Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Blown piston

3K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  NuckChorris 
#1 ·
Looks like one of my pistons is messed up, ill hear word from the dealership in regards to whats really wrong tomorrow! Hope warranty covers it

#6 ·
If it is, and you're stock, then this will get very interesting very quickly. Any info you could provide would be useful to the rest of us, but I would refrain from discussing any activities such as drag racing, etc, until this is all over with.

Ford DOES monitor these forums and WILL use anything you say here against you if they can. This is not conjecture, they used posts and threads in their NHTSA response to the MT82 investigation.

#9 ·
Subscribed. If your car is bone stock and it's a #8 piston issue Ford needs to look into it heavily. And a recall should be done across the board in my opinion. Whatever they did to resolve this on the 2013s needs to be issued to all the 2011 & 2012 5.0s. (We already know the 13s have different motors with the pistons being different and minus the oil squirters.) I don't care if it means new motors. Ford won't like it but right is right. Interested to see how this goes.

#10 ·
NuckChorris said:
Subscribed. If your car is bone stock and it's a #8 piston issue Ford needs to look into it heavily. And a recall should be done across the board in my opinion. Whatever they did to resolve this on the 2013s needs to be issued to all the 2011 & 2012 5.0s. (We already know the 13s have different motors with the pistons being different and minus the oil squirters.) I don't care if it means new motors. Ford won't like it but right is right. Interested to see how this goes.
Agreed. I'm getting annoyed reading all this stuff. I'm sitting here scared to mod my car which is starting to piss me off. Problem free as of now so I can't complain but I only got 7700miles on it. Trading it loses me more money then I ever wanted to on this car. Weird thing Is I haven't come up on anybody having problems with a blown 5.0 yet, that's my main mod I wanna do and have been ready to but it's scary seeing all this. It will be interesting to see what the dealer says about this one.

#11 ·
You guys are right...if there is a flaw with these motors ford should adress them, although when it comes to modifying this is the chance you take. You gotta pay to play, even if its minor mods. My mechanic who builds drag motors (not a bolt on mechanic but a real engine builder) to me the same thing cause i told him i wanna do a blower and he said he can do it but he warned me once you go down that path be ready to spend some money

#14 ·
Jack Israelyan said:
Spoke to the advisor today he said hes still waiting on ford to tell him how to proceed (bs)
Also he tried to say i have low oil, unless the engine is just eating oil thats bs, i bought the car certified preowned in january
Lets see how this goes
Typical. They will try to say its your fault for not checking the oil. They are probably waiting due to sending the ecu to ford engineering to be analyzed and make sure you didn't have a tune. Hopefully the guy who had it before you didn't tune it, if he did you're boned.

#21 ·
JG5.0 said:
Agreed. I'm getting annoyed reading all this stuff. I'm sitting here scared to mod my car which is starting to piss me off. Problem free as of now so I can't complain but I only got 7700miles on it. Trading it loses me more money then I ever wanted to on this car. Weird thing Is I haven't come up on anybody having problems with a blown 5.0 yet, that's my main mod I wanna do and have been ready to but it's scary seeing all this. It will be interesting to see what the dealer says about this one.
I know a few that had issues with blowers. But it was from trying to run to much boost and having a bad tune. Running it super lean etc. Ones that have a blower and tuned right running 10lbs less boost have no issues.

#22 ·
wnt2gofst said:
I know a few that had issues with blowers. But it was from trying to run to much boost and having a bad tune. Running it super lean etc. Ones that have a blower and tuned right running 10lbs less boost have no issues.
Yeah for sure. I wouldn't put more then 8-9lbs on mine. Just run the tune they send it with since they warranty it as well. Paxton's kit looks the best coming with the bigger unit for future upgrades possibly.

#23 ·
JG5.0 said:
Yeah for sure. I wouldn't put more then 8-9lbs on mine. Just run the tune they send it with since they warranty it as well. Paxton's kit looks the best coming with the bigger unit for future upgrades possibly.
Ya the paxton is the best deal. Main reason went with it. Was between it and the Roush for me.

#25 ·
JG5.0 said:
I'm so ready but all these issues coming up are not helping. Especially now that they changed the cylinder wall material in the new ones and messed around with some internals.
They sleeved the new ones and deleted the oil squirters. I'm not worried. To many moded ones that have no issues. All ne cars have issues. Ford isn't only ones who will void warranty for tunes. GM does on camaro some, Nissan on the GTR and Honda on SI's. You will always hear of one or two issues but never of the 10,000 modded ones with no issues.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Can't wait to see what dealer says. Op any proof car was stock.

#27 ·
Jack Israelyan said:
I heard nissan is the worst in terms of the gt-r if
U use launch control it voids warranty
Myth. That was older GTR's. They actually did some work with the tranny and made them better. Sad thing is maintenance on a GTR. A oil change for tranny I was just told was almost $800. Engine was almost another $700. I thought 130 was bad for my 5.0

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.