shelby Gt1000 - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #141
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Dude your phony and a fake!... For some one who claims to make as much as you claim, 18Gs is next to nothing!... Ya facts are facts!.. So stop pretending!.. I'm not buying the BS your trying to sell me!..
LOL..18k is 18k..no one want to blow a motor that cost 18k. 140k a year is good money but not enough to waste around blowing on a new ls7 cs you get greedy for power. 5k for a new 5.0 is a different story.

Also look what cost to build a ls7 for boost and handle it. You can buy a new mustang basically. Another reason choose the mustang platform. It is cheapest to mod. Hence why they always say best bang for Buck. Don't get real expensive till you want to make crazy power or run crazy times. Then start doing built rear ends built blocks with custom cams, heads etc.

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Quote:

The G8 was a Pontiac!... The great GM (Government Motors lol) product wasn't selling so they killed it off!... R.I.P. poor little Pontiac!... Hahahahaha.
You know Ford took money also right?

How they sold other brands they owned, parts etc to stay alive.

Funny G8's sold fine. And was faster then mustangs. Would still have that car but people decided they wanted to crash into it. So it had to go. That was when looked at everything from mustangs/camaro/Z06/evolution etc. As said mustang won for several reasons. I do love my mustang for what it is. But I know where it falls. At end of the day when I pull in somewhere and park next to other cars like vettes/GTR etc it don't matter I am faster or spent less. They are still in the nicer car in others eyes.but what even funnier the vette club respects my car more then a lot of others cars simply cause they know what it runs.

Had a vette Guy I didn't know talk crap how he was faster etc. How I wasted money on my car. Wasn't until the vette president informed him I would blow his doors off and I actually passed on buying a Z06 that he then wanted to know what I ran and what not.

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

Had a new Shelby GT500 talk crap also at the track. How his Shelby cost this made this power etc etc. Once we lined up and he ran a 12.7 on slicks and skinnies to my 10.9. Then he shut up. So after I parked he parked next to me. I simply got out and laughed. Told him to bad his salesman didn't teach him that SC 5.0's are faster then basically stock GT500's. I ended up driving his car for him and ran a 11.3. Haha.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

A yuppie driving a pontiac, WTF LOL
Well at least it's American!... Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:14 AM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Well at least it's American!... Lol
I respect that much.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

LOL..18k is 18k..no one want to blow a motor that cost 18k. 140k a year is good money but not enough to waste around blowing on a new ls7 cs you get greedy for power. 5k for a new 5.0 is a different story.

Also look what cost to build a ls7 for boost and handle it. You can buy a new mustang basically. Another reason choose the mustang platform. It is cheapest to mod. Hence why they always say best bang for Buck. Don't get real expensive till you want to make crazy power or run crazy times. Then start doing built rear ends built blocks with custom cams, heads etc.

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

You know Ford took money also right?

How they sold other brands they owned, parts etc to stay alive.

Funny G8's sold fine. And was faster then mustangs. Would still have that car but people decided they wanted to crash into it. So it had to go. That was when looked at everything from mustangs/camaro/Z06/evolution etc. As said mustang won for several reasons. I do love my mustang for what it is. But I know where it falls. At end of the day when I pull in somewhere and park next to other cars like vettes/GTR etc it don't matter I am faster or spent less. They are still in the nicer car in others eyes.but what even funnier the vette club respects my car more then a lot of others cars simply cause they know what it runs.

Had a vette Guy I didn't know talk crap how he was faster etc. How I wasted money on my car. Wasn't until the vette president informed him I would blow his doors off and I actually passed on buying a Z06 that he then wanted to know what I ran and what not.

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

Had a new Shelby GT500 talk crap also at the track. How his Shelby cost this made this power etc etc. Once we lined up and he ran a 12.7 on slicks and skinnies to my 10.9. Then he shut up. So after I parked he parked next to me. I simply got out and laughed. Told him to bad his salesman didn't teach him that SC 5.0's are faster then basically stock GT500's. I ended up driving his car for him and ran a 11.3. Haha.
Dude your still a phony and a fake!... Facts are facts and I ain't buying your BS!... Lol

And Ford took out a loan, not a bailout!... Two different things!... And Ford has stuck to what sells!.. Not over priced BS like GM has done for years!.. Lol
Old 04-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #145
Road Trip!

Quote:

Dude your still a phony and a fake!... Facts are facts and I ain't buying your BS!... Lol

And Ford took out a loan, not a bailout!... Two different things!... And Ford has stuck to what sells!.. Not over priced BS like GM has done for years!.. Lol
Ya I'm the fake..from the Guy who wishes he had a new 5.0..

Umm they all took money. GM paid the money back in 2 yrs..has Ford even paid it back yet?

Funny GM has been out selling Ford. And have you priced some fords lately? Explorers are most over priced suv on market. Along with the F150 now. I know guys that have owned nothing but f150's for 35yrs an refuse to buy one cause of over pricing. They are looking at silverado and tundra.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

+1
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
This thread is crazy! Great read though wnt2gofst does seem to know his stuff and I don't think he a phoney. He does get a bit crazy but you should all know how he is by now! He's the forum a**hole! He's said it himself once! haha And I gotta agree with the vette being a better car then the stang but they are two different classes and different price ranges. But I'd take one over a stang anyday if I could afford it! As for the GT1000? Definitely overpriced and overrated. But if someone wants to buy it? It's there money right?
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:52 AM   #148
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
This thread is crazy! Great read though wnt2gofst does seem to know his stuff and I don't think he a phoney. He does get a bit crazy but you should all know how he is by now! He's the forum a**hole! He's said it himself once! haha And I gotta agree with the vette being a better car then the stang but they are two different classes and different price ranges. But I'd take one over a stang anyday if I could afford it! As for the GT1000? Definitely overpriced and overrated. But if someone wants to buy it? It's there money right?
Yes I did say I was..LOL

And yes different classes. But its always funny when people try to.compare the mustang to a vette. Just watched a race between a GT500 vs a c5z with basic bolt ons. GT500 got spanked. By a 10yr old n/a vette that only makes 420whp..

And yes as said if someone really wants to waste the money on the car let them.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:06 AM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes I did say I was..LOL

And yes different classes. But its always funny when people try to.compare the mustang to a vette. Just watched a race between a GT500 vs a c5z with basic bolt ons. GT500 got spanked. By a 10yr old n/a vette that only makes 420whp..

And yes as said if someone really wants to waste the money on the car let them.
How's the shelby compare to the base C6 vettes stock v stock? Think that might be a better comparison since it's similar price range? Either way, I'd take a base C6 over the shelby any day.

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

Nevermind, got my answer
Old 04-05-2012, 02:09 AM   #150
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

How's the shelby compare to the base C6 vettes stock v stock? Think that might be a better comparison since it's similar price range? Either way, I'd take a base C6 over the shelby any day.

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

Nevermind, got my answer
A base c6 is a good run for one. C6 manual have hit low 12's why auto runs around 12.3 or so.

On the street it all in the driver.

I would most likely take a GT500 over a base c6.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:12 AM   #151

Region: California
Quote:

And like I said already!.. If you got the cash to drop 200K on a Mustang odds are you already have a few Lamborghini's and Ferraris!.. The GT1000 is being built for those people, not really for you or me!.. So stop hating on the car because you will never be able to afford it!..
Well said!!!
Morgue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:02 AM   #152
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya I'm the fake..from the Guy who wishes he had a new 5.0..

Umm they all took money. GM paid the money back in 2 yrs..has Ford even paid it back yet?

Funny GM has been out selling Ford. And have you priced some fords lately? Explorers are most over priced suv on market. Along with the F150 now. I know guys that have owned nothing but f150's for 35yrs an refuse to buy one cause of over pricing. They are looking at silverado and tundra.
Ya I wish for another car payment!... Hahahahahaha.

And like I said, Ford took out a loan!... GM and Chrysler took bailout money!... Two different things!.. Plus the only money that GM actually paid back in full so far, has been the interest and about half of what the principle was!... They still owe money!!... Do some research dude!...

And yes I have priced some Fords lately!.. And compared to GM, Fords around here are on average about 2Gs cheaper than GMs equivalent!...
Old 04-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #153

Too much money for a mustang. I love stangs but I could buy a lamborghini for that kind of money
Teboidro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #154
Registered Member
Regular

Still trying to figure out where wnt2gofast's 10.8 times are coming from. Looking at his pics and all he has is a CAI and maybe a tuner? Still isn't putting him in the 10sec club, stock Boss with that minor mod would still have him in the 12's
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNassty
Still trying to figure out where wnt2gofast's 10.8 times are coming from. Looking at his pics and all he has is a CAI and maybe a tuner? Still isn't putting him in the 10sec club, stock Boss with that minor mod would still have him in the 12's
Idk about the #'s he's getting, but I'm pretty sure he's supercharged. Think he had a pic on another thread somewhere although I'm sure he'll post in here when he sees lol
Old 04-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Seriously.??? he has a blower and putting like 620 hp to the wheels.
torch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by torch1

Seriously.??? he has a blower and putting like 620 hp to the wheels.
Oh, sorry, he doesn't have those pics in his garage pics
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

Yeah my bad. He used to have the pics up. He has put up quite a few threads about his builds and runs since he's been on here
torch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #159
Road Trip!

Quote:
Actually with cold air and tune I hit 11's in my manual car and drag radials. I ran a 12.2@114 in it with nothing but tires and a. Buddy got a 12.1@114. Driver mod goes a long way. Finally got that car to run lower 11's before blower. But tranny was crap. Traded it in for a auto. Auto has a paxton supercharger, boss intake, off road x pipe and then cosmetic stuff. Ran 10.9@129. Now it has a circle d stall and a new aluminium drive shaft. It is at Maximum Velocity in San Antonio getting redyno tuned by Jon Lund. Soon. Done will take to track and hope for some 10.3-10.5. Then I will look at lightening the car. And hope for even better times.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Quote:

Not sure what happen. Have to check my garage. I know it did list mods and have pics.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #160
Road Trip!

Re: shelby Gt1000

Just looked in my garage and pics still there. Shows blower and even dyno sheet. So how you get only tune and cold air?
Old 04-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Just looked in my garage and pics still there. Shows blower and even dyno sheet. So how you get only tune and cold air?
It's in your garage, just not your album.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #162
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang

It's in your garage, just not your album.
Ahh OK..
Old 04-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

Hold on a second this thing is a 5.4 liter? You used to be able to supersnakify them for like 2 grand (power only not body kit of course) they want 200k to double it!?

Besides... if the supersnake upgrade is almost a 50 percent power increase, I figured that the 2013 super snake would end up at about 1000 anyway...

725/500 = 1.45
650x1.45 = 942 HP... close enough

ok definitely making some huge assumptions here about what the supersnake will do for 2013 but seriously why's they even bother with the 5.4?
Old 04-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #164
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo
Hold on a second this thing is a 5.4 liter? You used to be able to supersnakify them for like 2 grand (power only not body kit of course) they want 200k to double it!?

Besides... if the supersnake upgrade is almost a 50 percent power increase, I figured that the 2013 super snake would end up at about 1000 anyway...

725/500 = 1.45
650x1.45 = 942 HP... close enough

ok definitely making some huge assumptions here about what the supersnake will do for 2013 but seriously why's they even bother with the 5.4?
From what read if they waited on the 2013 GT500 from Ford it would have taken another 2yrs for this car to be released. That is in order to use the 5.8.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #165
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Well guys & gals. I just had an interesting brunch (Ostrich eggs and fried alligator soup) with "The most interesting man in the world".
Name:   image-1944748860.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  37.3 KB
and he has informed me that Carroll Shelby has offered to give him all 100 of the GT1000's once production has been completed. The most interesting man in the world then went on to tell me what uses he had for each of the said, 100 GT1000's and are as follows.

The first 25 GT1000's will be used in his own personal game of Demolition Derby where he will come in First Place 25 times.

The next 5 GT1000's will be dropped from the top of the Empire State Building while Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage argue about free fall velocity as the GT1000's rain overhead.

The next 27 GT1000's will be shipped to Antarctica where they will be incinerated in the furnace of his 17 bedroom log cabin to produce heat while he nails Megan Fox on his Bangle Tiger rug in his livingroom for one weekend.

The next 14 GT1000's will be used to make a Coral Reef just off the coast of Okinawa as a memorial in honor of Mr. Kesuke Miyagi.

The next 19 GT1000's will be grounded up and recycled to make EyeBall friendly Fly Swatters for all those starving Ethiopian children who are suffering from a large Fly infestation.

The next 4 GT1000's will be loaded with Japanese FireWorks and placed on top of Mt. Rushmore for the worlds most interesting FireWorks display on the Fourth of July.

The next 5 GT1000's will be used for "The most interesting man in the world DWI training camp to the stars" with driving instructors, Charlie Sheen, Mel Gibson, the fat kid from Superbad, Nicole Richie and Kiefer Sutherland.

Oh, and if you've only counted 99 GT1000's that because The most interesting man in the world said, That my friends is why I remain interesting. Stay thirsty my friends.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #166
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
Well guys & gals. I just had an interesting brunch (Ostrich eggs and fried alligator soup) with "The most interesting man in the world".and he has informed me that Carroll Shelby has offered to give him all 100 of the GT1000's once production has been completed. The most interesting man in the world then went on to tell me what uses he had for each of the said, 100 GT1000's and are as follows.

The first 25 GT1000's will be used in his own personal game of Demolition Derby where he will come in First Place 25 times.

The next 5 GT1000's will be dropped from the top of the Empire State Building while Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage argue about free fall velocity as the GT1000's rain overhead.

The next 27 GT1000's will be shipped to Antarctica where they will be incinerated in the furnace of his 17 bedroom log cabin to produce heat while he nails Megan Fox on his Bangle Tiger rug in his livingroom for one weekend.

The next 14 GT1000's will be used to make a Coral Reef just off the coast of Okinawa as a memorial in honor of Mr. Kesuke Miyagi.

The next 19 GT1000's will be grounded up and recycled to make EyeBall friendly Fly Swatters for all those starving Ethiopian children who are suffering from a large Fly infestation.

The next 4 GT1000's loaded with Japanese FireWorks and placed on top of Mt. Rushmore for the worlds most interesting FireWorks display on the Forth of July.

The next 5 GT1000's will be used for "The most interesting man in the world DWI training camp to the stars" with driving instructors, Charlie Sheen, Mel Gibson, the fat kid from Superbad, Nicole Richie and Kiefer Sutherland.

Oh, and if you've only counted 99 GT1000's that because The most interesting man in the world said, That my friends is why I remain interesting. Stay thirsty my friends.
LOL...
Old 04-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #167
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
Well guys & gals. I just had an interesting brunch (Ostrich eggs and fried alligator soup) with "The most interesting man in the world".and he has informed me that Carroll Shelby has offered to give him all 100 of the GT1000's once production has been completed. The most interesting man in the world then went on to tell me what uses he had for each of the said, 100 GT1000's and are as follows.

The next 4 GT1000's will be loaded with Japanese FireWorks and placed on top of Mt. Rushmore for the worlds most interesting FireWorks display on the Fourth of July.

You sir have too much time on your hands hahaha
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #168
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death

You sir have too much time on your hands hahaha
The last girl I nailed said I was a unique snowflake. Whateva the fu*k that means.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

gee thats a lot of money
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #170
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Well guys & gals. I just had an interesting brunch (Ostrich eggs and fried alligator soup) with "The most interesting man in the world".Attachment 46023and he has informed me that Carroll Shelby has offered to give him all 100 of the GT1000's once production has been completed. The most interesting man in the world then went on to tell me what uses he had for each of the said, 100 GT1000's and are as follows.

You forgot Chuck Norris
Old 04-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #171
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I love stangs ever since i was a kid... Buuut a corvette is in a different category the a mustang... The mustang is the poor mans sports car, not that there is anything wrong with that. It offers the best bang for buck and can run with vehicles that are double its price... Where im from a c6vette is is roughly $90000 and zo6 is $105000. In order for a mustang to keep up to a vette it has to have at least an extra 100rwhp minimum.... A stock gt500 will not compete with a stock zo6. Zo6s are designed to compete with ferraris, porsche and lambos. The vette is a poor mans super sports car...
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #172
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo

You forgot Chuck Norris

Name:   image-332188905.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  52.1 KB
Here ya go.
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #173
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Im just gunna wait for the GT1001..its got one extra hp!..and you only pay an extra 10k!...what a deal!..oh and it comes with 3 cans of plasti-dip to add more stripes and mph!..plus a free subscription to ripley's believe it or not!..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #174
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G
I love stangs ever since i was a kid... Buuut a corvette is in a different category the a mustang... The mustang is the poor mans sports car, not that there is anything wrong with that. It offers the best bang for buck and can run with vehicles that are double its price... Where im from a c6vette is is roughly $90000 and zo6 is $105000. In order for a mustang to keep up to a vette it has to have at least an extra 100rwhp minimum.... A stock gt500 will not compete with a stock zo6. Zo6s are designed to compete with ferraris, porsche and lambos. The vette is a poor mans super sports car...
Where do you live? I have seen c6 go for 45 and Z06 go for 68.

Agree with 100whp. I have seen stock Z06's hand a 600whp GT500 its butt. Hell seen a intake, tune, exhaust Z hand it to a 750whp GT500.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Where do you live? I have seen c6 go for 45 and Z06 go for 68.

Agree with 100whp. I have seen stock Z06's hand a 600whp GT500 its butt. Hell seen a intake, tune, exhaust Z hand it to a 750whp GT500.
I live in Toronto canada.... Oh for sure dude the prices i listed were brand new... U can get used zo6s 2006 to like 2008 from $50000 to 65000 and c6s from like 45000 to 55000. I put new prices.... Wnt2gofst i also want a zo6 as well
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT