Just traded in my 2011 Camaro... - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Persuade him back to the better side
Trying too!.. He my wife is is favorite niece and what ever car he has he'll leave in his will for her!.. Come on BOSS 302!... Hahahahaha.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0
Well **** folks I traded a 2011 BMW M3 for my 5.0........ if that doesn't speak volumes.... then I dont know what does.
Just means you want to be "First On Race Day!!..." Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #107
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Re: Just traded in my 2011 Camaro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
At any rate I know what I saw!!... And if they just got it in yesterday, that don't mean that it is going straight onto the lot!.. Back when the Camaro first came back out, they had two of them sitting out back for about a week before they put them on the lot!..

I should know!.. Every day for about a week I kept stoping by asking if I could take one out for a test drive!... Lol

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Well some what back on topic!.. About a year or so ago, my wifes uncle traded in his 2009 Mustang GT for a 2010 Camaro V6!... Lol

But on a brighter note!.. He is now talking about trading the Camaro in for a new BOSS 302!..
Why would any one want to go from a V8 to a V6? yes same power level with the two but the GT was still a few tenths faster both stock. Plus the upgardes are huge for teh GT compared to the V6. Least if he trades for a Boss he will come up huge. Hell a SS/GT/Boss/SRT8/even a Evolution will be leaps and bounds ahead.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Why would any one want to go from a V8 to a V6? yes same power level with the two but the GT was still a few tenths faster both stock. Plus the upgardes are huge for teh GT compared to the V6. Least if he trades for a Boss he will come up huge. Hell a SS/GT/Boss/SRT8/even a Evolution will be leaps and bounds ahead.
He said that he likes the looks of the Camaro better!.. Didnt bother getting the SS because he don't need to go that fast anymore!.. He is thinking about getting a BOSS 302 now because he used to own a '69 back in the day!..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Please just drop it already.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Why'd you trade the M3?
Honestly..... the fun factor was not worth the wallet pain. Great car, fast and very composed on the road..... to me that was the problem. The car literally does everything for you and the "driver experience" suffers. To me the rawness of the Mustang makes the experience more enjoyable..... but thats just me. My other M3 running buddies swear that their M3s are the best thing since Post Toasties.. to each his own I say.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Honestly..... the fun factor was not worth the wallet pain. Great car, fast and very composed on the road..... to me that was the problem. The car literally does everything for you and the "driver experience" suffers. To me the rawness of the Mustang makes the experience more enjoyable..... but thats just me. My other M3 running buddies swear that their M3s are the best thing since Post Toasties.. to each his own I say.
German cars have always been high on engineering low on passion. IMO the only German cars with passion are AMGs.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #111
Road Trip!

Quote:

The m3 is a great car. But I know what you mean. Not only that but they are so expensive to mod. Buddy has a 2011 he was looking at SC and they start at like 15k.

And above AMG's is top of the food chain.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I think it's funny how Chevy released the new ZL1 commercials and all these people posted comparisons between that and the "current" GT500. Ford waited and waited...let them have their short lived moment of glory...and then came out with the 2013 GT500's numbers. I can't wait to see a race between those two!

I do love my Mustang, but are there other cars I would drive? Of course...I just can't afford them! Lol
Msoler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msoler
I think it's funny how Chevy released the new ZL1 commercials and all these people posted comparisons between that and the "current" GT500. Ford waited and waited...let them have their short lived moment of glory...and then came out with the 2013 GT500's numbers. I can't wait to see a race between those two!

I do love my Mustang, but are there other cars I would drive? Of course...I just can't afford them! Lol
There's a ZL1 commercial?!?.... I haven't seen it!!.... Lol. I still love that Mustang commercial!.. There's a Mustang for every one!...
Old 04-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msoler

I completely agree with you. The GT500 will TEAR up the Zl1 in a drag race. Unfortunately I am worried about it in the corners. The current GT500 has sub par traction and so does the Super Snake. Hopefully they will remedy this by actually giving the car real tires.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #115
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36

I completely agree with you. The GT500 will TEAR up the Zl1 in a drag race. Unfortunately I am worried about it in the corners. The current GT500 has sub par traction and so does the Super Snake. Hopefully they will remedy this by actually giving the car real tires.
Maybe maybe not. The ZL1 has already been 11.8 in the 1/4. Mustang's and fast fords said they thing mid to high 11's. Traction will be shat kills the GT500 as always. Chevy least gave there car a chance with a 295 or 305 option tire. Not a 285 that is current one. Also the boss is already said to still beat the GT500. In the turns. And the ZL1 destroyed the boss.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Yup! Welcome to the forum! This is what you have to look forward to! I'm thinking about leaving the site myself... I've got to much drama in my life as it is!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #117
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09
Yup! Welcome to the forum! This is what you have to look forward to! I'm thinking about leaving the site myself... I've got to much drama in my life as it is!
I understand what you mean but I love mustangs and learning about them too much to let these people kill my buzz lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I understand what you mean but I love mustangs and learning about them too much to let these people kill my buzz lol
I can always call my dealer to find out what I want to know... and since I bought 25000 worth of goods from them they should be a bit more pleasant to deal with then some of the Napoleon complexes around here!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #119
Road Trip!

Quote:

I can always call my dealer to find out what I want to know... and since I bought 25000 worth of goods from them they should be a bit more pleasant to deal with then some of the Napoleon complexes around here!
25k worth of goods? You buy 3 superchargers
Old 04-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

25k worth of goods? You buy 3 superchargers
I wish! They wouldn't pay off the lien I had on my 03 GT (u can see her in my garage)
Old 04-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't think it's usually too bad on here. It's primarily just people sharing their own opinions and some people can at times go overboard. At least things have gotten back on track in this thread. Lol
Msoler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

I keep reading about how bad the tires are and that the ZL1 will beat the GT 500 because of tires..... well lucky for us Ford fans......... Replacing the tires would be the first thing on my list of priorities. Seems to me like b^tching about tires is like B^tching about exhaust note.... both are easy fixes.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I keep reading about how bad the tires are and that the ZL1 will beat the GT 500 because of tires..... well lucky for us Ford fans......... Replacing the tires would be the first thing on my list of priorities. Seems to me like b^tching about tires is like B^tching about exhaust note.... both are easy fixes.
+11
Old 04-11-2012, 12:52 AM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide
Bottom line who gives a rats ***, Mustangs are the real muscle car that have been around a while now. Why did they stop making camaros? Why did it take so long to reintroduce the challenger? Its all irrelevant and the gentleman who started this thread traded in a piece of **** camaro for a stang. Good for you bud and welcome to the mustang community! For anyone else that wants to bash mustangs and fords there are plenty of dodge and chevrolet forums out there to stay entertained but I promise they will not be as fun as these. Most of the talk over there is probably breakdown related. All I can say is I love my ford and will stay loyal to a company that knows how to prepare for tough times and most of all pay their loans back!
+INFINITY

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:15 AM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang

+INFINITY
Like that!
Rolltide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Exactly why I bought Ford stock when it was below $1.50 a share. I know how loyal ford ppl are.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Man just got the 2013 Mustang, im having a blast and im not intimidated by the camaro at all, great ride and i have camaro owners turning heads, cant wait to work with upr and adturbo to do my mods, and lets not forget how much heads i turn in south beach, hope your enjoying your mustang aswell
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #128
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post
Man just got the 2013 Mustang, im having a blast and im not intimidated by the camaro at all, great ride and i have camaro owners turning heads, cant wait to work with upr and adturbo to do my mods, and lets not forget how much heads i turn in south beach, hope your enjoying your mustang aswell
mmmm... pics pics pics!!! or it didn't happen
Old 04-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #129
Road Trip!

Quote:

mmmm... pics pics pics!!! or it didn't happen
Agree...pics or didn't happen.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Worthy of its own thread!!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0 View Post
personally I have never been impressed with bmws .
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano
Chevy boys are shakin in their panties! They don't wanna mess with you! Awesome man I definitely wanna see pics!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Wink Re: Just traded in my 2011 Camaro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereKEV View Post
Congrats on the 5.0 !!! My 2012 Boss 302 showed the M3 what's up @ Laguna Seca !!! Still a stout ride though !!
Old 04-14-2012, 01:29 AM   #134

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by wereKEV

Yea I love BMW's as long as they are made before 1991, every since the demise of the wonderful e30, it has been all down hill. I have had a few e30's and they were extremely fun, reliable, and easy to work on cars. I will probably get another to be a toy. My Mustang probably will not be spending time on any track were she may get her pretty face smashed in on a wall.

P.s. e36's are not so bad, but the e30 was just so much more fun.
ben.flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #135
Road Trip!

I would take a 745i as a daily driver.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #136
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Theyre so comfy it's like driving a lazyboy

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #137
Road Trip!

Quote:

Theyre so comfy it's like driving a lazyboy
They are..plus they got some power
Old 04-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
A guy I work with just traded his wife's Lexus in on a BMW 750. I'm not sure which one though. I haven't seen it.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would prefer an A8...
Old 04-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #140
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris

A guy I work with just traded his wife's Lexus in on a BMW 750. I'm not sure which one though. I haven't seen it.
Even better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36

I would prefer an A8...
See above..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT