to influince thousands of ppl to look negativelly on a darn good auto manufacture. Its gross man and i hate to say but ur obviouslly one of those ppl ppl like this sale manager are talking about when they say "theres a sucker born every min" its like "ok look hears what ur warrenty covers from the factoryin writing so make sure u read it" "ok well i want to put nitro and a tune on can i still be covered?" "sure y not oh but will just shake on it ok?" "sure good enough for me"... for real man? Like really lmao! Ok i know hinesites 20/20 but:

1 if buying a new car to mod have the dealer do the mods and write a warenty up for it if they wont DONT do the mods unless there is an aftermarket engine shop willing to do it and warrenty it in WRITING!

2 buy a used car for way less money to mod where warrenty is not an issue. (i am aware many ppl mod brand new cars and trying not to piss any of them off its just not the smartest way to go unless ur "made of money")

3 if u insist on a new car or have ur heart set on that specific new car and cant afford to have a dealer install ur mods and warrenty them then DONT MOD UR CAR till ur warrenty is done or at least opt for no warrenty to save the couple grand it costs!

And most importantly 4 if u continue to ignore common sence at lest shut ur mouth when ur car goes boom and ur up that creek with out a paddle fact is u did it to ur self weather or not the sales manager lied. Its in black and white or its not real period!
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
I hate when i see stuff like this because 1 person with no sence of what "common sence" is when tunning is attempting to influince thousands of ppl to look negativelly on a darn good auto manufacture. Its gross man and i hate to say but ur obviouslly one of those ppl ppl like this sale manager are talking about when they say "theres a sucker born every min" its like "ok look hears what ur warrenty covers from the factoryin writing so make sure u read it" "ok well i want to put nitro and a tune on can i still be covered?" "sure y not oh but will just shake on it ok?" "sure good enough for me"... for real man? Like really lmao! Ok i know hinesites 20/20 but:

1 if buying a new car to mod have the dealer do the mods and write a warenty up for it if they wont DONT do the mods unless there is an aftermarket engine shop willing to do it and warrenty it in WRITING!

2 buy a used car for way less money to mod where warrenty is not an issue. (i am aware many ppl mod brand new cars and trying not to piss any of them off its just not the smartest way to go unless ur "made of money")

3 if u insist on a new car or have ur heart set on that specific new car and cant afford to have a dealer install ur mods and warrenty them then DONT MOD UR CAR till ur warrenty is done or at least opt for no warrenty to save the couple grand it costs!

And most importantly 4 if u continue to ignore common sence at lest shut ur mouth when ur car goes boom and ur up that creek with out a paddle fact is u did it to ur self weather or not the sales manager lied. Its in black and white or its not real period!
Man if your gonna rag on someone like that you gotta learn to spell!! Lol.. And i think a lot of us on this forum are in the same boat as far as the factory warranty being out the window.. Difference is we understand and know that we're risking it.. But this is a reason I went with Bama tuning so that if there is an issue it's as if I still have a warranty, #8 cylinder which seems to be the only major issue occurring with the 5.0s and very few and far between..
Old 01-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Hawk,

The OP wrote he didn't use nitro. DID NOT. Please get it correct when you quote someone. American Musscle is the bomb and a great company who knows mustangs. Now all put that in your tailpipes and smoke it. Poke
Old 01-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Its righteous...lol im just messing with u as long as we can decifer it than it doesnt matter and i know i screw up all the time since i mainly use an iphone to reply....forget people who worry about spelling on a forum its just stupid....now back on the topic... I think the op is full of it you would really have to be stupid to think that they would cover you if you put nitrous on your car( i know he said he didnt
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #63
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Hawk,

The OP wrote he didn't use nitro. DID NOT. Please get it correct when you quote someone. American Musscle is the bomb and a great company who knows mustangs. Now put that in your tailpipe and smoke it. Poke
I never said he ran nitro i said he ran a tune when u give someone ***** make sure u know why and what for. further more i never said anything negitive about AM or bama or sct. all are "awsome" in my mind and did an awsome job. im looking foward to giving them some of my buisness in the near future. I did say in many more words that the OP anger is miss guided to the company as a hole and should personally be pissed off at the sales person whome lied to him. Further more i explained that he the OP was being nieve. Treat every person for who they are, never assume ur free from attack or love. No mater what they have on or where they are.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

In all seriousness, hats off to a company like American Musscle. Prior to me recently purchasing a bama sct tuner from AM I called them, spoke with what I call a customer service rep and asked about warranty coverage. I asked the gentleman from AM if one should return the car back to its stock setting before taking it too the dealership. You know what the gentleman told me.

Absolutely not. We at American Musscle do not recommend changing the vehicle back to stock. The guy told me if my vehicle under warranty was having any issues then bring it to the dealership with the tune on it. If Ford refused to honor the warranty and claims the issue was caused by the tune, then American Musscle stands behind their products and will have the problem fixed at AM cost. Once I heard that I was impressed and bought from them. Love my bama tune. Worth every penny.

How about that folks. Wow! A company that stands behind there products. Thanks American Musscle for being what a model business should be. You have all my mustangs business.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #65
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Hawk,

The OP wrote he didn't use nitro. DID NOT. Please get it correct when you quote someone. American Musscle is the bomb and a great company who knows mustangs. Now all put that in your tailpipes and smoke it. Poke
He said he never ran nitrous (not nitro, nitro methane is an entirely different fuel)
HOWEVER, he did say that he asked and was told "sure you can run nitrous on this and it won't affect your warranty" Hmm, a major power adder and you don't think it will affect the warranty? Then why did you ask?

And I have a feeling that if he asked about running nitrous that he probably did run nitrous on the car and simply is trying to cover it. This entire thing, with postings on every forum he could find, sounds like someone who isn't going to give the entire truth of what he did.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC

He said he never ran nitrous (not nitro, nitro methane is an entirely different fuel)
HOWEVER, he did say that he asked and was told "sure you can run nitrous on this and it won't affect your warranty" Hmm, a major power adder and you don't think it will affect the warranty? Then why did you ask?

And I have a feeling that if he asked about running nitrous that he probably did run nitrous on the car and simply is trying to cover it. This entire thing, with postings on every forum he could find, sounds like someone who isn't going to give the entire truth of what he did.
Nitro was short for nitrous. Nitro us. Get it. I was abbreviating the word nitrous. Good grief. The OP said he didn't run it. Who are we to say the OP is lying. Just because someone asks something doesn't mean they did it. The OP inquired about using Nitrous (aka nitro) that doesn't mean he used it.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #67
Road Trip!

I ment n2o when i said nitro i can read just the spelling and grammer not so much.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
I ment n2o when i said nitro i can read just the spelling and grammer not so much.
We knew what you meant Hawk eye. People here just like to bust chops, like this forum is a darn english ligature class.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #69
Road Trip!

Lol well cant blame a guy for trying.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Come on guys. Its piece time. We love our stangs. I hope the OP gets his car straight.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT