warranty mods - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #1

Region: New Mexico
warranty mods

K so pretty much it seems like the only thing I can do to my 2012 5.0 is exhaust without voiding my warranty .
5.0Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Re: warranty mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0Stang View Post
K so pretty much it seems like the only thing I can do to my 2012 5.0 is exhaust without voiding my warranty .
Ehh, who needs a warranty! Mod the hell out of it!! j/k

well, its either do it or take the safe route ya know...
Eibach pro kit,Tokico shocks/struts,BBK CAI,75mm TB/ Plenum,4.10 FRPP gears,BBK o/r X pipe,Magnaflow Catback,SCT Tuner running 91 Tune,Bama Tunes for Life Member,RAM HD Clutch,BM shifter with MGW "GT" knob,AM smoked Headlights/Sylvania zXe bulbs,VHT smoked tails/3rd brake,Redtop Optima,Mach 1 grille delete,Mach 1 chin spoiler,BULLITT Pedals,20% tint all round,4.6 High Performance Badges
MiGT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

...and?
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Live and mod by this. Anything you touch will have no warranty.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

You can do a CAI w/out tune as well. Here is the thing...some people will disagree others will agree, others won't care...but it depends on your dealer, service department as well. I have been told by my service manager that if the part I modded caused the damage/problem then the damage/problem will not be warranted. So, the warranty regardless of mod is still good for the rest of the car. This has been my experience in the past.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd
You can do a CAI w/out tune as well. Here is the thing...some people will disagree others will agree, others won't care...but it depends on your dealer, service department as well. I have been told by my service manager that if the part I modded caused the damage/problem then the damage/problem will not be warranted. So, the warranty regardless of mod is still good for the rest of the car. This has been my experience in the past.
This is also what I was told..
Old 01-22-2012, 03:03 AM   #7

Region: New Mexico
K thanks .so intake no tune and exhaust.
5.0Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:07 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
K thanks .so intake no tune and exhaust.
Keep in mind you probably won't gain any HP for the CAI without the tune. But it will look good and if you get a C&L it will have a cool little whine noise with it. At least it was on the 2011 V6 I had.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

OR...you can make friends with the techs at your local Ford dealer! I'm a tech at a Ford dealer and there are a couple of mustangs that come in for service on occasion which don't have cats and such. So the customers request the work be done by guys they know who don't give an eff.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBeyond
OR...you can make friends with the techs at your local Ford dealer! I'm a tech at a Ford dealer and there are a couple of mustangs that come in for service on occasion which don't have cats and such. So the customers request the work be done by guys they know who don't give an eff.
But if you blow an engine or tranny or something serious they have to call in an engineer.. They wanted to call one in to look at my wheels when they were pitting of i wanted them to replace them but they decided to that they would paint them for me which is what I really wanted to start with..
Old 01-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
But if you blow an engine or tranny or something serious they have to call in an engineer.. They wanted to call one in to look at my wheels when they were pitting of i wanted them to replace them but they decided to that they would paint them for me which is what I really wanted to start with..
yea that's true. i just meant regular maintenance and repairs, a lot of guys don't care, they aren't gonna be like "oh we better void the warranty cause they've obviously modded it". well, most of the ppl i work with dont care anyways
Old 01-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #12
Road Trip!

the cold air w/ tune VS no cold air with tune will be put to test on my buddies 2012 auto this saturday. he will put tune in and run it. Then put cold air in it with tune and run it. He plans to prove the cold air is worthless agian.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
the cold air w/ tune VS no cold air with tune will be put to test on my buddies 2012 auto this saturday. he will put tune in and run it. Then put cold air in it with tune and run it. He plans to prove the cold air is worthless agian.
Just a quick question dude... I see you dont talk to highly about cai and i was just wondering, I see you have a jlt cai with a boss intake manifold btw your motor looks sweet. I just wanted to ask you why your running a cai and not your stock air box? Besides the appearance do you agree that the stock cai the coyote comes with provides the same amount of performance / airflow as your jlt? Or did you see an improvement over stock...
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
He can probably answer it better but I think it's a different story when boosted. The jlts supposed to add 1-1.5 psi.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G View Post
Just a quick question dude... I see you dont talk to highly about cai and i was just wondering, I see you have a jlt cai with a boss intake manifold btw your motor looks sweet. I just wanted to ask you why your running a cai and not your stock air box? Besides the appearance do you agree that the stock cai the coyote comes with provides the same amount of performance / airflow as your jlt? Or did you see an improvement over stock...
The open air box is better for the blower. The open filter on the blower indeed adds about 1.5 over stock air box. And I am running the Vortewch cold air with it. On a N/A car several guys have tested and showed it is worthless. I will make some vidoes this weekend with my buddies to prove this.

no cold air here. and this is one of my buddies car that I will be racing with this weekend. Even with his shifting issue(shift 1-2 1000rpms early) still ran a 10.9 at almost full weight. Not a stripped down race car like JPC or WBM.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBeyond

yea that's true. i just meant regular maintenance and repairs, a lot of guys don't care, they aren't gonna be like "oh we better void the warranty cause they've obviously modded it". well, most of the ppl i work with dont care anyways
They can't just do that. The dealership is required to prove the mod caused the failure before they can void the warranty.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I thought about this some more…if you mod your Mustang once you will just void the warranty in the end..Why because as a Mustang owner you either mod it or you keep it stock. Once you do the first Mod you won’t be able to stop…I can only imagine it’s how someone becomes a crack addict…once you start you can’t stop…you need another fix, and another and another. And before you know it the Mustang you bought is no longer the Mustang you had instead you have transformed it into this beast that you see…Just like a crack addict over time they don’t look the same either or feel the same… and the warranty on their life begins to fail or is voided all together.

So my suggestion is this…don’t mod it unless you want to become an addict…if you do become a mod addict you run the chance of voiding your warranty, but you have one of the largest support groups right here at ME…Good luck…

And remember it starts off like this…

Hi my name is Alan and I’m a Mustang mod addict… as the group responds Hi Alan….
Old 01-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
I thought about this some more…if you mod your Mustang once you will just void the warranty in the end..Why because as a Mustang owner you either mod it or you keep it stock. Once you do the first Mod you won’t be able to stop…I can only imagine it’s how someone becomes a crack addict…once you start you can’t stop…you need another fix, and another and another. And before you know it the Mustang you bought is no longer the Mustang you had instead you have transformed it into this beast that you see…Just like a crack addict over time they don’t look the same either or feel the same… and the warranty on their life begins to fail or is voided all together.

So my suggestion is this…don’t mod it unless you want to become an addict…if you do become a mod addict you run the chance of voiding your warranty, but you have one of the largest support groups right here at ME…Good luck…

And remember it starts off like this…

Hi my name is Alan and I’m a Mustang mod addict… as the group responds Hi Alan….
Hi Alan!

I can relate to this ... I had a '10 that I never touched and it remained stock for two years until I sold it. I bought my '11 last June/July and you can see my sig list. I have stuff installed or waiting to be installed that isn't even in there yet lol.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

The open air box is better for the blower. The open filter on the blower indeed adds about 1.5 over stock air box. And I am running the Vortewch cold air with it. On a N/A car several guys have tested and showed it is worthless. I will make some vidoes this weekend with my buddies to prove this.

no cold air here. and this is one of my buddies car that I will be racing with this weekend. Even with his shifting issue(shift 1-2 1000rpms early) still ran a 10.9 at almost full weight. Not a stripped down race car like JPC or WBM.
<a href="
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Hi Alan!

I can relate to this ... I had a '10 that I never touched and it remained stock for two years until I sold it. I bought my '11 last June/July and you can see my sig list. I have stuff installed or waiting to be installed that isn't even in there yet lol.
LOL...I think we can all relate, but I think there are some in denial.

I think I'll wait to start putting my performance mods in before I change my sig...LOL
Old 01-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

mine is still stock (for now) except for axlebacks. the wife and i are buying a house right now, but once that's all done....wooohooo!!! the mustangs going under the knife! man...i'm starting to get that addict itch just thinkin bout it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT