Is it ok? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 121
Is it ok?

Ok so I'm picking up my new 2012 GT in late April. I have already bought a JLT CAI with custom tuner and a borla s-type catback. Is it ok to immediately put them on the car or should I wait 500-1k miles(to "break it in")?
__________________
Black 2012 Mustang GT 6MT mods: Borla S-type cat backs, 15% window tint, Raxiom Smoked headlights, Pioneer 8400, scosche dash kit, hertz speakers, JL Audio 500 watt amp, 2 JL audio 12" W3 subs. *more to come*
D00m3dHitm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by D00m3dHitm4n
Ok so I'm picking up my new 2012 GT in late April. I have already bought a JLT CAI with custom tuner and a borla s-type catback. Is it ok to immediately put them on the car or should I wait 500-1k miles(to "break it in")?
You will be fine. I know several people who had stuff done to there car within a day of buying it. Hell I put a blower on mine in the first 20 miles.

Ford has said these engine come broke in.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
skyline247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 475
You're going to get different answers on this topic. Some people believe the engine should be broken in for a 1000 miles, others believe it's already broken in from the factory and don't bother waiting. Just be aware that using a tune will void the warranty.

That being said, I haven't heard of anyone having problems with these engines due to the lack of a break in period.
__________________
1988 GT - Stock

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 121
Ya I have no problems with voiding the warranty
__________________
Black 2012 Mustang GT 6MT mods: Borla S-type cat backs, 15% window tint, Raxiom Smoked headlights, Pioneer 8400, scosche dash kit, hertz speakers, JL Audio 500 watt amp, 2 JL audio 12" W3 subs. *more to come*
D00m3dHitm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Delta vt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 217
I got my exhaust on pretty quick like a week or two. I'm actually about to sell back the extended warranty I got seeing as I ended up tuning it anyway. $2200 back in my pocket
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 121
Ya originally when I had ordered it through ENCS i had asked for the extended 7 year warranty. But realized it was pointless for me so I had them take it off. So my final price ended up being $25,838.
__________________
Black 2012 Mustang GT 6MT mods: Borla S-type cat backs, 15% window tint, Raxiom Smoked headlights, Pioneer 8400, scosche dash kit, hertz speakers, JL Audio 500 watt amp, 2 JL audio 12" W3 subs. *more to come*
D00m3dHitm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Delta vt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by D00m3dHitm4n
Ya originally when I had ordered it through ENCS i had asked for the extended 7 year warranty. But realized it was pointless for me so I had them take it off. So my final price ended up being $25,838.
26k for a gt?
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 121
Yup base GT with the 3.73 gears as the only extra option I got with it. I realized to late that I should have gotten the brembo package as well, but it had already shipped and could not be changed.
__________________
Black 2012 Mustang GT 6MT mods: Borla S-type cat backs, 15% window tint, Raxiom Smoked headlights, Pioneer 8400, scosche dash kit, hertz speakers, JL Audio 500 watt amp, 2 JL audio 12" W3 subs. *more to come*
D00m3dHitm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
OrganDonor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 133
Re: Is it ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta vt View Post
I got my exhaust on pretty quick like a week or two. I'm actually about to sell back the extended warranty I got seeing as I ended up tuning it anyway. $2200 back in my pocket
You can sell back the extended warranty? How do I go about doing that?
__________________
2014 Shelby GT500...

OrganDonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:59 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
NuckChorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganDonor

You can sell back the extended warranty? How do I go about doing that?
Yeah. What he said.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
jsearcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris

Yeah. What he said.
Here here
jsearcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Go to dealer they can do it for you. Its just cancelling it for you. They will pro rate it. If it hasn't been very long you will not lose much at all. Then they will send you a check.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
NuckChorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Go to dealer they can do it for you. Its just cancelling it for you. They will pro rate it. If it hasn't been very long you will not lose much at all. Then they will send you a check.
I just might do that. It would just suck if at like 40,000mi something serious screwed up though.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #14
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta vt

26k for a gt?
That is going rate if you do home work. And about 1k more for auto. I got my premium auto for just under 32k out the door. And they went hour and half way to get it. I have shaker system, leather, sync, changing inside lights all that crap.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris

I just might do that. It would just suck if at like 40,000mi something serious screwed up though.
Risk you take. Kinda like Modding it. But if you are stock or close to it. Basically no tune at 40k it still should be covered
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
NuckChorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------



Risk you take. Kinda like Modding it. But if you are stock or close to it. Basically no tune at 40k it still should be covered

I know. I'm not gonna do any insane modding. Exhaust and eventually a tune. (I was gonna wait until the warranty ran out for the tune. I want the ghost cam tune). I just got the warranty for peace of mind.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Delta vt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris

I know. I'm not gonna do any insane modding. Exhaust and eventually a tune. (I was gonna wait until the warranty ran out for the tune. I want the ghost cam tune). I just got the warranty for peace of mind.
Ya I was going to wait too, but, well I just couldn't wait. POWER! As far as selling back the extended warranty the dealer will either credit the finance principle if you have it through ford credit or send you the check. I'm also looking at a supercharger in the near future so that extended warranty would go right out the window.
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
NuckChorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta vt

Ya I was going to wait too, but, well I just couldn't wait. POWER! As far as selling back the extended warranty the dealer will either credit the finance principle if you have it through ford credit or send you the check. I'm also looking at a supercharger in the near future so that extended warranty would go right out the window.
I'd like to mod heavy. But this my daily driver. Last time I got in deep modding my daily driver it ended up biting me in the butt.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Delta vt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris

I'd like to mod heavy. But this my daily driver. Last time I got in deep modding my daily driver it ended up biting me in the butt.
I'm not planning on going too crazy with it. After I got the tune I pretty much decided my extended warranty is pretty much useless hearing about all of the other people on this forum having ford not back the warranty. So why waste the 2k. I'll just have my car paid off that much sooner.
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 121
Ok well I guess ill just go ahead with slapping on the CAI, tune and exhaust pretty much on the day I pick it up
__________________
Black 2012 Mustang GT 6MT mods: Borla S-type cat backs, 15% window tint, Raxiom Smoked headlights, Pioneer 8400, scosche dash kit, hertz speakers, JL Audio 500 watt amp, 2 JL audio 12" W3 subs. *more to come*
D00m3dHitm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What it takes for forced induction and much more... dreamstang 1979-1995 Mustang GT 2687 10-31-2012 12:50 PM
if you could have ANY stang in the world, which one would it be?? zeltik General Car Discussion 80 03-14-2012 09:46 PM
What is the average life of a stock 4.6? DA BEAST7524 1996-2004 Mustang GT 7 03-03-2012 10:06 PM
What modle is this Fordhartbreaker Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 2 03-02-2012 01:31 PM
It's Winter, I'm cold MikeWatkins17 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 4 03-02-2012 10:41 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:39 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.