302 Intake - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mr Sly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 21
302 Intake

One quick question, will installing the Boss 302 intake void my warranty? Because I went to 2 different dealerships down in El Paso, TX and one told me yes it would and the other told me no it wouldnt.
Mr Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Well it will void warranty. You will need to tune for it. Running it with out a tune is going to cause issues with A/F.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Well it will void warranty. You will need to tune for it. Running it with out a tune is going to cause issues with A/F.
^^ this true and of course the tune voids warranty also
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sly
One quick question, will installing the Boss 302 intake void my warranty? Because I went to 2 different dealerships down in El Paso, TX and one told me yes it would and the other told me no it wouldnt.
If worried about warranty issues don't mod the car IMO. No punn intended bud
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mr Sly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 21
Re: 302 Intake

i was just wondering because i feel as if something is about go wrong with the tranny so im gonna wait to see if it goes out or do the work myself then mod it. thanks for the info though
Mr Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sly
i was just wondering because i feel as if something is about go wrong with the tranny so im gonna wait to see if it goes out or do the work myself then mod it. thanks for the info though
Why do you think that something is about to go wrong with the transmission? Also, it would be tough for them to prove that a boss intake mani and mild tune blew your tranny up since you would be making about the same power as an actual boss, which uses the same transmission.

I'm also assuming you have a MT82 since we haven't really been hearing any reports about the autos having issues. If you have an auto it may be a different story with the tune since it messes with the shifts.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,976
Re: 302 Intake

Napoleon,

I understand your point but, this just isn't how the world works. Despite any laws you might have down there, FMC doesn't have to "prove" anything to disallow a warranty on a modded car. They can claim anything they want and you'd have to have deep pockets and time to take them to court to beat them.

As has been stated elsewhere, don't mod the car if warranty is a concern. That's the only fair and safe advice anyone can give. Everybody wants a workaround so they can have their cake and eat it, too but, there really just isn't one.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: 302 Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Napoleon,

I understand your point but, this just isn't how the world works. Despite any laws you might have down there, FMC doesn't have to "prove" anything to disallow a warranty on a modded car. They can claim anything they want and you'd have to have deep pockets and time to take them to court to beat them.

As has been stated elsewhere, don't mod the car if warranty is a concern. That's the only fair and safe advice anyone can give. Everybody wants a workaround so they can have their cake and eat it, too but, there really just isn't one.
The OP stated he's in TX, USA. This means that he is covered by the provisions of the Magnusson-Moss Act and Ford DOES have to prove that the modification was directly responsible for the failure to deny warranty work. This is a law, not a matter of opinion.

I agree though, if you're concerned about your engine being covered under warranty then don't mod it. My point still stands that tuning your engine does not void any other part of your warranty, and may not completely void your powertrain warranty depending on the nature of the failure. My other point, that Bama stands behind their tunes and provides a written warranty still stands as well.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,976
Re: 302 Intake

I'm aware of your laws in this area. Here's how that hits the road, though: law or no law, it's up the consumer to take mega-corp Ford to court to win the case. This isn't a small or insignificant cost. Lawyers cost money, bringing civil suits is very time consuming, often frustrating and Joe Six-pack usually can't last as long as a corporation with a staff of paid lawyers and nothing to lose by being obstructionist and slow.

Still best bet, if you're taking a car in for warranty work on anything, de-mod it or don't mod it. Flagging yourself by going in modded, even in unrelated areas, is asking for it, if you need warranty service in the future.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dion11197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
I'm aware of your laws in this area. Here's how that hits the road, though: law or no law, it's up the consumer to take mega-corp Ford to court to win the case. This isn't a small or insignificant cost. Lawyers cost money, bringing civil suits is very time consuming, often frustrating and Joe Six-pack usually can't last as long as a corporation with a staff of paid lawyers and nothing to lose by being obstructionist and slow.

Still best bet, if you're taking a car in for warranty work on anything, de-mod it or don't mod it. Flagging yourself by going in modded, even in unrelated areas, is asking for it, if you need warranty service in the future.
You both have valid points! Per magnison and moss the only way the part is still covered is of it is from the manufacturer (FRPP) or if FRPP doesn't offer the part then you can go aftermarket and it's still "supposed" to be covered. Now..... Lmao!.... On the flip side, even if you mod and tune and return to stock for warrantee work, ford can still deny your warrantee based on they can still see that their factory computer settings were replaced at one time. See other threads on that one.
Bottom line... If you're worried about warrantee issues... Don't mod til after the coverage is over or car is paid for..... If money is t an issue.... Mod now and be prepared to pay out of pocket for ALL work wether it could've been warrantee or not.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sly
One quick question, will installing the Boss 302 intake void my warranty? Because I went to 2 different dealerships down in El Paso, TX and one told me yes it would and the other told me no it wouldnt.
Mr sly... Just from experience.... Take your car to Casa.... I've had nothing but headaches with others and casa has done me right! They've performed warrantee service for me and let's just say it's noticeable I'm not all stock, lol!
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Install of the Boss 302 intake manifold! Jarrod@latemodel 2011-2014 Mustang GT 354 09-21-2017 02:23 AM
Good Information Thread. ESG642T Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 10 01-13-2012 09:00 AM
Boss 302 Intake Manifold BlackStallion50 2011-2014 Mustang GT 77 07-20-2011 08:20 PM
Boss 302 vs GT 5.0 poloka 2011-2014 Mustang GT 188 06-20-2011 05:08 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:06 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.