Mods that dont void the warranty - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderstang
What sucks is Ford markets this car to go fast. They know 90% of buyers are going to customize there stangs! If they can get out of it they will!
You really believe that 90% of Mustang owners mod their cars? I think your sample for that statistic is a bit skewed and it's more likely the other way around. I don't even know that 90% of the people on these boards have modded their mustangs, and nowhere near any significant amount of the mustang owning population is even represented by the cumulative membership of here, AFM, MF and S197 combined. Realistically, how many people are we talking about... Maybe 20k? There are more Mustangs sold every year. Just saying...
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

You really believe that 90% of Mustang owners mod their cars? I think your sample for that statistic is a bit skewed and it's more likely the other way around. I don't even know that 90% of the people on these boards have modded their mustangs, and nowhere near any significant amount of the mustang owning population is even represented by the cumulative membership of here, AFM, MF and S197 combined. Realistically, how many people are we talking about... Maybe 20k? There are more Mustangs sold every year. Just saying...
My guess would more like only 25% mod their Mustangs!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

My guess would more like only 25% mod their Mustangs!..
Maybe if you count things like wheels, tint, and sequential tail lights as mods there is a chance it's that high.
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 02:13 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Lol really?! I don't think he was giving actual numbers.. And I would say the memberships between all the mustang forums combined account for a fairly significant amount of mustang owners.. Do you really think this guy thinks 90% of mustangs are modded?!?! Seriously dude get a grip.. And don't take everything so literally!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT

Lol really?! I don't think he was giving actual numbers.. And I would say the memberships between all the mustang forums combined account for a fairly significant amount of mustang owners.. Do you really think this guy thinks 90% of mustangs are modded?!?! Seriously dude get a grip.. And don't take everything so literally!
Well that is what he said. Not sure why he said it if he meant something else.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I was just making a statement. Didn't know I had to give actual numbers to make a point. Go to any mustang club and the chance you will find a 100% stock mustang is slim. The average person doesn't buy a 412 hp car and leave it stock! Chew on that!
Raiderstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Mods that dont void the warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderstang View Post
I was just making a statement. Didn't know I had to give actual numbers to make a point. Go to any mustang club and the chance you will find a 100% stock mustang is slim. The average person doesn't buy a 412 hp car and leave it stock! Chew on that!
Yeah, I go to shows all summer with about half a dozen mustang clubs from three different states and almost all of them are stock.

I see tons of Mustangs driving all over the place that are clearly not modified. I know you're desperate to be right on this, but the fact of it is that most people buy cars as transportation and not to tinker with them.

I'm also going to point out that even the Mustangs that you see show up to "clubs" or car shows are the minority of owners. There are many of these things that are bought, driven, then sold. Nothing more.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Stay stock! Average is not me! It's a canvas and I'm an artist!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Rofl look at my sig dude. I'm not anywhere close to stock. I'm just trying to say that we are the exception to the majority of Mustang owners, not the norm.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

That's cool bud!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
+11. What's a ride if you don't do some thing to make it your own??....
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #47
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

most anything you do COULD cause Ford to void the warranty sadly.... just how it is

you can usually slide a few things in as long as it doesnt require a re tune or is not anything super drastic (non look based).
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I can see why some may want to look for mods that would not void their warranties. Your 'stang as your daily driver is one good reason to be cautious with warranty-busting mods. If that's the case, go conservative with your mods. You may have to live with the stock engine calibration, throttle body, & induction box to maintain that engine coverage. If you are willing to spend the money on engine, drivetrain, or suspension mods don't be surprised if they don't cover it when another OEM part fails that they believe a mod is the cause of the failure. Suck it up & buy the OEM part yourself.

Case in point, my last Ford service I noticed that a few check boxes were marked in the YELLOW. The tech could tell I had a few mods(rear lower control arms, adjustable upper control arm, 3rd link mount, adjustable panhard bar, & brace). They were not saying that the mods are causing any premature wear on other parts, but MAY cause premature wear... In other words, if something breaks(U-joints, perhaps?) I need to crack open my own wallet!

For me, at least, I'm going to leave my engine pretty much intact... except for the Boss 302 oil pan, oil cooler, radiator, and alternator. Oh! And the ATI Damper. Replacing an engine or engine components looks to be very costly!
2011 Mustang GT Premium 401A Spec- Sterling Gray, aka "Graycie", 6-Speed MT, 3.73, Brembo Brake Package, Current Mods: FRPP-Brakelines/Brake Ducts/Alternator/Radiator/Oil Pan/Oil Cooler/Trans.Scoop/Alum.Axle Cover, Steeda-Sport Springs/3rd Link/Adj.UCA/Alum.LCA/Rel.Brackets/Adj.PHB & Brace/Adj.F&R Swaybars/Adj.Front Endlinks/HD Strut Mounts/X11 Ball Joint/Bumpsteer/CAI, Koni Sport Shocks, ATI Damper, MGW Shifter, Kooks Catback, Wavetrac Diff, Michelin Pilot Super Sport... 93 Octane Performance Tune by VMP
GrayGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

So what you are saying is my nitrous system will void my warranty??.....lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2644.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	44471  
white2011gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #50
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by white2011gt
So what you are saying is my nitrous system will void my warranty??.....lol
Nope still in full warranty. Just like me
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT