Newest upgrade - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Newest upgrade

I just ordered my water/methanol kit from summit. I got it on sale so it should give my Saleen supercharged mustang some extra power, I can't wait!!!!

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
CZYFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Congrats. I have been eye balling a stage 3 kit. I think I might just spray a 75 shot of nitrous instead. Least out the gate and till the 1/8 mile.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yea this is my first dealing with water/meth so just trying to understand all I can with it. I just wanted to get more efficiently and some more horsepower, still trying for 500 hp that I can daily drive LOL

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZYFAST
I just ordered my water/methanol kit from summit. I got it on sale so it should give my Saleen supercharged mustang some extra power, I can't wait!!!!
Does ur car have to be supercharged to
Do that upgrade? Does it affect ur mpg?
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

No you don't have to be, you could probably buy the stage 1 kit and be alright, stage 2 and 3 are for boosted cars mainly and as for mpg I don't really know how much it effects it. Water/meth gives you a higher octane for your car and burns the fuel better or at least that is how it was explained to me.

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

You don't have to be FI, but there is no point if you're NA.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

How does it work tho? When u say higher octane, are u saying u can only fill up with water/meth? Lol. I live in Cali & we only have 91 octane. I heard that if u do do it even though ur car isn't supercharged, u still gain HP? Not sure how much.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How does it work tho? When u say higher octane, are u saying u can only fill up with water/meth? Lol. I live in Cali & we only have 91 octane. I heard that if u do do it even though ur car isn't supercharged, u still gain HP? Not sure how much.
I live in cali too with 91 and you have a reservoir with boost juice as they call it which is a mixture of methanol and water and it has a pump that will spray in your air intake tube and it will give you a good amount for hp running it and you can run it being NA but the gain isn't much unless you are heads and cammed or something?

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I live in cali too with 91 and you have a reservoir with boost juice as they call it which is a mixture of methanol and water and it has a pump that will spray in your air intake tube and it will give you a good amount for hp running it and you can run it being NA but the gain isn't much unless you are heads and cammed or something?
I'm working on my headers at the moment. I have $2000 to spend but I'm not sure what headers to buy Lol. Any clues?
Old 02-13-2012, 11:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Newest upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post
I'm working on my headers at the moment. I have $2000 to spend but I'm not sure what headers to buy Lol. Any clues?
Well I know exactly what kit I want to buy and also the kit I'll probably be able to afford. I really would like to get the Pypes headers and get them ceramic coated from my shop because if you buy them ceramic coated I think they only coat the outside and not the inside, but anyway I would love to get the Pypes longtube headers, catless mid-pipe, H-pipe and into the pypes black pypebomb axle back mufflers, if I had the money to do it right I would do that and for all that it comes out to be like 1,200 or so to get it installed and ready to go!

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

1,200 for the headers, midpipe & installation? HP gains? I want headers that will give me the most HP & torque. I'm also getting a Catless x pipe. Where in Cali are u from?
Old 02-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Well I'm the same way when it comes to buying parts I want the best. I really think the pypes headers are the best, they are basically Kooks headers but half the price and it's the same exact design. HP gains honestly with the headers and the X or H pipe and axle backs you can probably expect around 25 or 30 hp at best but it will sound like a beast! I live in the Oxnard and Ventura area

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #13
Road Trip!

Want best buy American Racing Headers/Kooks/Stainless Steel Works
Old 02-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Want best buy American Racing Headers/Kooks/Stainless Steel Works
Do kooks & stainless works headers give u same gains? What's do u know about pypes headers?

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Well I'm the same way when it comes to buying parts I want the best. I really think the pypes headers are the best, they are basically Kooks headers but half the price and it's the same exact design. HP gains honestly with the headers and the X or H pipe and axle backs you can probably expect around 25 or 30 hp at best but it will sound like a beast! I live in the Oxnard and Ventura area
I live in Long beach CA. Not sure how far u r from me lol.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Well I think most headers are about the same for power gains its just the sound and ease of install is the difference in my opinion? I live about an hour or two away from you LOL

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I think most headers are about the same for power gains its just the sound and ease of install is the difference in my opinion? I live about an hour or two away from you LOL
Ya I want the best sound. I just don't want to get headers that won't give me good power Lol. I also want to find a shop that can Install them for me at a reasonable price. As far as dump tuning, I may get a tune from Bama & dyno tune my car on the dyno some other time
Old 02-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya I want the best sound. I just don't want to get headers that won't give me good power Lol. I also want to find a shop that can Install them for me at a reasonable price. As far as dump tuning, I may get a tune from Bama & dyno tune my car on the dyno some other time
Yea I have all kinds of shops for certain things here and they give me a good price on it all, I personally run a brenspeed tune and I love it but they don't tune for wster/meth so I'm gonna have to get it tuned by my shop out here and they know what they are doing as well you should make the drive and check them out?

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I have all kinds of shops for certain things here and they give me a good price on it all, I personally run a brenspeed tune and I love it but they don't tune for wster/meth so I'm gonna have to get it tuned by my shop out here and they know what they are doing as well you should make the drive and check them out?
What pricing do they give on headers? Any idea? Sounds like a good plan to go out there & check them out. If they give me a good price & install them I would do it. It also depends on how long it will take them. If it takes them a day it would be hard to leave it there come back home & then go back up there to pick it up Lol
Old 02-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What pricing do they give on headers? Any idea? Sounds like a good plan to go out there & check them out. If they give me a good price & install them I would do it. It also depends on how long it will take them. If it takes them a day it would be hard to leave it there come back home & then go back up there to pick it up Lol
Well it would be cheaper to buy the headers and axle backs or whatever and just have them install it but you would want to get them ceramic coated, don't buy them already ceramic coated have a shop do them, just get stainless steel and have a shop do that, but you could always give them a call and talk with them directly and get an idea because I can't speak for them but they do great work at good prices!

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well it would be cheaper to buy the headers and axle backs or whatever and just have them install it but you would want to get them ceramic coated, don't buy them already ceramic coated have a shop do them, just get stainless steel and have a shop do that, but you could always give them a call and talk with them directly and get an idea because I can't speak for them but they do great work at good prices!
Never really though of ceramic coating my headers. What's the plus in it?
Old 02-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Never really though of ceramic coating my headers. What's the plus in it?
Well it keeps them from corrosion, keeps under hood temps lower and gives you maybe a little more hp just look it up it is worth the extra money by far!

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well it keeps them from corrosion, keeps under hood temps lower and gives you maybe a little more hp just look it up it is worth the extra money by far!
Just looked it up. I was only to find info on the headers not rusting if u get them ceramic coated. I also saw that stainless steel headers don't have to be ceramic coated
Old 02-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just looked it up. I was only to find info on the headers not rusting if u get them ceramic coated. I also saw that stainless steel headers don't have to be ceramic coated
Well you don't have to ceramic coat them but it does keep the temps down and it will give you a little more hp but its up to you if you want to do that or not, but when I get mine I'm going to do it stainless or not

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #24
Road Trip!

Want biggest gains get 1 7/8" headers. Will show gains over smaller ones. Plus will be best if you decide to go FI later.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Want biggest gains get 1 7/8" headers. Will show gains over smaller ones. Plus will be best if you decide to go FI later.
Don't want to sound like a noob Lol but what is FI? Lol
Old 02-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

Don't want to sound like a noob Lol but what is FI? Lol
Forced induction, pretty much a supercharger or turbo setup.

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline247

Forced induction, pretty much a supercharger or turbo setup.
Do u know any headers that are 1 7/8. I'm looking at stainless works headers & they are 1 3/4 & 1 5/8. Which r better? I would think 1 3/4 since its a bigger size Lol. I also was looking and they have 1 5/8 off road leads?? To my understanding I think it's a complete exhaust but I'm not sure
Old 02-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Quote:

Do u know any headers that are 1 7/8. I'm looking at stainless works headers & they are 1 3/4 & 1 5/8. Which r better? I would think 1 3/4 since its a bigger size Lol. I also was looking and they have 1 5/8 off road leads?? To my understanding I think it's a complete exhaust but I'm not sure
Kooks and American racing makes them.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Kooks and American racing makes them.
Would 1 7/8 headers & x pipe go with my roush catback exhaust. I ask because I notice that the leads have a bigger tubing of 3"
Old 02-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Quote:

Would 1 7/8 headers & x pipe go with my roush catback exhaust. I ask because I notice that the leads have a bigger tubing of 3"
Yes it would. Also stainless stem works makes 1 7/8.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/exh...rs-n-c-p-34673
Old 02-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:

Stainless works makes 1 7/8" header that's what I have. I have the off road x pipe and header combo and it mates up with the stock kick backs that are mated up with my roush AB's. The combo kit is available in 1 7/8" primaries at stage3motorsports.com for 1150$ check it out bud!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes it would. Also stainless stem works makes 1 7/8.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/exh...rs-n-c-p-34673
Those r for the 5.0, I have a 4.6.i will try to find them though. I just got off the phone from a shop that will instal the headers for $500. He told me that the 1 3/4 headers are not the best because I will lose a couple torque. He said my best bet are the 1 5/8 headers??!?
Old 02-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #33
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post
Those r for the 5.0, I have a 4.6.i will try to find them though. I just got off the phone from a shop that will instal the headers for $500. He told me that the 1 3/4 headers are not the best because I will lose a couple torque. He said my best bet are the 1 5/8 headers??!?
I swear I asked you before if you had a 2010 Gt or a 2011 and you said you had a 5.0.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I swear I asked you before if you had a 2010 Gt or a 2011 and you said you had a 5.0.
Lol no never. I would say that. My pics shoe I have a 2010 Lol
Old 02-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Quote:

Lol no never. I would say that. My pics shoe I have a 2010 Lol
Anyway...why not save the coin and get a 13 when come out..be huge upgrade already..or just pick up a used 11/12. I know guys on other furoms talking about trading them for a 13.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT