shelby Gt1000 - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
Texasstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicespo
Why are people getting so damn pissy over this? Yes clearly the car is over priced but if people want it they buy it....hell for that matter all the vettes, zl1's lambos m3's m5's all of that is over priced and they are getting bashed because they want to buy one. The people that are buying these cars have the means to do so and clearly arent worried bout the money. It aint about any of us buying one because i doubt any of us will because none of us wont the lottery this whole topic got off track but thats just my thoughts......
Agreed.
Texasstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #72
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

U should buy two chevys, one to sh*t on and one to cover it up with. Nothing but junk. The vette I had was a POS. Just curious , why do u an gofas even own mustangs.
So if your not a nuttswinger you can't own a mustang? And what kind vette did you have? I been in plenty vettes and honestly they are better built then mustangs. What wrong with that?

Why do I own my mustang. I wasn't ready to buy a Z06 yet. Wanted to finish house and other stuff. Funny you buy a brand new home(just built) then want to change half it. Haha. Plus I blow an engine in my 5.0 its 5k. I blow an LS7 its 18k for a new engine. My next car will as said be a Z06/GTR. By that time the mustang will be unstreetable. Built engine/more boost/cage/etc etc and will make least 800whp and go low 9's. So next car becomes DD. Then I have two cars that smoke everyone crying about why you own a mustang, why you hate on a 200k Shelby. Wait and be faster then Shelby's also.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicespo
Why are people getting so damn pissy over this? Yes clearly the car is over priced but if people want it they buy it....hell for that matter all the vettes, zl1's lambos m3's m5's all of that is over priced and they are getting bashed because they want to buy one. The people that are buying these cars have the means to do so and clearly arent worried bout the money. It aint about any of us buying one because i doubt any of us will because none of us wont the lottery this whole topic got off track but thats just my thoughts......
Hmmm..so how are all vettes/Lamborghini /m3-5 over priced. Have you ever been in these cars? Sit in a new m3/5 and take a ride you will see why they cost so much. Performance and pure luxury. Same for lambo's. And a ZR1 speaks for self. Fastest production American made car.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
Re: shelby Gt1000

I agree, I am a mustang "fanboy" but that is only because the only porsche I can afford is the ***** boxter s. I bought all five of my mustangs for the same reason most people did, legendary bang for buck and until i have the money for a gt3 a mustang is the only car I will ever own. While I have genuine hate for everything chevy the great thing about america is everybody can have their opinion. Lets get back on topic and everybody stop taking things personal.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
Texasstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 75
I've been in each and every one of the cars he described and the zr1 isn't anything special but fast. The lambo is the same. Not much luxury just speed and looks. And u can get that with a mustang too. It's just u might not get as much looks. But I guess u r kinda paying for the name too.
Texasstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #75
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1
I agree, I am a mustang "fanboy" but that is only because the only porsche I can afford is the ***** boxter s. I bought all five of my mustangs for the same reason most people did, legendary bang for buck and until i have the money for a gt3 a mustang is the only car I will ever own. While I have genuine hate for everything chevy the great thing about america is everybody can have their opinion. Lets get back on topic and everybody stop taking things personal.
GT3 Rs sex on wheels

wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
Texasstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

GT3 Rs sex on wheels
+1
Texasstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicespo
Why are people getting so damn pissy over this? Yes clearly the car is over priced but if people want it they buy it....hell for that matter all the vettes, zl1's lambos m3's m5's all of that is over priced and they are getting bashed because they want to buy one. The people that are buying these cars have the means to do so and clearly arent worried bout the money. It aint about any of us buying one because i doubt any of us will because none of us wont the lottery this whole topic got off track but thats just my thoughts......
+11. Appreciate each and every car for what it is!... And respect what it can and can not do!.. For those that can afford these cars, they do not see them as being "overpriced!.." People, smart people, live within their means and get what they can afford and like!.. If you can afford a $200,000 Mustang and that's what you like then get!!!.... Otherwise stop bashing on what it costs and so on!... Appreciate the car for what it is!.. Personally I'm more interested in the GT1000 track times and numbers!.. That's what I want to know!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
Re: shelby Gt1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
GT3 Rs sex on wheels

Yep, now that is worth every penny of 100k plus you pay.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #79
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasstang
I've been in each and every one of the cars he described and the zr1 isn't anything special but fast. The lambo is the same. Not much luxury just speed and looks. And u can get that with a mustang too. It's just u might not get as much looks. But I guess u r kinda paying for the name too.
With Lambo/m3-5 the interior alone ****s on the mustang's, from quality of leather, carbon fiber or real metal bazals instead of cheap plastic chrome bazals. better braking, cornering, handling, looks, redefined everything. No #8 piston issues, ****ty shifting manuals. All maintenance when you buy them cars is free. Just like Mercedes. Hell even Toyota gives first 2 yrs free maintenance free. Oil changes, tire rotations etc etc. No extra charges or extended maintenance plans to buy.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1

Yep, now that is worth every penny of 100k plus you pay.
Totally agree.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

+11. Appreciate each and every car for what it is!... And respect what it can and can not do!.. For those that can afford these cars, they do not see them as being "overpriced!.." People, smart people, live within their means and get what they can afford and like!.. If you can afford a $200,000 Mustang and that's what you like then get!!!.... Otherwise stop bashing on what it costs and so on!... Appreciate the car for what it is!.. Personally I'm more interested in the GT1000 track times and numbers!.. That's what I want to know!...
Furthermore; in my post I said I was excited to see specs and pictures about the GT1000. So anyway..
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #81
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

+11. Appreciate each and every car for what it is!... And respect what it can and can not do!.. For those that can afford these cars, they do not see them as being "overpriced!.." People, smart people, live within their means and get what they can afford and like!.. If you can afford a $200,000 Mustang and that's what you like then get!!!.... Otherwise stop bashing on what it costs and so on!... Appreciate the car for what it is!.. Personally I'm more interested in the GT1000 track times and numbers!.. That's what I want to know!...
Notice they haven't given no track numbers or anything? Cause it don't perform. PERIOD. they already know what it will run. The 800hp SuperSnake ran a high 11. With best of low 11's on a tire swap and slicks. Itwill be disappointing. To be justified it has to be able to contend with cars in its price range like the pic of the orange Porsche GT3 RS.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson
Furthermore; in my post I said I was excited to see specs and pictures about the GT1000. So anyway..
I know!.. I want performance numbers on this thing!.. And personally I would take a GT1000 over a Lamborghini!.. Mostly because right now I have two little ones who love ridding in the Stang!... And well currently Lamborghini doesn't offer a back seat in their models!... Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular
 
Texasstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 75
I agree with you with that. The only thing I would say is I think the mustang is way more comfortable to drive then a lambo. But a BMW is def a winner with everything. But I'm still a mustang guy and since I personally don't have the money to buy a lambo or a BMW like most mustang fans, but I would still choose a gt1000 just because I love mustangs.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

And for the times. I know they aren't going to be anywhere as impressive as what you could get with other super cars of the same price, but again I am a mustang fan and just having the privilege to own only one of 100 gt1000's that will be made.
Texasstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Notice they haven't given no track numbers or anything? Cause it don't perform. PERIOD. they already know what it will run. The 800hp SuperSnake ran a high 11. With best of low 11's on a tire swap and slicks. Itwill be disappointing. To be justified it has to be able to contend with cars in its price range like the pic of the orange Porsche GT3 RS.
Well if you haven't noticed!.. This isn't a Super Snake!.. Everything in this car has been tweaked or completely redone!.. So personally I'll wait for actually track times and numbers to be posted and not assume what it will or will not do!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
Texasstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 75
Ya but for now I'm hoping Shelby can put down some good numbers to keep us hoping like saying it will do a 3 sec 0-60 mph and a low 10 quarter.
Texasstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
McNassty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

I know!.. I want performance numbers on this thing!.. And personally I would take a GT1000 over a Lamborghini!.. Mostly because right now I have two little ones who love ridding in the Stang!... And well currently Lamborghini doesn't offer a back seat in their models!... Lol
Uh I'm betting the GT1000 will have a rear seat delete
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNassty

Uh I'm betting the GT1000 will have a rear seat delete
None of the articles say that!.. Plus Shelby does custom orders for this!.. So if I say I want to keep the rear seat then!.....
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:58 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
medicespo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

+11. Appreciate each and every car for what it is!... And respect what it can and can not do!.. For those that can afford these cars, they do not see them as being "overpriced!.." People, smart people, live within their means and get what they can afford and like!.. If you can afford a $200,000 Mustang and that's what you like then get!!!.... Otherwise stop bashing on what it costs and so on!... Appreciate the car for what it is!.. Personally I'm more interested in the GT1000 track times and numbers!.. That's what I want to know!...
Agreed this is why i own a mustang because its the most bang for the buck compared to the other cars in its class ( which i drove before i brought my new 12 GT) if i could afford a super car and not have to live in a refrigerator box then yes i would have one but i am 21 and brought what i could afford

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

So if your not a nuttswinger you can't own a mustang? And what kind vette did you have? I been in plenty vettes and honestly they are better built then mustangs. What wrong with that?

Why do I own my mustang. I wasn't ready to buy a Z06 yet. Wanted to finish house and other stuff. Funny you buy a brand new home(just built) then want to change half it. Haha. Plus I blow an engine in my 5.0 its 5k. I blow an LS7 its 18k for a new engine. My next car will as said be a Z06/GTR. By that time the mustang will be unstreetable. Built engine/more boost/cage/etc etc and will make least 800whp and go low 9's. So next car becomes DD. Then I have two cars that smoke everyone crying about why you own a mustang, why you hate on a 200k Shelby. Wait and be faster then Shelby's also.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------



Hmmm..so how are all vettes/Lamborghini /m3-5 over priced. Have you ever been in these cars? Sit in a new m3/5 and take a ride you will see why they cost so much. Performance and pure luxury. Same for lambo's. And a ZR1 speaks for self. Fastest production American made car.
I have and i didnt say that they werent nice any dumbass could tell you that but i paid a little over 25k for my brandnew GT thats atleast 10k cheaper then any of the cars i stated
__________________
2012 GT 5.0
6speed manual
flowmaster super 10's
lethal performance o/r x pipe
BAMA sct tuner
35% tint all the way round
medicespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #89
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Well if you haven't noticed!.. This isn't a Super Snake!.. Everything in this car has been tweaked or completely redone!.. So personally I'll wait for actually track times and numbers to be posted and not assume what it will or will not do!..
Do you know any thing about a supersnake? It has best out there for suspension and what not. This car having an extra 200hp and the same tires will make it worse.

As far as seat delete who cares. Back seats in mustangs are worth less any way. I am 5'10 sit like a normal person and no adult is sitting behind me. I didn't buy for a back seat. If wanted that I would have bought a bigger heavier slower challanger or a SHO with 4 doors.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicespo

Agreed this is why i own a mustang because its the most bang for the buck compared to the other cars in its class ( which i drove before i brought my new 12 GT) if i could afford a super car and not have to live in a refrigerator box then yes i would have one but i am 21 and brought what i could afford

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------



I have and i didnt say that they werent nice any dumbass could tell you that but i paid a little over 25k for my brandnew GT thats atleast 10k cheaper then any of the cars i stated
Do you have a 2011+ mustang GT? Cause if so and paid 25k you got a base model. And it really don't compare to the inside of none them cars. I know my 2011 was a base. My 2012 is loaded. Also 10k more will not get you in any of those cars. M3 on average are least 65-75k and an M5 is more. ZR1 vette will run you 120k, and a Lambo could be upwards of 500k.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasstang
I agree with you with that. The only thing I would say is I think the mustang is way more comfortable to drive then a lambo. But a BMW is def a winner with everything. But I'm still a mustang guy and since I personally don't have the money to buy a lambo or a BMW like most mustang fans, but I would still choose a gt1000 just because I love mustangs.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

And for the times. I know they aren't going to be anywhere as impressive as what you could get with other super cars of the same price, but again I am a mustang fan and just having the privilege to own only one of 100 gt1000's that will be made.
You have more room in a mustang for sure. But when buying a Lambo you don't buy it for room. You are buying a race car that is exotic and basically street legal.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: shelby Gt1000

Can someone just confirm that the GT1000 was not a "April Fools" joke?
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
medicespo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Do you know any thing about a supersnake? It has best out there for suspension and what not. This car having an extra 200hp and the same tires will make it worse.

As far as seat delete who cares. Back seats in mustangs are worth less any way. I am 5'10 sit like a normal person and no adult is sitting behind me. I didn't buy for a back seat. If wanted that I would have bought a bigger heavier slower challanger or a SHO with 4 doors.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------



Do you have a 2011+ mustang GT? Cause if so and paid 25k you got a base model. And it really don't compare to the inside of none them cars. I know my 2011 was a base. My 2012 is loaded. Also 10k more will not get you in any of those cars. M3 on average are least 65-75k and an M5 is more. ZR1 vette will run you 120k, and a Lambo could be upwards of 500k.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------



You have more room in a mustang for sure. But when buying a Lambo you don't buy it for room. You are buying a race car that is exotic and basically street legal.
I do have a base model i dont need the leather and all that extra stuff and i know that they are all more then 10k more....i know what those cars cost. And why do you have to be so defensive about everything? Your have made it pretty clear bout your thoughts on a gt1000 and opinions are like a**holes everyone has one...you have yours and i have mine much like every other person that has posted in this thread
__________________
2012 GT 5.0
6speed manual
flowmaster super 10's
lethal performance o/r x pipe
BAMA sct tuner
35% tint all the way round
medicespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Do you know any thing about a supersnake? It has best out there for suspension and what not. This car having an extra 200hp and the same tires will make it worse.

As far as seat delete who cares. Back seats in mustangs are worth less any way. I am 5'10 sit like a normal person and no adult is sitting behind me. I didn't buy for a back seat. If wanted that I would have bought a bigger heavier slower challanger or a SHO with 4 doors.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------



Do you have a 2011+ mustang GT? Cause if so and paid 25k you got a base model. And it really don't compare to the inside of none them cars. I know my 2011 was a base. My 2012 is loaded. Also 10k more will not get you in any of those cars. M3 on average are least 65-75k and an M5 is more. ZR1 vette will run you 120k, and a Lambo could be upwards of 500k.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------



You have more room in a mustang for sure. But when buying a Lambo you don't buy it for room. You are buying a race car that is exotic and basically street legal.
Yes I do know about the Super Snake!.. It's suspension is just like the GT500 just tweaked a little bit!.. What is in the GT1000 is built even more!.. So it is NOT the same setup!...

Plus I never said anything about having an adult sitting in my back seat!.. I said I have two little ones!.. In other words, a two year old boy and a one year old girl!.. A far cry from adults!... And yes I like to be able to cruise around with the whole family!.. So a Mustang makes more sense!.. Plus personally I have an easier time getting them in and out of my back seat than I do with my wife's GrandPrix, and it has four doors!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #93
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Yes I do know about the Super Snake!.. It's suspension is just like the GT500 just tweaked a little bit!.. What is in the GT1000 is built even more!.. So it is NOT the same setup!...

Plus I never said anything about having an adult sitting in my back seat!.. I said I have two little ones!.. In other words, a two year old boy and a one year old girl!.. A far cry from adults!... And yes I like to be able to cruise around with the whole family!.. So a Mustang makes more sense!.. Plus personally I have an easier time getting them in and out of my back seat than I do with my wife's GrandPrix, and it has four doors!...
No the suspension is not more. Look at it.

And get out of here. Easier get out of the mustang. No one is buying that. That was stupidest thing you have posted yet. But then again what do I expect.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

No the suspension is not more. Look at it.

And get out of here. Easier get out of the mustang. No one is buying that. That was stupidest thing you have posted yet. But then again what do I expect.
Check out Shelby American them selves!.. It's what I did!.. Don't like the facts then bring it up to them!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #95
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: shelby Gt1000

I have looked. Added k member, a watts link is biggest difference. Not enough to make it no faster. Help make 30lbs lighter in the front and launch a little straighter. Agian nothing going to really help it be a whole fatser. Both get adjustable shocks/springs dampners etc etc. The Supersnake even has options to get more suspension then regular Supersnake.

Also think about it how many Shelby Supersnakes you see at track. Slim to one. WHy cause these cars are built to look pretty and be dyno queens. Not actual track performers. Shelby has yet to make a car actaully performe for what it is. 800hp-1000hp cars running 11's. That is the sadest thing known to performacne cars there is. Specially when other cars on its level price and performance is a full second and more faster. Then even gets worse on road courses.

Shelby has had one these built alredy and dpne track test and every thing else. Why haven't you seen nothing on it. Cause it simply isn't impressive. Its another gimick from Shelby to get you to buy a car.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
I have looked. Added k member, a watts link is biggest difference. Not enough to make it no faster. Help make 30lbs lighter in the front and launch a little straighter. Agian nothing going to really help it be a whole fatser. Both get adjustable shocks/springs dampners etc etc. The Supersnake even has options to get more suspension then regular Supersnake.

Also think about it how many Shelby Supersnakes you see at track. Slim to one. WHy cause these cars are built to look pretty and be dyno queens. Not actual track performers. Shelby has yet to make a car actaully performe for what it is. 800hp-1000hp cars running 11's. That is the sadest thing known to performacne cars there is. Specially when other cars on its level price and performance is a full second and more faster. Then even gets worse on road courses.

Shelby has had one these built alredy and dpne track test and every thing else. Why haven't you seen nothing on it. Cause it simply isn't impressive. Its another gimick from Shelby to get you to buy a car.
At 200Gs it's a product for a select few!.. He'll where I'm from I don't see hardly any Vettes let alone ZR1s or any ZO6s, or anything like that!.. As far as I'm concerned then the are all Dyno Queens!.. But I still appreciate and respect all those rides!..

Where I'm from everything is home grown, from ricers to muscle!.. Nothing from the factory!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #97
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: shelby Gt1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
At 200Gs it's a product for a select few!.. He'll where I'm from I don't see hardly any Vettes let alone ZR1s or any ZO6s, or anything like that!.. As far as I'm concerned then the are all Dyno Queens!.. But I still appreciate and respect all those rides!..

Where I'm from everything is home grown, from ricers to muscle!.. Nothing from the factory!...
HAHA..another stupid comment. Look at the performance numbers. Zo6 goes high 10's in stock form. ZR1 goes mid 10's in stock form With both hving way less power then the SHelby's. Z06 505/ZR1 625. Then they out handle every ford there is. These ars are top of teh food chain for a reason. And please bring up the Ford GT. Cause the Z06 spanked its *** soon it came out in 05 with the C6Z. At the drag strip and the road course.

And my term Is BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

HAHA..another stupid comment. Look at the performance numbers. Zo6 goes high 10's in stock form. ZR1 goes mid 10's in stock form With both hving way less power then the SHelby's. Z06 505/ZR1 625. Then they out handle every ford there is. These ars are top of teh food chain for a reason. And please bring up the Ford GT. Cause the Z06 spanked its *** soon it came out in 05 with the C6Z. At the drag strip and the road course.

And my term Is BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
...ok so in STOCK form this true but what would happen if all of the above cars had some stickies on im pretty sure that supersnake is going to compete if not beat both of the above vettes...im not by any means a mustang only junkie but i do think that our mustangs are awesome machines and if i didnt i would have spent my 30k+ on something else...i could have bought a vette for a little more but i like the look and the performance of a mustang...plus i love spanking my c5 buddy, by the way on street tires it pretty impossible to get any high horsepower car to perform well
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #99
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85

...ok so in STOCK form this true but what would happen if all of the above cars had some stickies on im pretty sure that supersnake is going to compete if not beat both of the above vettes...im not by any means a mustang only junkie but i do think that our mustangs are awesome machines and if i didnt i would have spent my 30k+ on something else...i could have bought a vette for a little more but i like the look and the performance of a mustang...plus i love spanking my c5 buddy, by the way on street tires it pretty impossible to get any high horsepower car to perform well
Best shown for a supersnake still don't beat what the Z06/ZR1 has done on sticky tires. The zr1 has went low 10's and Z06 went 10.6 if remember right. Then looking at trap speeds they both are still faster on the street. The zr1 traps over 130mph+. That is fast enough to run with some bikes.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

HAHA..another stupid comment. Look at the performance numbers. Zo6 goes high 10's in stock form. ZR1 goes mid 10's in stock form With both hving way less power then the SHelby's. Z06 505/ZR1 625. Then they out handle every ford there is. These ars are top of teh food chain for a reason. And please bring up the Ford GT. Cause the Z06 spanked its *** soon it came out in 05 with the C6Z. At the drag strip and the road course.

And my term Is BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
Your trying to say I'm making stupid comments yet you have a hard time spelling simple little words, and forming them into some form a coherent sentence!.. Hahahahahahahahaha. Try a little proof reading and spell check before you post some thing!.. Especially when you are claiming some one else is making stupid comments!!... Hahahahahahaha

And ya!.. A stock car is actually a Bought car!!.... Not a Built car!... And comparing a sports car (Corvette) to a muscle/pony car (Mustang), is comparing apples to oranges!... Lol.

Come back at me again when you at least learn how to spell!!... Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Best shown for a supersnake still don't beat what the Z06/ZR1 has done on sticky tires. The zr1 has went low 10's and Z06 went 10.6 if remember right. Then looking at trap speeds they both are still faster on the street. The zr1 traps over 130mph+. That is fast enough to run with some bikes.
I wouldn't trade my mustangs even for any of that junk. If I would I'd b on a Chevy fourm.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #102
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: shelby Gt1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I wouldn't trade my mustangs even for any of that junk. If I would I'd b on a Chevy fourm.
haha..I think it funny the gusy with the slowest and old mustangs get the most butt hurt.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
the problem is that this is not a true comparison test because they would have to be at the same track same size brand etc tires same driver with perfect consistancey...all i know is that there are some supersnakes that would destroy some zr1s because of driver mod alone, or tires or whatever there are always differences(someone is always faster) but all i know is that all the cars we are speaking of are fast and american made thats enough for me
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Haha ,not butt hurt here. Just stating facts.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular
 
McNassty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

haha..I think it funny the gusy with the slowest and old mustangs get the most butt hurt.
Stupidest comment I've ever read
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Governer on Shelby gt500 Halfadeck Shelby Mustang 18 05-11-2012 05:30 AM
Carroll Shelby Autograph! Crainium Shelby Mustang 0 03-23-2012 08:25 PM
Carroll Shelby autograph! Crainium Classic Mustangs 7 03-22-2012 08:04 PM
Trade for 2013 shelby Blackcat 2011-2014 Mustang GT 16 03-20-2012 11:05 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:09 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.