Blue Brembos - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Blue Brembos

Ant body know where to find blue brembo calipers? Saw them on the fastlane 10th anniv car and want them. Don't care if they're covers it not. Will these fit?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120201_155035.png
Views:	1775
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	39810
bigsmitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Hey buddy nice stang....those blue brembo you saw on fast lane 5.0 I belive were either orderd or painted...I really dont think u can fit those covers on our brembo calipers...if u look at our calipers u can literally slide 3 buisness cards between the rim and calipers...and also caliper covers are not really a good idea due to the fact that they can trap a lot of heat on the calipers and brakes need lot of cooling..i hope this helps
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
You can get them on eBay for a good price, not sure about that exact color though. About to order my carbon fiber ones..!
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G
Hey buddy nice stang....those blue brembo you saw on fast lane 5.0 I belive were either orderd or painted...I really dont think u can fit those covers on our brembo calipers...if u look at our calipers u can literally slide 3 buisness cards between the rim and calipers...and also caliper covers are not really a good idea due to the fact that they can trap a lot of heat on the calipers and brakes need lot of cooling..i hope this helps
Didn't think about that. May just paint them. Thanks
Old 02-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Blue Brembos

MGP Caliper Covers will not fit on the front Brembo package. I got the rear caliper covers and will be painting the front Brembos to match.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
MGP Caliper Covers will not fit on the front Brembo package. I got the rear caliper covers and will be painting the front Brembos to match.
I really liked the MGP covers until I saw them in person. They look great in the photos on their site but very cheap in person. Duplicolor sells an entire caliper painting kit including the brush (I think you need a paint can opener lol) for $20. They also have a wider variety of colors in aerosol cans.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmitty24 View Post
Ant body know where to find blue brembo calipers? Saw them on the fastlane 10th anniv car and want them. Don't care if they're covers it not. Will these fit?

Attachment 39810
If you want some really pretty blue and factory look have them powder coated Blue.Next and quick way is to paint them.Be careful how you maintain the factory "brembo" red lettering.You can do it no problem and make them look factory if you take your time. On another note where are you located? I'm in NC too. Holla at ya later.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Is the Brembo brakes worth the extra cash for someone who is not racing on closed course and just using there stang for public roadway applications. Are the standard brakes crappy on the 5.0?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Is the Brembo brakes worth the extra cash for someone who is not racing on closed course and just using there stang for public roadway applications. Are the standard brakes crappy on the 5.0?
It could be worth it, depends what you want out of the car. There are other things changed in the Brembo package than the brake calipers. The stock brakes are much better than the 05-10 were, if you've driven a '10 Track Pack car then you have a pretty good idea, it's the same system from what I understand. I believe the suspension, esc tuning, and all that jazz are the same as from the '10 track pack. Much of this is changing in '13 as well...
Old 02-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
I think most people think its worth it for everything that you get along w the brakes..
Old 02-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT

I think most people think its worth it for everything that you get along w the brakes..
Are most consumers getting the Brembo brakes for track racing applications or regular roadway applications?
Old 02-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Are most consumers getting the Brembo brakes for track racing applications or regular roadway applications?
There's tons of guys on here w DD brembo cars.. I don't go to any road courses only the strip.. But I live in NW Arkansas really curvy steep roads in this part of the state..
Old 02-03-2012, 01:58 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Get the Brembo if you love your car and performance driving.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 02-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
Get the Brembo if you love your car and performance driving.
Copy that. Thanks
Old 02-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

With all that power trust me you wanna stop a lot quicker then stock.... Especially if u modify...i believe on the own the brembo brakes cost around 2500 to 3000 dollars... When u do it with ford its like an 1800 dollar option and u get nice rims and tires
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
If you want some really pretty blue and factory look have them powder coated Blue.Next and quick way is to paint them.Be careful how you maintain the factory "brembo" red lettering.You can do it no problem and make them look factory if you take your time. On another note where are you located? I'm in NC too. Holla at ya later.
I'm in Linden. Just outside if fayetteville. How bout u?
Old 02-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Attachment 39810
Quote:
I'm in Linden. Just outside if fayetteville. How bout u?
Pretty close.I am in Sanford.We ought to meet half way sometime to just kick it and talk mod's. later,jeff
Old 02-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

I went the other way on this because you already get vented, 12+" disc brakes front & back on a GT, a Brembo kit is a fairly easy add afterwards and you can get the exact same setup as OEM at about the same price if you shop around. The Track Pack is $2500 so you're paying for $800 for that extra stuff. And though I live in hilly CT, I don't need the world's best brakes when I have a stickshift. Plus I'm not in love with the Brembo wheels. I'd rather pay for exactly what I want, not the miniscule selection that Ford wants to offer me.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman
I went the other way on this because you already get vented, 12+" disc brakes front & back on a GT, a Brembo kit is a fairly easy add afterwards and you can get the exact same setup as OEM at about the same price if you shop around. The Track Pack is $2500 so you're paying for $800 for that extra stuff. And though I live in hilly CT, I don't need the world's best brakes when I have a stickshift. Plus I'm not in love with the Brembo wheels. I'd rather pay for exactly what I want, not the miniscule selection that Ford wants to offer me.
I'd have to look at my window sticker again but I'm pretty sure the brembo pkg is only 17-1800.. On my '11 anyway.. There's several other differences too other than wheels and front brakes.. There's some threads on here about it and stating what all it actually upgrades vs the standard brake pkg.. You could SELL brembo wheels for more and a lot faster prolly if you wanted to go that route..
Old 02-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'd have to look at my window sticker again but I'm pretty sure the brembo pkg is only 17-1800.. On my '11 anyway.. There's several other differences too other than wheels and front brakes.. There's some threads on here about it and stating what all it actually upgrades vs the standard brake pkg.. You could SELL brembo wheels for more and a lot faster prolly if you wanted to go that route..
I know you get stainless brake lines, but those come in virtually every kit. And that price is about right, OEM or aftermarket. Not sure buying Brembos OEM & selling them is wise though if youre financing the car. And who downgrades brakes?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman
I know you get stainless brake lines, but those come in virtually every kit. And that price is about right, OEM or aftermarket. Not sure buying Brembos OEM & selling them is wise though if youre financing the car. And who downgrades brakes?
I meant the wheels! More than just stainless lines too.. But if you don't want the brakes then obviously your better off w/I the pkg

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote:

I meant the wheels! More than just stainless lines too.. But if you don't want the brakes then obviously your better off w/I the pkg
W/O**
Old 02-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I meant the wheels!
Oh, ha ha; yeah that makes more sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
More than just stainless lines too.. But if you don't want the brakes then obviously your better off w/I the pkg
Oh, definitely WANT, just a matter of what I can AFFORD all at once. If you can afford them right away (and get the other stuff you want), GET THEM!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT