Just traded in my 2011 Camaro... - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
No matter how you look at it Ford took a total of 33 billion in money. That saved them as well. So they are just as bad. As they took more then people think. In secret loans and what not.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmul...ut-commercial/
Borrowing 5.9 billion in low interest Govt loans and 23 billion in bank loans isn't a "bailout"...it's business. Smart business with NO bankruptcy. There must be thousands of companies in the US that have borrowed money in the last few years to make it through hard times, and a lot of them did it without the Govt holding their hands. I think that's a much more admirable approach. Just my opinion...
Msoler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #72
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msoler

Borrowing 5.9 billion in low interest Govt loans and 23 billion in bank loans isn't a "bailout"...it's business. Smart business with NO bankruptcy. There must be thousands of companies in the US that have borrowed money in the last few years to make it through hard times, and a lot of them did it without the Govt holding their hands. I think that's a much more admirable approach. Just my opinion...
It's all the same. If they didn't do it they would have did just like GM/Dodge. That is a fact. They took money all the same. Be it loan/bailout. With out taking that money they was folding up and going home. There for no better then anyone else. After it we get overpriced cars like the Taurus and the new F150 also explorer . Funny you buy a new f150 here at our Ford dealer you get a free trailer. Bought over Xmas and you could get one of several gifts for a dollar. I got a 42" TV actually. All gimmicks to get you to buy. I then sold the TV for 300 at the dealer to a receptionist. No GM/Dodge dealer does anything like that. Huge rebates on mustangs. Yet none on camaro yet the camaro has been out selling the mustang since it came out.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's all the same. If they didn't do it they would have did just like GM/Dodge. That is a fact. They took money all the same. Be it loan/bailout. With out taking that money they was folding up and going home. There for no better then anyone else. After it we get overpriced cars like the Taurus and the new F150 also explorer . Funny you buy a new f150 here at our Ford dealer you get a free trailer. Bought over Xmas and you could get one of several gifts for a dollar. I got a 42" TV actually. All gimmicks to get you to buy. I then sold the TV for 300 at the dealer to a receptionist. No GM/Dodge dealer does anything like that. Huge rebates on mustangs. Yet none on camaro yet the camaro has been out selling the mustang since it came out.
So if I'm having financial trouble and I get a loan to hold me over that's the same as if I would just go bankrupt and rely on the govt to give me handouts? Maybe I'm missing something here but that seems like the easy way out rather than finding your own way out. Making your own plan, getting a bank loan, and repaying it however you can is much better in my opinion. What car isn't overpriced?? What product in general isn't overpriced these days...maybe the homes we own because they aren't worth much anymore. Everything is political these days...you can't believe anything you read.

Oh well...in the end who really cares?? I have my 5.0 and I really enjoyed my drive to and from work today!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Your spot on Msloer
brickcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #75
Road Trip!

Quote:

So if I'm having financial trouble and I get a loan to hold me over that's the same as if I would just go bankrupt and rely on the govt to give me handouts? Maybe I'm missing something here but that seems like the easy way out rather than finding your own way out. Making your own plan, getting a bank loan, and repaying it however you can is much better in my opinion. What car isn't overpriced?? What product in general isn't overpriced these days...maybe the homes we own because they aren't worth much anymore. Everything is political these days...you can't believe anything you read.

Oh well...in the end who really cares?? I have my 5.0 and I really enjoyed my drive to and from work today!!
You realize GM/Dodge took the bail out still pay it back. In reality it was a government loan.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You realize GM/Dodge took the bail out still pay it back. In reality it was a government loan.
Will they really ever pay it back?? Right now they've "paid" it back mostly in stocks...which at current share prices still leaves it billions short of a full pay off. I don't think private bank loans allow you to pay with stock shares...
Old 04-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #77
Road Trip!

Quote:

Will they really ever pay it back?? Right now they've "paid" it back mostly in stocks...which at current share prices still leaves it billions short of a full pay off. I don't think private bank loans allow you to pay with stock shares...
Ford sold all kinds of stuff. Parts/part of other brands they owned etc. Hell the government sold its shares of Chrysler to fiat. Will they do the same with GM. Maybe. All in it was best to bail them out. If not hundreds of thousands would been out of work. Making the economy even worse.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:31 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just want you to know that your right, not him, but he can go on

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:03 AM   #79
Road Trip!

Region: California
I love ford and always will would never go hemi or camaro but if I could go dodge ill go for the viper rt or srt10 not the truck srt10 but the real thing I will cheat on my stang with that viper
robertoortiz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Bottom line who gives a rats ***, Mustangs are the real muscle car that have been around a while now. Why did they stop making camaros? Why did it take so long to reintroduce the challenger? Its all irrelevant and the gentleman who started this thread traded in a piece of **** camaro for a stang. Good for you bud and welcome to the mustang community! For anyone else that wants to bash mustangs and fords there are plenty of dodge and chevrolet forums out there to stay entertained but I promise they will not be as fun as these. Most of the talk over there is probably breakdown related. All I can say is I love my ford and will stay loyal to a company that knows how to prepare for tough times and most of all pay their loans back!
Rolltide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
If people are thinking Ford is so great for paying a government loan back, I guess Toyota is really awesome for never needing one.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris
If people are thinking Ford is so great for paying a government loan back, I guess Toyota is really awesome for never needing one.
Yep, Toyota does really well. A loan is not the same as bankruptcy. We all get loans if we have good credit and if we have means to pay the money back. You cannot get a loan if you have no means to pay it back
Old 04-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide

Yep, Toyota does really well. A loan is not the same as bankruptcy. We all get loans if we have good credit and if we have means to pay the money back. You cannot get a loan if you have no means to pay it back
True. But the fact is if not for the government the big three all would have probably went under or been bought by someone else.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Well thats like saying without banks we would be toast. The goverment lends money out all the time to companies who may need extra cash for whatever reason. Ford was smart enough to get ahead of the game and be prepared. The other 2 sat on their *** and got burnt.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well thats like saying without banks we would be toast. The goverment lends money out all the time to companies who may need extra cash for whatever reason. Ford was smart enough to get ahead of the game and be prepared. The other 2 sat on their *** and got burnt.
If that's the case why hasn't Toyota needed the governments money? Ford wasn't really anymore ahead of the game than the other two. They seen bankruptcy coming and asked for money just like the other two. I just don't see Ford as this company that needed extra cash. I see them as a company that needed cash to stay afloat. I love my Mustang. But I'm in no way so much of a fanboy to act like Ford is the greatest thing ever and has always made perfect decisions and the best products.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Nobody said Ford was perfect. If Ford borrowed money to stay afloat so be it. The point here is that they were smart to see bad times ahead. I would do the same if I thought I was going to lose my job. No way in hell would I sit here with a finger up my *** waiting to see what happens. I am glad you like your mustang but I love mine. All things equal, yes there are many fanboys that argue points that di not make sense. I see the facts and the facts are that Ford is not owned by Obama and company.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nobody said Ford was perfect. If Ford borrowed money to stay afloat so be it. The point here is that they were smart to see bad times ahead. I would do the same if I thought I was going to lose my job. No way in hell would I sit here with a finger up my *** waiting to see what happens. I am glad you like your mustang but I love mine. All things equal, yes there are many fanboys that argue points that di not make sense. I see the facts and the facts are that Ford is not owned by Obama and company.
No they're owned by a bunch of other liberals. Lol. Bill Ford is insanely liberal.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris

If that's the case why hasn't Toyota needed the governments money? Ford wasn't really anymore ahead of the game than the other two. They seen bankruptcy coming and asked for money just like the other two. I just don't see Ford as this company that needed extra cash. I see them as a company that needed cash to stay afloat. I love my Mustang. But I'm in no way so much of a fanboy to act like Ford is the greatest thing ever and has always made perfect decisions and the best products.
All bull **** aside, you bought a Ford because your dodge was messing up. You made the right choice and obviously you are still happy with the mustang. You had plenty of options and you ended up with one of the nicest cars around. I get thumbs up all the time in my 5.0. Enjoy your car brother and remember, if you see a Mopar guy on the side if the road, help him out!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

All bull **** aside, you bought a Ford because your dodge was messing up. You made the right choice and obviously you are still happy with the mustang. You had plenty of options and you ended up with one of the nicest cars around. I get thumbs up all the time in my 5.0. Enjoy your car brother and remember, if you see a Mopar guy on the side if the road, help him out!
You almost say that like I won't see a Ford broke down. My ex boss is on his 3rd super duty in 5 years. The 1st two both blew engines before 100,000mi and were very well taken care of. I'm not trying to bash Fords or anyone else. They all make a pretty decent product nowadays I just chose my 5.0 because the price was right compared to a Srt. I'm not so much of a brand follower as I am a realist. If this car becomes a burden by staying tore up all the time it'll be gone too. So far and knock on wood I pray I never see a minutes trouble out of it.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
As far as the GT500 is concerned, Ford is building them according to Shelby's own philosophy!.. And guess what?!?... It works!.. Overpriced or not, they are still selling them!.. Lol. I would still rather own an overpriced Shelby GT500 than a overpriced SRT8, or ZL1!... Because at the end of the day I'll have a Shelby, and the others still only have a Chevy or Dodge!.. A local dealership just got a new ZL1 and they want $62,000 for it!.. A local Ford dealer has a new 2012 GT500 and they want $60,000 out the door!.. Guess which one is going to hold it's value over the next 20 years!... Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #91
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner
As far as the GT500 is concerned, Ford is building them according to Shelby's own philosophy!.. And guess what?!?... It works!.. Overpriced or not, they are still selling them!.. Lol. I would still rather own an overpriced Shelby GT500 than a overpriced SRT8, or ZL1!... Because at the end of the day I'll have a Shelby, and the others still only have a Chevy or Dodge!.. A local dealership just got a new ZL1 and they want $62,000 for it!.. A local Ford dealer has a new 2012 GT500 and they want $60,000 out the door!.. Guess which one is going to hold it's value over the next 20 years!... Lol
Oh they have a new ZL1.huh..funny they haven't hit dealers yet. And how do I know..cause my wife works for GM. They delayed production and release. And actually the ZL1 will hold its value better. It is also a returning badge. So far it has out ran the current GT500 and every other mustang at eveeything. So again you are a ******.

If said car is there go take a picture of it and window sticker. Also they still have a high mark up on the Shelby. You can get them in mid 40's now with the 13 coming out later this year.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Plus it been everywhere that it is delayed..
Old 04-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh they have a new ZL1.huh..funny they haven't hit dealers yet. And how do I know..cause my wife works for GM. They delayed production and release. And actually the ZL1 will hold its value better. It is also a returning badge. So far it has out ran the current GT500 and every other mustang at eveeything. So again you are a ******.

If said car is there go take a picture of it and window sticker. Also they still have a high mark up on the Shelby. You can get them in mid 40's now with the 13 coming out later this year.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Plus it been everywhere that it is delayed..
Dude I just say it yesterday at Shaheen Chevrolet in Lansing Michigan!!!!.... Hahahahahahahahahahahaha GO F*** YOURSELF!!!! They just got the car in and was about to take it up to the local gas station to fill it up!!!... Lol. They got it along with a new 45th Anniversary SS!!... Lol. Stop claiming you know all because your wife sells cars!... Lol oh wait now your wife works for GM so you must know everything!!!.... Lol. We have already proven that you are a fake!...

I'll tell you what!.. Take a pic of those $40,000 diamonds that your wife wears and I'll go get a pic of the ZL1 for ya!..

And actually the ZL1 went back into production on March 30!.. And today is April 10?!?!.... Ya that is plenty of time for a dealership to get one!!... Lol.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

You are such an idiot!!!... Dude I live in Michigan!!... You know, home of the big three!!!.... Dealerships here are generally among the first to get the new models from the Big Three!!...

Hell I saw the Ford GT being tested about 6 months before it was released to be sold!!.... Hahahahahahaha
Old 04-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #93
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Dude I just say it yesterday at Shaheen Chevrolet in Lansing Michigan!!!!.... Hahahahahahahahahahahaha GO F*** YOURSELF!!!! They just got the car in and was about to take it up to the local gas station to fill it up!!!... Lol. They got it along with a new 45th Anniversary SS!!... Lol. Stop claiming you know all because your wife sells cars!... Lol oh wait now your wife works for GM so you must know everything!!!.... Lol. We have already proven that you are a fake!...

I'll tell you what!.. Take a pic of those $40,000 diamonds that your wife wears and I'll go get a pic of the ZL1 for ya!..

And actually the ZL1 went back into production on March 30!.. And today is April 10?!?!.... Ya that is plenty of time for a dealership to get one!!... Lol.
Like said go take pic..they was stopped for quality assessment. And they haven't shipped none yet. As said she does know this as they email them everything. Perks of being a management. And to easy for the diamonds.

What is funny you don't own a 2010+ yet keep coming to our section putting your BS in.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
If we all go by the mentality that Ford is s*** for taking out a loan, then if you take out a loan for a mustang you too are also s***.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #95
Road Trip!

And as you can see they don't have one..oh wait I also called. Guess what you are a idiot..they don't have one. Do I need to call back and make a video of that also proving you wrong even more

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2146102035.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	303.6 KB
ID:	46543

Name:	image-2855297237.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	46544

Name:	image-1977205571.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	46545
Old 04-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #96
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36
If we all go by the mentality that Ford is s*** for taking out a loan, then if you take out a loan for a mustang you too are also s***.
Never said they was ****. Just simply they needed money to stay afloat also.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #97
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Let's get back on topic please.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #98
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Let's get back on topic please.
Agreed

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #99
Road Trip!

Oh and called them back talk to different person..said they have one due in and it is sold already. Along with the other first 5 they get in..said new one should be in any time..funny same thing they told wife's dealer. Maybe they have it coming in soon..or someone don't know what talking about. Two different answers..said they have 7 or so lofted to them and all are already sold.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh and called them back talk to different person..said they have one due in and it is sold already. Along with the other first 5 they get in..said new one should be in any time..funny same thing they told wife's dealer. Maybe they have it coming in soon..or someone don't know what talking about. Two different answers..said they have 7 or so lofted to them and all are already sold.
At any rate I know what I saw!!... And if they just got it in yesterday, that don't mean that it is going straight onto the lot!.. Back when the Camaro first came back out, they had two of them sitting out back for about a week before they put them on the lot!..

I should know!.. Every day for about a week I kept stoping by asking if I could take one out for a test drive!... Lol

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Well some what back on topic!.. About a year or so ago, my wifes uncle traded in his 2009 Mustang GT for a 2010 Camaro V6!... Lol

But on a brighter note!.. He is now talking about trading the Camaro in for a new BOSS 302!..
Old 04-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #101
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Persuade him back to the better side

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Just traded in my 2011 Camaro...

Well **** folks I traded a 2011 BMW M3 for my 5.0........ if that doesn't speak volumes.... then I dont know what does.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Ford didn't screw the stock holders
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #104
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0
Well **** folks I traded a 2011 BMW M3 for my 5.0........ if that doesn't speak volumes.... then I dont know what does.
I commend you for that sir

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

Ford didn't screw the stock holders
Please just drop it already.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0
Why'd you trade the M3?
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT