Stage 1 of our 2012 Mustang GT Build: Project Blackout! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Stage 1 of our 2012 Mustang GT Build: Project Blackout!

I guess I should introduce you to our new manual 2012 Mustang GT. We’ve named it Project Blackout, and if you’ve been following our build on our Facebook page, you probably know that we’re building it up in 4 Stages, from simple bolt-ons, to the ultimate street Mustang with more horsepower than you’d ever need!

When you’re starting with a 400 horsepower (368 to the tires) 5.0L Mustang, some people forget that this thing is no joke – even in stock form! We headed to the track, and on stock tires, stock tire pressure and terrible track prep, we were able to throw down a 13.29 ET. That’s no challenge for us, and we know that similar real-world tests, right off the showroom floor have averaged about 13.0, so that’s what we decided to use as our baseline. Now it was time to mod!

JLT Performance Carbon Fiber CAI and Bama Performance Custom Tuner
JLT Performance Oil Separator
Classic Design Concepts (CDC) Matte Black Chin Spoiler
Black Retro Billet Grilles

We picked up over 55 horsepower and 40 torque to the ground on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC with only these mods. The dyno results were impressive, but it was the half second gained at the track while still keeping our stock tires and stock tire pressure that really solidified the importance of a Cold Air Intake & Tune as your first mod!

Project Blackout is looking pretty good, but stay tuned for Stage 2 of our build! What do you think should be our next mods? Comment below and tell us what you think!
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Suspension, tires and wheels for sure. Make that thing corner like on rails!
Comfort Group
Rear Sensing Pkg.
19" Machined Wheels
dellito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisYoung

I guess I should introduce you to our new manual 2012 Mustang GT. We’ve named it Project Blackout, and if you’ve been following our build on our Facebook page, you probably know that we’re building it up in 4 Stages, from simple bolt-ons, to the ultimate street Mustang with more horsepower than you’d ever need!

When you’re starting with a 400 horsepower (368 to the tires) 5.0L Mustang, some people forget that this thing is no joke – even in stock form! We headed to the track, and on stock tires, stock tire pressure and terrible track prep, we were able to throw down a 13.29 ET. That’s no challenge for us, and we know that similar real-world tests, right off the showroom floor have averaged about 13.0, so that’s what we decided to use as our baseline. Now it was time to mod!

JLT Performance Carbon Fiber CAI and Bama Performance Custom Tuner
JLT Performance Oil Separator
Classic Design Concepts (CDC) Matte Black Chin Spoiler
Black Retro Billet Grilles

We picked up over 55 horsepower and 40 torque to the ground on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC with only these mods. The dyno results were impressive, but it was the half second gained at the track while still keeping our stock tires and stock tire pressure that really solidified the importance of a Cold Air Intake & Tune as your first mod!

Project Blackout is looking pretty good, but stay tuned for Stage 2 of our build! What do you think should be our next mods? Comment below and tell us what you think!
Hi, Chris. This sounds like a great project Nd I would like to see the new Vortech supercharger installed. My understanding is that they will be issuing the California Executive Order soon to mke this a true 50 state smog legal affair. They will performing the official test on a 2012 automatic GT from what I am told. What do you think?
2011 mustang gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Stage 1 of our 2012 Mustang GT Build: Project Blackout!

I watched these videos last night...Pretty sweet, I have my own blackout project going (with yellow blaze accents)...I'll keep watching to see what AM does.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Full o/r exhaust and boss intake manifold and throttle body, after that pro comp cams!! :metal:
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Stage 1 of our 2012 Mustang GT Build: Project Blackout!

Did you guys use a tune similar to what a customer would get via online order, or was this a custom tune on the dyno by Mike?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
Did you guys use a tune similar to what a customer would get via online order, or was this a custom tune on the dyno by Mike?
+1. Seems like a large gain...

I also saw these videos and I'm looking forward to seeing further progress on this project. Looks good so far!

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2012 mustang