Mustang Evolution Forum banner

American Muscle Staggered 18" Bullits - Balance weights rub on 2012

10K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  AMDanBailer 
#1 ·
Recevied the American Muscle Bullits last week, held off on installation as I didnt want to run in bad weather (use the originals for winter is the plan). Couldnt hold out any longer and the 10 day says no snow. Put the first front on and spun the wheel only to find the balance weights hit the caliper and the wheel itself is so close to the caliper there is one spot it very slightly rubs. Car is a 2012 with base brakes (no Brembo). I know they will get me fixed up, just wondered here on Sunday if anyone else has had that kind of issue??

See less See more
#2 ·
wow that sucks..at least you got them from AM though, like you said I'm sure they'll straighten everything out. I'm no wheel guy but I wonder if those weight can be moved back further toward the car so that it misses the caliper? Good luck?

#4 ·
Yea the weights can be put on the inside lip of the wheel.. There's several diff ways to balance them..

#7 · (Edited)
OP,

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles with your wheels. Something isn't right there. There should be plenty of clearance between the wheel/wheel weights and your brake calipers. Nothing has changed in 2012 that should cause the caliper to be so close to the wheel. Can you PM me your order number so that I can have our Customer Service Team Lead look into this for you? I'm not 100% certain but I'm guessing you got an offset for a different year. It doesn't happen often, but it can because we carry the same wheels for multiple generations, just with different offsets. Can you check the offset and let me know what you got? It's normally stamped on the inside of the spokes as an "ET +#" Also, let me know in the PM what size wheels/tires you got, that way I can tell you what offset you should've received.

Again, I'm sorry for any inconvenience, but I greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. I'll get this squared away for you in no time!:good:

Let me know. Have a great afternoon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.