gaging intrest for 5.0 guys - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
gaging intrest for 5.0 guys

I am thinking about selling my paxton and getting a different FI. Just wondering who would be interested in buying it. I would selling it as a tuner kit as you would need a tune. Price would be about 4200 with the 75lb injectors I bought seperate from kit. They normally come 47s. I would demos it now. As there is a wait for the other way I would go. I even have to put a 1000 deposit down.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

If you are on S197/modularfords you most likely know route I am thinking.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: gaging intrest for 5.0 guys

Do you accept payment plans? lol

I'm on S197, but no idea what you're planning... is there a certain thread I should look for?
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
Do you accept payment plans? lol

I'm on S197, but no idea what you're planning... is there a certain thread I should look for?
Think 206 mph in a 5.0 at TX mile.

Look at the Alpha 1 car has arrived thread.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: gaging intrest for 5.0 guys

TITS.....
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
TITS.....
Evil laugh....


Yes it is..wife even approved if I sell supercharger.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
Dang, should be sweeeeeeet man!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: gaging intrest for 5.0 guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Evil laugh....


Yes it is..wife even approved if I sell supercharger.
I have some buddies with 5.0s, I'll ask around. Are you wanting to ship or will you be in the buckeye state soon?
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

I have some buddies with 5.0s, I'll ask around. Are you wanting to ship or will you be in the buckeye state soon?
I can ship. Not sure how soon I will make back up there. Soonest will be least July.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: gaging intrest for 5.0 guys

Would you need anything besides a tune to get this up and running? Who tuned yours? I'm sure you have em somewhere but can you post or link to dyno sheets?
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
Would you need anything besides a tune to get this up and running? Who tuned yours? I'm sure you have em somewhere but can you post or link to dyno sheets?
I just had mine retuned by Jon Lund. Retuned cause put stall in. Besides installing it that would be all you need is a tune.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120410_165554.png
Views:	280
Size:	426.4 KB
ID:	46571



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120410_165602.png
Views:	256
Size:	478.6 KB
ID:	46572



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120410_165613.png
Views:	276
Size:	416.2 KB
ID:	46573
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Delta vt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 217
I was eyeing that kit myself. 6.4 psi and like 650 hp! I need to have my car payed off before I get it but if and when I add some serious mods that twin turbo kit will be the one I get. It looks so clean and it's absurd on power. Keep us updated on progress.
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 412
Re: gaging intrest for 5.0 guys

Have they said the pricing for the TT kit? Good luck with sale.
__________________
Previous: '02 GT, '04 GT, '07 GT & a few chevys in between
'13 GT
Woodga16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #14
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: gaging intrest for 5.0 guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16 View Post
Have they said the pricing for the TT kit? Good luck with sale.
Not really. just it will be under 10k.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brett Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
I am thinking about selling my paxton and getting a different FI. Just wondering who would be interested in buying it. I would selling it as a tuner kit as you would need a tune. Price would be about 4200 with the 75lb injectors I bought seperate from kit. They normally come 47s. I would demos it now. As there is a wait for the other way I would go. I even have to put a 1000 deposit down.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

If you are on S197/modularfords you most likely know route I am thinking.
You need to make up your mind on what you want outta your car. Waisting money like it grows in trees.
__________________
Brett the best Greene
Brett Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #16
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: gaging intrest for 5.0 guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene View Post
You need to make up your mind on what you want outta your car. Waisting money like it grows in trees.
LOL..Right..I will retain the same stall I have, boss and every thing just not the Blower.

Also if someone wanted it with out injectors I would drop 600 off that price. YOu don't need that big of an injectors if plan on pushing it later on with a built engine. I will actually be using 105lb injectors if I keep thi sblower or go to the TT.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 412
Re: gaging intrest for 5.0 guys

The Paxton is capable of 1000hp...why the urge for a different FI?
__________________
Previous: '02 GT, '04 GT, '07 GT & a few chevys in between
'13 GT
Woodga16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #18
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16
The Paxton is capable of 1000hp...why the urge for a different FI?
That TT kit will make more then 1500hp before changing turbos. Turbos are also more efficient and take less boost to make power.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 412
Re: gaging intrest for 5.0 guys

I'm aware...dealt with turbos all my life, I didn't know what your goals were. Not many people want more than 1000hp.
__________________
Previous: '02 GT, '04 GT, '07 GT & a few chevys in between
'13 GT
Woodga16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brett Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16
I'm aware...dealt with turbos all my life, I didn't know what your goals were. Not many people want more than 1000hp.
LMAO plus 1
__________________
Brett the best Greene
Brett Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #21
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16
I'm aware...dealt with turbos all my life, I didn't know what your goals were. Not many people want more than 1000hp.
Long range goals is to run low 9's high 8's if I keep it. If still have it next summer by time I would actually get the TT kit or build a block I will keep and turn paxton to 18lbs-20lbs boost on e85
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 412
Re: gaging intrest for 5.0 guys

Already thinking about another car? Ha what would you get that would satisfy your power goals.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

You sound like me though...already have had 14 different cars. I'm 25.
__________________
Previous: '02 GT, '04 GT, '07 GT & a few chevys in between
'13 GT
Woodga16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brett Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Long range goals is to run low 9's high 8's if I keep it. If still have it next summer by time I would actually get the TT kit or build a block I will keep and turn paxton to 18lbs-20lbs boost on e85
To run 9s you don't need anywhere near 1000 HP. Do some fat trimming and you can run 9s all day with 650 to 750 rwhp. Personally if you want a car like that sell you 5.0 and build a fox body. Cheaper and much easier.
__________________
Brett the best Greene
Brett Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #24
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene

To run 9s you don't need anywhere near 1000 HP. Do some fat trimming and you can run 9s all day with 650 to 750 rwhp. Personally if you want a car like that sell you 5.0 and build a fox body. Cheaper and much easier.
True..but I want it full weight. Just as I drive it everyday. And I don't want just a 9..I want 8.9-9.1's.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brett Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

True..but I want it full weight. Just as I drive it everyday. And I don't want just a 9..I want 8.9-9.1's.
In that case you'll need some power. But that Blower should be fine IMO
__________________
Brett the best Greene
Brett Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #26
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

True..but I want it full weight. Just as I drive it everyday. And I don't want just a 9..I want 8.9-9.1's.
With all of the modding you've already done why would you wanna keep it full weight?
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #27
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

With all of the modding you've already done why would you wanna keep it full weight?
Why not..don't want to ditch luxuries. If I didn't care bout them I would sat screw it take everything out and drop a crap load.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
M3to5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deridder
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 537
Re: gaging intrest for 5.0 guys

^^^ Must be nice to have those funds........... and the time to even comptemplate such projects. I subcribe to ALL threads pertaining to this new project. A daily driver/ 8.9 second 1/4 mile car.
__________________
"Got to kill.... Captain Stupid"
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Yellow50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 449
Re: gaging intrest for 5.0 guys

theres this guy who daily drives a 2,200 hp car in austrailia. the video is on youtube its like a fully built drag car cage slicks everything it does a 0-60mph in one second flat bahaha



here we go

7.8 sec 1/4 2200hp 5 miles to the gallon lollol
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,974
Re: gaging intrest for 5.0 guys

You're still running the stock long block, right...and you're going to subject it to 1000-1500 horsepower? Whatever endless tap of $$$ you're getting your cash from better include the cost of the new 5.0 forged LC RA long block you'll be into before a couple months pass.

"save up" for upgrades to anything aft of the engine, as well....

Good luck with sale and build and...keep it full weight, that's awesome.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #31
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
You're still running the stock long block, right...and you're going to subject it to 1000-1500 horsepower? Whatever endless tap of $$$ you're getting your cash from better include the cost of the new 5.0 forged LC RA long block you'll be into before a couple months pass.

"save up" for upgrades to anything aft of the engine, as well....

Good luck with sale and build and...keep it full weight, that's awesome.
I wouldnt make that power on a stock block. That is asking for trouble. Buy time I would get kit I would have a built block.

Kit is 8500.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,974
Re: gaging intrest for 5.0 guys

yer dang right, 1000+ is going to put a leg out of the bed in no time.

I admit to a little honest envy.

Let's summarise, you:

Bought a manual GT 5.0, modified it fairly extensively

Stocked it out and traded it in on a second car, an auto

Modified that with $5000 blower kit, tune and a schwak of other stuff

Now your ditching the blower, going turbo for $8500

+ you're going build a block which'll probably be about $10,000 when all is said and done.

All of this and more I probably haven't mentioned, in the space of about a year and half.

I'm just trying to make my car payments, lol
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #33
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
yer dang right, 1000+ is going to put a leg out of the bed in no time.

I admit to a little honest envy.

Let's summarise, you:

Bought a manual GT 5.0, modified it fairly extensively

Stocked it out and traded it in on a second car, an auto

Modified that with $5000 blower kit, tune and a schwak of other stuff

Now your ditching the blower, going turbo for $8500

+ you're going build a block which'll probably be about $10,000 when all is said and done.

All of this and more I probably haven't mentioned, in the space of about a year and half.

I'm just trying to make my car payments, lol
Its all good..in the last 2yrs I also built a 500whp G8 also. Traded it for the manual 5.0. Then after Modding it traded for auto. I do most my work my self so that saves me a lot of money. I also know a few people that have helped me get great deals on my performance parts.


You can get a built block for 4k. A buddy and me would pull my engine and do the swap in his or my garage.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,974
Re: gaging intrest for 5.0 guys

I also never have to decide on mods based on thoughts that I'd have to "find someone to install it for me". Now it's just a choice based on wants, time and $$$ to buy the parts, which ain't a bad place to be. As my shackled brother in law puts it: "What the ****, you don't have any kids."

I'm not quite at the place of blowerizing the 5.0 yet. I need a warranteed DD for a while. Plus, I have a ridiculously fast litrebike which ain't too unsatisfying, either.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #35
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
I also never have to decide on mods based on thoughts that I'd have to "find someone to install it for me". Now it's just a choice based on wants, time and $$$ to buy the parts, which ain't a bad place to be. As my shackled brother in law puts it: "What the ****, you don't have any kids."

I'm not quite at the place of blowerizing the 5.0 yet. I need a warranteed DD for a while. Plus, I have a ridiculously fast litrebike which ain't too unsatisfying, either.
Did the bike thing already. Past it after my buddy wrecked his ZX14 at 130. Messed him up bad. He stopped riding for 5yrs. He just bought a new BMW 1000rr.

I have few buddy who race bikes. The bikes don't win...LOL.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:15 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.