BLOWN UP 2011 - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

So according to you!.. Just because there is one freak incident then they need to put in a 118mph Speedo into the V6??...

Well then I guess that being the case then I need to upgrade the speedo in my car to a 80mph one!.. Because clearly I'm going to SNAPE OFF the remaining 15 stock lugs on my car if I do 80mph again!!.... Hahahahahaha
No im not saying that. People on here were saying its a known thing with the v6 stangs having weaker driveshafts. Other posts claim this was not a freak accident.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #142
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: BLOWN UP 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
No im not saying that. People on here were saying its a known thing with the v6 stangs having weaker driveshafts. Other posts claim this was not a freak accident.
Ok...in this case Ford owes me a built 8.8" solid rear axle with control arms, 31 spline axles, etc.

It's not my fault that by adding 150rwhp and drag tires I have broken my weak factory IRS twice. They advertised the 03 SVT cobra as a track car. Therefore they should be responsible for anything I break at the track.

Yes...I've modified the:
supercharger
fuel injectors
fuel pumps
fuel controller
intercooler
suspension
tires
transmission
etc
etc
etc

But...they advertised it as a track car, therefore they are responsible.

Good argument...you'll get far with that thinking.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to salcruz
Quote:
Originally Posted by amchrisrose
LMAO - you guys are awesome. Thanks for all of the kind feedback and I appreciate the loyalty and experience that every customer brings. We're happy to be able to provide what we can, and will always go above and beyond for you guys!

As for this being a marketing ploy by us, probably not the best decision we could make. We've never been into "shady" business, and never will. We're a really transparent company and I think everyone kinda knows our true colors that've been paying attention.

As for the failure, things happen and that's why we offer the warranty. When you take into consideration the fact that we've tuned literally multiple thousands of 2011+ GT's, we're talking about fractions of a percent as a failure ratio. It's a very small, but serious percentage - and we wouldn't want any of our customers to have to worry about it.

Thanks again for all of the kind feedback, and hopefully everything turns out okay for the OP and anyone who has run into this situation with a different custom tune than Bama's.
You guys ROCK!
salcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk

U honestly think that if the speedo reads 160 the car should go 160 at min? Kinda makes the speedo pointless over 160 then dont it? This is the stupidest thing ive ever heard some one say. Are u a cop? Further more i was "ball parking" in case u didnt notice i dont own a 2011 quit being an a$$ about a statiistic i dont NEED to know to make my point. and in an attempt to end this "NOW" do u think a car manufacture would even waste the money putting a speedo in the car if they wernt made to? Its far more cost effective to not have to add unnessacerry things in the car (and any good driver knows there limits with out taking there eyes off the road to see it for them selves). The speedo is a tool to messure the speed at which ur traveling nothing more and i for one appreceat having one that reads higher than the vehical can travel. heaven forbid i was screwing around and the limiter failed at least i would know how fast i was going. And one last point if i was looking to buy a car and the speedo read 113 insted of a nice linnier rounded off number i prolly wouldnt buy it. I like structure and form not a bunch of odd ball numbers lined up and i know im not alone in that.
Hawk,

What's the deal with the cop thing? Why are you asking this? Why does this matter? I know what a speed odometer is. Thank you for educating me on this. It measures the approximate speed in which a vehicle is traveling. Got it. Thanks. Why so hostile? What has your panties all ruffled, muffin. Relax. Were just having a friendly debate. Don't get so worked up. Its peace time here in the USA.

Respectfully, Im not saying the v6 can't go 135 or 140. There were some people here claiming the 2011 v6 driveshaft was not designed to handle speeds of 135 mph and this was the cause of the blown driveshaft. Is that a fair an accurate set of facts.

People here are claiming this was not a freak accident and the v6 driveshaft is not designed to handle such high speeds, which is why Ford placed a speed governor on the v6 model. Is that fair to say according to some people on this site.

You guys are really intense on here. I like. Good times.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Better call backup lol
Sambrostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambrostang
Better call backup lol
Lol. What's with this cop thing? I got this. I think we just have a misunderstanding.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Lol. What's with this cop thing? I got this. I think we just have a misunderstanding.
Sorry I just had to put my 2 cents in officer
Lol just fu€Kin with ya
Sambrostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #148
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
Admitedlly the cop thing was a low blow (fact is i havent met one yet that dosent jump to violance or pure stubron pigheadedness weather there right or wrong to achieve there goal yet). Im fine but uve been blastin for quite a few pages now about the stupid speedo not to mention ur blasting me simply because i said 250lbft instead of 280 totally missing the point and flying off the deep end. I dont have everyone else telling me to give it a rest ( though i know i should and sry yall about all this mess i want it over to but hes just so miss giuded i feel compelled to help) so that brings me to the life lesson part of my post to u... If everyone u meet is an a$$hole maybe its not them. (i mean no disrespect in saying this u only need to see that if u didnt attack u wouldnt be attacked thats the point of the statement)
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sorry I just had to put my 2 cents in officer
Lol just fu€Kin with ya
Well, you made me laugh. Good times here. What's next to debate?
Old 01-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Better call backup lol
+1. Hahhahahaha
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hawk,

What's the deal with the cop thing? Why are you asking this? Why does this matter? I know what a speed odometer is. Thank you for educating me on this. It measures the approximate speed in which a vehicle is traveling. Got it. Thanks. Why so hostile? What has your panties all ruffled, muffin. Relax. Were just having a friendly debate. Don't get so worked up. Its peace time here in the USA.

Respectfully, Im not saying the v6 can't go 135 or 140. There were some people here claiming the 2011 v6 driveshaft was not designed to handle speeds of 135 mph and this was the cause of the blown driveshaft. Is that a fair an accurate set of facts.

People here are claiming this was not a freak accident and the v6 driveshaft is not designed to handle such high speeds, which is why Ford placed a speed governor on the v6 model. Is that fair to say according to some people on this site.

You guys are really intense on here. I like. Good times.
Am i wrong or what? dont most, if not all, factory cars have governor on them right? Not just the v6 model, right?
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #152
Road Trip!

And b4 u get all mad thinking i called u an a-hole. Its a figure of speech ment to make u think.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85

Am i wrong or what? dont most, if not all, factory cars have governor on them right? Not just the v6 model, right?
Actually you ate correct!!...

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

*are
Old 01-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #154
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

This is so entertaining!

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire... But here's another one. Lol

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=1_AjKt-KSNU

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Ugh, never mind. That link is not working. Another 2011 v6 blew a shaft on the dyno.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
Admitedlly the cop thing was a low blow (fact is i havent met one yet that dosent jump to violance or pure stubron pigheadedness weather there right or wrong to achieve there goal yet). Im fine but uve been blastin for quite a few pages now about the stupid speedo not to mention ur blasting me simply because i said 250lbft instead of 280 totally missing the point and flying off the deep end. I dont have everyone else telling me to give it a rest ( though i know i should and sry yall about all this mess i want it over to but hes just so miss giuded i feel compelled to help) so that brings me to the life lesson part of my post to u... If everyone u meet is an a$$hole maybe its not them. (i mean no disrespect in saying this u only need to see that if u didnt attack u wouldnt be attacked thats the point of the statement)
I don't recall attacking you.

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
This is so entertaining!

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire... But here's another one. Lol

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=1_AjKt-KSNU

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Ugh, never mind. That link is not working. Another 2011 v6 blew a shaft on the dyno.
I actually saw that one today. If it was the white mustang. The driveshaft broke.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
This is great! I ate a hole bag of popcorn reading this sh**! IMO out of the thousands of v6 mustangs built only a hand full have this problem. Its just a mechanical failure nothing is perfect every time. I'm sure everyone has bought something brand new that was defective before. We know this as a (lemon) in the auto industry! But don't let my little bit of genius stop this tremendously entertaining bullsh**!! Lmfao! U guys are great!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:31 AM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo
This is great! I ate a hole bag of popcorn reading this sh**! IMO out of the thousands of v6 mustangs built only a hand full have this problem. Its just a mechanical failure nothing is perfect every time. I'm sure everyone has bought something brand new that was defective before. We know this as a (lemon) in the auto industry! But don't let my little bit of genius stop this tremendously entertaining bullsh**!! Lmfao! U guys are great!
So your saying this is not from a weaker issued driveshaft by Ford. Okay. Sounds good. Good to know. I too at first thought this was a rare incident until others had posted it was a weaker driveshaft put in by Ford.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:43 AM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So your saying this is not from a weaker issued driveshaft by Ford. Okay. Sounds good. Good to know. I too at first thought this was a rare incident until others had posted it was a weaker driveshaft put in by Ford.
I have a few buddy's I work with that have 2011+ v6 stangs that have tuned there cars and full exh. on stock DS and race at a old airbase and run there cars at 130+ with no problems! And they do this pretty often.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:46 AM   #159
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have a few buddy's I work with that have 2011+ v6 stangs that have tuned there cars and full exh. on stock DS and race at a old airbase and run there cars at 130+ with no problems! And they do this pretty often.
Sweet. Sounds like to me some people don't know what there talking about when they say Ford is using weaker driveshafts in the v6 models.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:52 AM   #160
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sweet. Sounds like to me some people don't know what there talking about when they say Ford is using weaker driveshafts in the v6 models.
I'm just stating what I have seen that's all. I'm not a mustang expert!lol
Old 01-16-2012, 02:03 AM   #161
Road Trip!

Quote:

I don't recall attacking you.

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

I actually saw that one today. If it was the white mustang. The driveshaft broke.
And on that note good night ladies and gentelman.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #162
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
About ten years ago a buddy of mine bought a brand spanking new Dodge Ram!.. It only had like 15 miles on it when he drove it home!.. Within the first couple of weeks it was nothing but problems!.. Virtually everything in that truck was replaced by the factory over the course of two years!.. From the battery to the engine, tranny, electrical harness!!... Virtually everything!.. Lol. Ya you can still get a "freak car" , sometimes it's a good one sometimes it's a bad one!... Lol.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

About ten years ago a buddy of mine bought a brand spanking new Dodge Ram!.. It only had like 15 miles on it when he drove it home!.. Within the first couple of weeks it was nothing but problems!.. Virtually everything in that truck was replaced by the factory over the course of two years!.. From the battery to the engine, tranny, electrical harness!!... Virtually everything!.. Lol. Ya you can still get a "freak car" , sometimes it's a good one sometimes it's a bad one!... Lol.
**** happens! So have some tp ready.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #164
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

if you touch the car and modify it then you run the risk of having to take care of anything breaking on it.... just how it is sadly
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #165
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
if you touch the car and modify it then you run the risk of having to take care of anything breaking on it.... just how it is sadly
+11
Old 01-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
Yeah don't know how long my dealer is going to be mod friendly! Hopefully they stay that way
Old 01-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #167
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Wow what a waste of band width. Absolutely ****ing POINTLESS.

Well, maybe not. Post count successfully padded.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #168
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

DS is not the same... Even the aftermarket DS for the GTs don't fit the v6 from what I've heard.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

Anybody mention yet the GT won't do 160 mph, either....no matter how good its stock driveshaft is....
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #170
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
Anybody mention yet the GT won't do 160 mph, either....no matter how good its stock driveshaft is....
Why would u say that??
Old 01-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #171
Road Trip!

Quote:
That would be because of the newer strickter laws the auto manufactures have to abide by to sell cars in north america. They have a limiter installed.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Mine broke 160... On a dyno

Speed limiter was removed of course.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #173
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Mine broke 160... On a dyno

Speed limiter was removed of course.
You guys think my sc 98 cobra will break 160?
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #174
Road Trip!

If my n/a modded old push rod 302 could then so can you!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Wow. So cool. The big conspiracy theory going on here. Actually I think the OP may be a KGB spy and he is looking to infiltrate American Musscle. Trying to steal secrets on how American Musscle is a good company and how they do it. So exciting.
+1 Why does it matter if its a "marketing ploy"?! Everyone knows American Muscle is a fantastic company and alone i would say how great they are with customer service, quality products, and great instructions or details for DIY projects. They are definitely getting my business because of those 3 reasons. Screw marketing ploys and all that junk. Lol they are a great company.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT