Boss intake power pack!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2010-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

BossFiveOh is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

He's not getting offensive, it's just what you are saying make no sense and sound ridiculous and he is curious. When you make claims like that ppl are going to ask for proof, pretty simple.
Ridiculous? Lol. Why are some 5.0's stock making 350 on the dyno n some on the same dyno make 363ish? Every car is different. Maybe the tune was perfect on mine. It could be many factors. The diameter of aftermarket exhaust is not much of difference than stock. Nonetheless, who cares. That's what our numbers were n that's that. If no1 wants to believe it than so be it. I'm really not trying to prove anything to anyone.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #37
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

deadsp0t is unknown around these parts

Old 02-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #38
Road Trip!

wnt2gofst is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossFiveOh

Ridiculous? Lol. Why are some 5.0's stock making 350 on the dyno n some on the same dyno make 363ish? Every car is different. Maybe the tune was perfect on mine. It could be many factors. The diameter of aftermarket exhaust is not much of difference than stock. Nonetheless, who cares. That's what our numbers were n that's that. If no1 wants to believe it than so be it. I'm really not trying to prove anything to anyone.
Many things come into dyno numbers. We can have same mods but any little thing can make on dyno higher. Temp of car. A raise in temp in shop be it 5 degrees. Tire pressure, gears, size of tires ie 255 vs 275. Wheel weight.

My next question is do you guys have same tune? Have either ran at track or each other.

Synod are nothing but a tool. Track times will tell you if your car is really making what dyno said. With factory widebands a lot people have actually went to street tuning the new 5.0s.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Also a full exhaust with out. ATS will net least 35whp over stock. And that will increase with a boss intake and other mods. That is a fact.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

And the diameter of an aftermarket exhaust is a good size different. 1 3/8 rough vs 1 5/8 - 1 7/8.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Benzo is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Many things come into dyno numbers. We can have same mods but any little thing can make on dyno higher. Temp of car. A raise in temp in shop be it 5 degrees. Tire pressure, gears, size of tires ie 255 vs 275. Wheel weight.

My next question is do you guys have same tune? Have either ran at track or each other.

Synod are nothing but a tool. Track times will tell you if your car is really making what dyno said. With factory widebands a lot people have actually went to street tuning the new 5.0s.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Also a full exhaust with out. ATS will net least 35whp over stock. And that will increase with a boss intake and other mods. That is a fact.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

And the diameter of an aftermarket exhaust is a good size different. 1 3/8 rough vs 1 5/8 - 1 7/8.
Was not getting offensive at all just curious like dead spot said. Wnt2gofst is right many things come into effect that's why the questions. Post ur dyno for us buddy
Old 02-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

Was not getting offensive at all just curious like dead spot said. Wnt2gofst is right many things come into effect that's why the questions. Post ur dyno for us buddy
Just spoke to my buddy. Because I have big enough balls to notice my faults, I will. When our cars were dyno'd he only had his 3" bassani catback, not yet the headers (it's been a while since ive seen him, plus he totaled it three months ago). That's when I made more power than him. Same exact mods, but he had the catback. I made 6rwhp more than he did. Dyno was done at B&D racing in Cali. Dyno was done exactly the same day and cara were both sitting for a few hours so temp and everything else was the same. I also made a few more pounds of torque.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Are You both auto's or manuals?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #42
Road Trip!

Quote:

Just spoke to my buddy. Because I have big enough balls to notice my faults, I will. When our cars were dyno'd he only had his 3" bassani catback, not yet the headers (it's been a while since ive seen him, plus he totaled it three months ago). That's when I made more power than him. Same exact mods, but he had the catback. I made 6rwhp more than he did. Dyno was done at B&D racing in Cali. Dyno was done exactly the same day and cara were both sitting for a few hours so temp and everything else was the same. I also made a few more pounds of torque.
So both manuals and have same gears/rims/tires?

Also its been said cat back isn't worth any HP really. Nothing but sound.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So both manuals and have same gears/rims/tires?

Also its been said cat back isn't worth any HP really. Nothing but sound.
Yes both IDENTICAL CARS. JUST DIFFERENT COLORS. Brembos, 3.73's
Old 02-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

deadsp0t is unknown around these parts
Quote:

Relax, no need to yell.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Relax, no need to yell.
Lol!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #46
Road Trip!

Quote:

Just checking...BUT!

Why so mad
Old 02-22-2012, 10:16 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Jack Israelyan is unknown around these parts
Hey lets get off each others backs and talk about how gay camaros are lol
Old 02-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

11stangGT is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Israelyan
Omg I know right?! Lol
Old 02-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just checking...BUT!

Why so mad
So you feeling the aggression too! Wow thing he needs some group counseling! Lol WU-SAA!!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:13 AM   #50
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Israelyan
I seen a 5th Gen yesterday I liked...sounded great all cammed out. Still love sound of a big cam push rod. They never want to race. Maybe it has something to do with this huge whistle jet like sound I have...
Old 02-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

LbarJ is unknown around these parts
Re: Boss intake power pack!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
I seen a 5th Gen yesterday I liked...sounded great all cammed out. Still love sound of a big cam push rod. They never want to race. Maybe it has something to do with this huge whistle jet like sound I have...
Yeah those 5th gen Camaros sound great with an exaust , Ive seen very few around me that have an aftermarket exhaust , most are stock and I cant hear em ,too quiet most times I cant tell even if its a 6 or an 8 .

Dynos just a tool 6hp here there does not mean much - take it to the track look at the avg trap speed ! I made 435 rwhp 377 rwtq cai , LT headers , Boss Mani + dyno tune - trapping between 116 and 118 mph . Now I just need the Driver Mod and break in my new clutch ( mcLeod RXT)

MIR opens next weekend - Yay !!!
Old 02-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Yellow50 is unknown around these parts
Ive gotten thumbs up from camaro guys lol and i didnt return the thumbs up i was just like thanks. There is this really sweet challenger srt8 down my block ill try and snap some photos its black with red stripes hoodpins ugghhh so nice

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2010-2014 Mustang GT