exhaust help!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #1

reeg2010 is unknown around these parts
Exclamation exhaust help!?

I'm going loud so I want either the slploud mouth or pype bomb. is the sound between those two really that different or what?

Old 02-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

11stangGT is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg2010
I'm going loud so I want either the slploud mouth or pype bomb. is the sound between those two really that different or what?
I don't think either of those has a muffler.. Just a straight pipe to replace the muffler and diff tips.. Should sound pretty much the same between the 2

Old 02-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Brad.krieg is unknown around these parts
Send a message via Yahoo to Brad.krieg Send a message via Skype™ to Brad.krieg
Slp 1s of you have stock cats sound great. I went through 3 different catbacks on my gt before buying those. Could have saved myself alot of time and cash.

They are not too loud tho. They sound good.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

erillerstang is unknown around these parts
I have the PYPES bomb. They are a muffler delete system. I run Shorty HHK headers with stock cats with the PYPES sounds sick as hell low smooth rumble at 2000 but get on it it sounds like Godzilla and all hell fury. Is loud reminds me of glass pack in the old days setting off car alarms. Its a aggressive sound that people will hear and feel coming. No muffler just resonator tips but worth it.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:10 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by erillerstang
I have the PYPES bomb. They are a muffler delete system. I run Shorty HHK headers with stock cats with the PYPES sounds sick as hell low smooth rumble at 2000 but get on it it sounds like Godzilla and all hell fury. Is loud reminds me of glass pack in the old days setting off car alarms. Its a aggressive sound that people will hear and feel coming. No muffler just resonator tips but worth it.
Jesus, on a new 5.0?! Damn, that thing must be a monster...
Old 02-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

bigsmitty24 is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad.krieg
Slp 1s of you have stock cats sound great. I went through 3 different catbacks on my gt before buying those. Could have saved myself alot of time and cash.

They are not too loud tho. They sound good.
+1. I've got the slp loudmouth and love them.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:34 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

The PYPES was my first mod. Sounded good. Then did headers and put a CIA+Boss intake. The sound changed alot especially when the headers broke in.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The PYPES was my first mod. Sounded good. Then did headers and put a CIA+Boss intake. The sound changed alot especially when the headers broke in.
Are you running a tune? I wonder how much hp you picked up with those shorties...
Old 02-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #9

thanks a lot!! I was just confused bc theres only like a 30 dollar difference and I'm sure that's just for the name! like everything else

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

what about just going to exhaust shop and deleting mufflers that way?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thanks a lot!! I was just confused bc theres only like a 30 dollar difference and I'm sure that's just for the name! like everything else

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

That's they way I would do it personally.. SHOULD be much cheaper.. I have seen some people quoted some RIDICULOUS prices to have it done but I was quotes $50 by my muffler shop.. If they try to charge you 250-300 tell them to shove it and go somewhere else or just order the pype bombs/slps..
Old 02-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #11

nice!! thanks a lot man
Old 02-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Napoleon85 is unknown around these parts
Re: exhaust help!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg2010 View Post
nice!! thanks a lot man
If you want loud, get an off-road x-pipe (a lot cheaper and easier to install than headers if you aren't looking to squeeze every ounce of performance out of the car). I'm running mine with Roush axlebacks and it's so loud that it made my 3-year-old niece cry! That's no joke, I started it up and revved it and she ran to her mom crying!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #13

couldn't an exhaust shop make you an x pipe a well?
Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Napoleon85 is unknown around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg2010 View Post
I would imagine so. Whether or not they would fabricate and install something "not street legal" on a titled car is another story.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I had my muffler shop make one for me a few years back on my 04 GT.. Turned out good.. He only charged me $40-$50 for that too lol.. I wouldn't expect any other shops to do one for that cheap though..
Old 02-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

As long as you have cats you can delete mufflers with out damage, its not going to sound very good tho.

I would try like someone said above going with an off riad h or x pipe and keep your mufflers. Sounds great.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad.krieg

As long as you have cats you can delete mufflers with out damage, its not going to sound very good tho.

I would try like someone said above going with an off riad h or x pipe and keep your mufflers. Sounds great.
There's tons of 5.0s w muffler deletes.. I don't like it personally buy there's TONS of people on here that do

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT

There's tons of 5.0s w muffler deletes.. I don't like it personally buy there's TONS of people on here that do
Sounds a lot diff than the 4.6s
Old 02-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Sounds a lot diff than the 4.6s
Ah well said
Old 02-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

CaptainBeyond is unknown around these parts

i also have pypes pype bombs. i think they sound good all around. they're a little quiet at low rpm but at WOT they sound really good! my next quest is to get an off road x pipe for more power and volume!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

SkoSter06 is unknown around these parts
Going to a muffler shop can be great but ask them if they have a mandrel bender because many shops don't and they use aluminized steel piping. When you don't have a mandrel bender the exhaust loses diameter around the curves, I'm not a fan of that at all. If you buy the SLP you are getting stainless exhaust, mandrel bent, and the sickest tips out of any company. I have the SLP loud mouths on my 5.0 and they are awesome, no mufflers just the way I like it. I have the SLP Long tubes on a UPS truck somewhere on their way to my house.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoSter06
Going to a muffler shop can be great but ask them if they have a mandrel bender because many shops don't and they use aluminized steel piping. When you don't have a mandrel bender the exhaust loses diameter around the curves, I'm not a fan of that at all. If you buy the SLP you are getting stainless exhaust, mandrel bent, and the sickest tips out of any company. I have the SLP loud mouths on my 5.0 and they are awesome, no mufflers just the way I like it. I have the SLP Long tubes on a UPS truck somewhere on their way to my house.
Ugh I wish I could afford some longtubes..
Old 02-11-2012, 02:04 AM   #22
Road Trip!

wnt2gofst is unknown around these parts
Quote:

Replied to your pm..

Buddy made just as much as me with Shorty set up...

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

Also not sure about the 5.0..but on my g8 the slp let's wasn't true let's..they was mids.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Benzo is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Are you going with high flow cats or off road mid pipe? IMO if no one around you will complain and u don't have emission testing, o/r x pipe with those LT's will be sick! And LOUD!!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

SkoSter06 is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

Are you going with high flow cats or off road mid pipe? IMO if no one around you will complain and u don't have emission testing, o/r x pipe with those LT's will be sick! And LOUD!!
I am going with hi-flow cats. I live in california (stationed here) but my car is registered in Florida so I don't have to get it smogged or anything. I like The idea of no cats but with zero restriction you will lose low end torque. And really doesn't make a huge sound difference, if it's a street car id go with a set of high flows.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote:

Yeah they weren't cheap man but definitely gonna be worth the money! I'll keep you guys updated on my progress, I'm going to put them in myself
Old 02-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I am going with hi-flow cats. I live in california (stationed here) but my car is registered in Florida so I don't have to get it smogged or anything. I like The idea of no cats but with zero restriction you will lose low end torque. And really doesn't make a huge sound difference, if it's a street car id go with a set of high flows.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Yeah they weren't cheap man but definitely gonna be worth the money! I'll keep you guys updated on my progress, I'm going to put them in myself
I thought id loose low end torque installing my o/r x. Boy was i wrong! Sounds way better too. Now i refuse to use anything else.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

With the Shortys I don't pic up much HP but the sound was better then the stock. The stock header that came off where actually descent headers. I do have a tune but it was for the boss and the CIA and not for the Shortys. I too want to go with long tubes and go cat less bit I will not get rid of the PYPES resonators they sound bad ass. I am sure a good shop can build some. But I guarantee you will like the PYPES
Old 02-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #27
Road Trip!

wnt2gofst is unknown around these parts
Quote:
With the Shortys I don't pic up much HP but the sound was better then the stock. The stock header that came off where actually descent headers. I do have a tune but it was for the boss and the CIA and not for the Shortys. I too want to go with long tubes and go cat less bit I will not get rid of the PYPES resonators they sound bad ass. I am sure a good shop can build some. But I guarantee you will like the PYPES
A catless x pipe with the Shorties. It will equal the long tubes power.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Good point
Old 02-18-2012, 03:36 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone know how the JBA lt's are? Comparable to the stainless works or kooks?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust