Get up and Go Problems - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Get up and Go Problems

Alright Iv been thinking something was wrong with my car since i put the tune and intake on it, thought i fixed it with a MAF problem but now i def know there is something wrong after driving a friend of mines car and hitting his throttle made the car get up and go instantly.

I have a 2012 GT 6MT Tune JLT CAI and Boss Intake.

I took the car to the track over the weekend and did a 12.7 hooking up jsut fine and shifting just fine....i did a 12.8 stock.........

Problem 1: Traction control turned itself on around the 8th mile mark.....why?!

Problem 2: My issue is when I well, stomp on it and shift gears.
When i shift into a gear it seems like the car loses power when i get back on the gas. Also when i start the car up it and start driving normally the car while accelerating loses power then gets it back so it feels like im tapping the throttle slightly.

Anyone else have any similar issues or hear anything like it?
SilverBullet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet12
Alright Iv been thinking something was wrong with my car since i put the tune and intake on it, thought i fixed it with a MAF problem but now i def know there is something wrong after driving a friend of mines car and hitting his throttle made the car get up and go instantly.

I took the car to the track over the weekend and did a 12.7 hooking up jsut fine and shifting just fine....i did a 12.8 stock.........

When i shift into a gear it seems like the car loses power when i get back on the gas. Also when i start the car up it and start driving normally the car while accelerating loses power then gets it back so it feels like im tapping the throttle slightly.

My tune has made mine jumpy, I know that has alot to do with the aggressive throttle response, but if I stomp it it just pulls for days, I can't say I've had issues with it losing power.

What you are describing sounds very similar to what my car does with TC on and I try to dump it while moving. Maybe you should have your tune redone. Sounds like a throttle/TC issue to me. I can't say for sure though, just seems like a good place to start.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Re: Get up and Go Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
My tune has made mine jumpy, I know that has alot to do with the aggressive throttle response, but if I stomp it it just pulls for days, I can't say I've had issues with it losing power.

What you are describing sounds very similar to what my car does with TC on and I try to dump it while moving. Maybe you should have your tune redone. Sounds like a throttle/TC issue to me. I can't say for sure though, just seems like a good place to start.
I was thinking that especially after it kicking in at 100mph and the light coming on.
SilverBullet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Reload the stock tune. Then reload your customer tune. See if that fixes it.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I also have a 6M with 3.73's. I have a bone stock car except for Roush Axelbacks. I notice if I bring the car to redline sometimes, it doesn't hit as hard. There is a lag when I go to the next gear. Any suggestions?
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnus
I also have a 6M with 3.73's. I have a bone stock car except for Roush Axelbacks. I notice if I bring the car to redline sometimes, it doesn't hit as hard. There is a lag when I go to the next gear. Any suggestions?
There shouldn't be no lag. Are you hitting limiter?
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Get up and Go Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet12 View Post

Sounds like you just tapped the button once and turned off TCS but left ESC on. A lot of people do this and think it's "coming back on" when in reality it was never completely off.

Problem 2 is likely a result of Problem 1.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

There shouldn't be no lag. Are you hitting limiter?
No...I'm not hitting limiter, it almost feels like the clutch slips. I can't pinpoint the problem. It could be ESC. I usually run my car in sport mode
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT