2 Power adding kits, one i will purchase at the end - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2012, 04:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
2 Power adding kits, one i will purchase at the end

I just got into Japan for a port call so hello to everyone again I hope all of you are doing well. I was set on buying the blow by racing Edelbroch supercharger kit which boosts 637 hp at 10psi of boost. When I visited blow by racing's website I saw something that had changed my thought process a little bit because hellion brought out a twin turbo kit the call the elminator that boosts better specs at 7 psi of boost. Overall I have decided that 10 psi of boost is the magic number and even though its only an added 3 psi I know the specs on it will be ridiculous. Back to my question though, which one is the better overall choice? I know that I will be purchasing a jackal fuel pump to prevent lean conditions on my engine and i know that the turbo kit definitely leaves room for expansion when it comes to the bug, however I am wondering what else I would need to add with that turbo kit and if I will have any future headaches that I could prevent now by making all the added purchases I am not thinking of right now.

I already have a new clutch at home waiting for me so the additions would be engine only modifications I am asking about. I am just wanting to make sure that if i do decide to go twin turbo that I do it right so I don't have to go back and buy something else to be successful at 10psi.

hellion twin turbo kit
2011-12 Mustang HELLION Twin Turbo Kit - Tuner

edelbroch supercharger kit
BBR / E-Force 2011-2012 Mustang GT Supercharger Package

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: 2 Power adding kits, one i will purchase at the end

Be careful with the Hellion ... a few people have lost their blocks to that kit (including someone I know personally). The Edelbrock kit is very safe, Roush blower would be a good choice as well since it can put down serious numbers with some tuning.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
I suggest doing some research about the hellion kits on these cars. No one has had anything good to say about them but BBR and hellion. People have bought them and had major issues. Also do some research on BBR as they are junk. Once get your money they could give two craps about you. I know from experiance. As well as many others.

Now I would also look at the Roush over the Edelbrock blower. VMP has some great deals on them and has mastered the tuning for them.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Further more 7k for a TT set up that is unproven in anyway should tell you something. They selling as a tuner kit also. So no injectors, tune come with it.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
I suggest doing some research about the hellion kits on these cars. No one has had anything good to say about them but BBR and hellion. People have bought them and had major issues. Also do some research on BBR as they are junk. Once get your money they could give two craps about you. I know from experiance. As well as many others.

Now I would also look at the Roush over the Edelbrock blower. VMP has some great deals on them and has mastered the tuning for them.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Further more 7k for a TT set up that is unproven in anyway should tell you something. They selling as a tuner kit also. So no injectors, tune come with it.
Agreed.

Good to see you greG
Old 03-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

thanks for the help!! I think I am going to stick with the supercharger route. I will take a look at vmp before making my final decision but yeah i chose the edelbroch because torque numbers were a little higher then the roush and my goal is high 600s on hp and breaking 600 on torque.

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
Old 03-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I would say rough or whipple or even vortec they those 3 are known super chargers that are pretty good. Maybe even try American muscles Chargers that they sell. They sell reliable good products.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx
I would say rough or whipple or even vortec they those 3 are known super chargers that are pretty good. Maybe even try American muscles Chargers that they sell. They sell reliable good products.
Go with the paxton over vortech. Its a bigger blower and priced cheaper. Etter head unit over vortech. The paxton has made 1000whp without having to upgrade head units. .

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy
thanks for the help!! I think I am going to stick with the supercharger route. I will take a look at vmp before making my final decision but yeah i chose the edelbroch because torque numbers were a little higher then the roush and my goal is high 600s on hp and breaking 600 on torque.
Understand. But also look at what each one is actually doing as 1/4 mile, street manners. Also the have upgrades for the roush.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:41 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

So I am looking at the roush kit on eve performance at 9 psi (700 hp) kit. I am thinking that this is the one to go with as long as they can send an email back to me in a respectable amount of time with the answers to my questions. Customer service comes first in my book so we shall see!!

Old 03-10-2012, 04:47 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I was reading up in hellion turbos. There's a kit that boosts 5.0 to 600 hp from stock and is capable of getting 1200 hp with a built engine.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx
I was reading up in hellion turbos. There's a kit that boosts 5.0 to 600 hp from stock and is capable of getting 1200 hp with a built engine.
Believe that if you want.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy
So I am looking at the roush kit on eve performance at 9 psi (700 hp) kit. I am thinking that this is the one to go with as long as they can send an email back to me in a respectable amount of time with the answers to my questions. Customer service comes first in my book so we shall see!!
Agree. Evolution is known for bad customer service unless spending lots of money. As mentioned vmp is the roush masters. Justin is one the best tuners in the country.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Believe that if you want.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Agree. Evolution is known for bad customer service unless spending lots of money. As mentioned vmp is the roush masters. Justin is one the best tuners in the country.
Don't think a big company like hellion would advertise fake numbers like that. It may not be exact but it's around there. Most bolt on supercharges boost stock to around 550 so why wouldn't a turbo be able to do that
Old 03-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx View Post
Don't think a big company like hellion would advertise fake numbers like that. It may not be exact but it's around there. Most bolt on supercharges boost stock to around 550 so why wouldn't a turbo be able to do that
Hllion has made all kinds of claims with there turbo kits with the 2011+ mustangs. Yet no one but BBR and Hellion has yet to get one to even run right once they buy one. Look on S197 as the 4 or so guys that have bought one from BBR and had all kinds of issues with it. Then on one guy bought one and had to change all kinds of stuff to get it to actually work with no issues. And most SC kits are making close to 600whp with nothing but a good tune and the blower. Turbo can easily make the power. But seems Hellion isn't the turbo system to have with these cars. Heck every one I knwo with a Hellion turbo system on there cars have modified it or gotten rid of it for a blower. If you really want a turbo system go with ones that have been proven to work or these cars. Power by the Hour TT system, JPC's System, Fastlanes system.

Ask your self this. How cme Hellion or BBr has yet to run there cars down t he track? All you seem them do is spam the internet with dyno sheets and hear say.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Alright, So I finally pulled the trigger and I didn't decide on either of the two i posted on here. I did a little more research and talked to evolution a couple times and came to the conclusion to go Whipple. Twin screw cooler air then the eaton positive displacement safer overall on the engine. Plus even though it is really a small amount, same numbers as the roush on .2 psi less boost. Arugably nothing at all, but when it comes to making a stock block last .2 could mean the world. Regardless here is the link for the kit. Now only a month of waiting in antcipation until i can move forward with my build.

Whipple 2011-2012 Mustang GT/BOSS 302 5.0L Black 2.3L Supercharger Kit 700HP [WK-200784B-EVO-700] - $7,399.00 : Evolution Performance, Performance Parts & Accessories - Ford Mustang & Shelby Experts

Glad to be saying "Going Blown"

Old 03-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #14
Road Trip!

Welcome to the club. Whipple's are nice blowers. I'm sure you will be happy.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

thanks!!! I just need to find a new strut mount bracket under the hood that will fit over the whipple now and i will have everything then

Old 03-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
thanks!!! I just need to find a new strut mount bracket under the hood that will fit over the whipple now and i will have everything then
The 05-09 GT500 will fit as well as the BMR will fit if remeber correct on the BMR one.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
The 05-09 GT500 will fit as well as the BMR will fit if remeber correct on the BMR one.
Thanks bud i will check it out

Old 03-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
Alright, So I finally pulled the trigger and I didn't decide on either of the two i posted on here. I did a little more research and talked to evolution a couple times and came to the conclusion to go Whipple. Twin screw cooler air then the eaton positive displacement safer overall on the engine. Plus even though it is really a small amount, same numbers as the roush on .2 psi less boost. Arugably nothing at all, but when it comes to making a stock block last .2 could mean the world. Regardless here is the link for the kit. Now only a month of waiting in antcipation until i can move forward with my build.

Whipple 2011-2012 Mustang GT/BOSS 302 5.0L Black 2.3L Supercharger Kit 700HP [WK-200784B-EVO-700] - $7,399.00 : Evolution Performance, Performance Parts & Accessories - Ford Mustang & Shelby Experts

Glad to be saying "Going Blown"
Nice...Glad to hear you are keeping it safe. I went a little safer and got the Ford Racing Supercharger 525hp...Whipple of course. Look forward to seeing the install, dyno and numbers. As I will post mine in a couple of months. Congrats!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #19
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

Nice...Glad to hear you are keeping it safe. I went a little safer and got the Ford Racing Supercharger 525hp...Whipple of course. Look forward to seeing the install, dyno and numbers. As I will post mine in a couple of months. Congrats!
Are you having Ford install to keep warranty?
Old 03-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Are you having Ford install to keep warranty?
Yes I am. I figure with just over 2000 miles on the Pony and having it for 6 months now I need a little more warranty time. Plus I'm not looking for an extreme amount of power. I was looking at going NA and having things installed, etc...I'd just a couple grand below going with the S/C. But then again after the 12 months/12,000 miles anything can happen.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Ford dealership is going to charge u a arm and a leg unless u know someone there that can get u a good deal like I did
Blackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat View Post
Ford dealership is going to charge u a arm and a leg unless u know someone there that can get u a good deal like I did
What's an arm and a leg in dollars?
Old 03-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Well as everyone knows the dealership charges alot for labor and I dont know exactly how much they will charge I got mine for free I just paid for the parts and I got the supercharger as a Christmas present
Old 03-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat View Post
Well as everyone knows the dealership charges alot for labor and I dont know exactly how much they will charge I got mine for free I just paid for the parts and I got the supercharger as a Christmas present
Nice...that's probably the best deal. I've got a quote from my dealer. I'm happy with it. Plus I know it will be done right and if there any issues, they take care of it.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Yes exactly I have 100k warrenty still so I'm set for a very long time
Old 03-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
Yeah I will keep you informed. It will be about a month before I get back and can really get started on it but after that i will have photos dynos etc. The one thing i like is that later on if i still have the bug which i probably will i still have one pully to upgrade to which generates 12 psi, but that will not be happening on a stock block. The twin screw set up will work out quite well especially with the boost coming out of the charger a little cooler and more consistent we will see I am looking forward to it and sux thati have to wait

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT