CAI and tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #1

Stangbo is unknown around these parts
CAI and tune

I own a 2011 GT with a steeda cai and tune, with all I've seen about the #8 cyl, I would like to know if there is anyway to tell about damage before a failure. Can I pull #8 plug and tell any advice would be helpfull.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
Road Trip!

wnt2gofst is unknown around these parts
Another freaking #8 cylinder question.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Notorious_rob is unknown around these parts
The purpose of forums is to ask questions...no matter how many times they are asked..or where..now, whos got the last box of twinkies dang it!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

11stangGT is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious_rob
The purpose of forums is to ask questions...no matter how many times they are asked..or where..now, whos got the last box of twinkies dang it!
+1.. I thought that was kinda the point.. Not having to search on the internet for hours to find exactly what you need to know.. To us that know a lot about our cars and have been on here for a while have already seen this info many times so yes it does get redundant.. BUT that's the point of a forum.. If you don't like the subject matter of the thread then you don't HAVE to say anything!!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

still havent found those dang twinkies yet
Old 02-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

gtstyles2 is unknown around these parts
Yea I'm literally gonna pull the trigger next week and finally tune w/ cai when I get paid... so yea, I wanna make sure I'm doing the right thing LOL so yea all feedback is definitely encouraged
Old 02-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Most of the cai are really good and get a pro tune like sct or bama- but it in a power pack- if u want to test 8 cylinder after tune and cai do a compression test-not too complicated- most folks have tune and cai- its the onsie twosie that have the issues- so far i am good and i have jlt and a tune from xxx performance (dyno tune)
Old 02-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #8

Stangbo is unknown around these parts
Does anyone know of a fix. Tuners say its a production problem ford says its a tuner problem. Can it be fixed or do I just have to wait and see if my car breaks. How about some info from a ford tech. I know your out there.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Everywhere i have read says get a oil seperator and u wont have any issues lol- but i read that on here so i cant really say i know per fact
Old 02-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Yellow50 is unknown around these parts
I want to cai and tune but i dont think its worth voiding the warranty especially since the 5.0 is a new engine. Until all the bugs are worked out i wouldnt do it. When my car hits 36,001k then ill do it lol
Old 02-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #11
Road Trip!

This has been beat to death though. A quick search here will provide least 10 threads covering this topic.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious_rob
Everywhere i have read says get a oil seperator and u wont have any issues lol- but i read that on here so i cant really say i know per fact
That is not the fix. Problem is the rings and that cylinder running to hot combined with detonation Want a real fix up grade internals.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

tthompson79 is unknown around these parts
[QUOTE="wnt2gofst"]This has been beat to death though. A quick search here will provide least 10 threads covering this topic.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ------

I dont mean to be rude, but your attitude sucks man. Why not just either contribute something or refrain entirely? What exactly do you think the forum is here for? Instead of whining about how often it has been spoken of, maybe add a link on the topic? Man people like you piss me off.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

+47
Old 02-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #14
Road Trip!

How about stop being lazy and read one of the other 500 threads talking about this. Forums are for this but they also are crowded with useless threads that cover the same ****. Then when some one that know how to search and do research has to read over a bunch of useless threads when 95% of them didn't need to be started because it was cover already. This is why there is a search. SO YOU DONT HAVE A 500 THREADS WITH 10 POST EACH COVER THE SAME THING. Now I see why a lot of you are not on S197. You wouldn't make it.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Second if your going to give advice least know what your talking about. Cs a freaking oil separater don't ghave crap to do with #8 issues.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #15
Regular

Brent is unknown around these parts
Re: CAI and tune

People are going to bring up topics that have been discussed before. Just ignore them if you can't be constructive. As far as the other comments, refrain from personal attacks.

Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
cai