pypes x-pipe...help asap - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
pypes x-pipe...help asap

Has anyone have one or know of someone that has the pypes x-pipe that is installed after the cats? Hp gains? Sound?

Its cheap and was thinking about buying it just as a temporary before i get a full system. Im looking to pick up a little extra hp before friday. And the pipe is only like $139 from AM. Some feedback please....even if its about another type of xpipe..like to hear the hp gains side of it, if any
btlefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
My custom built xpipe installed was 150
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

It help HP at all? That u can tell?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
From what I could tell maybe a little bit but unless you go uncatted it's really only for sound but the sound is great and it was worth the money. My full custom exhaust including mid pipe was 400 by the way
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: pypes x-pipe...help asap

Exactly what about this requires "help asap?" AM will be in business for some time and there are plenty of thread and articles regarding the gains from offroad and after cat x pipes.

If you still can't be bothered to use the search function or google, you can expect little to no gains. Probably 5hp or less, well within normal dyno variances. The biggest difference you will see is in sound.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
If not getting rid of the cats its a waste of money.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I thought forums are here to talk about experiences with certain products (not the only reason i know)...should i just google everything to find my answer?

It has to be ordered by tomorrow if i want it on by friday?
Old 04-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by btlefed View Post
I thought forums are here to talk about experiences with certain products (not the only reason i know)...should i just google everything to find my answer?

I think that you will find that most people here are more than willing to help you, but that common questions like this have been discussed many times on this forum and many others. It becomes ... tiresome ... answering the same questions over, and over, and over.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
If not getting rid of the cats its a waste of money.
Thank you, wnt2gofst.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btlefed

What he is getting at is this question has been asked a billion times. That why he said search here. But as I said if going to do get a off road x pipe for actual gains.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

I think that you will find that most people here are more than willing to help you, but that common questions like this have been discussed many times on this forum and many others. It becomes ... tiresome ... answering the same questions over, and over, and over.
Well sorry, i will just search all my questions and get the most relevant data possible.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #12
Road Trip!

Quote:

Well sorry, i will just search all my questions and get the most relevant data possible.
I think you missed the point. I mention this kinda stuff about a month ago when the 100th thread about do I need an adjustable panhard bar if I lower or was it do I void warranty with a tune thread for the 10000th time. His point is if you just do a little search 99% of your questions can most likely be found where they was talked about in-depth.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

No i understand the point. I searched it and nothing came up on the pypes. So i started a thread. At that goes for about 75% of everything posted is repeat information. But when you start a new thread, your hoping to catch a new person or some that may have just installed it recently. If u dont like the topic then you dont have to click on it. Its simple. I see why i dont use this things. Im a new blogger and since i havent been on here long, im a idiot.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
No i understand the point. I searched it and nothing came up on the pypes. So i started a thread. At that goes for about 75% of everything posted is repeat information. But when you start a new thread, your hoping to catch a new person or some that may have just installed it recently. If u dont like the topic then you dont have to click on it. Its simple. I see why i dont use this things. Im a new blogger and since i havent been on here long, im a idiot.
I understand what you saying. Your not an idiot. It happens to the best of us.

OK any way. As said before unless deleting your cats you will not gain any power really. Maybe 3-5hp if lucky. Most will be sound you gain. And an x pipe is an x pipe. They may have different names but most are made by one or two companies in the long run.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by btlefed View Post
Nobody said you were an idiot ... don't take it so personally. It's just frustrating to see a thread with "help asap" in the title and find out it's a simple question (that isn't really all that urgent) that has been answered before. Maybe not for the specific pypes brand x, but they are pretty much all the same.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT