Rev from idle problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Rev from idle problem

I have had my 2012 5.0 for 2 months. I am having a problem with my car revving from an idle. I try to rev from an idle and it completley boggs. Like a carburated car flooding out. I have taken it to the dealership 3 times and they say there are no codes so there is nothing wrong. Going to take it back next week and see if someone will ride with me.
Anyone one having similiar issues?
CoyoteXII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Rev from idle problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteXII View Post
I have had my 2012 5.0 for 2 months. I am having a problem with my car revving from an idle. I try to rev from an idle and it completley boggs. Like a carburated car flooding out. I have taken it to the dealership 3 times and they say there are no codes so there is nothing wrong. Going to take it back next week and see if someone will ride with me.
Anyone one having similiar issues?
When you say revving, do you mean in neutral or in gear (under load). If it's only under load, chances are you're activating TCS or ECS. The systems will apply brakes and/or cut fuel to keep the wheels from spinning or the car from sliding. Try fully disabling the Advancetrak (Ford's nomenclature for the TCS/ECS systems) by bringing the car to a full stop, depressing the brake pedal with your foot off the throttle, and holding the traction control button on the center console for at least five seconds. You will see a message on the info center stating "ADVANCETRAK OFF."

Try to recreate the issue after this and see how it goes. My bet is that this will shed some light on your issue. You can also put the system in sport mode by depressing the brake pedal and tapping the button twice (works while moving). This will offer reduced intervention from the TCS and ECS systems.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #3

It is in neutral, just a push on the accelerator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteXII View Post
It is in neutral, just a push on the accelerator.
That's not good. I'd take it to a different dealer if possible.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #5

anytime i take off i give it a quick rev, but its gotten to where if there are people around i dont do it cause it is embarrising. It is a complete bog!!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Minebonly does that when i turn it on even when ita warmed up...if i turn it on and rev it quickly it flutters/bogs.... But that only once i turn it on.....after like 4 or 5 seconds if i rev it it fine and it only in neutral never when engaging a gear
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G View Post
Minebonly does that when i turn it on even when ita warmed up...if i turn it on and rev it quickly it flutters/bogs.... But that only once i turn it on.....after like 4 or 5 seconds if i rev it it fine and it only in neutral never when engaging a gear
I am interested in hearing what people say about this...mine also does this from time to time.

2012 kona blue gt, GT500 exhaust, tinted windows, J&M Panhard bar, Steeda Ultralites, Koni STR shocks and struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Performance shifter, Steeda Shifter Bracket, 20" Giovanna Monzas..damn I need more money!!
5pointOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #8

I took it back on Tuesday, and the shop foreman and I got in it and a attempted to rev it and it did what I had been describing to them. He said they thought I was talking about somthing else and had not encountered this before. He said he was going to get with his field rep and see what they needed to due, but seems to think it is going to be a programming issue in the computer. Supposed to get back with me this week. I will keep yall posted
Old 03-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
At about 2000 miles my car would lose power then get it back within a few seconds. The issue got worse to the point that I'd have very little power. Took to dealer. They re-flashed the computer and all is well since and I'm @ 5500 miles now.
Mich mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #10

So they still dont know whats going on. The field enginer says there is somthing called BOA (brake over acceleration) that might be causing it. Hooked it up to the computer and there were no updates availble. I think I am just going to tune it and see if that helps. Dont know what else to do. Wanted to get it fixed before I did anything for warranty reasons, but the shop foreman told me to do whatever to it and he would still take care of it.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteXII
So they still dont know whats going on. The field enginer says there is somthing called BOA (brake over acceleration) that might be causing it. Hooked it up to the computer and there were no updates availble. I think I am just going to tune it and see if that helps. Dont know what else to do. Wanted to get it fixed before I did anything for warranty reasons, but the shop foreman told me to do whatever to it and he would still take care of it.
If I were in your shoes I would wait before tuning. Just because the foreman said that doesn't mean he will. It would suck if you tune it then take it in to get it fixed just for them to say you have void your warranty.
Srohda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #12

thats true, thanks for the advice just getting kind of tired of it. like I said it is embarrassing to try and rev when people are around. I also think it has lost power. Just doesnt feel the same as it did when i originally drove it, and it has about 2200 miles on it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT