2013 mustang custom orders - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2012, 03:16 AM   #1

Region: Tennessee
2013 mustang custom orders

Hey guys, have any of you ordered and received your 2013 mustang yet???? If so how long did it take to get from the date you ordered to get your VIN and window sticker and all that? I'm trying to formulate a guess as to when I'm going to get mine in.. Any info helps even if you haven't gotten yours yet! Let me know how long it took to get a VIN and stuff!
Dastefster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
A lot of it depends on options you ordered. Color of car, options inside and out. Could be 4 weeks wait could be 4 months.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: 2013 mustang custom orders

I'm reminded of Blizzard's definition of "soon."

Soon - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

A VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation I believe) is available after your dealer puts in the order, a DORA (dealer's confirmation/copy of your order essentially) a few days after, both only available from your dealer. Both have your Order # and your dealer's code so once you get a copy of one of them, you can track your order through Ford's Customer Care center if you wish. If you want to be sure that your car was ordered correctly, you should ask to match the VOC to the DORA.

Orders placed now seem to be taking about two weeks to get a VIN, another week or two to get a window sticker with a build date of a week or so later. Shipping takes about 2 weeks and you might experience a week or two delay in there somewhere, so I'd expect the whole process to take close to 8 weeks.

About a week or two after you get your VIN, add it to the end of one of the links below (add an "h" to the beginning of the 1st one) to get your window sticker, which will have the build date in the upper, right-hand corner IIRC. If you get a bad link error, the sticker isnt ready yet.

ttp://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...icker.pdf?vin=
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman
A VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation I believe) is available after your dealer puts in the order, a DORA (dealer's confirmation/copy of your order essentially) a few days after, both only available from your dealer. Both have your Order # and your dealer's code so once you get a copy of one of them, you can track your order through Ford's Customer Care center if you wish. If you want to be sure that your car was ordered correctly, you should ask to match the VOC to the DORA.

Orders placed now seem to be taking about two weeks to get a VIN, another week or two to get a window sticker with a build date of a week or so later. Shipping takes about 2 weeks and you might experience a week or two delay in there somewhere, so I'd expect the whole process to take close to 8 weeks.

About a week or two after you get your VIN, add it to the end of one of the links below (add an "h" to the beginning of the 1st one) to get your window sticker, which will have the build date in the upper, right-hand corner IIRC. If you get a bad link error, the sticker isnt ready yet.

ttp://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...icker.pdf?vin=
Thanks a lot for all the information! Do you work for Ford? Or have you just been through this process a lot?
Old 04-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

N/p man. No, this is my 3rd stang in a row but the first that Im ordering from the factory. Im just anal about my **** (pun intended...ha ha) and have collected that info I gave you over the past 3 months from various sources. Why dealers cant just give you that info up front, I have no idea!

-JmC

EDIT: Whoops on the language. Thought I was answering a PM on this phone app...lol.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #7

Quote:
N/p man. No, this is my 3rd stang in a row but the first that Im ordering from the factory. Im just anal about my **** (pun intended...ha ha) and have collected that info I gave you over the past 3 months from various sources. Why dealers cant just give you that info up front, I have no idea!

-JmC
Ohhhh yeah me too. This will be my 3rd stang but the first Ive ordered. When did you order yours? And how far along the process
(vin->sticker-> build->ship) Are you?

Yeah I agree with you the dealers don't give you any information. It really sucks.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastefster

Ohhhh yeah me too. This will be my 3rd stang but the first Ive ordered. When did you order yours? And how far along the process
(vin->sticker-> build->ship) Are you?

Yeah I agree with you the dealers don't give you any information. It really sucks.
Walked into first dealership 1.4.12, got the run around, found a new dealer, finally got it ordered 2.6 but production didnt start until 2.27. Good thing I waited a couple weeks as I was originally thinking another V6, but ended up with a GT. Got my VIN over a week ago and still no window sticker, but I believe my build week is 4.9, so Ill probably see it this week and my dealer tells me 4.19 ETA on delivery. Those ETAs often change, though, usually pushed back from what Ive read, though somebody got their car almost two weeks early.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Walked into first dealership 1.4.12, got the run around, found a new dealer, finally got it ordered 2.6 but production didnt start until 2.27. Good thing I waited a couple weeks as I was originally thinking another V6, but ended up with a GT. Got my VIN over a week ago and still no window sticker, but I believe my build week is 4.9, so Ill probably see it this week and my dealer tells me 4.19 ETA on delivery. Those ETAs often change, though, usually pushed back from what Ive read, though somebody got their car almost two weeks early.
Yeah, I have a V6 now and I got a GT this time. I'm excited! It's good to finally talk to someone who has ordered a 13'. I ordered mine 3/24/12. It shouldn't take mine as long as it took yours to enter production because they're now hitting the lots and they weren't when you ordered yours. I spoke to someone on the phone the end of last week and yet said I should have a vin in a week or two! What options/color is the GT you ordered?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Just talked to my dealer and there is a delay in production due to Brembo brakes shortage. I also got a VIN number and was told that my GT was to be finished on April 5th and that it was to be shipped on the 12th with a delivery to the dealer around the 19th. They really don't know when they are coming. I was told that they were calling Dearborn, Michigan tomorrow to see what the story is so don't believe anything they tell you. I am in the Chicago area and you can't find any Mustangs anywhere. A dealer in West Chicago has a red GT with the track package and we wants full sticker price and no deals. I guess we will have to wait. As soon as I hear anything tomorrow I will post the info.
maltesefalcon19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltesefalcon19 View Post
Just talked to my dealer and there is a delay in production due to Brembo brakes shortage. I also got a VIN number and was told that my GT was to be finished on April 5th and that it was to be shipped on the 12th with a delivery to the dealer around the 19th. They really don't know when they are coming. I was told that they were calling Dearborn, Michigan tomorrow to see what the story is so don't believe anything they tell you. I am in the Chicago area and you can't find any Mustangs anywhere. A dealer in West Chicago has a red GT with the track package and we wants full sticker price and no deals. I guess we will have to wait. As soon as I hear anything tomorrow I will post the info.
well....I don't think thats true..because I know a few people, including myself, that have the track pack/brembo break pack, that their cars have entered production/finished. My car started production on the 20th and will be done in a matter of days...so the dealer is bs'ing around with you.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #12

Region: Canada
Naa. I have just ordered mine and having the same issue because of the package
13MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13MustangGT View Post
Naa. I have just ordered mine and having the same issue because of the package
well then explain to me why my car (and a few of my friend's cars) are being built/have been built that have the pack?
Old 04-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #14

Well maybe they didn't have the shortage at that time. One week they are good and the one after maybe not, production is tight at Ford, thats why they are not stuck with a whole lot of cars standing in the lot. I guess sometimes you just get lucky with allocations.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Well maybe they didn't have the shortage at that time. One week they are good and the one after maybe not, production is tight at Ford, thats why they are not stuck with a whole lot of cars standing in the lot. I guess sometimes you just get lucky with allocations.
yeah a lot has to do with priority i've heard. Like if they have 20 brembo packs in stock they'll be "in stock" for the people with higher priority and "not in stock" for people with lower priority from a dealer with a lower allocation.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #16

Yeah. Apparently they are only building the retail orders right now. So any dealer that wants a GT with the Brembo pack in stock, it wont happen, they will just reject the order
Old 04-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I was told that my car was done and ready for delivery also. Maybe you are right or maybe you will be waiting like us. I will post what they tell me tomorrow. Let me know if you get yours because then I will want more answers. What color is yours. Mine is Deep Impact Blue and that might have something to do with it also. Who knows, they are car dealers and are as full of BS as anyone. I am sure they want the sale. If I get any more BS I will go to the owner. They have been in business for 36 years and I bought my last Mustang from them. My son wants to buy a F150 so I'll throw that bone at them and see if it helps.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #18

I am a dealer so i can a bit understand what your dealer is going through with allocations. Mine is Performance White.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Old 04-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

I ordered mine last Monday and it hasn't been picked up by ford yet...black gt base with recaros. It's only a week old build though. I hate waiting.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltesefalcon19 View Post
I was told that my car was done and ready for delivery also. Maybe you are right or maybe you will be waiting like us. I will post what they tell me tomorrow. Let me know if you get yours because then I will want more answers. What color is yours. Mine is Deep Impact Blue and that might have something to do with it also. Who knows, they are car dealers and are as full of BS as anyone. I am sure they want the sale. If I get any more BS I will go to the owner. They have been in business for 36 years and I bought my last Mustang from them. My son wants to buy a F150 so I'll throw that bone at them and see if it helps.
i certainly HOPE NOT! & I ordered a grabber blue

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16 View Post
I ordered mine last Monday and it hasn't been picked up by ford yet...black gt base with recaros. It's only a week old build though. I hate waiting.
i hate to break it to you but you have a long road ahead of you haha
Old 04-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

How long did it take before they told you yours was built/ready?
Old 04-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #23

Quote:
well I ordered on 3/24/12 and it started production on 4/20/12...but from what i've read/heard...thats pretty fast, i'm one of the lucky ones
Old 04-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ordered before production began, which was on 2.27. My (final?) ETA is 04.28, but yours shouldn't take two months.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #25
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky

It's very possible, Motortrend covered an explosion at a German brake line resin auto maker that produces over half of the world's brake line resin.

Check it out

Report: Resin Shortage Could Cripple Auto Production - WOT on Motor Trend

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I am a dealer so i can a bit understand what your dealer is going through with allocations. Mine is Performance White.
Got a question for you as you are a dealer. As I said yesterday my dealer was going to get back to me why my order of a 2013 GT back on 2/20/2012 was not started. Yesterday it was maybe brakes, maybe production, and the info that the vin number I got and the due date were incorrect for a May 1st delivery. Today I am told that they had to trade an allocation to another dealer, a GT500, to get my car done.The other dealer needed it and did not have ability to get. I am told I should be " thankful " that they did this for me to get my car built. What kind of situation would cause them to get in this no win situation. If they were not going to be able to deliver on the order in the first place, why did they let me hang two months and then come up with this ? Would appreciate your honest comment as I am a businessman and this type of thing would not fly with my customers. Especially a $ 30 K plus order in a lousy economy. Thx
"The true test of a leader is whether his followers will adhere to his cause from their own volition, enduring the most arduous hardships without being forced to do so, and remaining steadfast in the moments of greatest peril."

Xenophon
Old 04-26-2012, 03:00 AM   #27

Region: Florida

I ordered my 2013 GT Track Pack(Performance White) on 2/16/12. Got my VIN# on 3/22/12...build start date was given to my dealer as 4/10/12, and believe it or not, i picked the car up on 4/19/12. Im pretty sure they started production before the 10th because when my salesman checked on the database, the car was already heading to the rail yard on the 11th. They can track it once they have the VIN if I'm not mistaken. It was pretty cool following across the country.
JAMclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Got my vin # today and was sent into production. Anticipation is getting the better of me!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #29

Region: New Jersey
I'm new to this forum but wanted to tell you my story so far...it's been great. Ordered a convertible GT manual with almost every option including Brembo package and electronics/navigation on April 18. Dealer gave me the VIN number today (one week later) with a copy of my DORA and VOC and the window sticker. He also gave me the dealer invoice from Ford with sticker price $45,715 selling to me for invoice price $42,802. Production date is May 2.
Jdeghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdeghetto
I'm new to this forum but wanted to tell you my story so far...it's been great. Ordered a convertible GT manual with almost every option including Brembo package and electronics/navigation on April 18. Dealer gave me the VIN number today (one week later) with a copy of my DORA and VOC and the window sticker. He also gave me the dealer invoice from Ford with sticker price $45,715 selling to me for invoice price $42,802. Production date is May 2.
Nice.. I woulda got a boss spending that kinda $$ though.. Just me though..
Old 04-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #31

Region: Michigan

Ordered a GT/CS in Race Red on 3/23. Got VIN no. and was told 4/30 build date. Sold my 05 GT on Monday and found out my new build date is 5/29. Rumor from Flat Rock is that it's a headlamp issue. I'm stuck with my cycle so I hope it warms up soon!
Chkmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #32

Region: New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
Nice.. I woulda got a boss spending that kinda $$ though.. Just me though..
I would have but I had to have a convertible. Did not want to wait for the GT500.
Jdeghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdeghetto
I would have but I had to have a convertible. Did not want to wait for the GT500.
I kinda assumed that was the issue.. I wouldn't ever even think about it myself.. Just seems like it takes away from the muscle car and makes it more of a leisure car.. That's just my thoughts though not talkin crap.. To each their own!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chkmte
Ordered a GT/CS in Race Red on 3/23. Got VIN no. and was told 4/30 build date. Sold my 05 GT on Monday and found out my new build date is 5/29. Rumor from Flat Rock is that it's a headlamp issue. I'm stuck with my cycle so I hope it warms up soon!
Headlamp issue? Crap... I just got mine 2 days ago and the night I took it home the top drivers side led strip in the headlight went out. I hope they can fix it quickly...
akmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chkmte
Aw that sucks. What part of the country?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang