Precut tinted tail lights - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Precut tinted tail lights

Anybody have the tail light tints from AM or Stangmods?? I'm thinking about getting one of those but not sure about the quality/cut of either if those.... anyone have close-up pics with any feedback of how good those tints are? ?
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I have the tint package from stangmods. Will have to get some close ups for u tomorrow. The rear tails will need a lil adjusting but overall they are pretty good.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I was looking at ur pics and that's what gave me the idea :-p... yea close up pics would be cool thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

The rears are not perfect but I still like them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-583195365.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	541.2 KB
ID:	43224

These are the rest of the other lenses except the middle brake light.

Name:	image-611035056.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	445.1 KB
ID:	43225

Name:	image-2764271643.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	439.8 KB
ID:	43226

Name:	image-2879542885.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	468.9 KB
ID:	43227

Name:	image-2050377381.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	406.7 KB
ID:	43228
Old 03-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Nice! I am probably going to get my lights painted but that tint looks pretty good. Thanks for the pics
Ap0cLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo

They look pretty good actually did u paint anything? Like on the edges, or is the cut that good?

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Wait nevermind, I'm looking at it with more detail and see the cuts... did u trim at all?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have the tint package from stangmods. Will have to get some close ups for u tomorrow. The rear tails will need a lil adjusting but overall they are pretty good.
[QUOTE="Benzo"]The rears are not perfect but I still like them.

Hard to tell from the pic... but is there alot of orange Peel? Is it fairly glossy?
Old 03-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2

They look pretty good actually did u paint anything? Like on the edges, or is the cut that good?

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Wait nevermind, I'm looking at it with more detail and see the cuts... did u trim at all?
No trimming just took them out the package and installed! And did not paint anything. You can't reverse paint but if you want you can peel the tint off.(food for thought).
Old 03-13-2012, 06:56 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

When u orderd the rears from stangmod did u choose smoked or blacked out? They look great, your stang looks mint
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G

When u orderd the rears from stangmod did u choose smoked or blacked out? They look great, your stang looks mint
Thanks bud! I ordered the blackout kit with smoked fogs.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks bud! I ordered the blackout kit with smoked fogs.
I just orderd them right now dude lol couldnt resist... I got all the tailights and signal markers blacked out im keeping the fogs and driving lights stock I cant wait ....were they difficult to instal..how were the tailight instal?
Old 03-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I just orderd them right now dude lol couldnt resist... I got all the tailights and signal markers blacked out im keeping the fogs and driving lights stock I cant wait ....were they difficult to instal..how were the tailight instal?
Tails are a lil bit of a pain but take your time and it will be all good all the others where easy. I got the smoked for the fogs and the headlights! :metal:
Old 03-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Tails are a lil bit of a pain but take your time and it will be all good all the others where easy. I got the smoked for the fogs and the headlights! :metal:
Minnt im just worried about the tails giving me trouble...ive heard people needed to buy a second set cause they screwed up the first set but hopefully everything goes good when mine arrive and do u need to soap the lights when applying them?
Old 03-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

All I did was Give them a good cleaning and dried them off then applied the tint!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:

Minnt im just worried about the tails giving me trouble...ive heard people needed to buy a second set cause they screwed up the first set but hopefully everything goes good when mine arrive and do u need to soap the lights when applying them?
I would suggest soapy water... That's the best way to not ruin them as you can move them around wherever you want and not worry about it sticking and stretching when you pull it off... I've never done the precut ones.. We just have a giant roll that we cut off of and have to cut and shape it ourselves... Not the easiest thing to do.. I'm assuming those are also preformed somewhat too so that will make it a lot easier..
Old 03-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT

I would suggest soapy water... That's the best way to not ruin them as you can move them around wherever you want and not worry about it sticking and stretching when you pull it off... I've never done the precut ones.. We just have a giant roll that we cut off of and have to cut and shape it ourselves... Not the easiest thing to do.. I'm assuming those are also preformed somewhat too so that will make it a lot easier..
Do u apply the sticky side to the soapy tail light ? And then use a hair dryer? Wont the sticky party mess up when wet
Old 03-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Do u apply the sticky side to the soapy tail light ? And then use a hair dryer? Wont the sticky party mess up when wet
No it won't thats how window tint, decals, stickers, etc are applied... You squeegee all the water out.. A heat gun not a hair dryer.. But don't get too hot..
Old 03-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No it won't thats how window tint, decals, stickers, etc are applied... You squeegee all the water out.. A heat gun not a hair dryer.. But don't get too hot..
The precut tint is very thick and doesn't stretch easy. I never installed tint or any decals ever in my life before and still installed the tint with out messing it up and I didn't use soapy water. Good luck with that soapy water!lol
Old 03-16-2012, 02:35 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The precut tint is very thick and doesn't stretch easy. I never installed tint or any decals ever in my life before and still installed the tint with out messing it up and I didn't use soapy water. Good luck with that soapy water!lol
I do this for a living.. I've messed with several different brands of it and several diff methods of applying it and other graphics.. I promise that is the easiest way.. And no it won't stretch very well without a heat gun.. I'm not saying it can't be done dry just that it's not as easy and much easier to mess something up.. And obviously it is easy to mess up bc he stated that several people told him to order two sets bc they messed theirs up.. I'm just lending my knowledge and experience..
Old 03-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I do this for a living.. I've messed with several different brands of it and several diff methods of applying it and other graphics.. I promise that is the easiest way.. And no it won't stretch very well without a heat gun.. I'm not saying it can't be done dry just that it's not as easy and much easier to mess something up.. And obviously it is easy to mess up bc he stated that several people told him to order two sets bc they messed theirs up.. I'm just lending my knowledge and experience..
Guys thank you for your help....when the tints arrive i will let you all no how it goes... Thank you both for the advice
Old 03-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not saying anything negative about your methods just that I never seen it do like that maybe I'll try this when I get my hood spears. Can you give me a run down on how you do it?
Old 03-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not saying anything negative about your methods just that I never seen it do like that maybe I'll try this when I get my hood spears. Can you give me a run down on how you do it?
You bet.. Clean the area(obviously), spray both the car and the vinyl w the soapy water(we use dawn at work), then you can just lay it on there and position it exactly where you want it, once it's there carefully start to squeegee out the water(carefully bc it will move really easily until you get some of the water out).. Then go over w a heat gun or just let it sit out in the sun a few hours... Don't wash for a a day...
Old 03-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Cool thanks!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Looks great guys! Just wandering if you have ran into any problems with the Po Po? I want to do this I'm just gun shy! Thanks
Raiderstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderstang
Looks great guys! Just wandering if you have ran into any problems with the Po Po? I want to do this I'm just gun shy! Thanks
Not one! I even got out of a ticket cuz the cop liked my car:metal:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT