SCT Datalogging Tips - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
SCT Datalogging Tips

Downloaded SCT livelink and before I even attempt wanted to see if any of you guys got good pointers on what to do besides following general steps.Do you have to capture this info in a short amount of time?Can you go back and look at it all across the WOT pull?Nobody riding with me to look at laptop so not sure.Sure I will have more questions coming.Anybody know what the numbers should be for A/F and etc. to know good or bad for these 5.0's?Will try sending it to tuner if I can figure out how to and can get all the info needed.ANY feedback is great.Thanks!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: SCT Datalogging Tips

you may wish to find a tuner or someone that has the default stuff to load and log (what params you wish to actually log during your data log session).

Once you have the params you wish to inspect and log just start the session do what ever it is you wish to do and stop it. Mostly I would say length depends on what you are after. If you can make something happen you wish to inspect then do that a few times and save it etc.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
When I get my computer back I can tell you what want to mark.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

you can probably export your setup and import it on another system and be good to go
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I did my data log for Gus at steeda and this is what he wanted me to data log

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1815572769.png
Views:	3094
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	38697

I'm pretty sure this is all u need to revise ur tune!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
I did my data log for Gus at steeda and this is what he wanted me to data log

Attachment 38697

I'm pretty sure this is all u need to revise ur tune!
Thats the exact thing I am being asked to log to.Did that option come up once you hooked it up to car and laptop? Thanks for the replies fellows.Good stuff.. like to know all I can on it.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 01-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
Thats the exact thing I am being asked to log to.Did that option come up once you hooked it up to car and laptop? Thanks for the replies fellows.Good stuff.. like to know all I can on it.
Once u hook up laptop and open the SCT application u will have to select all the sensors and parameter to log they will be in list format and u just check off all the individual parameters to log. Do a few of them wot and a few cruising around. The reason for this is the SCT datalogging app sometimes records crappy and the data is broken and hard to read. Gus at steeda informed me of this so I sent a few separate Datalog files. Hope this helps!

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Quote:
I recommend doing it with a friend!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Once u hook up laptop and open the SCT application u will have to select all the sensors and parameter to log they will be in list format and u just check off all the individual parameters to log. Do a few of them wot and a few cruising around. The reason for this is the SCT datalogging app sometimes records crappy and the data is broken and hard to read. Gus at steeda informed me of this so I sent a few separate Datalog files. Hope this helps!

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

I recommend doing it with a friend!
Thanks Benzo...Did you actually look at your numbers?I mean is it real time and you are looking at it or what? A guy who tunes these cars on another board just told me some of the ideal ranges for idle and for WOT.Was your tune pretty good with the way it was or did he make some tweaks for you. I may go back to my other tune and run logs of it too. I loved the throttle response on my first even more than my current 93 race tune.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks Benzo...Did you actually look at your numbers?I mean is it real time and you are looking at it or what? A guy who tunes these cars on another board just told me some of the ideal ranges for idle and for WOT.Was your tune pretty good with the way it was or did he make some tweaks for you. I may go back to my other tune and run logs of it too. I loved the throttle response on my first even more than my current 93 race tune.
No I didnt look at the data can only see it while ur driving. And no I don't know ideal a/f ratios. What are they? Spread the wealth of knowledge!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hello all,

What is WOT? I have tune my Stang in a month or so using SCT tech. How steepis the learning curve?

Las
Old 01-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT

Hello all,

What is WOT? I have tune my Stang in a month or so using SCT tech. How steepis the learning curve?

Las
WOT is Wide Open Throttle!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

WOT is Wide Open Throttle!...
!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No I didnt look at the data can only see it while ur driving. And no I don't know ideal a/f ratios. What are they? Spread the wealth of knowledge!
Ok .... On idle and part throttle 14.64:1 is a good area.As he said.Some motors like a little differenes but this is pretty good spot for AFR. WOT 12:1 to 13:1 for NA motors is pretty good.I think he saying the lower like 12ish is good. 11:1 is more for boosted motor.He has and does tune the 5.0's and says a little more about these numbers but this is some he told me about.Good stuff to know for sure.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
My n/a set up I ran right at 12.7 with 26* timing. (464whp full bolt ons)

Boost I run a little fat on fuel and run 11.2-11.3 with 17 1/4* timing. (620whp Supercharged w/ 10lbs boost stock exhaust boss intake)

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Most canned tunes will be low 12s. Going lean ie upper 12s will gain power. On n/a setups and around 11.8 on boosted cars.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT