Boss intake with 4.10s 1/4 times?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointOH2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 78
Boss intake with 4.10s 1/4 times??

I own a 2011 6MT with 4.10s, Boss intake, steeda intake, borla cat-back, bama tune, and drag radials and ran a 12.135 at 114 mph and 1.6 sixty ft, but I think the boss intake is hurting me with the loss of low end power, just took off the intake and replaced it to stock intake plenum and will be going to the track Thursday... Theoretically I should be well in the 11s but I will post time


Watched a mustang 6MT with just JLT intake and John Lund tune with 3.31s run a 12.2 so I'm hoping it was just that Boss intake... Any other ideas what could be causing my bad times???
5pointOH2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Boss intake with 4.10s 1/4 times??

So much can effect times over another car. Shifts, weight, launch, tune. I think biggest thing holding you back is the tune. Bama isn't in the same ball park as Jon Lund. What rims/tires are you running? WHAt was othe running?
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointOH2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
So much can effect times over another car. Shifts, weight, launch, tune. I think biggest thing holding you back is the tune. Bama isn't in the same ball park as Jon Lund. What rims/tires are you running? WHAt was othe running?
My friend ran same mods as me just with 3.73 rear and John Lund tune and was only able to get a lowest time of 12.6... I'm running ET street 2s 295/45/17s overall 28 inches
5pointOH2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
I've herd a lot of mixed reviews about the boss intake. That is/was going to be my next mod with steeda cai and dyno tune, is the boss intake actually worth the money plus install? I am in collage and have a apartment so I can't install my self.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverBullet12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 185
Re: Boss intake with 4.10s 1/4 times??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pointOH2011 View Post
My friend ran same mods as me just with 3.73 rear and John Lund tune and was only able to get a lowest time of 12.6... I'm running ET street 2s 295/45/17s overall 28 inches
your friend must suck at driving...what a loser.....wait a second......
SilverBullet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointOH2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1
I've herd a lot of mixed reviews about the boss intake. That is/was going to be my next mod with steeda cai and dyno tune, is the boss intake actually worth the money plus install? I am in collage and have a apartment so I can't install my self.
If your looking for better 1/4 mile times not really but ppl are telling me that you can make it into the 11s with ease... If your just a cruising highway driving guy then yes it extends your power band substantially and install is easy man you only need a ratchet set
5pointOH2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Boss intake with 4.10s 1/4 times??

The boss inatek is worth it if spin the engine to where it needs to be and launch it heard enough. Redstang you can do install your self. It is so easy.Takes a matter of 30 minutes. Mayeb an hour the first time. I have had mine on and off least 5 times on this car and another 3 on other car.

Now I know you talking about Silverbullet12 he has some issues with car correct. And with two different tuners. Are you powrrshifting? Or just normal shifts? I agree with thos mods y ou should be in teh 11's. I went 11's with just tune/off road x pipe/tune/and cold air/DR's. Not to mention it was 101* when I did it. 11.8@118.

thi swas not being able to get into 5th gear even. 5th gear went out and Ford replaced tranny.


---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

same night still with 5th gear gone. Actually lifted the tires on both runs.


---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

you can hee it scratch the tires on each shift as I am power shifting it. And they are 6000rpm launches and 1.5 60ft's.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointOH2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 78
I'm launching at 6500 and hooking up great and yes power shifting
5pointOH2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Boss intake with 4.10s 1/4 times??

Makes me think its in your tune. WHat is your red line? What shifting at?
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointOH2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Makes me think its in your tune. WHat is your red line? What shifting at?
Redline is 7500 and I'm shifting between 7200-7400
5pointOH2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: Boss intake with 4.10s 1/4 times??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pointOH2011 View Post
Redline is 7500 and I'm shifting between 7200-7400
Interesting, I have a Bama tune and my redline is set to 7600 ... You can change it in the SCT you know?
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverBullet12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 185
Re: Boss intake with 4.10s 1/4 times??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Interesting, I have a Bama tune and my redline is set to 7600 ... You can change it in the SCT you know?
cant on the newer tunes, bama locked em in @7500 so people dont go blowing their cars up
SilverBullet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointOH2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet12

cant on the newer tunes, bama locked em in @7500 so people dont go blowing their cars up
What he said^^
5pointOH2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: Boss intake with 4.10s 1/4 times??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet12 View Post
cant on the newer tunes, bama locked em in @7500 for warrenty reasons.
Hmm, I'll have to test this out. My tune is relatively new, but I had an old one where the rev limit was set to like 7400 and I would always bump it up at the track and then take it back down for normal driving. I haven't tried with this one yet.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #15
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Boss intake with 4.10s 1/4 times??

Shifting at 7200-7400 is what killing you with the Boss. That thing will sing all way to 7800 and shift at 7700-7750. It will carry the power all the way out.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
I live in Atlanta and taking the car to sandy springs ford, the install and tune and I will keep my warranty so that is the main reason, so says the dealer it's because they are svt certified and their in house svt teams does all work and tuning
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #17
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Boss intake with 4.10s 1/4 times??

they are installing a Boss intake and tuning it with warranty? And how much they charging for this? You can PM that if want. Don't let them BS you. Once you tune it and put the boss on you will have no warranty. This will be proven if something goes wrong.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointOH2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Shifting at 7200-7400 is what killing you with the Boss. That thing will sing all way to 7800 and shift at 7700-7750. It will carry the power all the way out.
My bama tune is only set to limit at 7500... So what your saying is a custom dyno is what's needed
5pointOH2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Boss intake with 4.10s 1/4 times??

To get the rpmd thst high most likely. I had free rain over my options in my tune. But I also had a dyno tune done for that reason. Not only but you will net more power out a dyno tune. BUt I wouldn't do it till you least get a off road x pipe if don't have one.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
For steeda cai, boss intake, tuner+ tunes its 1500 and some change is the rounds bout they gave me.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointOH2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
To get the rpmd thst high most likely. I had free rain over my options in my tune. But I also had a dyno tune done for that reason. Not only but you will net more power out a dyno tune. BUt I wouldn't do it till you least get a off road x pipe if don't have one.
Borla xpipe but no headers
5pointOH2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
Look at sandy springs ford website they will tune the car and do all the work an so they say I will keep my warranty because they are ford certified and I would be using ford parts other than the cai
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #23
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Boss intake with 4.10s 1/4 times??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
For steeda cai, boss intake, tuner+ tunes its 1500 and some change is the rounds bout they gave me.
So your getting this? which can be had with shipping and all for 1100 with forum discount. And would take you an hour to do. Not to mention will have better tunes that is a promise. As Ford will keep very conservitive with as they do the Pro cal. And you still have a warranty.
BOSS Mustang Power Pack (11-12 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com 38018||3015||50179||M-9424-M50BR||98422||10699-11P - Free Shipping!

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

and this intrest me..that is a steal if is right at 850hp
Used Ford Mustang GT500 W/850 HP 2011 in Atlanta GA
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
They whole reason I would consider it was because of keeping the warranty which is why I'm guessing it cost more.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #25
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1
They whole reason I would consider it was because of keeping the warranty which is why I'm guessing it cost more.
American muscle offers a warranty with there stuff for your car.

It cost more cause dealers Jack prices up. You can even get a boss intake cheaper then American muscle sells them for. I got mine for 270 new.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointOH2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

So your getting this? which can be had with shipping and all for 1100 with forum discount. And would take you an hour to do. Not to mention will have better tunes that is a promise. As Ford will keep very conservitive with as they do the Pro cal. And you still have a warranty.
BOSS Mustang Power Pack (11-12 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com 38018||3015||50179||M-9424-M50BR||98422||10699-11P - Free Shipping!

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

and this intrest me..that is a steal if is right at 850hp
Used Ford Mustang GT500 W/850 HP 2011 in Atlanta GA
How much percentage off is the forum discount?
5pointOH2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
Damn that's a great price, they want to charge me around 475 for the intake. These people really know mustang being that's what they sell more than just about anything else.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #28
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pointOH2011

How much percentage off is the forum discount?
6%
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointOH2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

6%
Oh it's the same as my military
5pointOH2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #30
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Boss intake with 4.10s 1/4 times??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
Damn that's a great price, they want to charge me around 475 for the intake. These people really know mustang being that's what they sell more than just about anything else.
I emailed them about Shelby. Hopefully hear something tomorrow or so. Ya a lot dealers sell them like crazy. Ours is always moving them.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:19 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.