BLOWN UP 2011 - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

So according to you!.. Just because there is one freak incident then they need to put in a 118mph Speedo into the V6??...

Well then I guess that being the case then I need to upgrade the speedo in my car to a 80mph one!.. Because clearly I'm going to SNAPE OFF the remaining 15 stock lugs on my car if I do 80mph again!!.... Hahahahahaha
No im not saying that. People on here were saying its a known thing with the v6 stangs having weaker driveshafts. Other posts claim this was not a freak accident.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #142
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: BLOWN UP 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
No im not saying that. People on here were saying its a known thing with the v6 stangs having weaker driveshafts. Other posts claim this was not a freak accident.
Ok...in this case Ford owes me a built 8.8" solid rear axle with control arms, 31 spline axles, etc.

It's not my fault that by adding 150rwhp and drag tires I have broken my weak factory IRS twice. They advertised the 03 SVT cobra as a track car. Therefore they should be responsible for anything I break at the track.

Yes...I've modified the:
supercharger
fuel injectors
fuel pumps
fuel controller
intercooler
suspension
tires
transmission
etc
etc
etc

But...they advertised it as a track car, therefore they are responsible.

Good argument...you'll get far with that thinking.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular
 
salcruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Allen
Region: Texas
Posts: 90
Send a message via Yahoo to salcruz
Quote:
Originally Posted by amchrisrose
LMAO - you guys are awesome. Thanks for all of the kind feedback and I appreciate the loyalty and experience that every customer brings. We're happy to be able to provide what we can, and will always go above and beyond for you guys!

As for this being a marketing ploy by us, probably not the best decision we could make. We've never been into "shady" business, and never will. We're a really transparent company and I think everyone kinda knows our true colors that've been paying attention.

As for the failure, things happen and that's why we offer the warranty. When you take into consideration the fact that we've tuned literally multiple thousands of 2011+ GT's, we're talking about fractions of a percent as a failure ratio. It's a very small, but serious percentage - and we wouldn't want any of our customers to have to worry about it.

Thanks again for all of the kind feedback, and hopefully everything turns out okay for the OP and anyone who has run into this situation with a different custom tune than Bama's.
You guys ROCK!
salcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk

U honestly think that if the speedo reads 160 the car should go 160 at min? Kinda makes the speedo pointless over 160 then dont it? This is the stupidest thing ive ever heard some one say. Are u a cop? Further more i was "ball parking" in case u didnt notice i dont own a 2011 quit being an a$$ about a statiistic i dont NEED to know to make my point. and in an attempt to end this "NOW" do u think a car manufacture would even waste the money putting a speedo in the car if they wernt made to? Its far more cost effective to not have to add unnessacerry things in the car (and any good driver knows there limits with out taking there eyes off the road to see it for them selves). The speedo is a tool to messure the speed at which ur traveling nothing more and i for one appreceat having one that reads higher than the vehical can travel. heaven forbid i was screwing around and the limiter failed at least i would know how fast i was going. And one last point if i was looking to buy a car and the speedo read 113 insted of a nice linnier rounded off number i prolly wouldnt buy it. I like structure and form not a bunch of odd ball numbers lined up and i know im not alone in that.
Hawk,

What's the deal with the cop thing? Why are you asking this? Why does this matter? I know what a speed odometer is. Thank you for educating me on this. It measures the approximate speed in which a vehicle is traveling. Got it. Thanks. Why so hostile? What has your panties all ruffled, muffin. Relax. Were just having a friendly debate. Don't get so worked up. Its peace time here in the USA.

Respectfully, Im not saying the v6 can't go 135 or 140. There were some people here claiming the 2011 v6 driveshaft was not designed to handle speeds of 135 mph and this was the cause of the blown driveshaft. Is that a fair an accurate set of facts.

People here are claiming this was not a freak accident and the v6 driveshaft is not designed to handle such high speeds, which is why Ford placed a speed governor on the v6 model. Is that fair to say according to some people on this site.

You guys are really intense on here. I like. Good times.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sambrostang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 46
Better call backup lol
Sambrostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambrostang
Better call backup lol
Lol. What's with this cop thing? I got this. I think we just have a misunderstanding.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sambrostang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Lol. What's with this cop thing? I got this. I think we just have a misunderstanding.
Sorry I just had to put my 2 cents in officer
Lol just fu€Kin with ya
Sambrostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #148
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
Admitedlly the cop thing was a low blow (fact is i havent met one yet that dosent jump to violance or pure stubron pigheadedness weather there right or wrong to achieve there goal yet). Im fine but uve been blastin for quite a few pages now about the stupid speedo not to mention ur blasting me simply because i said 250lbft instead of 280 totally missing the point and flying off the deep end. I dont have everyone else telling me to give it a rest ( though i know i should and sry yall about all this mess i want it over to but hes just so miss giuded i feel compelled to help) so that brings me to the life lesson part of my post to u... If everyone u meet is an a$$hole maybe its not them. (i mean no disrespect in saying this u only need to see that if u didnt attack u wouldnt be attacked thats the point of the statement)
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #149
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambrostang

Sorry I just had to put my 2 cents in officer
Lol just fu€Kin with ya
Well, you made me laugh. Good times here. What's next to debate?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambrostang
Better call backup lol
+1. Hahhahahaha
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #151
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Hawk,

What's the deal with the cop thing? Why are you asking this? Why does this matter? I know what a speed odometer is. Thank you for educating me on this. It measures the approximate speed in which a vehicle is traveling. Got it. Thanks. Why so hostile? What has your panties all ruffled, muffin. Relax. Were just having a friendly debate. Don't get so worked up. Its peace time here in the USA.

Respectfully, Im not saying the v6 can't go 135 or 140. There were some people here claiming the 2011 v6 driveshaft was not designed to handle speeds of 135 mph and this was the cause of the blown driveshaft. Is that a fair an accurate set of facts.

People here are claiming this was not a freak accident and the v6 driveshaft is not designed to handle such high speeds, which is why Ford placed a speed governor on the v6 model. Is that fair to say according to some people on this site.

You guys are really intense on here. I like. Good times.
Am i wrong or what? dont most, if not all, factory cars have governor on them right? Not just the v6 model, right?
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #152
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
And b4 u get all mad thinking i called u an a-hole. Its a figure of speech ment to make u think.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #153
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85

Am i wrong or what? dont most, if not all, factory cars have governor on them right? Not just the v6 model, right?
Actually you ate correct!!...

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

*are
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #154
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
This is so entertaining!

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire... But here's another one. Lol

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=1_AjKt-KSNU

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Ugh, never mind. That link is not working. Another 2011 v6 blew a shaft on the dyno.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #155
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
Admitedlly the cop thing was a low blow (fact is i havent met one yet that dosent jump to violance or pure stubron pigheadedness weather there right or wrong to achieve there goal yet). Im fine but uve been blastin for quite a few pages now about the stupid speedo not to mention ur blasting me simply because i said 250lbft instead of 280 totally missing the point and flying off the deep end. I dont have everyone else telling me to give it a rest ( though i know i should and sry yall about all this mess i want it over to but hes just so miss giuded i feel compelled to help) so that brings me to the life lesson part of my post to u... If everyone u meet is an a$$hole maybe its not them. (i mean no disrespect in saying this u only need to see that if u didnt attack u wouldnt be attacked thats the point of the statement)
I don't recall attacking you.

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
This is so entertaining!

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire... But here's another one. Lol

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=1_AjKt-KSNU

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Ugh, never mind. That link is not working. Another 2011 v6 blew a shaft on the dyno.
I actually saw that one today. If it was the white mustang. The driveshaft broke.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #156
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
This is great! I ate a hole bag of popcorn reading this sh**! IMO out of the thousands of v6 mustangs built only a hand full have this problem. Its just a mechanical failure nothing is perfect every time. I'm sure everyone has bought something brand new that was defective before. We know this as a (lemon) in the auto industry! But don't let my little bit of genius stop this tremendously entertaining bullsh**!! Lmfao! U guys are great!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:31 AM   #157
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo
This is great! I ate a hole bag of popcorn reading this sh**! IMO out of the thousands of v6 mustangs built only a hand full have this problem. Its just a mechanical failure nothing is perfect every time. I'm sure everyone has bought something brand new that was defective before. We know this as a (lemon) in the auto industry! But don't let my little bit of genius stop this tremendously entertaining bullsh**!! Lmfao! U guys are great!
So your saying this is not from a weaker issued driveshaft by Ford. Okay. Sounds good. Good to know. I too at first thought this was a rare incident until others had posted it was a weaker driveshaft put in by Ford.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:43 AM   #158
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

So your saying this is not from a weaker issued driveshaft by Ford. Okay. Sounds good. Good to know. I too at first thought this was a rare incident until others had posted it was a weaker driveshaft put in by Ford.
I have a few buddy's I work with that have 2011+ v6 stangs that have tuned there cars and full exh. on stock DS and race at a old airbase and run there cars at 130+ with no problems! And they do this pretty often.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:46 AM   #159
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

I have a few buddy's I work with that have 2011+ v6 stangs that have tuned there cars and full exh. on stock DS and race at a old airbase and run there cars at 130+ with no problems! And they do this pretty often.
Sweet. Sounds like to me some people don't know what there talking about when they say Ford is using weaker driveshafts in the v6 models.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:52 AM   #160
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Sweet. Sounds like to me some people don't know what there talking about when they say Ford is using weaker driveshafts in the v6 models.
I'm just stating what I have seen that's all. I'm not a mustang expert!lol
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:03 AM   #161
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

I don't recall attacking you.

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------



I actually saw that one today. If it was the white mustang. The driveshaft broke.
And on that note good night ladies and gentelman.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #162
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo
This is great! I ate a hole bag of popcorn reading this sh**! IMO out of the thousands of v6 mustangs built only a hand full have this problem. Its just a mechanical failure nothing is perfect every time. I'm sure everyone has bought something brand new that was defective before. We know this as a (lemon) in the auto industry! But don't let my little bit of genius stop this tremendously entertaining bullsh**!! Lmfao! U guys are great!
About ten years ago a buddy of mine bought a brand spanking new Dodge Ram!.. It only had like 15 miles on it when he drove it home!.. Within the first couple of weeks it was nothing but problems!.. Virtually everything in that truck was replaced by the factory over the course of two years!.. From the battery to the engine, tranny, electrical harness!!... Virtually everything!.. Lol. Ya you can still get a "freak car" , sometimes it's a good one sometimes it's a bad one!... Lol.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #163
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

About ten years ago a buddy of mine bought a brand spanking new Dodge Ram!.. It only had like 15 miles on it when he drove it home!.. Within the first couple of weeks it was nothing but problems!.. Virtually everything in that truck was replaced by the factory over the course of two years!.. From the battery to the engine, tranny, electrical harness!!... Virtually everything!.. Lol. Ya you can still get a "freak car" , sometimes it's a good one sometimes it's a bad one!... Lol.
**** happens! So have some tp ready.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #164
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: BLOWN UP 2011

if you touch the car and modify it then you run the risk of having to take care of anything breaking on it.... just how it is sadly
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #165
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
if you touch the car and modify it then you run the risk of having to take care of anything breaking on it.... just how it is sadly
+11
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #166
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
if you touch the car and modify it then you run the risk of having to take care of anything breaking on it.... just how it is sadly
Yeah don't know how long my dealer is going to be mod friendly! Hopefully they stay that way
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #167
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Wow what a waste of band width. Absolutely ****ing POINTLESS.

Well, maybe not. Post count successfully padded.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #168
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Sweet. Sounds like to me some people don't know what there talking about when they say Ford is using weaker driveshafts in the v6 models.
DS is not the same... Even the aftermarket DS for the GTs don't fit the v6 from what I've heard.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #169
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,976
Re: BLOWN UP 2011

Anybody mention yet the GT won't do 160 mph, either....no matter how good its stock driveshaft is....
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #170
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
Anybody mention yet the GT won't do 160 mph, either....no matter how good its stock driveshaft is....
Why would u say that??
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #171
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
Anybody mention yet the GT won't do 160 mph, either....no matter how good its stock driveshaft is....
That would be because of the newer strickter laws the auto manufactures have to abide by to sell cars in north america. They have a limiter installed.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #172
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
Anybody mention yet the GT won't do 160 mph, either....no matter how good its stock driveshaft is....


---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
Anybody mention yet the GT won't do 160 mph, either....no matter how good its stock driveshaft is....
Mine broke 160... On a dyno

Speed limiter was removed of course.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #173
Registered Member
Regular
 
vinnygt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: California
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------



Mine broke 160... On a dyno

Speed limiter was removed of course.
You guys think my sc 98 cobra will break 160?
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #174
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
If my n/a modded old push rod 302 could then so can you!
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #175
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang_Madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fairchild AFB
Region: Washington
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Wow. So cool. The big conspiracy theory going on here. Actually I think the OP may be a KGB spy and he is looking to infiltrate American Musscle. Trying to steal secrets on how American Musscle is a good company and how they do it. So exciting.
+1 Why does it matter if its a "marketing ploy"?! Everyone knows American Muscle is a fantastic company and alone i would say how great they are with customer service, quality products, and great instructions or details for DIY projects. They are definitely getting my business because of those 3 reasons. Screw marketing ploys and all that junk. Lol they are a great company.
__________________
K&N CAI, Cobra 18" Rims, Cobra Brakes, More Mods to come!
Mustang_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 GT Grill on 2011 V6 cmh872 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 5 10-14-2011 09:13 AM
2011 V6 versus 2012 GT 5.0 avengnd General Mustang Discussion 6 09-01-2011 05:49 AM
Alabama Events for 2011 SpectorV Regional Mustang Discussion 5 07-25-2011 09:27 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:50 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.