Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2013 or 2014 351 boss mistang?

10K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Americanrwb1 
#1 ·
Ok so I was just thinking... The mustang gt500 is suppose to rock out a 5.8 liter v8 which is about a 354 or 355 cubic inch. Think they will come out with the 351 boss? (mind you it's not an exact 351 but the 5.0 isn't exactly a 302 either.) gimme your thoughts guys!

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

And I spelled mustang wrong on the title -.- damn auto correct don't work

#4 ·
im pretty sure ur right on that. anyway...we got the supercharged 5.4..wut more could u want? lol

#5 ·
Americanrwb1 said:
I swear I remember reading it's actually a 301.74726... Cubic inch. But still pretty cool thought on a 351 boss mustang though.
The actual displacement of a 2012 5.0 is 4951 cubic centimeters. That equals 302.13 cubic inches. Just sayin'.

#7 ·
maybe i was thinkn bout the 4.6 stroker kit...

#6 ·
I'm not sure bout the new 5.8 but the old ones were 351.. I assumed the the new 5.8 was also a 351.. I dunno though..

#8 ·
11stangGT said:
I'm not sure bout the new 5.8 but the old ones were 351.. I assumed the the new 5.8 was also a 351.. I dunno though..
OK while I'm playing the number geek, 351 cubic inches equals 5752 cubic centimeters. So yes, the 5.8 would be the old 351 engine size.

#10 ·
No, while nostalgia fever is hot and heavy, it would be far too costly. We are also coming out of a huge recession and ford has to be careful and play their cards in a certain way. A special 351 just for the bosses won't happen. The only reason they did it for the cobra is to put out more hp and compete with the zl1. A 351 boss would be too heavy and won't go well with the strictly track car they've made out of the new boss either.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Dont get me wrong, not trying to poo on your parade, I would love that too. It just isn't realistic

#11 ·
Definitely not in 2013 or we woulda already heard about it.. Maybe in 2014 or later but highly doubt it..

#12 ·
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
No, while nostalgia fever is hot and heavy, it would be far too costly. We are also coming out of a huge recession and ford has to be careful and play their cards in a certain way. A special 351 just for the bosses won't happen. The only reason they did it for the cobra is to put out more hp and compete with the zl1. A 351 boss would be too heavy and won't go well with the strictly track car they've made out of the new boss either.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Dont get me wrong, not trying to poo on your parade, I would love that too. It just isn't realistic
Truthfully from what I understand. In order for ford to produce a race car to be legitimate for the track they HAVE to produce a certain amount for the public via the 302 boss. So competition wise if they were to produce a meaner car for stock racing or whatever track racing this consist of they'd have to produce it to the public. So if ford does come out with a new race design it has to be produced to the public as well. Saw it on tv it's interesting. Off topic but because the boss 302 was made for the track they had to produce a certain amount for the public. Just like the 66 cobras. Wasn't allowed on the track until they produced it to the public. Once again don't quote me on it but I do remember seeing it and hearing it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.