tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
tune

Any opinions in the jon kind ghost cam tune?

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Jon lund
Supertzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertzi View Post
Any opinions in the jon kind ghost cam tune?

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Jon lund
Sounds awesome, but I've heard there can be driveability issues (especially on auto) and at least one person has reported losing their engine while running that tune.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
Road Trip!

The tune sounds great. Some guys have had issues with it idling. My car loved it at first. My manual that is. Once returned to stock it hated it. Wouldn't run worth crap. Another buddy had same issue. One Guy here his car lo es it. No issues at all with it.

The one that lost an engine had 3 other tunes before the lund tune. So what tune was the real cause?
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Ya I've got a manual and im thinking of getting it but hadn't heard to much about it
Old 01-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
The tune sounds great. Some guys have had issues with it idling. My car loved it at first. My manual that is. Once returned to stock it hated it. Wouldn't run worth crap. Another buddy had same issue. One Guy here his car lo es it. No issues at all with it.

The one that lost an engine had 3 other tunes before the lund tune. So what tune was the real cause?
I wasn't talking about that guy, this was a more recent case. I think that guy ran everyones tune and blamed all of them LOL. At any rate, if one car out of all of them blows an engine it's a pretty acceptable risk. People have been all over Bama's **** about two cars out of tens of thousands that lost and engine ... same story really.

I'd be more concerned about the driveability issues and cost to update it if you have more mods planned. My opinion is to run a Bama tune while you screw around with different mods and get a dyno tune once you have your mods dialed in, but my opinion is all that is.

The idling could also be due to not letting the ECU relearn it's idle. There's a procedure in the owner's manual for doing this and it needs done every time you flash or disconnect the battery.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

I wasn't talking about that guy, this was a more recent case. I think that guy ran everyones tune and blamed all of them LOL. At any rate, if one car out of all of them blows an engine it's a pretty acceptable risk. People have been all over Bama's **** about two cars out of tens of thousands that lost and engine ... same story really.

I'd be more concerned about the driveability issues and cost to update it if you have more mods planned. My opinion is to run a Bama tune while you screw around with different mods and get a dyno tune once you have your mods dialed in, but my opinion is all that is.

The idling could also be due to not letting the ECU relearn it's idle. There's a procedure in the owner's manual for doing this and it needs done every time you flash or disconnect the battery.
+1.. Bama tune until all mods are on vehicle.. Bama offers #8 cylinder warranty and free tunes.. then when your done w the upgrades have a dyno tune done.. Those are my plans.. Have the bama tune now..
Old 01-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

didnt they cancel that tune (ghost cam) (ford told them to stop selling it)
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
didnt they cancel that tune (ghost cam) (ford told them to stop selling it)
No, they still sell it. I saw one of the vendors confirm that was nothing more than a rumor a while back (cant remember what forum it was discussed on tbh).
Old 01-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I remember when i tuned my 5.0 back in september and i actually had a represenitive from bama guide me threw the tuning process. He says anytime you tune always leave the vehicle idling after start up for 2 minutes and then the ac on for 2 minutes and then ac off for two minutes while it idles so the computer adjusts
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G View Post
I remember when i tuned my 5.0 back in september and i actually had a represenitive from bama guide me threw the tuning process. He says anytime you tune always leave the vehicle idling after start up for 2 minutes and then the ac on for 2 minutes and then ac off for two minutes while it idles so the computer adjusts
Sounds right, but I think the owners manual says 10 min for each step.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Sounds right, but I think the owners manual says 10 min for each step.
Of for sure dude...i guess the longer the better
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Mine wasn't a relearn issue...

There is more then two cases for Bama that have popped up.

Not only do I not buy into the Bama tune but they don't do fi tunes. Either way I wouldn't run one.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Wut u mean returned it to stock? Stock tune or took off parts?
Old 01-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Yeah I hear all about this tune.I see nothing wrong with it.They still sell it but it is for manual cars only.As for Bama...there tune is fine.There is a guy on another board who recently blow his motor with a Lund tune so I don't buy into putting all the BS on Bama.JMO
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Yeah I hear all about this tune.I see nothing wrong with it.They still sell it but it is for manual cars only.As for Bama...there tune is fine.There is a guy on another board who recently blow his motor with a Lund tune so I don't buy into putting all the BS on Bama.JMO
link?

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Wut u mean returned it to stock? Stock tune or took off parts?
load stock tune then updated custome tune.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
link?

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

load stock tune then updated custome tune.
Here you go man....NASTYSTANG06 post # 9 on the build thread over on 197 about half way down.Read it! And please do not come to his (LUND) defense.All these volume tuners have seen a motor go on their tune! A couple out of 1000's does not place all the blame on any of these tuners.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 01-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:
Here you go man....NASTYSTANG06 post # 9 on the build thread over on 197 about half way down.Read it! And please do not come to his (LUND) defense.All these volume tuners have seen a motor go on their tune! A couple out of 1000's does not place all the blame on any of these tuners.
rading it and post 9 he is still talking about his ARP studs.

Post 15 he mentions he got the email from Evolution. Lund doesn't do all there tunes. But he says it was a lund cammed tune.

He says EVO will not return his emails or nothing. He hasn't talked to Lund yet.

Some one else told me and my tuner Evolution will tell you anything to sell you something. And that person was Lund him self.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
rading it and post 9 he is still talking about his ARP studs.

Post 15 he mentions he got the email from Evolution. Lund doesn't do all there tunes. But he says it was a lund cammed tune.

He says EVO will not return his emails or nothing. He hasn't talked to Lund yet.

Some one else told me and my tuner Evolution will tell you anything to sell you something. And that person was Lund him self.
Brad... it clearly states he run the LUND tune !! You will not convince me that he can sell a canned tune of magic (needs no tweaking) that no other tuner can do duplicate.He is not Jesus in a bottle or in this case a tune device.He is above average for sure and I would not have trouble running a tune of his as my orginal post said,but I would want him to look at datalog of it before I really put all my faith and I bet he has had to tweak tunes which is normal but no way to sit and do that for every single customer who runs his tune I doubt.Just sayin... but for remote tune this is what you get into. If you had the ability to sell a tune (payday) and make thousands and thousands you would too. Especially for some basic bolt on N/A motors. Do not try telling me this guy is the only man on earth who has tuned these coyote motors and no issues on his watch. In my opinion alot of these motors are failing in the first 10,000 miles and alot are twisting them all the while low on oil.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #19
Road Trip!

Quote:
Brad... it clearly states he run the LUND tune !! You will not convince me that he can sell a canned tune of magic (needs no tweaking) that no other tuner can do duplicate.He is not Jesus in a bottle or in this case a tune device.He is above average for sure and I would not have trouble running a tune of his as my orginal post said,but I would want him to look at datalog of it before I really put all my faith and I bet he has had to tweak tunes which is normal but no way to sit and do that for every single customer who runs his tune I doubt.Just sayin... but for remote tune this is what you get into. If you had the ability to sell a tune (payday) and make thousands and thousands you would too. Especially for some basic bolt on N/A motors. Do not try telling me this guy is the only man on earth who has tuned these coyote motors and no issues on his watch. In my opinion alot of these motors are failing in the first 10,000 miles and alot are twisting them all the while low on oil.
I understand what you are saying. And I agree. Every tune can be tweaked to be better. EVERY CANNED TUNE! But as far as canned tunes his have shown to run faster at the track. As far as remote tuning it is best to rent the dyno and do it all right then.

Also there is a reason he has tuned the fastest 5.0's in the world. Cause he is the best. EVery fastest 5.0 he has a hand in tuning it. Evo's 8 sec car tuned it. JPC 9 sec N/A car he did in fact help tune it. He helped some tweaks on Sean Kelley's 9 sec car. Chris Cruz 9 sec 5.0. He was the first one to have a cammed tune. Which others try to steal and copy. And then was called out on several forums for it.

What fast 5.0 has BBR/BAMA or any one else tuned? Oh BAMA does have the V6 that runs 11's. Who cares about it really. It should with all the money they have dumped in it. BBR had the 900whp+ 5.0 that has yet to run crap at a track. Which showed they made a bunch of power with a blower and nitrous to look good but the car don't run worth a **** on a track. What good is 900+whp if it can't run? Same goes for the one in houston that made 800+ whp on stock block., Then wow you never heard anything else about it. Cause it was a dyno error and BS which they was called out on.

He also has access to stuff in the computer no one else does.

On a canned tune you always take a risk. Every car is a little different.

Lund is the Patrick G of the G8/LSX world for the 5.0.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina

I have an Evolution Performance Lund Ghost Cam Tune (93 Octane, Aggressive) and have had no issues. My ride is a 2011 GT/CS. I have had the tune on mine since the second week of owning the car. I have no driveability issues at all. The only annoyance is if you are creeping through a parking lot you have to keep the RPMs above 1100 or it starts lurching. Other than that I love it. I have had it to the a few track days and have no issues. My mods are simply Steeda CAI, Flowmaster axle-backs, and the Ghost Cam Tune.
lonewolf26330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf26330
I have an Evolution Performance Lund Ghost Cam Tune (93 Octane, Aggressive) and have had no issues. My ride is a 2011 GT/CS. I have had the tune on mine since the second week of owning the car. I have no driveability issues at all. The only annoyance is if you are creeping through a parking lot you have to keep the RPMs above 1100 or it starts lurching. Other than that I love it. I have had it to the a few track days and have no issues. My mods are simply Steeda CAI, Flowmaster axle-backs, and the Ghost Cam Tune.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Lone wolf do u have ur crash deleted?
Old 01-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Lone wolf do u have ur crash deleted?
Not sure what your asking? Are you meaning my Cats? If so....No I still have my Cats. I may be installing an O/R X-pipe this spring though..which will delete them.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Ya that's Wut I was talking about
Old 01-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

If I get the lund tune and delete my cats will the tune take the check engine light off?
Old 01-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertzi
If I get the lund tune and delete my cats will the tune take the check engine light off?
Yes it should be written in the tune as long as you let them know it has no cats..
Old 01-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not sure what your asking? Are you meaning my Cats? If so....No I still have my Cats. I may be installing an O/R X-pipe this spring though..which will delete them.
What did you hit at the track lone wolf?
Old 01-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

My best run so far has been a 12.11@112. That was with the mods listed and street tires, no DRs yet. I am guessing I should be a good bit faster once I get a set of rims and DRs.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have the Lund 93 octane aggressive cam'd tune also. My performance mods are a JLT CAI, Magnaflow comp series cat back exhaust (which I LOVE), and the tune. I've been running it for a long time now and absolutely love the sound. The tune made a huge difference at the track! I haven't gotten a great time yet (12.7) but that's cause I am having issues getting off the line and my 60ft times stink, but I'm up to 114mph! :-/
I agree that you have to get used to running the car at lower rpm's but that's because the tune is set to run the lopey idle under 1200rpm I believe, so if you are close to there it wants to switch over to that. You relearn your driving habits pretty quick so no big deal! I still have my cats also, and I believe now on some sites they are stating that it's only for cars that are manual and have no cats....not sure what that's about. Although when I first loaded the tune and still a little now my exhaust smells a bit like burnt fireworks (sulfer?). So...maybe I was burning up the cats a tad? I emailed Lund, he responded and said it wouldn't hurt my car and I shouldn't be concerned. Still running...and I still love it!

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote:

Did you have any strange smells from the exhaust after loading the tune? Just wondering since you still have your cats too like myself.
Msoler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:
My best run so far has been a 12.11@112. That was with the mods listed and street tires, no DRs yet. I am guessing I should be a good bit faster once I get a set of rims and DRs.
Look to drop .5 with some DR's.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msoler
I have the Lund 93 octane aggressive cam'd tune also. My performance mods are a JLT CAI, Magnaflow comp series cat back exhaust (which I LOVE), and the tune. I've been running it for a long time now and absolutely love the sound. The tune made a huge difference at the track! I haven't gotten a great time yet (12.7) but that's cause I am having issues getting off the line and my 60ft times stink, but I'm up to 114mph! :-/
I agree that you have to get used to running the car at lower rpm's but that's because the tune is set to run the lopey idle under 1200rpm I believe, so if you are close to there it wants to switch over to that. You relearn your driving habits pretty quick so no big deal! I still have my cats also, and I believe now on some sites they are stating that it's only for cars that are manual and have no cats....not sure what that's about. Although when I first loaded the tune and still a little now my exhaust smells a bit like burnt fireworks (sulfer?). So...maybe I was burning up the cats a tad? I emailed Lund, he responded and said it wouldn't hurt my car and I shouldn't be concerned. Still running...and I still love it!

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Did you have any strange smells from the exhaust after loading the tune? Just wondering since you still have your cats too like myself.
I thought you had a 2010? Can't see sign on phone..
Old 01-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msoler View Post
Yes. I had the strange smells. Don't get them as much since I have driven it a good bit.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Look to drop .5 with some DR's.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

I thought you had a 2010? Can't see sign on phone..
Nope it's a 2011.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #32
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msoler

Nope it's a 2011.
Oh OK...man work on your driving..and get some tires..with your mods you should be running low 12s at least and trapping 116 or so. 114 traps are normal for stock 5.0s.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Oh OK...man work on your driving..and get some tires..with your mods you should be running low 12s at least and trapping 116 or so. 114 traps are normal for stock 5.0s.
Yeah tell me about it! I'm kind of a noobie at the track so I'll eventually get it down. 116 though? Lonewolf says he got 12.11 @ 112. Although I'm getting 12.7's at 113 or 114 so with a better start I can see 116's. I'm running street tires and I haven't dropped the tire pressure either. I have a MGW short throw shifter in a box in my garage...can't wait to get that installed!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msoler View Post
Yeah tell me about it! I'm kind of a noobie at the track so I'll eventually get it down. 116 though? Lonewolf says he got 12.11 @ 112. Although I'm getting 12.7's at 113 or 114 so with a better start I can see 116's. I'm running street tires and I haven't dropped the tire pressure either. I have a MGW short throw shifter in a box in my garage...can't wait to get that installed!
Yea. Drag Radials will make a huge improvement. I am just too cheap and really have no where to change tires constantly. I drive mine daily in all weather so really can't sacrifice my tires for DRs, which sucks! I am happy with my performance so far....especially on street tires. One of my buddies gives me hell constantly because I won't run DRs but his Vette is a trailer queen. My ride gets driven constantly!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

You guys have to Remember, That every car does not perform the same and every person can not calculate the information the same, that's why it's said that "Dyno" is the Best testing and calculation of all. Some people have "Guess-A-mated" their HP, by tabulationg the printed HP listed on Add-on items in Mags/Advertisments. And they get these High imaginary numbers, which are not True or accurate. Every car needs to be Dynoed and a Tech has to tweak different things in every car, to get better results. Basically Cammed/Store bought Tunes are a "General" Performance add-on, and are not specific to every single car. People need to learn how to see beyond the specifics and get the overall concept of the idea. I know it looks like I'm babbling on and on, but I understand that my car is a Automatic, and my car has Stock Internals, no Super Charger yet, so I'm not going to get Huge performance numbers to print, and will never get Huge numbers, there's only soo much that the Engine can handle. Let me stop now, cause it can go on and on.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT