Yellow accents? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Dakota
Yellow accents?

I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of a black mustang with yellow accents? I want to use like the yellow blaze color to add some color to the black but I don't want to over do it with stripes or anything mostly some yellow in the engine cover then the letting on the faux gas cap the 5.0 badge maybe some hood color too just need some pictures to help me decide so any help will be great
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I think Avenged or Avengd (can't remember how he spelled it) has yellow accents. You might want to PM him. Now that I think about it, I think he had a thread about his car that included pics of these accents. A search for it might turn it up.

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Yellow accents?

I'd like to see that also.
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Well im using my phone right now and the app is a little harder to use so I really can't find the post
Old 03-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
http://www.mustangevolution.com/must...ng-gt-avengnd/

This is Avengnds black with yellow accents

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
Thanks Lalayla, I just saw pics of that recently and did not realize that was who they were talking about.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
No problem Kato

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yeah I remember these pics kinda what I had in mind for the most part
Old 03-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Black with yellow accents is SICK!!! Thanks Layla, I just saw this post. If you guys need more pics let me know.

Here is a link the most recent pics...the Yellow is Ford's NQ Yellow Blaze...

A Pony, Snake and a Creeping 5.0

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Forgot to mention I don't have pics of it up yet, but the coil covers are yellow blaze and so are the hood lifts.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

As I figure it out I'll add more yellow to the engine bay...
Old 03-22-2012, 03:49 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Hey thanks alot I really think the yellow stands out a lot! Im trying to find a new faux gas cap now that way I can try to add the 5.0 in the middle and have it yellow and the ford words yellow. I ordered a new set of fender 5.0 emblems and what is chrome will be yellow and the red will be staying. I really like the yellow running horse up front so I will prolly copy you on that one. I ordered the brake caliber yellow paint for non brembo brakes but still should look good. Im trying to stay with small yellow accents that way I can do most of the yellow transformation at one time. While im doing this im also rebuilding a 1980 bronco with the yellow blaze for the body and black wheels and top so I really like black and yellow, yellow and black colors haha
Old 03-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #11
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Avengd is the worlds foremost expert on all thing black and yellow lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:47 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07 View Post
Hey thanks alot I really think the yellow stands out a lot! Im trying to find a new faux gas cap now that way I can try to add the 5.0 in the middle and have it yellow and the ford words yellow. I ordered a new set of fender 5.0 emblems and what is chrome will be yellow and the red will be staying. I really like the yellow running horse up front so I will prolly copy you on that one. I ordered the brake caliber yellow paint for non brembo brakes but still should look good. Im trying to stay with small yellow accents that way I can do most of the yellow transformation at one time. While im doing this im also rebuilding a 1980 bronco with the yellow blaze for the body and black wheels and top so I really like black and yellow, yellow and black colors haha
Check out my profile, under my albums is one on the rear faux gas cap that I painted. Caution...make sure you order everything the same yellow. And if you order the Yellow Blaze (NQ) paint you get the base coat, then the pearl coat and then your top coat (gloss)...For the faux I just did the GT didn't want the FORD yellow, but that would look good as well. Good luck and look foward to seeing what you do. Sweet, the bronco will look hot!

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Avengd is the worlds foremost expert on all thing black and yellow lol
Thank you Sir, I'm not sure if I am, but I will take the honors.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:24 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I will be using your post as a guide for sure, where did you get the paint from? Im ordering the faux gas cap through my mom as she works for a ford dealership. I wonder if ford will have the paint. What black did you use? But thank you again and the bronco has the primer already just waiting on my paint shop for the final price and i have to rebuild the c6 first before anything else, I already have the monster rebuild kit for it on its way. Im getting some lessons on the basic c6 rebuild next week from my trans guy he said its easy enough to yourself but I guess we will see or he will charge me 450 for labor for him to do.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07 View Post
Yeah I will be using your post as a guide for sure, where did you get the paint from? Im ordering the faux gas cap through my mom as she works for a ford dealership. I wonder if ford will have the paint. What black did you use? But thank you again and the bronco has the primer already just waiting on my paint shop for the final price and i have to rebuild the c6 first before anything else, I already have the monster rebuild kit for it on its way. Im getting some lessons on the basic c6 rebuild next week from my trans guy he said its easy enough to yourself but I guess we will see or he will charge me 450 for labor for him to do.
2012 Ford Mustang Touch Up Paint Colors

I got everything at the above site in spray cans. They will but only in touch up bottles, you will need at least spray paint for the faux to come out right. I used UA Black (Ford)...For all the paint and a few other items, I think I got it all for about $100 that included Primer, and the clear coat. Sweet any way to save money is good.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT