Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New 5.0 impresses me everyday.

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  white2011gt 
#1 ·
A member on S197 just hit 442whp/419wtq by adding Kooks LTs,catted H,JLT and custom dyno tune.

****ING AMAZING!! Thats 3V blower #s! :headbang:

#3 ·
That is nice..wait till he does a boss intake and stretches them rpms out.

And ya my buddy has a 06 withfull exhaust KB SC and makes right at 450whp in his auto. He hates that the 5.0's can make so much power. But he was like I keep my car no way I get what I want for it to buy a new one.

#5 ·
is all that power coming form just the exhaust and the tune or does the CAI help if there's exhaust work in addition? sorry to keep asking you this stuff but you've done everything to both auto and mani and you're a plethora of information lol

very curious because I don;t know wether to do some bolt ons or to just supercharge it... I feel like a 3.73 manual would be better with bolt ons since first gear is already useless in stock form

#11 ·
Nice! you still on the stock tune with that? I'm gonna leave my car with only one tank to keep refilling lol

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

If you can do a supercharger then do it. Best bang for the Buck on power and money. Then from there you can always add on. Exhaust/boss intake(depending on blower) more boost, forged internals etc.
That's what I'm leaning towards but I'm going to wait for my 72 thousand mile warranty to go away... I've already got 35k miles on the thing so it should be there in another 9 months or so lol

#7 ·
Yep, life is pretty good. I have had several mustangs, going back as far as a '68 but, I was never going to buy one as long as that iron-lung 4.6 was under the hood. I hated that engine from its first appearance in '96. It got better, obviously but, I couldn't get over my prejudice.

This double cammer is an absolute jewel inside a can of whupass.

I have a 3.73 manual '12 on Brembo and it's a fantastic street package, highly recommended. I recently added the mild Procal tune which really perks up the bottom end, improves throttle response and overall power as well. It even gets good gas mileage, relatively, of course :)

#8 ·
stangaroo said:
is all that power coming form just the exhaust and the tune or does the CAI help if there's exhaust work in addition? sorry to keep asking you this stuff but you've done everything to both auto and mani and you're a plethora of information lol

very curious because I don;t know wether to do some bolt ons or to just supercharge it... I feel like a 3.73 manual would be better with bolt ons since first gear is already useless in stock form
If you can do a supercharger then do it. Best bang for the Buck on power and money. Then from there you can always add on. Exhaust/boss intake(depending on blower) more boost, forged internals etc.

#9 ·
I would like to see some more threads or dyno sheets showing power on cars with this combo (minus the boss intake) before I make up my mind. I was about to pull the trigger on a OR X until this thread came about. Of anyone comes across anything similar to this please feel free to post the link in this thread.

#10 ·
one thing I've learned in ~30 years of frolicking with cars: Set goals, find out what mods you need to achieve the goals, then do it once and do it right. you can nickel and dime yourself into the poorhouse without accomplishing anything significant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.