P0303 2011 GT after clutch replacement - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #1

Region: California
P0303 2011 GT after clutch replacement

Ford just replaced my clutch / flywheel due to manufacturing defect that led to impossible shifting. I have a Boss 302 intake manifold and a CAI installed as well as a 91 octane Bama tune. When I got the car back it started misfiring and throwing p0303 around 5k RPM. I made sure the tune was still in tact by re flashing, but still have the problem. The car has 22k miles on it and has had the intake and CAI for about 15k. It's never been a problem until now. Not sure what needs to be disassembled to replace the clutch / flywheel - is it possible something could have gone wrong during that process that could lead to the issues I'm experiencing?
ryanast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
There's something that has to be re timed. The ecu detects misfires with the flywheel and ford is notorious for missing this step. It's been discussed a few times before but im not sure if it was on this forum or not. A google search should turn it up.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
The cam sensor needs to be reset. It goes off the flywheel.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It might be a crank sensor on the flywheel but I don't think it would be a cam sensor
SSC182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Re: P0303 2011 GT after clutch replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSC182 View Post
It might be a crank sensor on the flywheel but I don't think it would be a cam sensor
Thanks that is right. I was at shop installing my stall didn't realize I put cam..It is crank sensor.

Any way ford says any time you do a clutch/stall/balancer you should do a relearn for it. There is a TSB about it I need to find. You need a Ford Procal to do it or take to dealer.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:04 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Thanks that is right. I was at shop installing my stall didn't realize I put cam..It is crank sensor.

Any way ford says any time you do a clutch/stall/balancer you should do a relearn for it. There is a TSB about it I need to find. You need a Ford Procal to do it or take to dealer.
I think you guys are correct about the crank sensor.......Hold dealer to the issue.they should know but you need to drop the hint as to what it is.Where are you located?
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
I think you guys are correct about the crank sensor.......Hold dealer to the issue.they should know but you need to drop the hint as to what it is.Where are you located?
I mentioned the TSB to them and they said they are sure they already did the reprogramming. Either way, when I get home from vacation on Monday I'll head up thereandhave the do it again. I'm in North Hollywood, CA.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #8

So I just left the dealership. They said they re programmed the crank sensor, but needed to re-flash the ECU, overwriting the custom tune I had installed. I used my SCT to install the custom tune and was feeling good. On my drive to work I got a flashing CEL and a loss of power that was similar to what was happening when I got the P0303. This happened several times during the drive, but the CEL would only flash, never stay on. Does the custom SCT tune overwrite the crank sensor programming, or does it seem like they didn't perform the sensor programming correctly?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanast
So I just left the dealership. They said they re programmed the crank sensor, but needed to re-flash the ECU, overwriting the custom tune I had installed. I used my SCT to install the custom tune and was feeling good. On my drive to work I got a flashing CEL and a loss of power that was similar to what was happening when I got the P0303. This happened several times during the drive, but the CEL would only flash, never stay on. Does the custom SCT tune overwrite the crank sensor programming, or does it seem like they didn't perform the sensor programming correctly?
Did you check to see if code would pull up? The dealer can see what code was stored even if you can't. This kept happening to me. They ended up replacing my computer.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #10

The SCT is not reading any codes. The CEL flashes but will not stay on. I have tried checking for codes while the CEL is flashing, but nothing is caught.

Do you have a custom tune? I imagine the SCT would need to be re-flashed if it is connecting to a new ECU.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanast
The SCT is not reading any codes. The CEL flashes but will not stay on. I have tried checking for codes while the CEL is flashing, but nothing is caught.

Do you have a custom tune? I imagine the SCT would need to be re-flashed if it is connecting to a new ECU.
No if they replace computer they will flash it to your car. It would be married tin your VIN with same computer code.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2011 gt