Extended warranty - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I'll tell you this much. Once your vin has been marked in their system there is no more warranty.

Currently involved in a legal battle after being told once someone at ford makes a warranty decision there is no review or changing, it is a final decision. This is on a 100% stock vehicle and a 6k repair bill btw.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
How do you even sell back the warranty? Because I bought the premium one for my car and probably won't need it for much longer. Mods are bout to get serious!
SkoSter06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Is there anyway to sell back the original warranty that comes with the car

Well the car optioned out is 43k so thats where i got the number but im guessimating a blown up engine will cost roughly 20k to repair which is still not worth it id rather just buy a terminator for that much.
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #39
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoSter06
How do you even sell back the warranty? Because I bought the premium one for my car and probably won't need it for much longer. Mods are bout to get serious!
Just call your dealer and talk to them, they will do their paperwork and refund you the money... But expect it to take 6-8 wks

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Extended warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow50 View Post
Is there anyway to sell back the original warranty that comes with the car

Well the car optioned out is 43k so thats where i got the number but im guessimating a blown up engine will cost roughly 20k to repair which is still not worth it id rather just buy a terminator for that much.
It wouldn't cost close to half that ...
Old 03-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

It wouldn't cost close to half that ...
Really?? Maybe i should do a tune
Old 03-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #42
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow50

Really?? Maybe i should do a tune
If you blow engine and have to replace a new turn key can be had for 5500-6000k. If you look around. If buying just a short block a little cheaper. But if blow it better off buying the aluminator or another built block from some one.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

I just talked to another dealer everything from frpp is ridiculously priced and installs cost a crapload. Rear gears installed = $700 wtf the gears are $170+ install kit i cud do it myself but he said if the engine blows theycus cause an issue because of the gears. He said the car would also need a tune after gears which ruins the warranty. Im just going to keep to suspension and tires for now
Old 03-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just talked to another dealer everything from frpp is ridiculously priced and installs cost a crapload. Rear gears installed = $700 wtf the gears are $170+ install kit i cud do it myself but he said if the engine blows theycus cause an issue because of the gears. He said the car would also need a tune after gears which ruins the warranty. Im just going to keep to suspension and tires for now
Keep in mind that lowering the car affects the drivetrain in a small way. From what you have said I wouldn't put it past your dealership to blame problems on the out of spec pinion angle.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #45
Road Trip!

Warranty

Who needs that..

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120313_160723.png
Views:	144
Size:	309.8 KB
ID:	43444

Name:	ForumRunner_20120313_160737.png
Views:	175
Size:	374.5 KB
ID:	43446

Stall and new driveshaft in. Blower/stall/driveshaft. All in before 4000 miles.

Next is more boost/E85 and 700whp+
Old 03-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

...holy **** ^
Old 03-13-2012, 11:48 PM   #47
Road Trip!

Quote:
...holy **** ^
Blower/boss intake/ off road x pipe been on since two days after buying it.

Name:	ForumRunner_20120313_234524.png
Views:	152
Size:	486.5 KB
ID:	43527

Name:	ForumRunner_20120313_234759.png
Views:	134
Size:	436.1 KB
ID:	43529

Name:	ForumRunner_20120313_234835.png
Views:	133
Size:	434.2 KB
ID:	43530
Old 03-14-2012, 06:24 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Double holy ****
Old 03-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

I will go with the three techs that i know that say no.

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

I was talking to one of my tech friends the other day...they had a mustang in that the rear end went out. The regional service guy just happened to be visiting that day. He goes and looks at this car and find rubber in the fender wells...voided the entire power train warranty. said he had been drag racing the car.

It is a chance you take with owning a Mustang...the warranty that is, weather you tune , mod or leave it bone stock.
dailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #50
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailey
I will go with the three techs that i know that say no.

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

I was talking to one of my tech friends the other day...they had a mustang in that the rear end went out. The regional service guy just happened to be visiting that day. He goes and looks at this car and find rubber in the fender wells...voided the entire power train warranty. said he had been drag racing the car.

It is a chance you take with owning a Mustang...the warranty that is, weather you tune , mod or leave it bone stock.
Taking techs that say no on what?

And funny Ford replaced my tranny once in my 2011. I took it there with DR's on it with fenders covered in tire shreads. Got lucky is what I did.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I'm exactly in your shoes I purchased a extended warranty, but couldn't keep it stock, I have a steeda cai and a 93 performance tune. They haven't said anything to me, altought I take it in every time for oil changes on point, I think we're r fine n you shouldn't sell back keep it and if anything were to happen change it back n pray they don't find out lol
Alexg2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

that they can't tell if you had a tune on it..if you did and took it off and put the factory one back on.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailey View Post
that they can't tell if you had a tune on it..if you did and took it off and put the factory one back on.
Believe what you want ... but you should read this (especially the flow chart on P3).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf tsb11-07-07.pdf (1.67 MB, 287 views)
Old 03-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
They probably can't do it at the dealership.. They probably have to send off the ECM or have someone come in to do it.. Just bc they are a tech at the dealership doesn't mean that they know d*ck either..
Old 03-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #55
Road Trip!

Quote:
Then you need tell the techs you know they are worthless. When you go in for engine damage pcm is sent to big Ford. GM has been doing this for years. It stores every thing you do. Key strokes/disconnecting battery don't do Jack for it.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT

They probably can't do it at the dealership.. They probably have to send off the ECM or have someone come in to do it.. Just bc they are a tech at the dealership doesn't mean that they know d*ck either..
Last sentence is so true. I know techs that know less then my 15yr old son would.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

i will print and show it to my friend...but from what i read...it states it may ( if the tune is on the car ) or may not ( meaning it is not ) be able to detect.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

wnt2gofst-tell someone they are worthless??? seriously??? dude you are a idiot, nobody is worthless. Did i mention that I know both personally? Keep you personal shots to your self.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
i will print and show it to my friend...but from what i read...it states it may ( if the tune is on the car ) or may not ( meaning it is not ) be able to detect.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

wnt2gofst-tell someone they are worthless??? seriously??? dude you are a idiot, nobody is worthless. Did i mention that I know both personally? Keep you personal shots to your self.
I don't think he meant worthless as a person.. Just as mechanics.. Lol. The ford dealership doesn't have the software or equipment to read the PCM.. So no the ford DEALERSHIP can't tell if it has been tuned or not.. BUT Ford and their engineers can...
Old 03-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

I would hope so...he doesn't know me or them. But they are both GREAT mechanics. I am extremely picky who i let work on anything of mine.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #59
Road Trip!

Quote:
I would hope so...he doesn't know me or them. But they are both GREAT mechanics. I am extremely picky who i let work on anything of mine.
They need to do more research then. Ford makes them(dealer) sned them your computer if yuou go in for any engine work. Say it blew or smoking or something. They then have the engineers from ford look over it. They are the ones that see if it has been tuned or not. They can see where y ou laoded a tune then returned it to stock etc. As said GM has been doing this for years. No reason Ford can't do it. There has also been people denied warranty work because of this as well.

There is only so much a dealer can do. And most dealers like doing warranty work because ford pays them. The more the do the better. We have one dealer here that will basically fix anything. But even they said if the engine is blown they can do it if its been tuned. As Ford makes them send in the cars computer.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote:

Oh and Yes ment as a Tech. They telling people **** they know nothing about is what ends up pissing people off when they get told oh you have to pay 10k for your new engine. All becuase some Tech didn't know what he was talking about and told them ohb ya that tune/cold air/exhuast will not void warranty.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Hopefully...i will never find out.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #61
Road Trip!

Quote:
Hopefully...i will never find out.
Hopefully not. Don't wish that on any one. Me I am sure I will blow an engine. Just hoping it is later then sooner.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Dakota
Im not trying to say that I would try to cheat ford but from my understanding I thought the ecu keeps a code when a tune is loaded even the factory one but after so many miles then code is erased... maybe not the new copperhead but with older ecu's I thought this was the case.
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07 View Post
Im not trying to say that I would try to cheat ford but from my understanding I thought the ecu keeps a code when a tune is loaded even the factory one but after so many miles then code is erased... maybe not the new copperhead but with older ecu's I thought this was the case.
With the old ECUs it would be lost after a drive cycle or duty cycle, cant remember what it was called. The ECU in the 11+ are totally different.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #64
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
I'd sell it back. I bought one with mine. Think about it you can set that money aside and let it earn interest. I figured out two serious components would have to fail. Extended warranties rarely payoff. These cars are pretty inexpensive to keep up, plus if something does go you can always up grade the part.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:11 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Not to be off topic but u guys are answering damn near all the questions I have about the different mods I want and warranty issues I may have....
Thanks
Mustangreazon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangreazon50 View Post
Not to be off topic but u guys are answering damn near all the questions I have about the different mods I want and warranty issues I may have....
Thanks
A lot of people try to over-complicate this and its very simple. Anything that you directly mod or that is directly affected by a mod is no longer covered under warranty,
Old 03-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #67
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangreazon50
Thanks
Thanks for using the search function lol. We don't mind answering questions and all but when you have the 20 threads all running about the same thing at once it gets a little old.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Thanks for using the search function lol. We don't mind answering questions and all but when you have the 20 threads all running about the same thing at once it gets a little old.
+1billion! I swear if I see one more thread about axlebacks I'm going to lose it!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #69
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

+1billion! I swear if I see one more thread about axlebacks I'm going to lose it!
Lol, no need to go postal brother

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT