Would it be dumb? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Would it be dumb?

I'm just wondering what some people would think if I put a Saleen decal on my windshield for my 2010 mustang gt. I normally hate mustang people that put decals or emblems if the car isn't that kind of mustang. I have a 2010 mustang gt with a Saleen supercharger and tons of upgrades, I don't have a Saleen suspension or wheels, just the Saleen supercharger and Saleen extreme CAI, so I'm just wondering would it be dumb to put a Saleen windshield decal on my car since its not a real Saleen Mustang?

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
CZYFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: Would it be dumb?

if u wanna ride steve saleens &%$# like that, then who are we to stop u? im just joshn.. seriously though, u got the blower.. go for it. u know how many ppl r rolln round wit cobra stuff and they got a v6 under the hood.. or bone stock gt. and lotsa ppl c it and think its cool.

this one guy round here has a 96 v6 wit racing stripes, door stripes, u name it and "cobra" printed everywhere.. actualy it looks kinda nice.. but he's rockn a v6.

fuk the haters..put it on.

i got "indy cylinder head" and "exedy" stickers... do i have that stuff? helllll no, but i do have a blower..so fukm..lol.

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I have the Exedy mach 600 clutch kit with Exedy flywheel with one piece aluminum driveshaft and eaton diff. Along with the power but just didn't know if it would be stupid to do it cause I hate that guy!

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #4

Region: Virginia
Me personally I'd say no .... But I would put a "Saleen SC" decal maybe on the small side window though just to claim the blower you have. You have a beast ride with the GT & addition w/the Saleen blower so don't over state it. If you plan to "clone" the car then maybe if you complete the upgrade appearance to suit the decal ..... But that's jus my 2cents man.
SNK3BTE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah see my main thing with my car is it looks like a stock gt but things are a different story when I floor it and I smoke some guy in a vette and he gives me the thumbs up and guys are like Damn I had no idea what's in that thing but I just like the look of the decal but I have no plans in trying to clone a Saleen mustang

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 03:44 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK3BTE04
Me personally I'd say no .... But I would put a "Saleen SC" decal maybe on the small side window though just to claim the blower you have. You have a beast ride with the GT & addition w/the Saleen blower so don't over state it. If you plan to "clone" the car then maybe if you complete the upgrade appearance to suit the decal ..... But that's jus my 2cents man.
Don't put the SC part. Why tell people what's under your hood? Let them find out the same way as the dude in the Vette. Haha

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

As for the decal why not? You do have the Saleen Sc. Its not like you're claiming you have a Saleen. Just don't put the S281 emblems on it but you said you weren't planning on making it a clone so you're all good.
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:19 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
It's your car man. Who gives a crap what anyone says? If you like it. Do it. Simple as that. You've got pretty much the most expensive part of a saleen car in the supercharger anyways. All of the same people who will criticize you are the same people who if they had a Paxton blower on their car would have a Paxton decal on their car. I say if you like it. Throw the decal on it.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I say if you're willing to spend that much on a supercharger then it's your right to flaunt that decal lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I have the saleen black out panel on my car. I love it on the back so when I fly by cars they are like oh sh¡T. Ha now if we didn't have saleen parts on our cars we would be considered tools
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZYFAST
Yeah see my main thing with my car is it looks like a stock gt but things are a different story when I floor it and I smoke some guy in a vette and he gives me the thumbs up and guys are like Damn I had no idea what's in that thing but I just like the look of the decal but I have no plans in trying to clone a Saleen mustang
See, that's even more reason NOT to put that windshield decal on bro. Again, it's your ride to do what you want but I was just given my opinion.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death

Don't put the SC part. Why tell people what's under your hood? Let them find out the same way as the dude in the Vette. Haha

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

As for the decal why not? You do have the Saleen Sc. Its not like you're claiming you have a Saleen. Just don't put the S281 emblems on it but you said you weren't planning on making it a clone so you're all good.
So a Saleen decal on the windshield wouldn't make people wonder if he's packing a SC? Considering a Saleens pack SC anyways. Just curious about that one man
Old 03-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I hate decals ... **** being a driving advertisement for someone. I'm pissed enough that my new wheels have "American Muscle" centercaps in them and I have to buy new centercaps just to not advertise their **** everywhere I go. Not that I don't like AM, I'm surely one of their biggest advocates, but I don't advertise for free.

Also, I think putting stickers, windshield banners, etc on your car is a very ricer thing to do.

TL;DR - yes.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #12
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

IMHO.....windshield banners are garbage. When I bought my Cobra it had a windshield banner and my first mod was to peel that S.O.B. Off.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
I hate decals ... **** being a driving advertisement for someone. I'm pissed enough that my new wheels have "American Muscle" centercaps in them and I have to buy new centercaps just to not advertise their **** everywhere I go. Not that I don't like AM, I'm surely one of their biggest advocates, but I don't advertise for free.

Also, I think putting stickers, windshield banners, etc on your car is a very ricer thing to do.

TL;DR - yes.
same here. The only badging on my car is the 5.0, ford center caps and soon my new rear emblem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3861892958.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	403.9 KB
ID:	43025  
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Alright thanks guys, I just wasn't sure how the flip works as long has you have the part that makes it fast why not display if I want to ok got it, yeah I just wanted the decal, no emblems but I do like the front bumper for the 2010 Saleen it would open up more for my intercooler but other then that parts keeping the same body and emblems

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Bottom line, is it's up to you. Do whatever you like and think looks good ... we're just a bunch of internet tough-guys and there's no real reason to give a crap what we think.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Well I usually don't ask many questions on here because I usually buy parts that are proven to be the best, but just something about how a mustang looks can either make someone like your car or hate it, but hey its not bad being the villain sometimes. I don't know if ill put it on but if I decided to just wondering how dumb it would be on a non-Saleen car technically.

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZYFAST View Post
Well I usually don't ask many questions on here because I usually buy parts that are proven to be the best, but just something about how a mustang looks can either make someone like your car or hate it, but hey its not bad being the villain sometimes. I don't know if ill put it on but if I decided to just wondering how dumb it would be on a non-Saleen car technically.
besides just not liking decals, if you put it on a car with the heart of a saleen I think it would be fine. like putting boss on a new 5.0, same heart different wrapping.
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta vt

besides just not liking decals, if you put it on a car with the heart of a saleen I think it would be fine. like putting boss on a new 5.0, same heart different wrapping.
+1 alright it makes sense thanks for the input guys, just didn't want to be that mustang driver that people look at and go....omg here comes that tool again!

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #19
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
+1 alright it makes sense thanks for the input guys, just didn't want to be that mustang driver that people look at and go....omg here comes that tool again!
no, no.... ur fine dude. im that tool everyone is talkn bout, not u lol. forgot u were tryn to go low pro...sorta.

i got the big hood and set off car alarms at idle, so i do a lil rice on my window

racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
Old 03-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #20
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	stang window.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	43027  

Old 03-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK3BTE04
So a Saleen decal on the windshield wouldn't make people wonder if he's packing a SC? Considering a Saleens pack SC anyways. Just curious about that one man
You do know not all Saleens are supercharged right?
Old 03-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #22
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death View Post
i was gonna mention that....

Old 03-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

i was gonna mention that....
Thanks for the back up. Haha

2011 Saleen s302 w/ 425 naurally aspirated hp http://www.saleen.com/vehicles/S302/
Old 03-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death

Lol yeah man I know that. That's why I said " have people wondering IF he was packing a SC". I've driven Stangs for 14 yrs so yes I know a little bit about them.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #25
Titus Wadicus
Regular

i had a buddy that had a saleen... looked bad ***... he poped the hood and there was a n/a 6cyl. i was like, and how much did u pay for this slow thing wit springs and a body kit?

i guess his car would been a stage 1 or stage 2 or something...idk

Old 03-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris
It's your car man. Who gives a crap what anyone says? If you like it. Do it. Simple as that. You've got pretty much the most expensive part of a saleen car in the supercharger anyways. All of the same people who will criticize you are the same people who if they had a Paxton blower on their car would have a Paxton decal on their car. I say if you like it. Throw the decal on it.
This.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx
i had a buddy that had a saleen... looked bad ***... he poped the hood and there was a n/a 6cyl. i was like, and how much did u pay for this slow thing wit springs and a body kit?

i guess his car would been a stage 1 or stage 2 or something...idk
What year was it? Saleen offered the v6 in 1994,1996-2000
Old 03-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

V6 Sport
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1994_Saleen_V6_Sport.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	43032  
Old 03-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #29
Road Trip!

Region: Texas

I agree its your car do what you want. I am not big into stickers and crap. I only have our CC on mine in the back windows.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I think its cool i would imo. Depends some stickers are cool others lame. I want to put the midnight club sticker on my car but no one knows who they are and im also not part of that group so it would be a lie lol
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I just didn't want to put it on my car since its not a Saleen, but like I said it has the power of the Saleen, just didn't know how to judge that.

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZYFAST
Yeah I just didn't want to put it on my car since its not a Saleen, but like I said it has the power of the Saleen, just didn't know how to judge that.
Let the STANG do the talking and not a windshield sticker !!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

NO!! No at all. Be a sleeper.I like class and taste with my cars mods.If it's a dragstrip car only then thats another story.JMO
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #34
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana
I agree with the sleeper idea. Let them find out the hard way
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #35

Region: Arizona
Don't claim you have something that isn't. Saleen sc decal is just fine
thamac15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT