Mustang Evolution Forum banner

SCT "return to stock" problem

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  wnt2gofst 
#1 ·
Today I pulled my JLT carbon fiber CAI off and flashed to stock(Actually a dyno tune being saved as).I put stock CAI back on and Something went way wrong.I could not even get the car to start much less find a idle.Not sure what the real problem was.I ended up puttting the JLT and 93 race tune back in. My SCT was holding a really sweet tune as the stock.I was gonna go dyno it with it but this problem came up.Not sure if the SCT somehow screwed up that tune or what. The only logical thing it could be I guess is the sct thinking it was stock file when it actually was a tune and unable to correctly save it like that.Anybody ever have this problem or anything like it??

#2 ·
I once pissed off the antitheft system trying to tune it and it wouldn't start at all. All the vehicle systems went haywire and it wouldn't let me tune or return to stock. Had to give it an hr or do till the system calmed back down and I was able to return to stock.

Not sure if this is what you're talking about or not...

#3 ·
Nah....It would turn over and try to run but it would never catch......for sure a problem of some sort.I have heard people talk about what you are saying though.I think the device can or does not have the ability to hold a tune that is not stock.My guess is it is destroyed.So for now I will just stick with the jlt and 93-R tune.I want to do about 4-5 more things and just go get a good custom dyno tune.Debating on buying the pieces from BBK to delete cats.Should bolt to my X-pipe I think.I am still on the fence about doing a roush SC. Anyway....Maybe somebody else will give some feedback on the thread.

#4 ·
Anybody else?

#5 ·
I am having a whole new issue. Only build about 7.6 lbs of boost with a crazy drop around 6000 rpms. Then starts building again. Its with stall I put in slipping or the blower acting stupid.

#6 ·
What size stall? Is it bad out the box maybe? It's always something man.I am pissed about losing my best tune!Major pissed! I may just go a whole new route.Right now I am just trying to sleep on my next move for a few days.

#7 ·
back n a stang said:
What size stall? Is it bad out the box maybe? It's always something man.I am pissed about losing my best tune!Major pissed! I may just go a whole new route.Right now I am just trying to sleep on my next move for a few days.
3800 stall. Thinking it is bad out box or it is not all way seated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.