2013 questions - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
If I could afford a new GTR i would have one. That car is way more then a mustang GT/GT500. Right out the box runs low 11's. WIth a tune and exhuast runs constant low 10's. Then they have them in teh mid 8's now and still DD them like it was still stock. Still weighs 3900lbs launches liek crazy with its AWD and on the street is deadly with its perfect shifting.

I love my mustang but would traded it in a heart beat for a GTR. Sorry.
Um, duh. Who wouldn't? I said FOR HALF THE PRICE. You got $50k more for paddle shifters & +100hp, go for it. Thats a lot o ching for an extra 100hp, though. Like, $1,000 per 2 hp ching. The GT500 puts out 100hp more at the same curb weight and $35,000 less. And I didnt say I dont like them. I was talking about value. I actually like the GT-R better than the GT500 and I believe its out-of-the-box #s are a little better IIRC, but dont make it like theres no comparison. You cant get better performance in a production car today than in a Mustang, period.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: 2013 questions

whats a paddle shifter ?
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #38
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I would honestly still have to take a mustang GT over the GTR, even if I could afford it. If I had that much money is be gettin a loaded Z06 or ZR1

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #39
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman
Um, duh. Who wouldn't? I said FOR HALF THE PRICE. You got $50k more for paddle shifters & +100hp, go for it. Thats a lot o ching for an extra 100hp, though. Like, $1,000 per 2 hp ching. The GT500 puts out 100hp more at the same curb weight and $35,000 less. And I didnt say I dont like them. I was talking about value. I actually like the GT-R better than the GT500 and I believe its out-of-the-box #s are a little better IIRC, but dont make it like theres no comparison. You cant get better performance in a production car today than in a Mustang, period.
The GT500 or any other mustang runs the 1/4 as fast as the GTR stock. Nor do they handle as good on a road course. Plain and simple. You get a lot more then 100hp and paddle shifters for that 50k. The GTR is already loaded. Awd, tt, perfect engineering, no reason to change brakes, suspension. And a car that can pick up 100whp with just a tune and exhaust. No mustang does that. The GTR out shines cars 4x its value.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Saying you rather have a mustang GT over a GTR is just stupid sorry. That like saying I rather have a GT500 over a Lambo TT built by UndergroundRacing. And speaking of GT500 and Z06 this is what happens to them against a GTR all stock. It will be no different with the 2013 GT500 either. that is a promise.

wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
The GT500 or any other mustang runs the 1/4 as fast as the GTR stock. Nor do they handle as good on a road course. Plain and simple. You get a lot more then 100hp and paddle shifters for that 50k. The GTR is already loaded. Awd, tt, perfect engineering, no reason to change brakes, suspension. And a car that can pick up 100whp with just a tune and exhaust. No mustang does that. The GTR out shines cars 4x its value.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Saying you rather have a mustang GT over a GTR is just stupid sorry. And speaking of GT500 and Z06 this is what happens to them against a GTR all stock. It will be no different with the 2013 GT500 either. that is a promise.

Really? Its better than any $400,000 car? Now I KNOW you have no clue what youre talking about. And you obviously completely missed my point so Ill just let you continue to tell us all how the GT-R is God. It's mildly entertaining, with a stress on mildly. That is a promise.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

highly engineered? maybe...their DCT, TT, and bottom end has worked out great thus far. If they hold up over time, then I'd be more apt to agree with you. BUT, have fun doing simple maintenance(basically everything is stupid expensive). I went to a air strip event that was held for high end built cars, and only the ALPHA(I believe AMS?),beat almost all of them, and that kit is very costly. Others were getting beat by your Z06s', porshes, etc. Still expensive cars, but not GTR expensive considering the mod prices to get to that point. Yes, they're impressive and have proved to be great all around cars, but by no means are they end all-be all cars. I'd take a modded Z06 over a GTR anyday.
I'm not biased to American power...I currently own a BMW...but really looking forward to getting back into American after all the heartache. Looking forward to seeing how the '13 GT500 does on a road course. Cheers.

Your video shows a higher trap on the vette also...if a Z car matches a GTR on anything, but a standstill...advantage Z
Old 03-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Wait wait wait, why would any mustang driver want a corvette? I mean honestly if you rather have a vette then why did you buy a mustang at all? Look if I don't speak for most mustang drivers then fine but stop talking about stupid gtr's cause there more temperamental then ferraris and service on then is a ***** so they arent even in the same league as mustangs cause i could take my mustang on the power tour and mever have to worry you take a gtr and thats all you would do and then about vettes I say it again this is a mustang forum not a vette forum and I would never trade my stang for a vette of any kind
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #43
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1
Wait wait wait, why would any mustang driver want a corvette? I mean honestly if you rather have a vette then why did you buy a mustang at all? Look if I don't speak for most mustang drivers then fine but stop talking about stupid gtr's cause there more temperamental then ferraris and service on then is a ***** so they arent even in the same league as mustangs cause i could take my mustang on the power tour and mever have to worry you take a gtr and thats all you would do and then about vettes I say it again this is a mustang forum not a vette forum and I would never trade my stang for a vette of any kind
So your the typical mustang fan boy that don't want to admit there is cars that **** on them. Its cool.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

So your the typical mustang fan boy that don't want to admit there is cars that **** on them. Its cool.
Thats all youve got??? Pffft...unsubscribe.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #45
Road Trip!

Quote:
Z06 are great. Only down side the ls7 in them don't handle boost less rebuilt. I have plenty of friends with them. And cam/heads/ exhaust they get nasty. But a GTE with tune and exhaust will beat it still 9 out 10 times. A LS7 will cost you 15k plus. Then add internals so can add a SC to reach crazy power and your talking upwards of 40k in an engine build plus SC or even better TT.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Nope but I know people who have these cars and there not special. Look up the service schedule for a gtr and tell me if that's a real car and corvettes are over rated cause before my dad bought a gt500 he had a z06 so I know first hand not like most people
Old 03-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #47
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman
Thats all youve got??? Pffft...unsubscribe.
If some one really would take a mustang over a vette specially a Z06 there is nothing else to say. Or over a GTR..they are just stupid fan boys.

I have one the highest HP and fastest, oh and modded mustangs here..and it would be gone for either.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #48
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Saying you rather have a mustang GT over a GTR is just stupid sorry. That like saying I rather have a GT500 over a Lambo TT built by UndergroundRacing. And speaking of GT500 and Z06 this is what happens to them against a GTR all stock. It will be no different with the 2013 GT500 either. that is a promise.

<a href="

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Call me fan boy that's fine I'll take that because I love all three of my mustangs more than any vette and as for the gtr if you had 100k to spend on a car and you bout that over the other choices you have I'm not the dumbass

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Call me fan boy that's fine I'll take that because I love all three of my mustangs more than any vette and as for the gtr if you had 100k to spend on a car and you bout that over the other choices you have I'm not the dumbass
Bought*
Old 03-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #50
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Again I said if I could AFFORD it. I love mustangs. But if I could have another car it would be a vette. Doesn't mean that all of a sudden I don't like mustangs.

And by your logic you have never and will never own anything but a mustang??!?!?!?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #51
Road Trip!

Quote:
Nope but I know people who have these cars and there not special. Look up the service schedule for a gtr and tell me if that's a real car and corvettes are over rated cause before my dad bought a gt500 he had a z06 so I know first hand not like most people
So he down graded from a C6Z06 to a GT500?
Old 03-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

It's the only sports car I will ever have, I had a f150 to and would buy the raptor if gas so ****in high. And to clarify I know there are cars faster than my stangs but for overall better there is nothing close.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #53
Road Trip!

Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Bought*
100k and under the Z06 and GTR has been listed as the best car for several years.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Nope the gt500 is an all around much better car than z06 and after he put about 5k in the gt500 it was as fast if not faster it felt like
Old 03-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #55
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
And to clarify I know there are cars faster than my stangs but for overall better there is nothing close.
Agreed, just don't be so immature to say that anyone hates mustangs just because we may like other cars

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Na misunderstood me, sorry if came off like that just got tired if hearing about gtr's and z06's on a mustang forum is all
Old 03-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #57
Road Trip!

Quote:
Nope the gt500 is an all around much better car than z06 and after he put about 5k in the gt500 it was as fast if not faster it felt like
Really? 5k in a GT500 gets you mid 10s..yet that is what some have done in Z06 with just DR's. Also the z is a step beyond the GT500. With driving both and watching them run it takes a GT500 an average of 100whp more then a Z06 to out run it on the street. I personally have watched 700whp GT500 get roasted by 550whp Z06s. Weight and aerodynamics is a mother trucker.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Well damn you got me, great job to you!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #59
Road Trip!

Quote:
It's the only sports car I will ever have, I had a f150 to and would buy the raptor if gas so ****in high. And to clarify I know there are cars faster than my stangs but for overall better there is nothing close.
Really so I guess all the lambo's, GTR, and Porsche, oh and vettes are not selling at all.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Dude it's over, move on man
Old 03-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
In my opinion mustangs all of them and gtr or vettes r not in the same category u can modify the stangs to keep up but in the end it's just different category's stangs r in with the camero charger challenger the muscle car category or pony car category so it's pointless to compare and they r way different price range to
Blackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #62
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat
In my opinion mustangs all of them and gtr or vettes r not in the same category u can modify the stangs to keep up but in the end it's just different category's stangs r in with the camero charger challenger the muscle car category or pony car category so it's pointless to compare and they r way different price range to
+a bazillion thats why there are car classes. But that's why we are all on here is for out love of MUSTANGS!!!!! I absolutely love mine and hope to always have one!!!!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Oh and don't ford own Nissan anyway? Lol but anyway yes it's ok to want different cars or drive different cars but we r all stangs fans and lets put an end to this next argument goes on let's do it with cars in the same category ok lol
Old 03-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #64
Road Trip!

Quote:
Oh and don't ford own Nissan anyway? Lol but anyway yes it's ok to want different cars or drive different cars but we r all stangs fans and lets put an end to this next argument goes on let's do it with cars in the same category ok lol
No they used to own part of Mitsubishi. Cars like the Evolution. Another bad *** car for the Buck.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Then why do I see Nissan vehicles on ford lots then
Old 03-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #66
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Then why do I see Nissan vehicles on ford lots then
Probably used vehicles that were traded in

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

No there brand new vehicles even have ford Lincoln Nissan on the banner
Old 03-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:

No they used to own part of Mitsubishi. Cars like the Evolution. Another bad *** car for the Buck.
Z06 over gt500 anyday! But I still love my blue beast none the less!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

It's not just one there r a few that have it here in oklahoma
Old 03-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #70
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
It's not just one there r a few that have it here in oklahoma
Hmm, I don't think so, they have a decent size stock in Mazda but not Nissan that I know of. It's like that here too but it's because there two dealers in one, a ford and a Nissan

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT