Just traded in my 2011 Camaro... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris

I couldn't disagree more.
So you think Dodge is better quality? Or what is it that you disagree on?
Rolltide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Just traded in my 2011 Camaro...

All I have to say on the matter is had your and my tax dollars not been spent on GM and Chrysler bailouts these Camaro, Corvette and Dodge comparisons would not be happening today.......The brands would be DEAD. Obviously Ford built a better product than the other two or Ford would have been folding under as well and requested a Gov't bailout. Blue Oval for the win
Old 04-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0
All I have to say on the matter is had your and my tax dollars not been spent on GM and Chrysler bailouts these Camaro, Corvette and Dodge comparisons would not be happening today.......The brands would be DEAD. Obviously Ford built a better product than the other two or Ford would have been folding under as well and requested a Gov't bailout. Blue Oval for the win
I think that Ford just managed their money better than GM. Chrysler was still hurting from the split with Daimler so their quality went to s***.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Amen brother! How can any mustang enthusiast say they would have bought a Dodge or Chevy if it was not for the price? On a mustang forum at that. Ford did not need a bailout because of people like you and myself that know what a quality product is. Is the mustang perfect? By no means but its been here since 1964 abd here to stay! **** that piece if **** heavy *** challenger! Looks is not everything. Check the track record of a dodge. They start falling apart within a couple of years

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36

I think that Ford just managed their money better than GM. Chrysler was still hurting from the split with Daimler so their quality went to s***.
That may be the case but they fell for a reason. Low sells, ****ty product and bad track record
Old 04-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #40
Road Trip!

Have any of you actually drove a srt8? They are nice as ****. And you can get them for about 45k if look hard enough. And that is new. Paying over 50k is stupid. They are pretty much loaded. They have no base model SRT8.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Also Ford took money also. Don't forget that.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Have any of you actually drove a srt8? They are nice as ****. And you can get them for about 45k if look hard enough. And that is new. Paying over 50k is stupid. They are pretty much loaded. They have no base model SRT8.
I have bud, rode like a tank. My friend has one and likes it but to each its own. Is it fast? It was pretty fast but not enticing. I would take a cobra over a challenger any day
Old 04-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
You also have to compare apples to apples... the srt-8 needs to be compared to the gt-500, Rt to the GT, v6 to v6. Now look at stock to stock numbers... ford comes out on top. Do the same for the Camaro and its clear that ford has the best muscle car
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09
You also have to compare apples to apples... the srt-8 needs to be compared to the gt-500, Rt to the GT, v6 to v6. Now look at stock to stock numbers... ford comes out on top. Do the same for the Camaro and its clear that ford has the best muscle car
10-4 good points there mate
Old 04-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Also Ford took money also. Don't forget that.
WRONG MY FRIEND!!!!! Ford did not take a dime of bailout money.

http://bearingdrift.com/2011/09/16/r...o-stay-on-top/

They took a 5.9 Billion dollar Government LOAN to re tool their machines as does every manufacturer. But they did not take any of the 80 billion dollar bail out the others took.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Fords CEO which used to be boeing CEO played his cards right. He saw it coming and decided to concentrate on the style of cars that sold the best. He also focused on fuel economy which attracted even more buyers. At the end of the day, obama chevrolet/Dodge got caught with their pants down. Poor planning along with poor quality products led to the bailout

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Quote:

http://bearingdrift.com/2011/09/16/r...o-stay-on-top/

They took a 5.9 Billion dollar Government LOAN to re tool their machines as does every manufacturer. But they did not take any of the 80 billion dollar bail out the others took.
There is nothing wrong with taking a loan for planning. Loans are given to parties that can afford to pay them back. Dodge and Chevrolet couldnt even afford to stay afloat much less pay a loan of that magnitude. So I agree 100 percent with you!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Camaro looked cool in transformers.....thats it.... The saleen still looked better lol
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G
Camaro looked cool in transformers.....thats it.... The saleen still looked better lol
Lol too funny! Thats what they are, toys for kids, men drive stangs
Old 04-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
But then you can't decide which one to take to work in the morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXDWG11bm View Post
But what a good problem that would be!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
The day that becomes the hardest decision I make daily will be the happiest day of my life
When gas is $4-$5 a gallon, I'll still be choosing the 40MPG Mazda for my 50+ mile commute (round trip). I'm not anywhere close to selling my stang due to gas price (nor do I ever think I will be), but it just doesn't make sense to throw that much money away to drive 40-50MPH on a congested highway.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #49
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

When gas is $4-$5 a gallon, I'll still be choosing the 40MPG Mazda for my 50+ mile commute (round trip). I'm not anywhere close to selling my stang due to gas price (nor do I ever think I will be), but it just doesn't make sense to throw that much money away to drive 40-50MPH on a congested highway.
If I had those three cars and enough money to just throw away on gas, mpg's would NEVER cross my mind.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
If I had those three cars and enough money to just throw away on gas, mpg's would NEVER cross my mind.
Good point ... my give a **** level about gas prices would be about zero if I had $150k or so of cars sitting in my driveway.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #51
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

Good point ... my give a **** level about gas prices would be about zero if I had $150k or so of cars sitting in my driveway.
Lol, yea at that point who knows I may even be flying my helicopter to work lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Drill baby drill. Haha
Old 04-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #53
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09
The SRT is compared to the 5.0 though. Just how it is. Most compare the GT500 to a Z06 cause with right options a GT500 can cost as much as one. Even then the SRT8 has matched and beat the 12 GT500 stock times. Why cause the GT500 is so traction limited. Buddy ran a new SRT8 in his 5.0 with tune/cai/off road x pipe manual with 3.73's. Srt8 won by about a car and half. It was stock..

Also Dodge is winning with its new viper. 640hp/600ta in a 3200lb car, with a 355 tire that will have traction. It will be a monster. They already stated it will take out the ZR1 and GTR.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide

I have bud, rode like a tank. My friend has one and likes it but to each its own. Is it fast? It was pretty fast but not enticing. I would take a cobra over a challenger any day
What year SRT8?
Old 04-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The SRT is compared to the 5.0 though. Just how it is. Most compare the GT500 to a Z06 cause with right options a GT500 can cost as much as one. Even then the SRT8 has matched and beat the 12 GT500 stock times. Why cause the GT500 is so traction limited. Buddy ran a new SRT8 in his 5.0 with tune/cai/off road x pipe manual with 3.73's. Srt8 won by about a car and half. It was stock..

Also Dodge is winning with its new viper. 640hp/600ta in a 3200lb car, with a 355 tire that will have traction. It will be a monster. They already stated it will take out the ZR1 and GTR.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

What year SRT8?
Old 04-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What year SRT8?
I call BullSh*t. The ONLY way a STOCK Srt8 is going to pull a 2010 Cobra is if the the driver of the GT 500 is a completely inept ****** that has no business sitting behind the wheel of a 550 hp Vehicle. I am not a Ford fanboy and have mad respect for ALL muscle, but I cannot find a single Mustang/ Challenger comparison where the Challenger wins in anything besides the comfort and cool look factor.

Dont forget I used to own an 09 Challenger R/t so I am not completely ignorant to the Challengers capabilities.

And the out of production Ford GT will still eat the new Vipers breakfast and steal its lunch money too!!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

This is what worries me about the '13 GT500. 650 HP does nothing if you can't put it to the ground. Just look at the Super Snake, It gets smoked by Hennessey Camaros even though it has more HP. This is because the Hennessey puts power to the ground better. I think that will be the deciding factor in the GT500 vs ZL1 debate. Hopefully SVT engineers recognize this and make an amazing car.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #57
Road Trip!

Quote:

I call BullSh*t. The ONLY way a STOCK Srt8 is going to pull a 2010 Cobra is if the the driver of the GT 500 is a completely inept ****** that has no business sitting behind the wheel of a 550 hp Vehicle. I am not a Ford fanboy and have mad respect for ALL muscle, but I cannot find a single Mustang/ Challenger comparison where the Challenger wins in anything besides the comfort and cool look factor.
Look what they do in the hands of real owners. I don't go off magazine test. Most are bias. Stock SRT8 have went 12.2. Stock GT500 run on average of mid 12's. Simply cause Ford refuses to put a real tire on them. Who puts a 285 on a SC 550hp car? The same ones who put it on a 650hp SC GT500. Also you know the GT500 is not a cobra right. No where in the name does it say cobra.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36

This is what worries me about the '13 GT500. 650 HP does nothing if you can't put it to the ground. Just look at the Super Snake, It gets smoked by Hennessey Camaros even though it has more HP. This is because the Hennessey puts power to the ground better. I think that will be the deciding factor in the GT500 vs ZL1 debate. Hopefully SVT engineers recognize this and make an amazing car.
I agree. And looking the GT500 will suffer from same thing it has. Traction! Ford should have put least a 305 on it. The prior GT500 shown improvements of over a second on just a tire swap.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Look what they do in the hands of real owners. I don't go off magazine test. Most are bias. Stock SRT8 have went 12.2. Stock GT500 run on average of mid 12's. Simply cause Ford refuses to put a real tire on them. Who puts a 285 on a SC 550hp car? The same ones who put it on a 650hp SC GT500. Also you know the GT500 is not a cobra right. No where in the name does it say cobra.
That is funny....... I could swear ALL of the badging on the GT 500 had a Cobra in the middle of it. Maybe I am wrong
Old 04-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That is funny....... I could swear ALL of the badging on the GT 500 had a Cobra in the middle of it. Maybe I am wrong
It says Shelby but no cobra badging. It does have the snake though.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

I agree. And looking the GT500 will suffer from same thing it has. Traction! Ford should have put least a 305 on it. The prior GT500 shown improvements of over a second on just a tire swap.
This is where I give Chevy credit, they put real tires on the ZL1 along with PTM. Ford needs to recognize that 200 mph+ means nothing if you can't control it at that speed.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #60
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0 View Post
Why it has a cobra it does not say Cobra no where on the car or the order form or the window sticker.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

oh and some video of stock SRT8's. They are a bunch opf these all over the country.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

this video shows how fast these SRT8's are even weighing so much. This is the slower Charger at that. 5.0 has tune and cold air. and as you see really don't pull it none. Its also a 3.73 manaual. The new SRT's are nothing to shake a stick at. BIG/HEAVY/And still fast. And really nicer inside then a mustang.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

the old SRT's sucked balls...lol thi swas the old 6.1L SRT8. Both stock.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

oh I will say I hate camaro th emost. Its heavy and just to slow. What sucks is it has maybe the best engine in the long run. The LS3 is a monster and will make tons of power. They have been used to make 750-800whp with stock blocks and they last. No Coyote engine will last at that power level on stock block. But they put in it the camaro and killed it. In teh C6 it is a whole nother animal.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
I love this... And the new pics of them look insanely good! Vipers are so awesome even if dodge kinda sucks at only getting 640 out of an 8.4l v10.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Welcome , great choice
Old 04-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #63
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
I love this... And the new pics of them look insanely good! Vipers are so awesome even if dodge kinda sucks at only getting 640 out of an 8.4l v10.
Goes right inline with the GT500 who uses a 5.8L with a 2.3L sc to make 650/600 so total of 8.1L's. So its right in line. And knowing Dodge it is very detuned as well. Not only that it is about 600lbs lighter then a GT500. This car will be the new record setter for American cars. The GT500 is now fords bad boy on the street. Why they are nice they just don't compete with the others bad boys(ZR1/Z06/Viper). You can say its cheaper but by the time you get one loaded it will run 68k. I know just built one with Track package and Recaro seats etc etc. Now the convertible runs about same as I had selected glass roof on the coupe. So thi scar loaded liek the rest come already is not a lot more expensive really. 68K puts it in Z06 pricing. Adding another 20k in price for a viper most likley will not be a big deal to people buying 70k cars anyway.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Also don't forget that Dodge had rumors of a SRT8 Challenger version rumored that was to be SC and net over 600hp as well to go heads up with the GT500 and the ZL1 Camaro. makes **** fun for sure. Or the rumor of the much lighter Barracuda making the same hp of teh current 392's. 470hp in a lighter car like the mustang will be nasty for sure.

I am just happy that we have all they great cars coming out. That the HorsePower wars are alive and well. No matter what platform you choose be it mustang/Camaro/Challenger each one has something different to offer. And people have taken the new mustang and Camaro into the 8's. The challenger is just getting started. But the old Challengers have been in the 8's also so no reason the no ones will not be there sooner or later.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide

Amen brother! How can any mustang enthusiast say they would have bought a Dodge or Chevy if it was not for the price? On a mustang forum at that. Ford did not need a bailout because of people like you and myself that know what a quality product is. Is the mustang perfect? By no means but its been here since 1964 abd here to stay! **** that piece if **** heavy *** challenger! Looks is not everything. Check the track record of a dodge. They start falling apart within a couple of years
I'm not a mustang enthusiast. I just own one. Like I said in my introduction thread. I have been a die hard Mopar guy all of my life. And if my truck hadn't been losing oil pressure I'd still be driving a hemi. I heard of a lot of 5.7 hemi trucks having issues so o ditched it. I didn't wanna take the chance on a 5.7 hemi Challenger so I got the 5.0 since I couldn't afford a 392. But all motors aside. The interior in a srt is much nicer. Heck the interior in the new Jeeps are much nicer. Dodges quality is a lot better now than it was 10 years ago. Which is probably why their sales were up 26% in March while Ford and GM were only up like 10 or 12% each. I love my Mustang. But I'm not gonna sit here and say I'd rather have it above all else. And the new Viper is beyond sexy.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Why don't you think the coyote will have the longevity similar to the ls3? Yes, the ls3 is simple, well engineered, and efficient...but hasn't the coyote seen similar results thus far?
Old 04-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm not a mustang enthusiast. I just own one. Like I said in my introduction thread. I have been a die hard Mopar guy all of my life. And if my truck hadn't been losing oil pressure I'd still be driving a hemi. I heard of a lot of 5.7 hemi trucks having issues so o ditched it. I didn't wanna take the chance on a 5.7 hemi Challenger so I got the 5.0 since I couldn't afford a 392. But all motors aside. The interior in a srt is much nicer. Heck the interior in the new Jeeps are much nicer. Dodges quality is a lot better now than it was 10 years ago. Which is probably why their sales were up 26% in March while Ford and GM were only up like 10 or 12% each. I love my Mustang. But I'm not gonna sit here and say I'd rather have it above all else. And the new Viper is beyond sexy.
Lucky u got rid of that crappy dodge. My dads had the same thing happen in his 4.7 and the engine blew with 103k miles LOL. Dodge can die :]

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Oh and btw welcome to the stang side camaros are fat an slow! Mustangs sleek, boss, and fast

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote:

Oh an the interior was very nice in my dads dodge. It looked great as a lawn ornament too!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #67
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16
Why don't you think the coyote will have the longevity similar to the ls3? Yes, the ls3 is simple, well engineered, and efficient...but hasn't the coyote seen similar results thus far?
They may indeed. But yet as they are new still a lot of unproven in them. The ls3 has been around since 08 when it landed in the Vette. And its not much different then any of the other ls engines.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0 View Post
+1 Agree...
Old 04-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+2 true all the way!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #70
Road Trip!

No matter how you look at it Ford took a total of 33 billion in money. That saved them as well. So they are just as bad. As they took more then people think. In secret loans and what not.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmul...ut-commercial/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT