SLP headers are in!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
SLP headers are in!!!

Hey guys just got my SLP headers in (bought the 1800 kit from AM) I'll post pics as soon as I put them in next weekend. Anyone know where I can find an install guide? I've looked everywhere! I already have the SLP loud mouth axle backs, I'll let you guys know how this sounds once I get them bolted. Looks like I'm gonna be the first one to write a review on AM .
SkoSter06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: SLP headers are in!!!

Do you have access to a lift?
Mr Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I'm sure it'll sound like a beast!! Gotta get a vid when they're on!
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I'll get u guys a video! And yes I have access to a lift and all the tools I need. Doesn't seem like anyone has put this kit on their new 5.0 yet so I can't find anything for install. YouTube was not even helpful, and it never fails!
Old 03-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

From what I've seen online at other forums and YouTube your going to have to put it on the lift and actually jack the motor up off the mounts a couple inches and take off a piece of the steering column
Mr Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Long tube? I'm very interested in hearing your setup. I have Roush axle backs with a x pipe, but I'd like more sound. More power is always welcome too.
Mich mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich mustang View Post
Long tube? I'm very interested in hearing your setup. I have Roush axle backs with a x pipe, but I'd like more sound. More power is always welcome too.
No ****? I have the Roush axlebacks with an offroad x-pipe and it's Nascar loud. Any louder and I don't think you could drive it in an urban area.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:52 PM   #8

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

No ****? I have the Roush axlebacks with an offroad x-pipe and it's Nascar loud. Any louder and I don't think you could drive it in an urban area.
Which x pipes did you get? I'm deploying in a few weeks, so I'm thinking of toys I want when I get home. I have the roush axle backs too (highly recommended) and a little louder would be pretty nice. )
Darenc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darenc86 View Post
Which x pipes did you get? I'm deploying in a few weeks, so I'm thinking of toys I want when I get home. I have the roush axle backs too (highly recommended) and a little louder would be pretty nice. )
I have the UPR offroad X, there are video links in my sig, but it is WAY louder in person.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #10

Quote:

I have the UPR offroad X, there are video links in my sig, but it is WAY louder in person.
Easy install? I will have to check that out.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darenc86 View Post
Easy install? I will have to check that out.
Not too bad ... you need the right tools though. I had to use two extensions and a swivel socket to get to the bolts/nuts on the passenger side.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

This is the video you need to see. Crank your speakers loud as **** and you MIGHT have an idea how intense this is. When I start it up in that garage it shakes the floor on the other side of the wall.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #12

Nice. I like it a lot. Definitely has that distinct roush sound when you rev the gas. Love it.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darenc86
Nice. I like it a lot. Definitely has that distinct roush sound when you rev the gas. Love it.
I'm telling you it's a head turner. I was making a left turn through an intersection today and some guy honked his horn at me just to give me thumbs up. I wasn't even getting on it, just your typical 2-2.5k city acceleration.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #14

Haha. That's awesome. There's nothing like a mustang with a good exhaust set up.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My big mistake was buying an after cat x pipe (ford racing). I think it actually mellowed the sound. I'm gonna switch it to an off road x pipe. I think that would wake her up. Just need to find some spare cash without the wife catching on, she just doesn't understand. Also need to install springs I've had for two weeks. Lazy disease.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Won't ever be real loud until you lose the cats...
Old 03-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Is there a way to remove cats without a tune? Only have 5k miles on her and I'd like to keep my warranty. Could put cats back on if need be but a tune kills warranty.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich mustang
Is there a way to remove cats without a tune? Only have 5k miles on her and I'd like to keep my warranty. Could put cats back on if need be but a tune kills warranty.
Out of luck w/o a tune...
Old 03-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #19
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich mustang View Post
With no tune you will throw a cell. When remove cats you need to shut off the rear O2 sensors.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

With no tune you will throw a cell. When remove cats you need to shut off the rear O2 sensors.
There has to be a way to trick the rear o2 sensor. The rear sensor is looking for "cleaner air" than the forward sensor. Open air is cleaner. My idea would be to leave sensor hooked up and grounded but attached by zip tie out of the way. Not sure what would happen if it doesn't work. Codes stored? As bad as a tune for Ford?
Old 03-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Putting them in Saturday, my helper bailed on me so I'm going in solo. I don't have the patience to wait another weekend. I'll post pics Sunday
Old 03-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich mustang

There has to be a way to trick the rear o2 sensor. The rear sensor is looking for "cleaner air" than the forward sensor. Open air is cleaner. My idea would be to leave sensor hooked up and grounded but attached by zip tie out of the way. Not sure what would happen if it doesn't work. Codes stored? As bad as a tune for Ford?
I haven't heard or seen anyone do that... So therefore I wouldn't suggest it lol.. Im sure Ford wouldnt be happy about it either..
Old 03-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Ok guys, worked on it for 7 straight hours today, busted up every one of my knuckles, and dropped probably 200 F-bombs. Still don't have it done, everything is ripped out, putting in the new stuff tomorrow. I gotta say, this isn't easy, I'm doing it all alone. Ford definitely wants to discourage anyone attempting this in their garage but how hard it is. A LOT of things have to come apart and the disassembly time is very long and frustrating. Every bolt is difficult to get to. Everything is metric and the same motor mount uses two different sizes. I'm sure it will all be worth it once I tune it and fire her up tomorrow. CAN'T WAIT!!!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoSter06
Ok guys, worked on it for 7 straight hours today, busted up every one of my knuckles, and dropped probably 200 F-bombs. Still don't have it done, everything is ripped out, putting in the new stuff tomorrow. I gotta say, this isn't easy, I'm doing it all alone. Ford definitely wants to discourage anyone attempting this in their garage but how hard it is. A LOT of things have to come apart and the disassembly time is very long and frustrating. Every bolt is difficult to get to. Everything is metric and the same motor mount uses two different sizes. I'm sure it will all be worth it once I tune it and fire her up tomorrow. CAN'T WAIT!!!
It will be worth the trouble bro! I love my exhaust I have the SW LT's and o/r x pipe and would. It have it any other way! :metal:
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #25
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Only 200 F bombs? You must be doing something right then,lol.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
+1 haha

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
+1 at least installing them yourself, you know some idiot didn't cross thread any bolts. With the really hard to get to bolts, it could happened really easy.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoSter06
Doing on the garage floor sucks. Thankfully I know people with lifts.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Doing on the garage floor sucks. Thankfully I know people with lifts.
I had a lift,still suz. A lift and a ladder isn't much better.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT