My build... Opinions and advice? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
tea84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 70
My build... Opinions and advice?

hey guys, Im a tech for Ford and I just picked up my baby. A 2012 5.0 6spd, GT premium with the brembo brake package.
My plans are:
1. Magnaflow comp cat back exhaust
2. Hurst short throw shifter
3. BBK 85mm TB
4. GT500 style spoiler
5. Aluminum 1 piece drive shaft
6. Ford Racing BOSS gauge pack
7. BOSS 302 Alcantra suede steering wheel
8. Airraid CAI and SF3 Tuner
9. Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
10. J&M rear upper and lower control arms
11. Ford Racing Lowering K-springs
12. NX Coyote Nitrous kit Plate system (only for when im hitting the track)
13. Im also looking to put pirelli's back on it once the originals are shot, thinking 285's if they will stretch on the 19's from the factory.
Im shooting for around 500BHP without the juice..
Just trying to get a feel for what kind of ACTUAL HP gains people are getting with these parts and if anyone has pro or cons for them? thanks
tea84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by tea84
hey guys, Im a tech for Ford and I just picked up my baby. A 2012 5.0 6spd, GT premium with the brembo brake package.
My plans are:
1. Magnaflow comp cat back exhaust
2. Hurst short throw shifter
3. BBK 85mm TB
4. GT500 style spoiler
5. Aluminum 1 piece drive shaft
6. Ford Racing BOSS gauge pack
7. BOSS 302 Alcantra suede steering wheel
8. Airraid CAI and SF3 Tuner
9. Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
10. J&M rear upper and lower control arms
11. Ford Racing Lowering K-springs
12. NX Coyote Nitrous kit Plate system (only for when im hitting the track)
13. Im also looking to put pirelli's back on it once the originals are shot, thinking 285's if they will stretch on the 19's from the factory.
Im shooting for around 500BHP without the juice..
Just trying to get a feel for what kind of ACTUAL HP gains people are getting with these parts and if anyone has pro or cons for them? thanks
Don't waste the money on the tb.. Would personally go Steeda or C&L on the CAI.. But some will tell you it's also a waste of $$.. Wish I could afford the laguna seca gauge pack.. Would be sweet.. And honestly I would go diff tires than the pirellis... They don't last or hook in my opinion.. And ur gonna need a lot more to hit 500... Without the nx anyway.. I have Steeda CAI, SCT bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r x-pipe, hushpower axlebacks, frpp k springs and Steeda rear LCAs..
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
tea84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 70
So how do u like the ride after the springs and lca mods? Help with the wheel hop? And is it too rough a ride now for daily driver?
tea84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
You will need full exhaust, boss intake and came to hit 500whp with no juice. At the crank can be done without cams.

Better add a clutch ifgoing to spray it. And as above don't waste moneyon TB.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
back n a stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 903
Re: My build... Opinions and advice?

I would not do the hurst.For these cars go MGW.With just some bolt on mods,like 11STANGGT said, forget the TB for now.As for 285,s. I ran a 285/35/19 on the stock Brembo wheel with no issue.Calls for 9.5,but it will squezze on.If you plan to really be launching that car at a track occasionally I would pass on the J&M's.Go maybe with BMR,UPR that has solid ends or Shephrical's.Not to sure how well the airaid will bolt up to the boss mani. if you ever consider putting the boss on.I know JLT does work.Highly recommend a JLT catch can like now for the good of your motor.For sure the 3.73 is sweet.
__________________
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by tea84
So how do u like the ride after the springs and lca mods? Help with the wheel hop? And is it too rough a ride now for daily driver?
It's definitely stiffer but still better than my 04 gt was factory.. Mostly just from the LCAs.. I haven't had good weather for the track since all my mods but I have done a couple burn outs and no wheel hop.. I would also go MGW on the shifter.. Actually I plan to when I have the $$.. And clutch upgrade also.. And boss IM..
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Like others said, ditch the tb, mgw instead of hurst, and at least get an offroad x pipe.

Also, there are better choices out there than pirellis.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Get the struts and mounts to match the k springs as well, or go with a full kit like the eibschs.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
tea84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 70
The MGW shifters are nice. Def look like that's the way to go. As far as the boss IM, I spoke with AM and they said the only range u will see actual power increases is up around 6-7000 RPM so for daily drivers it's not worth it because ya loose the low end tq and hp. Thanks for keeping this goin guys. Love the feedback no joke
tea84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
tea84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 70
Anybody know if the ford racing handling pack is that much better than the brembo suspension setup that comes on the stock set up?
tea84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Newline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 156
Nice car. I also work for a ford dealership. Downs ford in new jersey. Definatly steer away from the Pirelli tires. The road force they have is terrible especially when your going to be driving it the way your building it . Btw Mgw for sure. Hurst stuff vibrates and hums a lot. Who are you gettin the driveshaft through
Newline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Re: My build... Opinions and advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea84 View Post
Anybody know if the ford racing handling pack is that much better than the brembo suspension setup that comes on the stock set up?
A few folks have it installed and say it is great. Mine will be installed next month.
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
tea84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newline
Nice car. I also work for a ford dealership. Downs ford in new jersey. Definatly steer away from the Pirelli tires. The road force they have is terrible especially when your going to be driving it the way your building it . Btw Mgw for sure. Hurst stuff vibrates and hums a lot. Who are you gettin the driveshaft through
I was going to go through AM. haven't done any real research on them yet. I'm looking to build a high power touring car pretty much so I'm not
Even sure a one piece would be the way to go.
tea84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Newline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 156
One piece is defiantly worth it. Go with Axle Exchange they are really good and you'll need a third link the is adjustable. And if you're going for pro touring, go with a nice bfg g sport tire. I sell these to lots of gt500 and terminator customers
Newline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #14
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by tea84
The MGW shifters are nice. Def look like that's the way to go. As far as the boss IM, I spoke with AM and they said the only range u will see actual power increases is up around 6-7000 RPM so for daily drivers it's not worth it because ya loose the low end tq and hp. Thanks for keeping this goin guys. Love the feedback no joke
The lost is nothing you will notice. And the gains start around 5500 and carry way past 7000. Even on the street the gains are worth it. But unless you are going to shift above 7500 and have 3.73 gears to keep in power band its not worth it.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Newline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 156
Are you planning on keepin this naturally aspirated ?
Newline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
tea84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 70
Yea I'm keeping it NA. I may put juice on it once everything else is done but that's way down the line. Im gona stick with the stock IM. I almost never go over 7000. Any ideas or word on cams?
tea84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:56 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.