Tuning question??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Tuning question???

Have always flashed back to stock tune before uploading any modified tune on the car. At the moment I have a steeda R tune for CAI, boss mani, LT's, and o/r x pipe loaded in car presently. The question is can I just load another tune over that one or should I flash back to stock then tune with my revised tune??
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: Tuning question???

Probably can,but I would go back to stock to just be on the for sure side
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Have always flashed back to stock tune before uploading any modified tune on the car. At the moment I have a steeda R tune for CAI, boss mani, LT's, and o/r x pipe loaded in car presently. The question is can I just load another tune over that one or should I flash back to stock then tune with my revised tune??
Always flash back ... I had my SCT brick once when loading the new tune to it and I would have been ****ed if I didn't go back to stock first. SCT had to remote into my laptop to fix the tuner, and from what I've read, if the car had been tuned and the SCT married to it, I would have had to take it to Ford and have them reprogram the ECM which is pretty expensive.
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Always flash back ... I had my SCT brick once when loading the new tune to it and I would have been ****ed if I didn't go back to stock first. SCT had to remote into my laptop to fix the tuner, and from what I've read, if the car had been tuned and the SCT married to it, I would have had to take it to Ford and have them reprogram the ECM which is pretty expensive.
Was ur firmware out dated when that happened cause I had that happen to tuner gave a error and said my stock tune was not present on tuner had to have sct remote log on and reload a stock tune to my tuner and update firmware then went back and flashed to stock and then loaded custom tune. But this time I made sure everything was updated so was not sure if I would have to flash back to stock and then load custom tune or if I could just load custom tune over the present tune in the car since everything is updated with the tuner.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Yes always write the modified tune over the stock tune.
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan

Glad to see this question as I have a similar one. Considering I do not know if my GT has a tune or not. The 1rst owner (I am the 3rd) did all the work on it and the second was a kid not knowing anything about the car. Next week I will be ordering my SCT tuner and I was wondering, if the car does in fact have a previous tune, is there going to be a way to delete it (revert back to stock) or will the one I load override it. Should I do a stock tune just to be sure?
Eibach pro kit,Tokico shocks/struts,BBK CAI,75mm TB/ Plenum,4.10 FRPP gears,BBK o/r X pipe,Magnaflow Catback,SCT Tuner running 91 Tune,Bama Tunes for Life Member,RAM HD Clutch,BM shifter with MGW "GT" knob,AM smoked Headlights/Sylvania zXe bulbs,VHT smoked tails/3rd brake,Redtop Optima,Mach 1 grille delete,Mach 1 chin spoiler,BULLITT Pedals,20% tint all round,4.6 High Performance Badges
MiGT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:18 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

Was ur firmware out dated when that happened cause I had that happen to tuner gave a error and said my stock tune was not present on tuner had to have sct remote log on and reload a stock tune to my tuner and update firmware then went back and flashed to stock and then loaded custom tune. But this time I made sure everything was updated so was not sure if I would have to flash back to stock and then load custom tune or if I could just load custom tune over the present tune in the car since everything is updated with the tuner.
Yes, it bricked when the software tried to update the firmware, which Bama states is mandatory since they always write their tunes to be compatible with the latest version of the sct firmware.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiGT01
Glad to see this question as I have a similar one. Considering I do not know if my GT has a tune or not. The 1rst owner (I am the 3rd) did all the work on it and the second was a kid not knowing anything about the car. Next week I will be ordering my SCT tuner and I was wondering, if the car does in fact have a previous tune, is there going to be a way to delete it (revert back to stock) or will the one I load override it. Should I do a stock tune just to be sure?
The tuner may b able to tell u what the last tune was. U can take ur car to a dealer to have it reset.
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
You can rewrite over the tune in it already. But you take chance of it storing that file as the stock tune.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT