SCT "return to stock" problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
SCT "return to stock" problem

Today I pulled my JLT carbon fiber CAI off and flashed to stock(Actually a dyno tune being saved as).I put stock CAI back on and Something went way wrong.I could not even get the car to start much less find a idle.Not sure what the real problem was.I ended up puttting the JLT and 93 race tune back in. My SCT was holding a really sweet tune as the stock.I was gonna go dyno it with it but this problem came up.Not sure if the SCT somehow screwed up that tune or what. The only logical thing it could be I guess is the sct thinking it was stock file when it actually was a tune and unable to correctly save it like that.Anybody ever have this problem or anything like it??
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I once pissed off the antitheft system trying to tune it and it wouldn't start at all. All the vehicle systems went haywire and it wouldn't let me tune or return to stock. Had to give it an hr or do till the system calmed back down and I was able to return to stock.

Not sure if this is what you're talking about or not...

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: SCT "return to stock" problem

Nah....It would turn over and try to run but it would never catch......for sure a problem of some sort.I have heard people talk about what you are saying though.I think the device can or does not have the ability to hold a tune that is not stock.My guess is it is destroyed.So for now I will just stick with the jlt and 93-R tune.I want to do about 4-5 more things and just go get a good custom dyno tune.Debating on buying the pieces from BBK to delete cats.Should bolt to my X-pipe I think.I am still on the fence about doing a roush SC. Anyway....Maybe somebody else will give some feedback on the thread.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Anybody else?
Old 04-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
I am having a whole new issue. Only build about 7.6 lbs of boost with a crazy drop around 6000 rpms. Then starts building again. Its with stall I put in slipping or the blower acting stupid.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

What size stall? Is it bad out the box maybe? It's always something man.I am pissed about losing my best tune!Major pissed! I may just go a whole new route.Right now I am just trying to sleep on my next move for a few days.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
What size stall? Is it bad out the box maybe? It's always something man.I am pissed about losing my best tune!Major pissed! I may just go a whole new route.Right now I am just trying to sleep on my next move for a few days.
3800 stall. Thinking it is bad out box or it is not all way seated.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
Road Trip!

On street it seems fine. Jon Lund said he has seen big stalled FI autos act crazy on the dyno.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT