Trade-In for 2013 Model - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
W0lfMAN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 50
Trade-In for 2013 Model

Hey guys,

So about a year ago, I bought my first Mustang. A 2006 Mustang GT. Now, when I bought the car, I wasn't all that great financially, so never really got around to doing mods.

Fast forward to this year I'm doing a whole lot better financially. So it got me thinking to trade my car in for a new 2013 model. I'm sure the trade in value is decent for me seeing as the car is still in perfect shape. It's pretty much stock. and still hasn't hit 15k miles.

I guess I'm just asking what you guys would do in my place. Trade-in or no?

Thanks guys
W0lfMAN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: Trade-In for 2013 Model

I'd see what i could get for it and def. think about trading. but like you said, should be a good price for a stock, low mileage car... if they don't want to give you what its worth, you'd be better keeping or privage sale.
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
W0lfMAN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 50
Re: Trade-In for 2013 Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6 View Post
I'd see what i could get for it and def. think about trading. but like you said, should be a good price for a stock, low mileage car... if they don't want to give you what its worth, you'd be better keeping or privage sale.
Well, i was given an estimate of 15,500-16,000 for a trade-in. I also plan to put in 3-4k down along with the trade in.
W0lfMAN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Trade-In for 2013 Model

I got a $18k trade in value on my 07 with 45k on the clock. Im sure you could do much better than $15k with that kind of miles.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
W0lfMAN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 50
Re: Trade-In for 2013 Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
I got a $18k trade in value on my 07 with 45k on the clock. Im sure you could do much better than $15k with that kind of miles.
Hm.. You think area makes a difference? Plus, they haven't seen my car. I'm sure when they actually seeing how well kept and perfect the car has been kept, the number should go up.
W0lfMAN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by W0lfMAN21
Hey guys,

So about a year ago, I bought my first Mustang. A 2006 Mustang GT. Now, when I bought the car, I wasn't all that great financially, so never really got around to doing mods.

Fast forward to this year I'm doing a whole lot better financially. So it got me thinking to trade my car in for a new 2013 model. I'm sure the trade in value is decent for me seeing as the car is still in perfect shape. It's pretty much stock. and still hasn't hit 15k miles.

I guess I'm just asking what you guys would do in my place. Trade-in or no?

Thanks guys
You could check it out and see about getting the 2013, but I'm waiting for the 2015. I just bought my 11 a little over a yr ago, but I'm already pretty far ahead on payments. If a year ago you were financially unstable though, I would probably give it a few more years and go for the '15. But you know your financial situation better than anyone so it's really all up to you.
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blackcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 254
Hell I got 12000 for my 06 and it had over 100000 miles on it so I wouldn't take that for my trade if it had that less of miles
Blackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
W0lfMAN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 50
Re: Trade-In for 2013 Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
You could check it out and see about getting the 2013, but I'm waiting for the 2015. I just bought my 11 a little over a yr ago, but I'm already pretty far ahead on payments. If a year ago you were financially unstable though, I would probably give it a few more years and go for the '15. But you know your financial situation better than anyone so it's really all up to you.
Yeah no it's definitely a whole lot better lol. I could wait for the 2015 model, but I'm really loving that Shelby aggressive look on the GT.

I know the 2015 is another re-design. Scared I might not like it.
W0lfMAN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by W0lfMAN21
Yeah no it's definitely a whole lot better lol. I could wait for the 2015 model, but I'm really loving that Shelby aggressive look on the GT.

I know the 2015 is another re-design. Scared I might not like it.
Lol I understand, I may not like it either, but I'm gonna hold out for the '15 anyways and worse case scenario I'll just buy a used '13 or '14 when that time comes
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
W0lfMAN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 50
Re: Trade-In for 2013 Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Lol I understand, I may not like it either, but I'm gonna hold out for the '15 anyways and worse case scenario I'll just buy a used '13 or '14 when that time comes
Yeah, I don't wanna buy used again. Don't get me wrong, I got lucky with such a good used model, but I really want to build mine up. Paint, interior, and packages. I want them to be my choice lol. Plan to get a Premium GT. budget it to about 41k. to include all my demands lol.
W0lfMAN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #11
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by W0lfMAN21
Yeah, I don't wanna buy used again. Don't get me wrong, I got lucky with such a good used model, but I really want to build mine up. Paint, interior, and packages. I want them to be my choice lol. Plan to get a Premium GT. budget it to about 41k. to include all my demands lol.
Sounds like you are set on the '13, and I'm not judging, I think it's a great idea. On that note just make sure you maximize your trade and on a 41k budget I'd say you have plenty to buy a nice premium with a few options and then a couple of basic bolt-ons. Sounds like a solid plan wolfman. Trust me, if I could afford it I would buy a new mustang every single year lol an never sell any of the previous ones.
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: Trade-In for 2013 Model

I would Check Kelley Blue Book (Official Kelley Blue Book Values You Can Trust From kbb.com - Kelley Blue Book) and NADA (N.A.D.A. Home Page) for a general idea (both provide trade-in value). Both of these will give you unrealistically high prices, with KBB usually being much higher than NADA. It should be good enough for some rough number crunching though.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #13
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: Trade-In for 2013 Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0lfMAN21 View Post
Well, i was given an estimate of 15,500-16,000 for a trade-in. I also plan to put in 3-4k down along with the trade in.
that doesn't sound like a good enough number to me for trade value.
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
W0lfMAN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 50
Re: Trade-In for 2013 Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Sounds like you are set on the '13, and I'm not judging, I think it's a great idea. On that note just make sure you maximize your trade and on a 41k budget I'd say you have plenty to buy a nice premium with a few options and then a couple of basic bolt-ons. Sounds like a solid plan wolfman. Trust me, if I could afford it I would buy a new mustang every single year lol an never sell any of the previous ones.
Haha. Yeah I did a rough estimate using the 2012 online guide. Looks like I'll have to ask for a 2013 order guide soon. Hopefully it all falls under 40k.
W0lfMAN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: Trade-In for 2013 Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6 View Post
that doesn't sound like a good enough number to me for trade value.
Actually, that is right on with the KBB and NADA values ... so it's probably on the high side. I don't know how there is even much money in it for the dealership at that price since I wouldn't expect to PAY much more than that to buy a similar car.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
W0lfMAN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 50
Re: Trade-In for 2013 Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Actually, that is right on with the KBB and NADA values ... so it's probably on the high side. I don't know how there is even much money in it for the dealership at that price since I wouldn't expect to PAY much more than that to buy a similar car.
I just hope the dealer says okay to it. Doing some rough math, my monthly payments should only go up by around a $100 or so. I'm getting really tempted now. LOL!
W0lfMAN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Dont trade it. Sell it. Youl get way more money and even if you sell ot cheap you'll get more money than on trade in.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
W0lfMAN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 50
Re: Trade-In for 2013 Model

I was thinking that for a while. Just seems like a lot of hassle. But, if I don't like the number I get from the dealer, I'll heavily consider the selling option.
W0lfMAN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: Trade-In for 2013 Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
Dont trade it. Sell it. Youl get way more money and even if you sell ot cheap you'll get more money than on trade in.
Ahh that's not always true. In some states, like Ohio, you only pay the tax on the difference of the trade and the new car. It could end up costing him MORE to sell it PP than trade it in.

You also have to deal with the hassle of selling it. Not sure in your part of the country, but around here it's not uncommon for people to get shot/stabbed in those transactions (have I mentioned recently that Ohio blows?).
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
W0lfMAN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 50
Re: Trade-In for 2013 Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Ahh that's not always true. In some states, like Ohio, you only pay the tax on the difference of the trade and the new car. It could end up costing him MORE to sell it PP than trade it in.

You also have to deal with the hassle of selling it. Not sure in your part of the country, but around here it's not uncommon for people to get shot/stabbed in those transactions (have I mentioned recently that Ohio blows?).
Exactly why I want to try and avoid selling lol. But I am in the NY/NJ area, doesn't really sound all that better lol.
W0lfMAN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Ahh that's not always true. In some states, like Ohio, you only pay the tax on the difference of the trade and the new car. It could end up costing him MORE to sell it PP than trade it in.

You also have to deal with the hassle of selling it. Not sure in your part of the country, but around here it's not uncommon for people to get shot/stabbed in those transactions (have I mentioned recently that Ohio blows?).
Yeah I'm in canada and we don't the same distribution of crazy up here. And as tax varies it doesn't take much. I was offered 8 grand trade in on a car appraised at 13k and I've been offered over 17. A 06 gt with low miles could be 12 grand trade or sold at 18.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #22
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 6
Re: Trade-In for 2013 Model

it is very hard to get a what is my car worth quote here..you have to look at the total deal because the dealer will try to make up the difference on selling price, doc fees and other markups...now if you can you x plan or get a quote for invoice you will truly know what the dealer is willing to give you...good luck and hope it all works out
vicmeldrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
W0lfMAN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 50
Yeah. If anything happens I'll post here and let you guys know. For now it's all about dreaming lol!
W0lfMAN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mr Sly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 21
Re: Trade-In for 2013 Model

You can't let your anticipation get the best of you. I would say wait it out till you get the right numbers for your car and on the new one. Also never take no for an answer from a dealer, because most likely they can raise the numbers on yOur trade and lower them from the new car. If you don't like the deal walk away, the salesperson will try to lower the numbers once they realize their commission is walking out the door
Mr Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:45 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,974
Re: Trade-In for 2013 Model

Don't forget to add the tax savings off your new car to the trade in value you're offered. That is money directly in your pocket, as you only pay tax on the after-trade value of the new car.

Trade in values vary with year to year conditions, demand and, the value of the car being purchased. You can't make direct comparisons like, "Well, I got XXk for mine so you should, too".
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bladezx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
I wouldn't wait for the 2015 I would get a 2012 or 13 for now. The first redesigned year always has flaws etc bugs to fix so by the time they will get it fixed etc will be the 2016s or 17s by then your current car will be paid off or near paid off.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0lfMAN21
I was thinking that for a while. Just seems like a lot of hassle. But, if I don't like the number I get from the dealer, I'll heavily consider the selling option.

Try selling privately or try multiple dealers. My 07 had a ****ed bumper and fender dented in. 3G damage i didn't want to pay. One dealer would only give me 6 for it then I went to a small town ford dealer and found a2012 5.0 fully loaded for 38g and 700 Kms on it talked them into giving me 13 grand for my car saying the city dealer was going to give me that much for it and the repairs they could fix for a grand easily. Since dealers can't call each other to see bull**** cause of competition they believed me and I had the new car reduced cause it was brand new and the owner of the dealer drive it for 700 km and got my car worth way more than the other dealer would pay. It's good to play around with other dealers.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
suggestions for new products austinknoll AmericanMuscle 2278 12-31-2016 08:00 PM
Best known HP for a 4.6L 2 valve LAS97GT 1996-2004 Mustang GT 44 05-05-2012 08:14 PM
My rental in florida.! Mustangg5 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 17 03-08-2012 06:24 AM
Lower Din pocket for 2000 mach system Daly2000GT Mustang Audio & Video 6 03-06-2012 02:07 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:45 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.