Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2013 GT 500

10K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Bladezx 
#1 ·
I Was told by my dealership in California the 2013 GT 500 was a limited edition, 1 per dealership.

#5 ·
Want an ACTUAL limited edition? Buy a Boss 302. Ford is actually limiting production on these. GT500s are basically just another Mustang, compared to the rarity of the B302 and ultra-rarity of the B302LS...(or a CJ, lol).

What a dealer gets is irrelevant, it's what Ford produces that decides what's limited edition or not.

#6 ·
5LHO said:
Want an ACTUAL limited edition? Buy a Boss 302. Ford is actually limiting production on these. GT500s are basically just another Mustang, compared to the rarity of the B302 and ultra-rarity of the B302LS...(or a CJ, lol).

What a dealer gets is irrelevant, it's what Ford produces that decides what's limited edition or not.
The Leguna Seca is one of my dream Stangs!... :)

#7 ·
If the dealer told you that they probably do plan on some sort of markup regardless of how many they get. From my experience it seems like most things in Cali are far more expensive. I would look out of state if you really are serious about a gt500. Good luck to you, post pics ASAP if you do get one so I can drool all over them lol.

#13 ·
Yup, I know of two off the top of my head that have been on dealer lots since this summer. One dealer is still running a $3500 markup on theirs ... I told them that they are crazy and better drop the price before the '13s hit with the new features or they are going to take a real beating on it. I'm actually kindof hoping that will happen, I might trade my '11 in and beat them to death about the price.

#15 ·
Rpollard said:
In the last hour or so I have called 6 Ford dealerships in SO California. All 6 confirmed, most dealerships will get 1 one 2013 GT 500 a few will get two.
That means they will get one at a time. How many of these cars a dealer can have at a time is dependent on the dealers history of selling them. My local dealer here in Virginia usually has 2 GT500 and a Boss on the showroom. Bottom line, it's all about the dealers ability to sell the car as quick as possible.

#16 ·
aegischief said:
That means they will get one at a time. How many of these cars a dealer can have at a time is dependent on the dealers history of selling them. My local dealer here in Virginia usually has 2 GT500 and a Boss on the showroom. Bottom line, it's all about the dealers ability to sell the car as quick as possible.
+11

Last year a local dealership had two GT500s and one Super Snake!.. All brand new!..

#17 ·
From my local dealership:

Hi Roy,

Here the latest update for the 2013 GT500:

The ultimate Ford Mustang – Shelby GT500 – raises the bar high on performance with the introduction of the new 2013 model that goes on sale next year delivering 650 horsepower and a top speed of more than 200 mph. The Shelby GT500 is now powered by an aluminum 5.8-liter supercharged V8 producing 650 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful production V8 engine in the world.

All Ford full-line dealers will have the opportunity to enroll in the Shelby GT500 Dealer Certification Program for the 2013. Every dealer enrolled in the program will be eligible for (1) Shelby GT500.

The dealer enrollment process will begin in early February. The 2013 Shelby GT500 is expected to begin production in the 2nd quarter.

Let me know if you are interested in getting one. Looks like we will only get one.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

I have my Shelby Cobrasold this week, I'm not interested in Just another Mustang. If it not limited edition I'll start looking for a classic.

#20 ·
Honestly all the dealerships may only get one for a showroom car. However, if you go to a dealership and order one they will get you one. They probably just don't want to put a bunch of GT500s out on lots around the country and have them sit for months like those Boss 302s that you guys were talking about.

#23 ·
I know in my town Minot, ND I had to order my 11 5.0 or wait for the dealer to get one of three they were only getting. I do know that ford does not want to over produce the 13 gt500 so they only want to make what they are going to sell. Actually not one north Dakota has one brand new boss on the show room but have sold like only 4 custom orders.

#24 ·
Some dealers will have more then 1. 1 will be in showroom and they will have a few stored in the back where you can't see them. Each dealer will have one when they come out but after a few months they will carry more. Where I live 1 dealer started with 2 2011 Shelby's and then half way through summer they had 14 Shelby's in line

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.