Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Deal going sour

11K views 39 replies 19 participants last post by  yugoboss 
#1 ·
So I traded my 2010 GT which I have turned to the dealer yet for a 2012 5.0. The reason I say it's going sour is because we are most likely taking it back in which is what my dad says because instead of charging us for 72 months like we agreed with them they are charging us for 75 months. We are not sure y or what is going on. I don't want to give it up so I hope they tell my parents they can't. We are going to the dealer
Today to see what is going to happen. I
Don't understand how they would even take the car back of my parents signed everything & i been driving the car everywhere.

#2 ·
We're you approved for a 72 month loan from a lender? Or did the dealer just say 72 months? Also, maybe the only loan they could get was 75 months. Check the math to see if you would still pay the same over 72 or 75 months. May have been a misunderstanding.

On the other hand.....

Don't let the dealer take advantage of you. Stand your ground and make sure they aren't ripping you off. Make sure everything is exactly the same as what was agreed upon and written into the contract and if things do not match up, WALK AWAY. There are other mustangs and other dealerships. They do want your business and will treat you fairly.

#3 ·
You're going to lose your ass if you take it back ... Sounds like you guys already signed the paperwork, and I'm not sure why it's a big deal whether it's a 72 or 75 month loan. It's not like they can just charge you for three extra payments, it would just make it slightly lower.

Honestly, sounds like you/your parents just didn't read everything close enough before signing the loan. It's kinda too late now, and if you "take it back" you will be paying depreciation and/or mileage for the value the dealership will lose.

#4 ·
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
We're you approved for a 72 month loan from a lender? Or did the dealer just say 72 months? Also, maybe the only loan they could get was 75 months. Check the math to see if you would still pay the same over 72 or 75 months. May have been a misunderstanding.

On the other hand.....

Don't let the dealer take advantage of you. Stand your ground and make sure they aren't ripping you off. Make sure everything is exactly the same as what was agreed upon and written into the contract and if things do not match up, WALK AWAY. There are other mustangs and other dealerships. They do want your business and will treat you fairly.
The numbers that were said through out the whole deal was 72 months not 75. We would basically get ripped off. I'm sure there's other deals but the thing is can we give it back because we signed all the paper work & everything

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Napoleon85 said:
You're going to lose your ass if you take it back ... Sounds like you guys already signed the paperwork, and I'm not sure why it's a big deal whether it's a 72 or 75 month loan. It's not like they can just charge you for three extra payments, it would just make it slightly lower.

Honestly, sounds like you/your parents just didn't read everything close enough before signing the loan. It's kinda too late now, and if you "take it back" you will be paying depreciation and/or mileage for the value the dealership will lose.
That's what I thought about the situation. I doubt they would take a care back that was driven off the lot. But apparently to my parents it isn't so we will see. My preferrenxe I rather keep it.

#5 ·
The numbers that were said through out the whole deal was 72 months not 75. We would basically get ripped off. I'm sure there's other deals but the thing is can we give it back because we signed all the paper work & everything
Dude they can say any god damn thing they want, but all that matters is what is on the paper you signed. They're not ripping you off, you're just paying for the car in 75 installments instead of 72. You might be paying a little bit extra interest for those three payments, but your monthly payment will be lower since it is over a slightly longer period of time.

It's not like you are paying the full value of the car in 72 payments, and then paying three extra payments that go to nowhere. You're not getting ripped off, and if you want to pay if off in 72 payments there should be nothing stopping you from doing so as long as there is not an early pay-off fee on the loan.

#6 ·
Update on the deal going sour. We went to the dealership & we basically when over everything with them & told them they didn't explain everything correctly & that everything was done the wrong way. We didn't get out of the dealership ship when I got the car till 1am. When we told them we want a better deal on the car the guy said they can't & that the deal can't b cancelled. We flipped the switch on them by threatening them because since my mom was the signer the finance guy lies & said she makes a certain amount of money a year when she doesn't even work. The bank called regarding that & my mom refuses to lie & the dealer told her to lie about the #s. we basically got them to cancel the deal because we threatened them with that. So the deal was cancelled. I'm not that disappointed considering that there's many out there & I will b getting a GT Premium instead of
Course a 5.0. It will b soon to come. So for the weekend I had a free 5.0 with a full gas tank. I got the car at 10 miles and returned it at 210. I wasn't charged a thing for the miles.

#7 ·
So much for personal accountability... Basically, you made your inability to read a contract before signing it someone else's problem.

For the first time ever, I can actually say I feel bad for a car dealership. Nobody should have to deal with the level of incompetence, ignorance, and dishonesty exhibited here.

#8 ·
Napoleon85 said:
So much for personal accountability... Basically, you made your inability to read a contract before signing it someone else's problem.

For the first time ever, I can actually say I feel bad for a car dealership. Nobody should have to deal with the level of incompetence, ignorance, and dishonesty exhibited here.
It wasn't just that. The dealer lied the whole time. They bull****ed everything & tried to make us lie. I personally wanted the car but the way everyone was acting & they way things were done made me not want to take the car. If i do end up getting another one it will b at my last dealer because to me they seem to work things out for many people. Many of my family has gotten cars from the ford dealer & I got mine & everyone seemed satisfied

#9 ·
Napoleon85 said:

I gotta agree. I can't lie, after buyin my 2011, lookin over the paperwork, there were some between the lines things that I over looked, and I'm actually paying a little more overall then I expected. But I don't blame the dealership because it's MY fault for getting over excited and not seeing it. It was my first new car purchase, and I made some mistakes. Overall I still got a good deal on it but regardless, it was MY fault for being ignorant. Had I caught it before signing the dealership would have fixed it for me. But there is NO way I'd bring my car back and make them
Suffer the price difference for my own ignorance.

#10 ·
Happens to the best of us. I went in with a pre-approved loan to negotiate a better interest, the dealer beat my banks interest rate, but after taking a second look at things, they charged me for using them to get the loan. It ends up costing me more than if I would have taken a slightly higher interest rate. Also, the gap insurance was more through the dealer than my bank. I have bought a lot of new cars, and have found that no matter how careful I am, I will always overlook something. I just get so excited when I am buying them that I can't focus.

#11 ·
Happens to the best of us. I went in with a pre-approved loan to negotiate a better interest, the dealer beat my banks interest rate, but after taking a second look at things, they charged me for using them to get the loan. It ends up costing me more than if I would have taken a slightly higher interest rate. Also, the gap insurance was more through the dealer than my bank. I have bought a lot of new cars, and have found that no matter how careful I am, I will always overlook something. I just get so excited when I am buying them that I can't focus.
+1000! thats what the salesman is counting on...

#13 ·
so true.. lucky for me i talked them down so deep on the price of the car that the little things that i missed didn't mess up me getting a great deal.

#14 ·
04TRV6 said:
so true.. lucky for me i talked them down so deep on the price of the car that the little things that i missed didn't mess up me getting a great deal.
The crazy part is no matter how little you pay they still make money, the mark up ridiculous. Good to hear someone got the price they wanted! :good: :)

#16 ·
regardless its your parents money and their car so its their choice :( you just have to live with their decision. Hopefully it works out.

#17 ·
I always use truecar or usaa pricing. No need for negotiations,...it's already negotiated. My 5.0 premium was 38.5k truecar with rebates was 31k at 1.9%. I always have an auto loan calc with me to make sure my payment is right based on the numbers. 40 mins is usually how long it takes to drive off the lot

#18 ·
I used usaa for everything except my wifes new 4Runner. Toyota beat USAA's intrest rate and matched there GAP price as well as giving me another 1000 off price to finance with them. Gotthere test drove the car and had the deal done in less then an hour.

At our Ford dealer its a differnet story. They are slow as ****. They take for ever to do anything and everything. I will never deal with them again. I will make the trip south to a different dealer.

#22 ·
Dealer wanted me to finance. I told them the only way I would finance was if they gave me a better deal. No better deal so I wrote a check.. The best part was that while they were writing up the paperwork I checked my email and the $750 Ford rebate email was there. I asked the finance guy for his email address and forwarded the rebate email to him for processing.

#27 ·
vicmeldrew said:
he tells a bit of a different story on another mustang forum.....
LMNO said:
Hope u don't mean me because I copied & pasted on both. Exact same words
vicmeldrew said:
nope, a lot of devious untruthful things...I will leave it at this...for those of you with any interest go read it, it is no one of the bigger forums
Yeeeeah. I checked out the other forum and from what I read, it is the same thing here. What him and his parents did was wrong along with the dealership, but he isn't lying to us. (at least he doesn't have multiple stories for the internet)

#28 ·
Las0mbra said:
Yeeeeah. I checked out the other forum and from what I read, it is the same thing here. What him and his parents did was wrong along with the dealership, but he isn't lying to us. (at least he doesn't have multiple stories for the internet)
Thank you. Vicemdrew has no idea what he's saying. As in for the story there's a lot more to it then what I wrote but I don't find the need to write pages worth of it through my smart phone. If anyone on these forums were preset at the dealer ship with me u would notice lots of shady things that were happening.

#29 ·
If u have great credit then financing through the dealer is always the best choice. I never get more than 2% on any car I own. On my 10 Lexus es350 1.9 10 Acura to 0.9 12 mustang 1.9 08 tundra 0%. I never have seen a bank offer an interest rate this low,...I'm sure it happens but I've never seen it. If u know what ur doing and am well prepared and not an idiot you always come out on top,...if ur smart

#30 ·
thamac15 said:
If u have great credit then financing through the dealer is always the best choice. I never get more than 2% on any car I own. On my 10 Lexus es350 1.9 10 Acura to 0.9 12 mustang 1.9 08 tundra 0%. I never have seen a bank offer an interest rate this low,...I'm sure it happens but I've never seen it. If u know what ur doing and am well prepared and not an idiot you always come out on top,...if ur smart
I was getting 1.9% on it & on my 2010 GT I got 0%

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.