BLOWN UP 2011 - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #106
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Correct me if im wrong but is it an accurate statement to say a large majority of mustang owners modify their stang to some degree. Im sure Ford is aware of this and might be a good idea to let consumers know about the driveshaft not being able to withstand certain speeds. Why does Ford have a speed meter in the v6 that reads 160 if the car can only safely go 118. When people see the 160 its only natural to think the vehicle is capable of doing that. According to the installed odometer by Ford the 2011 v6 reads 160. Don't have a freaking odometer that reads 160 if the car can go 160, put 118 or 112 what ever the speed gov is set for. It gives consumers the wrong impression and a sense of false security because no where does Ford tell consumers this.

Hard to believe but there are stang owners out there that don't go on mustang forums. They don't eat and breath mustang forums. They have no idea there car can't go 135. After all Ford doesn't warn consumers this and there odometer reads 160.
I doubt this is an actual issue on any car, not just Mustangs. Never ever herd of any factory torqued D/S failing. Not saying they haven't, just never herd of it. I'd be willing to bet these that have failed were not factory torqued.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #107
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: BLOWN UP 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Who said the drive shaft failed because of the speed? Ford needs to place a warning about the drive shaft failing past certain speeds. If no warning, then a company could be held civilly liable for the damage caused. Should a person want to hire a lawyer and look into it, I think one may have a legitimate case if its even true. Whose to say the drive shaft failed because of the speed.

Again, why hasn't Ford issued a warning about this. Why hasn't ford placed this drive shaft issue in the paperwork to avoid civil liability.
There have been no known cases of the driveshaft failing within the factory limited speed. If you remove the speed limiter you void your warranty and all responsibility that Ford may or may not have for your safety. Corporations warn you about modifying your car, they can't babysit your every move.

It is as simple and direct as that.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

I doubt this is an actual issue on any car, not just Mustangs. Never ever herd of any factory torqued D/S failing. Not saying they haven't, just never herd of it. I'd be willing to bet these that have failed were not factory torqued.
Yeah, Im not sure boss but people here on the thread say the driveshaft broke because of the high speed. And they may be right but Ford should tell its consumers this and get rid of the 160 speed meter on the v6 if the car can't go that fast.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-15-2012, 07:08 PM   #109
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Yeah, Im not sure boss but people here on the thread say the driveshaft broke because of the high speed. And they may be right but Ford should tell its consumers this and get rid of the 160 speed meter on the v6 if the car can't go that fast.
The speedo thing is nothing more then marketing/appearance and for people that will mod their car to the point where they can use them. Like stated before once you mod the car to that point you are long past their liability. The government can force a recall and I'm sure if Ford knew or thought there was a real issue where ppl's lives were in danger they'd fix or announce it. The Firestone tire thing almost ruined things imo.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

The speedo thing is nothing more then marketing/appearance and for people that will mod their car to the point where they can use them. Like stated before once you mod the car to that point you are long past their liability. The government can force a recall and I'm sure if Ford knew or thought there was a real issue where ppl's lives were in danger they'd fix or announce it. The Firestone tire thing almost ruined things imo.
If the car is not capable of doing 135 mph stock then don't put a stock factory speed odometer that reads 160. If someone is going to mod it after then they can buy an after market speed odometer. It gives people a false sense of what the car can do. I bet most people don't even no about the speed governor on the v6. With 305 hp one would think the car could safely be operated at speeds above 118. Heck ,my freakin Mazda mini van can go that fast and it's a soccer mom vehicle for crying out loud

By Ford placing a 160 on the odometer is advertising something that the car is not capable of doing stock and that's wrong. Don't advertise something that my vehicle can't do. Marketing ploy my backside, maybe it is but its wrong to do.

If my tires on the car read I can inflate to a 44 psi then why would I think the tire would explode at 44 psi. It reads 44. My factory stock odometer reads 160 and that's how fast my v6 should be able to go stock. If not, don't advertise that speed on my stock stang.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #111
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

If the car is not capable of doing 135 mph stock then don't put a stock factory speed odometer that reads 160. If someone is going to mod it after then they can buy an after market speed odometer. It gives people a false sense of what the car can do. I bet most people don't even no about the speed governor on the v6. With 305 hp one would think the car could safely be operated at speeds above 118. Heck ,my freakin Mazda mini van can go that fast and it's a soccer mom vehicle

By Ford placing a 160 on the odometer is advertising something that the car is not capable of doing and that's wrong. Don't advertise something that the vehicle can't do. Marketing ploy my backside, maybe it is but its wrong to do.
*waves my little white flag* if you feel so strongly I would suggest maybe you should take this issue up with Ford or a lawyer.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

*waves my little white flag* if you feel so strongly I would suggest maybe you should take this issue up with Ford or a lawyer.
Respectfully, I don't travel 135 in my stang so it doesn't affect me but its principal. Don't advertise my car can go so fast then turn around and tell people oh sorry about your luck, your v6 doesn't go that fast. Yet Ford advertises 160 on its stock v6. If it reads it many people will try to do it and naturally think they can safely do it
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
The car can handle the speed!.. Maybe not as well as a GT, but it can!.. Drive Shafts are measured by the amount of power and torque that can be put through them!.. Not by how fast the vehicle can be driven that they are put into!.. No more power is being put through that DS at 135 as was being put through it from a dig and just stumping on it!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #114
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: BLOWN UP 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
If the car is not capable of doing 135 mph stock then don't put a stock factory speed odometer that reads 160. If someone is going to mod it after then they can buy an after market speed odometer. It gives people a false sense of what the car can do. I bet most people don't even no about the speed governor on the v6. With 305 hp one would think the car could safely be operated at speeds above 118. Heck ,my freakin Mazda mini van can go that fast and it's a soccer mom vehicle for crying out loud

By Ford placing a 160 on the odometer is advertising something that the car is not capable of doing stock and that's wrong. Don't advertise something that my vehicle can't do. Marketing ploy my backside, maybe it is but its wrong to do.

If my tires on the car read I can inflate to a 44 psi then why would I think the tire would explode at 44 psi. It reads 44. My factory stock odometer reads 160 and that's how fast my v6 should be able to go stock. If not, don't advertise that speed on my stock stang.
Quote:
My factory stock odometer reads 160 and that's how fast my v6 should be able to go stock.
You are just arguing for the sake of arguing now. The point is Ford assumes you aren't an idiot. The company gives you a nice speedometer that reads 160 because it looks cool to have it read 160 and not 112mph or whatever it is speed limited too.

Stop whining about stupid insignificant details that have nothing to do with the actual problem.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner
The car can handle the speed!.. Maybe not as well as a GT, but it can!.. Drive Shafts are measured by the amount of power and torque that can be put through them!.. Not by how fast the vehicle can be driven that they are put into!.. No more power is being put through that DS at 135 as was being put through it from a dig and just stumping on it!..
Then why are people here saying the 2011 v6 driveshaft is not designed to handle that speed?

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

You are just arguing for the sake of arguing now. The point is Ford assumes you aren't an idiot. The company gives you a nice speedometer that reads 160 because it looks cool to have it read 160 and not 112mph or whatever it is speed limited too.

Stop whining about stupid insignificant details that have nothing to do with the actual problem.
No, the problem is that if the car is not capable of driving at those high speeds then don't advertise it and warn consumers. Nice speed odometer, you mean Ford can't give a nice looking one that reads 118 for the v6. Please! Bull.

Why would someone be an idiot to think a 305 hp sports car can't go over 118 mph. I find it quite shameful if this is actually true about the driveshaft not holding up on a 305 hp sports car.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #116
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: BLOWN UP 2011

They aren't advertising it. Jesus Christ. The only way the car can physically go faster than the factory set speed limit is if YOU REMOVE THE SPEED LIMITER.

They aren't advertising 160 MPH. You literally can not go faster than 118 MPH unless you void your warranty. There is no advertising 160. You can NOT go faster than 118MPH. That is impossible when you buy the car from Ford. If you try to THE CAR WILL STOP YOU.

You are just arguing to hear yourself talk at this point. You have no concept of advertisement at all.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #117
Registered Member

Regular
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 1,224
Re: BLOWN UP 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
The car can handle the speed!.. Maybe not as well as a GT, but it can!.. Drive Shafts are measured by the amount of power and torque that can be put through them!.. Not by how fast the vehicle can be driven that they are put into!.. No more power is being put through that DS at 135 as was being put through it from a dig and just stumping on it!..
It isn't the power and torque going through the driveshaft that causes failure like that. Spinning the shaft beyond its tolerance is the problem. The shaft can only spin so fast before it starts to suffer from harmonic vibration. Ever see the video of the bridge that fell apart with the wind setting up the right amount of vibration in the structure? Same thing with the driveshaft - the faster you go the faster the shaft is spinning. At some point it can't take the spin and comes apart.

Now it is possible as you said for the power and torque to break the shaft as well. Saw a friend blow up a built shaft at the track on launch. Twisted the shaft in two - he did it to two more after that until they found one that could handle the torque at launch.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
They aren't advertising it. Jesus Christ. The only way the car can physically go faster than the factory set speed limit is if YOU REMOVE THE SPEED LIMITER.

They aren't advertising 160 MPH. You literally can not go faster than 118 MPH unless you void your warranty. There is no advertising 160. You can NOT go faster than 118MPH. That is impossible when you buy the car from Ford. If you try to THE CAR WILL STOP YOU.

You are just arguing to hear yourself talk at this point. You have no concept of advertisement at all.
No argument here sir just a friendly debate. Its plain old advertising, end of story. I have a 2011 v6 stang and my factory stock speed odometer reads 160. If the stang does not go that fast then don't market and advertise 160 on the v6 factory speed odometer. A consumer would take that 160 reading as the car can do 160. It gives a person the idea that the car can do that because they purchased a sports car with 305 hp along with the fact the stock speed odometer reads 160

You know consumers out there are going to attempt high speeds. Its the very nature of one reason why people buy sports cars.

If I purchased a tire that has a printed speed rating capable on the tire of going 160 mph then wouldn't one think the tire was capable of doing that. The stock factory speed odometer reads 160 on a v6 , so the way I see it, its the fault of Ford for giving consumers the idea the car is capable of traveling at that speed and not warning them of such. Speed governor or not, its not explained by Ford the car is not capable of exceeding 118 mph or so and Ford is not helping by giving a factory speed odometer that reads 160
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #119
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Smh
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #120
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: BLOWN UP 2011

Quote:
No argument here sir just a friendly debate. Its plain old advertising, end of story.
You have a funny definition of debating. I guess it fits in well with your definition of advertising.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

You have a funny definition of debating. I guess it fits in well with your definition of advertising.
If something is printed, then that's called a form of advertising. The speed odometer is advertising 160 . Respectfully, why is that a hard concept to understand. Ford is advertising a speed of 160 on the v6 stang. That's what they put on the factory stock odometer. Why would someone think otherwise?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #122
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
This is exactly why there is a top speed limiter in the 1st place. Can we just close this ****ing thread already?
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
This is exactly why there is a top speed limiter in the 1st place. Can we just close this ****ing thread already?
Then Ford should not advertise a higher speed than what the car is govern for to travel. That's my point. They want to put a speed limiter on, fine but warn people about it and don't have a freaking stock speed odometer read 160 when the car can only go 118 because of the weak a$$ driveshaft they chose to put in a 305 hp sports car.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #124
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Then Ford should not advertise a higher speed than what the car is govern for to travel. That's my point. They want to put a speed limiter on, fine but warn people about it and don't have a freaking stock speed odometer read 160 when the car can only go 118 because of the weak a$$ driveshaft they chose to put in a 305 hp sports car.
Like I said already, go complain to someone who can actually do something about it because we can not.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #125
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: BLOWN UP 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
If something is printed, then that's called a form of advertising. The speed odometer is advertising 160 . Respectfully, why is that a hard concept to understand. Ford is advertising a speed of 160 on the v6 stang. That's what they put on the factory stock odometer. Why would someone think otherwise?
Because they have common sense? My Mom didn't buy her Saturn and go "Oh hey, 130MPH." and then floor the pedal and complain when it didn't go 130 MPH. Your argument, for lack of a better word, is dumb. I expect to have this kind of conversation with a child, not with someone that can actually drive a car.

You have literally argued for two pages now over how fast a speedometer reads in a car.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

No argument here sir just a friendly debate. Its plain old advertising, end of story. I have a 2011 v6 stang and my factory stock speed odometer reads 160. If the stang does not go that fast then don't market and advertise 160 on the v6 factory speed odometer. A consumer would take that 160 reading as the car can do 160. It gives a person the idea that the car can do that because they purchased a sports car with 305 hp along with the fact the stock speed odometer reads 160

You know consumers out there are going to attempt high speeds. Its the very nature of one reason why people buy sports cars.

If I purchased a tire that has a printed speed rating capable on the tire of going 160 mph then wouldn't one think the tire was capable of doing that. The stock factory speed odometer reads 160 on a v6 , so the way I see it, its the fault of Ford for giving consumers the idea the car is capable of traveling at that speed and not warning them of such. Speed governor or not, its not explained by Ford the car is not capable of exceeding 118 mph or so and Ford is not helping by giving a factory speed odometer that reads 160
If your so butthurt about the speedo, then go put a freaking 118 mph speedo on (if they even exist) and quit ya b!tchin. No one wants to hear you talk right now anyways. The FORUM OWNER is even "debating" with you. Take a hint...
DrSalt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #127
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: BLOWN UP 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Then Ford should not advertise a higher speed than what the car is govern for to travel. That's my point. They want to put a speed limiter on, fine but warn people about it and don't have a freaking stock speed odometer read 160 when the car can only go 118 because of the weak a$$ driveshaft they chose to put in a 305 hp sports car.
Your profile says you are a cop too. Well, why do automakers put speedometers that read higher than 80MPH in street legal cars?
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

If something is printed, then that's called a form of advertising. The speed odometer is advertising 160 . Respectfully, why is that a hard concept to understand. Ford is advertising a speed of 160 on the v6 stang. That's what they put on the factory stock odometer. Why would someone think otherwise?
Dude you have no concept of what advertising is!... I have yet to see a commercial, or magazine article, or anything like that stating how a stock Mustang V6 can do 160mph!!... A speedometer with numbers on it is a mechanical, (or electrical) device to indicate a given speed!.. It is not something used for advertisements!.. And advertisement is a method used to gain public awareness usually to sell a product of some sort!..

He'll the speedo in my Monte only went up to 115 yet I was clocked once doing 120mph!!... I guess that was false advertisement then!!.... Hahahahahaha
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Like I said already, go complain to someone who can actually do something about it because we can not.
Not complaining, just expressing a point. I don't care one way or the other. I don't travel speeds of 135.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Not complaining, just expressing a point. I don't care one way or the other. I don't travel speeds of 135.
You're like that kid in preschool that used to steal crayons from other kids, and when the teacher confronts you, you say "I was just borrowing them" lol
DrSalt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,974
Re: BLOWN UP 2011

Cheez, I thought the "blown up..." thread was outta control...

Gotta take the side of the speedo-not-advertising folks here. There's plenty of cars that won't max out heir speedos and heck, for years, based on the similar fear-mongering thinking "some" are quoting here, you were saddled with a 86 mph speedo on a 5L Mustang, same as the 4 banger. You had to go to Ford Motorsport to get a 160 mph "cop" speedo

It was great they left the marks on the speedo but just took the numbers off over 86....

I think it's just Ford being cheap and only wanting to produce a limited # of dashboard instrument clusters that leads to 160 in the 6.

Here's a segue to make you laugh: My 1979 5L Ghia's tach had a switch on the back for 4,6,8 cylinders. My friend used the 8 cyl diode pack to adapt a 7000 rpm 4 cyl turbo tach for my awesome '79 that basically hit a built in cyl head/cam rev limiter at about 5K, maybe 5500 after I put a big 4V intake, headers and duals on it....
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Dude you have no concept of what advertising is!... I have yet to see a commercial, or magazine article, or anything like that stating how a stock Mustang V6 can do 160mph!!... A speedometer with numbers on it is a mechanical, (or electrical) device to indicate a given speed!.. It is not something used for advertisements!.. And advertisement is a method used to gain public awareness usually to sell a product of some sort!..

He'll the speedo in my Monte only went up to 115 yet I was clocked once doing 120mph!!... I guess that was false advertisement then!!.... Hahahahahaha
Respectfully, I must agree that we clearly disagree on this. When you print something that is a form of advertisement. When Ford puts down a number of 160 on a stock speed odometer they are using that as a marketing tool. A form of advertising. When a customer sits in the v6 stang one may think the car is capable of doing such speed and that may appeal to that person. Ford is putting that on there to attract a buyer and it gives the purchaser a false sense of the car. Ford advertises 160 on the speed odometer and that's advertising my friend. If the car can't do that at minimum, then don't have it on the speed odometer. You know people are going to try and max the speed out to 160. Heck, Ford doesn't even tell you there is a speed governor on the car. I found this out from the mustang forums, not Ford.

I thought the reason why Ford put a speed limiter on the v6 at first was because the stock tires on the v6 are only speed rated for around 118 or so. I had no idea they used a weaker driveshaft that couldn't handle higher speeds than 118. I would of never thought that a 305 hp sports car could only go 118 safely. Being that my freaking mini van can go a buck 18 it never occurred to me.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSalt22

You're like that kid in preschool that used to steal crayons from other kids, and when the teacher confronts you, you say "I was just borrowing them" lol
Lol. Yeah, its just like that.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Respectfully, I must agree that we clearly disagree on this. When you print something that is a form of advertisement. When Ford puts down a number of 160 on a stock speed odometer they are using that as a marketing tool. A form of advertising. When a customer sits in the v6 stang one may think the car is capable if doing such speed and that may appeal to that person. Ford is putting that on there to attract a buyer and it gives the purchaser a false sense of the car. Ford advertises 160 on the speed odometer and that's advertising my friend. If the car can't do that at minimum then don't have it on the speed odometer. Because you know people are going to try and max the speed out to 160. Heck, Ford doesn't even tell you there is a speed governor on the car. I found this out from the mustang forums, not Ford.

I thought the reason why Ford put a speed limiter on the v6 was because the stock tires on the v6 are only speed rated for around 118 or so. I had no idea they used a weaker driveshaft that couldn't handle higher speeds than 118. I would of never thought that a 305 hp sports car could only go so fast. Being that my freaking mini van can go a buck 18 it never occurred to me.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------



Lol. Yeah, its just like that.
Bro you have no idea on what you are really talking about!... One freak incident about a DS breaking and your making it out like none of them can handle it!.. Either you don't know what your taking about or you are just arguing just to argue!... One freak incident is all it is!..

About two years ago I was driving down the highway at about 80mph and I SNAPED OFF all five lugs on my rear driver side wheel!!!.... Not an uncommon thing but I'm the only one I personnally know of to have done that!... I guess according to you Ford should make a warning about that too!.. Don't go 80mph in your 2004 Mustang GT because the lugs can't handle those speeds and power!!...

Dude your argument is totally point less!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sambrostang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 46
Keep goin this is funny as f*€k
Sambrostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Bro you have no idea on what you are really talking about!... One freak incident about a DS breaking and your making it out like none of them can handle it!.. Either you don't know what your taking about or you are just arguing just to argue!... One freak incident is all it is!..

About two years ago I was driving down the highway at about 80mph and I SNAPED OFF all five lugs on my rear driver side wheel!!!.... Not an uncommon thing but I'm the only one I personnally know of to have done that!... I guess according to you Ford should make a warning about that too!.. Don't go 80mph in your 2004 Mustang GT because the lugs can't handle those speeds and power!!...

Dude your argument is totally point less!...
According to people on here they claim the driveshaft broke because it couldn't handle that speed. I have no clue if this is true or not. That's what some posts are claiming it was the speed that caused the D/S to snap. I don't know what caused it to break. I was just saying if that was true about the driveshaft then Ford should change there speed advertising in there v6 models. If that's true. Im not a mechanic and don't claim to be.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #136
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: BLOWN UP 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Your profile says you are a cop too. Well, why do automakers put speedometers that read higher than 80MPH in street legal cars?
....
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

According to people on here they claim the driveshaft broke because it couldn't handle that speed. I have no clue if this is true or not. That's what some posts are claiming it was the speed that caused the D/S to snap. I don't know what caused it to break. I was just saying if that was true about the driveshaft then Ford should change there speed advertising in there v6 models. If that's true. Im not a mechanic and don't claim to be.
So according to you!.. Just because there is one freak incident then they need to put in a 118mph Speedo into the V6??...

Well then I guess that being the case then I need to upgrade the speedo in my car to a 80mph one!.. Because clearly I'm going to SNAPE OFF the remaining 15 stock lugs on my car if I do 80mph again!!.... Hahahahahaha
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #138
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: BLOWN UP 2011

Mr. 2011 Kona Blue

Do us all a favor and sell your wrongfully labeled speedometer mustang and go buy a vehicle that will do the exact speed that is labeled on the speedometer.

Let us know how your feet feel after all that walking.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #139
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Yeah, Im not sure boss but people here on the thread say the driveshaft broke because of the high speed. And they may be right but Ford should tell its consumers this and get rid of the 160 speed meter on the v6 if the car can't go that fast.
U honestly think that if the speedo reads 160 the car should go 160 at min? Kinda makes the speedo pointless over 160 then dont it? This is the stupidest thing ive ever heard some one say. Are u a cop? Further more i was "ball parking" in case u didnt notice i dont own a 2011 quit being an a$$ about a statiistic i dont NEED to know to make my point. and in an attempt to end this "NOW" do u think a car manufacture would even waste the money putting a speedo in the car if they wernt made to? Its far more cost effective to not have to add unnessacerry things in the car (and any good driver knows there limits with out taking there eyes off the road to see it for them selves). The speedo is a tool to messure the speed at which ur traveling nothing more and i for one appreceat having one that reads higher than the vehical can travel. heaven forbid i was screwing around and the limiter failed at least i would know how fast i was going. And one last point if i was looking to buy a car and the speedo read 113 insted of a nice linnier rounded off number i prolly wouldnt buy it. I like structure and form not a bunch of odd ball numbers lined up and i know im not alone in that.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Mr. 2011 Kona Blue

Do us all a favor and sell your wrongfully labeled speedometer mustang and go buy a vehicle that will do the exact speed that is labeled on the speedometer.

Let us know how your feet feel after all that walking.
+11

Hahahahahahahaha
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 GT Grill on 2011 V6 cmh872 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 5 10-14-2011 09:13 AM
2011 V6 versus 2012 GT 5.0 avengnd General Mustang Discussion 6 09-01-2011 05:49 AM
Alabama Events for 2011 SpectorV Regional Mustang Discussion 5 07-25-2011 09:27 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:30 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.