2014 Mustang sedan.... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #36
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
SCCofSV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Burbank,Well, Close enough!
Region: California
Posts: 366
Re: 2014 Mustang sedan....

If it isn't a Joke, I personally hope it only comes with a straight V6, Auto Trans. No Bells No Whistles! It isn't a muscle car! And there you have it!
SCCofSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
NeedSomeMods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Region: Texas
Posts: 775
Crap. It's growing on me.
especially the idea of an AWD 5.0..
__________________
2000 V6 - RIP
The '94 -
NeedSomeMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
SkoSter06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 37
There will never be a mustang sedan. Ford isn't like dodge that takes a sports car (charger) and makes it a family sedan!!
SkoSter06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-02-2012, 06:08 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
NuckChorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoSter06
There will never be a mustang sedan. Ford isn't like dodge that takes a sports car (charger) and makes it a family sedan!!
If Ford thinks they can make a dollar off of it. They'll do it.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #40
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: 2014 Mustang sedan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCofSV View Post
If it isn't a Joke, I personally hope it only comes with a straight V6, Auto Trans. No Bells No Whistles! It isn't a muscle car! And there you have it!
Then that means the 2dr V6 isn't a muscle car....
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:19 AM   #41
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Boooooo
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #42
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

Then that means the 2dr V6 isn't a muscle car....
It isn't. Its a v6. There is nothing muscle about American V6 engines.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #43
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

It isn't. Its a v6. There is nothing muscle about American V6 engines.
The first muscle cars were 6 cylinder motors, even the corvette started out as a v6, the current v6's make over 300 hp in the pony cars, that's as much if not more than the v8's of a decade ago. You still do not think there is anything muscle about a v6?
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #44
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

The first muscle cars were 6 cylinder motors, even the corvette started out as a v6, the current v6's make over 300 hp in the pony cars, that's as much if not more than the v8's of a decade ago. You still do not think there is anything muscle about a v6?
No they are not muscle cars. Want a muscle car buy a GT or above. Want a v6 muscle car buy a Porsche/Ferrari/GTR. Even they are not muscle cars they are sports cars yet they make 500hp and more.

And the vette has always been a v8. Only 7 got a blue flame inline 6 not a v6. That was a 3.9l which would still be bigger then the current 3.7
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: 2014 Mustang sedan....

Crazy.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #46
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

No they are not muscle cars. Want a muscle car buy a GT or above. Want a v6 muscle car buy a Porsche/Ferrari/GTR. Even they are not muscle cars they are sports cars yet they make 500hp and more.

And the vette has always been a v8. Only 7 got a blue flame inline 6 not a v6. That was a 3.9l which would still be bigger then the current 3.7
Only Porsche that makes over 500 hp with a FLAT 6 (not inline or v) are the ones that cost over $150000, Porsche has never made a v6 with anywhere close to 500 and they haven't mass produced since the 80's, and only the latest iteration of the GTR makes over 500 hp with a twin turbo v6 also costing close to 6 figures.

The vette came with inline 6's for 3 years and had about 4-5000 with these motors... Not 7. Like I said they started with 6 cylinder motors. And the 2005-10 v6 mustang were 4.0 liter motors so not really sure were displacement comes into this.

I own a GT, I'm not trying to be an a$$ just wondering why you made up your mind that a v6 isn't muscle
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #47
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: 2014 Mustang sedan....

I knew that comment was gonna start a fire......damnit!

Let's get back on topic.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #48
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
You guys did read the whole thing right.....?

Best April Fools prank I've seen in awhile.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #49
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
It was a good one, had me going until someone said it was a prank hahaha
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #50
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: 2014 Mustang sedan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
You guys did read the whole thing right.....?

Best April Fools prank I've seen in awhile.

Read? What's that? It's car porn.....I just look at the pics.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #51
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: 2014 Mustang sedan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Only Porsche that makes over 500 hp with a FLAT 6 (not inline or v) are the ones that cost over $150000, Porsche has never made a v6 with anywhere close to 500 and they haven't mass produced since the 80's, and only the latest iteration of the GTR makes over 500 hp with a twin turbo v6 also costing close to 6 figures.

The vette came with inline 6's for 3 years and had about 4-5000 with these motors... Not 7. Like I said they started with 6 cylinder motors. And the 2005-10 v6 mustang were 4.0 liter motors so not really sure were displacement comes into this.

I own a GT, I'm not trying to be an a$$ just wondering why you made up your mind that a v6 isn't muscle
The first generation Corvette was introduced late in the 1953 model year and ended in 1962. Often referred to as the "solid-axle" models because the independent rear suspension did not debut until the 1963 Sting Ray. 300 hand-built polo white Corvette convertibles were produced for the 1953 model year. The 1955 model offered the 265 cu in (4.34 L) V8 engine as an option; however, the first seven off the production line featured the standard "Blue Flame" Inline-6. The origin of the Chevrolet Nomad was a two-door wagon concept car built off a 1954 Corvette. Early production Corvettes were fitted with the Chevrolet Powerglide two-speed automatic transmission.....

Porsche and GTR and them still use inline etc to make there power. Yet they are still not muscle cars. WHo cars about price? Yet again the V6 is not a muscle car. Its a ecomony mustang for those that couldn't afford the actually muscle car and get the GT/Boss/GT500 or older the Colbra. Same with the SVO options and what not. For those that wanted the look that wanted to fake the funk and worry about MPG's.

SO yes I stand beside and say the V6 is not a muscle car in the Mustang.

Now I will medicate back up and go back to sleep.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Oh and GM don't consider the Vette a muscle car either.

The Chevrolet Corvette is a sports car by the Chevrolet division of General Motors that has been produced in six generations.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: 2014 Mustang sedan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
Well it was either an EVO or the mustang and a daily driver. I drive about 150miles, 5 days a week. That was the real deciding factor.. EVO's are horrible on gas. Trust me, I would have loved the EVO or the GT but I do a lot of driving which sucksss! I may upgrade soon though as I may have another deployment coming up But think my first priority is getting a place closer to my job!!!! Lol. In which case I may just supercharge or turbocharge my 6. We'll see..
If I had to go down to one car that was going to be daily driven all year, it would be an Evo. I went the Mustang + a DD route myself. The DD gets ~40MPG, and the stang goes fast. I wouldn't want to try to DD a stang in Ohio, too much heavy rain and snow (although we got lucky on the snow this winter).
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #53
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: 2014 Mustang sedan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
If I had to go down to one car that was going to be daily driven all year, it would be an Evo. I went the Mustang + a DD route myself. The DD gets ~40MPG, and the stang goes fast. I wouldn't want to try to DD a stang in Ohio, too much heavy rain and snow (although we got lucky on the snow this winter).
So your confused how it was a DD and a EVO/Mustang and he ended p with a V6 and a DD also huh. A new EVO cost no more then a new GT. SO why end up getting the V6?
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: 2014 Mustang sedan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
So your confused how it was a DD and a EVO/Mustang and he ended p with a V6 and a DD also huh. A new EVO cost no more then a new GT. SO why end up getting the V6?
Yeah, lost on that as well...

Also, this was a great April Fools Day prank but I think I like the Japanese Muscle one the best this time around.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #55
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
The first generation Corvette was introduced late in the 1953 model year and ended in 1962. Often referred to as the "solid-axle" models because the independent rear suspension did not debut until the 1963 Sting Ray. 300 hand-built polo white Corvette convertibles were produced for the 1953 model year. The 1955 model offered the 265 cu in (4.34 L) V8 engine as an option; however, the first seven off the production line featured the standard "Blue Flame" Inline-6. The origin of the Chevrolet Nomad was a two-door wagon concept car built off a 1954 Corvette. Early production Corvettes were fitted with the Chevrolet Powerglide two-speed automatic transmission.....

Porsche and GTR and them still use inline etc to make there power. Yet they are still not muscle cars. WHo cars about price? Yet again the V6 is not a muscle car. Its a ecomony mustang for those that couldn't afford the actually muscle car and get the GT/Boss/GT500 or older the Colbra. Same with the SVO options and what not. For those that wanted the look that wanted to fake the funk and worry about MPG's.

SO yes I stand beside and say the V6 is not a muscle car in the Mustang.

Now I will medicate back up and go back to sleep.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Oh and GM don't consider the Vette a muscle car either.

The Chevrolet Corvette is a sports car by the Chevrolet division of General Motors that has been produced in six generations.
Hmm I used to respect the things you say. You have lots of useful knowledge. But now that you are contradicting yourself by saying that the porsche and GTR were muscle cars and going back on that, not sure what to think.

And to say who cares about price? Also makes me think you are less credible. Anyways I'm done and I'm washing my hands of this conversation. You win!!!!! Good job

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

I didn't join this forum to argue with people, just want to pick their brains and gain some knowledge!!
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #56
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Hmm I used to respect the things you say. You have lots of useful knowledge. But now that you are contradicting yourself by saying that the porsche and GTR were muscle cars and going back on that, not sure what to think.

And to say who cares about price? Also makes me think you are less credible. Anyways I'm done and I'm washing my hands of this conversation. You win!!!!! Good job

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

I didn't join this forum to argue with people, just want to pick their brains and gain some knowledge!!
Actually if you read what I first said. You will see I said want a muscle car that is a v6 or inline buy them but even they are not muscle cars they are sports cars. Which is what they are. You saying ya the GTR PORSCHE. Makes big HP with a inline or v6 but cost xxx amount is stupid. That is like a Honda Guy saying you spent 35k on your mustang GT to go 12's when he bought a civic used and built it for 10k and he runs 11's. Cause you could do that. I know guys who have did it. At the end of the day he still in a civic and your still in a new nicer mustang GT. Same for the others. I know I am faster then a lot of cars. A couple vipers, vettes, GTR and a few Porsche that live by me. At end the day they still in the nicer car. Even if they did pay more.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #57
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: 2014 Mustang sedan....

But that mu opinion on a v6 mustang don't have to be yours. If I wanted a V6 i would have bought an Accord/Camary.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
Aren't mustangs considered pony cars not muscle cars? I've read up on it and tbh muscle and pony cars sound pretty much the same to me but just stirring the pot

And I like my v6. I don't consider it a muscle car. I guess it's more sporty if anything? But I'm happy with it so that's all that matters really.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #59
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
Aren't mustangs considered pony cars not muscle cars? I've read up on it and tbh muscle and pony cars sound pretty much the same to me but just stirring the pot

And I like my v6. I don't consider it a muscle car. I guess it's more sporty if anything? But I'm happy with it so that's all that matters really.
As long as your happy.

Couple of us are still trying to figure out how you went from a evo or mustang and DD to a v6 and DD. The GT is no more then a evo. So what made you get the v6.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

As long as your happy.

Couple of us are still trying to figure out how you went from a evo or mustang and DD to a v6 and DD. The GT is no more then a evo. So what made you get the v6.
Oh no. It was either the V6 and DD OR just the EVO. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #61
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

Oh no. It was either the V6 and DD OR just the EVO. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Ahh OK..we was a little confused in other thread.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Ahh OK..we was a little confused in other thread.
So all that craziness could have been avoided??? Haha sorry everyone!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #63
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

So all that craziness could have been avoided??? Haha sorry everyone!
All good..but sorry would have taken the evo...lol
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
medicespo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 233
I like it Actually i would pimp it out if i had kids
__________________
2012 GT 5.0
6speed manual
flowmaster super 10's
lethal performance o/r x pipe
BAMA sct tuner
35% tint all the way round
medicespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mich mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Michigan
Posts: 101
Just re- read the Motor Trend article. Update: April fools. I think Ford would sell a lot of four door cars with sex appeal. The new SHO has NO appeal. Dodge sells a lot of Chargers because they have flair. Just sayin
Mich mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #66
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich mustang
Just re- read the Motor Trend article. Update: April fools. I think Ford would sell a lot of four door cars with sex appeal. The new SHO has NO appeal. Dodge sells a lot of Chargers because they have flair. Just sayin
SHO is down way to much power to the chargers.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Mustangs are muscle cars. Period. Is a GT a more powerful muscle car? Yes. V6 is still a muscle car tho.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #68
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang
Mustangs are muscle cars. Period. Is a GT a more powerful muscle car? Yes. V6 is still a muscle car tho.
Sure...
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2014 mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My First Mustang Raul 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 18 04-10-2012 12:20 PM
My First Mustang Dwhitney87 New Member Introductions & Greetings 22 04-06-2012 11:14 AM
01 Mustang vs 99 camaro? 01StangGt 1996-2004 Mustang GT 23 04-04-2012 07:05 AM
Sally :: 2004 Ford Mustang GT StackeStang Member Garages 0 03-31-2012 01:25 PM
make mustang sound louder? meganzhang General Mustang Discussion 1 03-31-2012 02:22 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:47 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.