Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2014 Mustang sedan....

11K views 67 replies 30 participants last post by  wnt2gofst 
#1 ·
#29 ·
I'd take an evo or sti if I ever wanted 4-doors. Almost bought one but settled for my mustang v6 and then bought a brand new cheap daily driver. Got two cars for the price of what the EVO was going to cost. And insurance was actually cheaper on two cars then the EVO. Sweet car though.

#30 ·
I would take a 5.0 falcon over a charger or a evolution. And evolution over a charger. I got buddies with some nasty evo's. Ones that make 400awhp to ones that make almost 800awhp. I would most likely go out and by another G8 but this time a gxp.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

CYCLON37 said:
I'd take an evo or sti if I ever wanted 4-doors. Almost bought one but settled for my mustang v6 and then bought a brand new cheap daily driver. Got two cars for the price of what the EVO was going to cost. And insurance was actually cheaper on two cars then the EVO. Sweet car though.
Sorry man but I would take a evolution over a v6 mustang any day of the week. My question is if looking at buying a new evolution why not by a 5.0 then a v6?

#31 · (Edited)
wnt2gofst said:
Sorry man but I would take a evolution over a v6 mustang any day of the week. My question is if looking at buying a new evolution why not by a 5.0 then a v6?
Well it was either an EVO or the mustang and a daily driver. I drive about 150miles, 5 days a week. That was the real deciding factor.. EVO's are horrible on gas. Trust me, I would have loved the EVO or the GT but I do a lot of driving which sucksss! I may upgrade soon though as I may have another deployment coming up :) But think my first priority is getting a place closer to my job!!!! Lol. In which case I may just supercharge or turbocharge my 6. We'll see..

#52 ·
Well it was either an EVO or the mustang and a daily driver. I drive about 150miles, 5 days a week. That was the real deciding factor.. EVO's are horrible on gas. Trust me, I would have loved the EVO or the GT but I do a lot of driving which sucksss! I may upgrade soon though as I may have another deployment coming up :) But think my first priority is getting a place closer to my job!!!! Lol. In which case I may just supercharge or turbocharge my 6. We'll see..
If I had to go down to one car that was going to be daily driven all year, it would be an Evo. I went the Mustang + a DD route myself. The DD gets ~40MPG, and the stang goes fast. I wouldn't want to try to DD a stang in Ohio, too much heavy rain and snow (although we got lucky on the snow this winter).

#32 ·
CYCLON37 said:
Evo horrible on gas? Umm never heard that. 23mpg on highway isn't bad at all. Its better then what I get now. Or when my car was stock.

#33 ·
wnt2gofst said:
Evo horrible on gas? Umm never heard that. 23mpg on highway isn't bad at all. Its better then what I get now. Or when my car was stock.
23 is pretty awful driving 750+miles a week.. I average around 40ish in my fugly versa now so it makes a big difference. Now if I lived closer to work I may have went with the evo

#43 ·
wnt2gofst said:
It isn't. Its a v6. There is nothing muscle about American V6 engines.
The first muscle cars were 6 cylinder motors, even the corvette started out as a v6, the current v6's make over 300 hp in the pony cars, that's as much if not more than the v8's of a decade ago. You still do not think there is anything muscle about a v6?

#44 ·
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
The first muscle cars were 6 cylinder motors, even the corvette started out as a v6, the current v6's make over 300 hp in the pony cars, that's as much if not more than the v8's of a decade ago. You still do not think there is anything muscle about a v6?
No they are not muscle cars. Want a muscle car buy a GT or above. Want a v6 muscle car buy a Porsche/Ferrari/GTR. Even they are not muscle cars they are sports cars yet they make 500hp and more.

And the vette has always been a v8. Only 7 got a blue flame inline 6 not a v6. That was a 3.9l which would still be bigger then the current 3.7

#46 ·
wnt2gofst said:
No they are not muscle cars. Want a muscle car buy a GT or above. Want a v6 muscle car buy a Porsche/Ferrari/GTR. Even they are not muscle cars they are sports cars yet they make 500hp and more.

And the vette has always been a v8. Only 7 got a blue flame inline 6 not a v6. That was a 3.9l which would still be bigger then the current 3.7
Only Porsche that makes over 500 hp with a FLAT 6 (not inline or v) are the ones that cost over $150000, Porsche has never made a v6 with anywhere close to 500 and they haven't mass produced since the 80's, and only the latest iteration of the GTR makes over 500 hp with a twin turbo v6 also costing close to 6 figures.

The vette came with inline 6's for 3 years and had about 4-5000 with these motors... Not 7. Like I said they started with 6 cylinder motors. And the 2005-10 v6 mustang were 4.0 liter motors so not really sure were displacement comes into this.

I own a GT, I'm not trying to be an a$$ just wondering why you made up your mind that a v6 isn't muscle

#51 ·
The first generation Corvette was introduced late in the 1953 model year and ended in 1962. Often referred to as the "solid-axle" models because the independent rear suspension did not debut until the 1963 Sting Ray. 300 hand-built polo white Corvette convertibles were produced for the 1953 model year. The 1955 model offered the 265 cu in (4.34 L) V8 engine as an option; however, the first seven off the production line featured the standard "Blue Flame" Inline-6. The origin of the Chevrolet Nomad was a two-door wagon concept car built off a 1954 Corvette. Early production Corvettes were fitted with the Chevrolet Powerglide two-speed automatic transmission.....

Porsche and GTR and them still use inline etc to make there power. Yet they are still not muscle cars. WHo cars about price? Yet again the V6 is not a muscle car. Its a ecomony mustang for those that couldn't afford the actually muscle car and get the GT/Boss/GT500 or older the Colbra. Same with the SVO options and what not. For those that wanted the look that wanted to fake the funk and worry about MPG's.

SO yes I stand beside and say the V6 is not a muscle car in the Mustang.

Now I will medicate back up and go back to sleep.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Oh and GM don't consider the Vette a muscle car either.

The Chevrolet Corvette is a sports car by the Chevrolet division of General Motors that has been produced in six generations.

#55 ·
wnt2gofst said:
The first generation Corvette was introduced late in the 1953 model year and ended in 1962. Often referred to as the "solid-axle" models because the independent rear suspension did not debut until the 1963 Sting Ray. 300 hand-built polo white Corvette convertibles were produced for the 1953 model year. The 1955 model offered the 265 cu in (4.34 L) V8 engine as an option; however, the first seven off the production line featured the standard "Blue Flame" Inline-6. The origin of the Chevrolet Nomad was a two-door wagon concept car built off a 1954 Corvette. Early production Corvettes were fitted with the Chevrolet Powerglide two-speed automatic transmission.....

Porsche and GTR and them still use inline etc to make there power. Yet they are still not muscle cars. WHo cars about price? Yet again the V6 is not a muscle car. Its a ecomony mustang for those that couldn't afford the actually muscle car and get the GT/Boss/GT500 or older the Colbra. Same with the SVO options and what not. For those that wanted the look that wanted to fake the funk and worry about MPG's.

SO yes I stand beside and say the V6 is not a muscle car in the Mustang.

Now I will medicate back up and go back to sleep.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Oh and GM don't consider the Vette a muscle car either.

The Chevrolet Corvette is a sports car by the Chevrolet division of General Motors that has been produced in six generations.
Hmm I used to respect the things you say. You have lots of useful knowledge. But now that you are contradicting yourself by saying that the porsche and GTR were muscle cars and going back on that, not sure what to think.

And to say who cares about price? Also makes me think you are less credible. Anyways I'm done and I'm washing my hands of this conversation. You win!!!!! Good job

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

I didn't join this forum to argue with people, just want to pick their brains and gain some knowledge!!

#56 ·
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
Hmm I used to respect the things you say. You have lots of useful knowledge. But now that you are contradicting yourself by saying that the porsche and GTR were muscle cars and going back on that, not sure what to think.

And to say who cares about price? Also makes me think you are less credible. Anyways I'm done and I'm washing my hands of this conversation. You win!!!!! Good job

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

I didn't join this forum to argue with people, just want to pick their brains and gain some knowledge!!
Actually if you read what I first said. You will see I said want a muscle car that is a v6 or inline buy them but even they are not muscle cars they are sports cars. Which is what they are. You saying ya the GTR PORSCHE. Makes big HP with a inline or v6 but cost xxx amount is stupid. That is like a Honda Guy saying you spent 35k on your mustang GT to go 12's when he bought a civic used and built it for 10k and he runs 11's. Cause you could do that. I know guys who have did it. At the end of the day he still in a civic and your still in a new nicer mustang GT. Same for the others. I know I am faster then a lot of cars. A couple vipers, vettes, GTR and a few Porsche that live by me. At end the day they still in the nicer car. Even if they did pay more.

#58 ·
Aren't mustangs considered pony cars not muscle cars? I've read up on it and tbh muscle and pony cars sound pretty much the same to me but just stirring the pot :)

And I like my v6. I don't consider it a muscle car. I guess it's more sporty if anything? But I'm happy with it so that's all that matters really.

#59 ·
CYCLON37 said:
Aren't mustangs considered pony cars not muscle cars? I've read up on it and tbh muscle and pony cars sound pretty much the same to me but just stirring the pot :)

And I like my v6. I don't consider it a muscle car. I guess it's more sporty if anything? But I'm happy with it so that's all that matters really.
As long as your happy.

Couple of us are still trying to figure out how you went from a evo or mustang and DD to a v6 and DD. The GT is no more then a evo. So what made you get the v6.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.