Traded in for 12 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2012, 04:38 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Traded in for 12 GT

Long story short. I traded my 2010 Gt that had a JLT CAI with tune & I can't find my tuner to return it back to stock. The dealer has agreed to take the car Monday & I'n that time I return it to stock but I can't find the tuner. We signed all the paper needed & I drove the 5.0 home the same day. Any idea what I can do? Would thy take it back like that? Help!
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Unless no paperwork has been done yet They can't take a car back from you for that. Unless it was written in the contract somewhere, and even still I think they would find it extremely difficult to make you legally give it back under the circumstances. Plus, they all want to sell that car. I just done see that happening, unless like I said they decide not to make the deal AND no paperwork has been done yet.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Leave tune and cold air on it. Nothing they can do.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Leave tune and cold air on it. Nothing they can do.
Wouldn't flashing back to stock with cai still installed cause damage to the engine?
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

The dealer is not going to care. They can probably return it to stock without your tuner.

Btw, how the hell can you lose the tuner? That would be like losing a woman's clitorous! Lol, smdh...
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Unless no paperwork has been done yet They can't take a car back from you for that. Unless it was written in the contract somewhere, and even still I think they would find it extremely difficult to make you legally give it back under the circumstances. Plus, they all want to sell that car. I just done see that happening, unless like I said they decide not to make the deal AND no paperwork has been done yet.
I am so lost I'n what u just said Lol. So ur saying they won't take it back?

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

They didn't say anything about conditions so I doubt this deal would be over if they saw the CAI. Plus I have there car & have been driving it I doubt they would want it back. What I do know is that we don't have the contract but that's because I believe he wants our check deposit first & then he would give us the contract
Old 03-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO

I am so lost I'n what u just said Lol. So ur saying they won't take it back?

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

They didn't say anything about conditions so I doubt this deal would be over if they saw the CAI. Plus I have there car & have been driving it I doubt they would want it back. What I do know is that we don't have the contract but that's because I believe he wants our check deposit first & then he would give us the contract
Sorry, let me be more clear lol. If the contract has been signed and the car has been sold it is a done deal. Period. Now if there is any sort of clause in the contract that says the sale is void if you do not return the tune back to stock they MIGHT be able to void the sale. However it will be very difficult to enforce that type of clause.

Plus they are salesman and they want to make their money too lol. If they undo the sale they won't get paid

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Sorry, let me be more clear lol. If the contract has been signed and the car has been sold it is a done deal. Period. Now if there is any sort of clause in the contract that says the sale is void if you do not return the tune back to stock they MIGHT be able to void the sale. However it will be very difficult to enforce that type of clause.

Plus they are salesman and they want to make their money too lol. If they undo the sale they won't get paid
Of course they want to do sales but the thing is would they get in trouble for making a sell like that. As for the car if I turn it in not stock will they put it back to stock & somehow tune it back to stock?
Old 03-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

Of course they want to do sales but the thing is would they get in trouble for making a sell like that. As for the car if I turn it in not stock will they put it back to stock & somehow tune it back to stock?
If you signed its done, and of course they can put it back any way they want. If that dealer can't they will source that work to a dealer who can.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #10
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Are you asking would they get in trouble for selling the car to you and taking in a car that's not stock? Or are you asking if they would get in trouble for selling your car with the aftermarket parts? Either way the answer is no. They just have to tell whoever is buying the car about the parts if they ask. It does not matter to you though as this cannot come back on you. What the dealer does is their own choice and their own problem.

As for your other question, the answer is yes. They can very easily obtain a stock airbox as well as put the tune back to stock, it would just cost them money to do that and they don't wanna spend the money.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

By the way congrats on the purchase of your new 5.0, got any pics yet?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I just hope it goes well. With my luck it's reidiculous. Last night when my parents were doing the paperwork & go pick up my girlfriend down the street & on the way back I go through a DUI checkpoint a block from the dealership. Funny thing is I left my wallet at home with my drivers liscense which I never do. We had to switch right away. Luckily we didn't get caught
Old 03-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Your gonna be fine...dont worry just play stupid if they start questioning you
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G
Your gonna be fine...dont worry just play stupid if they start questioning you
Lol what do I say?? Haha. Do I say I paid this guy $800 that would make my car faster & he said it wouldn't void or do Any harm to my car? Haha
Old 03-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Long story short. I traded my 2010 Gt that had a JLT CAI with tune & I can't find my tuner to return it back to stock. The dealer has agreed to take the car Monday & I'n that time I return it to stock but I can't find the tuner. We signed all the paper needed & I drove the 5.0 home the same day. Any idea what I can do? Would thy take it back like that? Help!
They can always throw the original tuning back on by reflashing the car. No worries. They will prob just sell the tuner and cai with the car as a 2k$ markup. Congrats on the new ride!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

They can always throw the original tuning back on by reflashing the car. No worries. They will prob just sell the tuner and cai with the car as a 2k$ markup. Congrats on the new ride!
Thanks i appreciate it. I guess I'm over thinking it all
Old 03-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
The dealer is not going to care. They can probably return it to stock without your tuner.

Btw, how the hell can you lose the tuner? That would be like losing a woman's clitorous! Lol, smdh...
Maybe it's under the couch! Lol
Old 03-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT

I literally have Been looking everywhere. I dont understand where it could b
Old 03-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:

I literally have Been looking everywhere. I dont understand where it could b
I leave mine in the car just in case I need it..
Old 03-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I leave mine in the car just in case I need it..
I had it in my car but I took it out because it would rattle all over the place Lol. Now thinking about it I should of left it In the car. I cant believe this is happening Lol.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Just leave cold air and tune on it. They don't care at all. I traded my G8 with full bolt ons and nitrous on it. Traded my 2011 mustang with full exhaust/4.10s and tune in it. They didn't care at all.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
How much did u get for ur 2010?
Artaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artaz
How much did u get for ur 2010?
I think it was 35 or 36 K. I got the gt
Premium. Trade in value I think they gave me 24 K
Old 03-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
How many miles did u have on it
Blackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:18 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat
How many miles did u have on it
14,500 miles
Old 03-04-2012, 03:27 AM   #25
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Nah, turns out it was just an old piece of chewing gum...
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT