New to forum - need some info - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
4.6SUNSETGOLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7
New to forum - need some info

Hello Folks,

I just joined the forum today. There seems to be a ton of good info here !

I have 2010 Sunset Gold GT 4.6 and I am wanting to upgrade to a new set of wheels. I am considering the 19" V6 Performance Package wheels that have the black background and also the 19" Black Foose Speed wheels. I have a few questions.

1. On the 19" V6 Performance Package wheels, is there anywhere I can purchase a new set of these other than the dealer ? The CA Special wheels can be had on EBAY for around $800 delivered but the PP wheels seem to be hard to find new. There is an company called HH Auto that sells reconditioned PP wheels.....anyone have any experience with them ?
2. On the 19" black Foose Speed wheels, I have found a set of them on EBAY for a good price. I found a post on this forum from KYStang615 and Gtstyles2 that had some good picts. Are there any fitment issues that anyone is aware of such as having to use adapters and also what about the OEM tire pressure sensors ? Will they fit on these wheels ?

Thanks for any advice or info !
4.6SUNSETGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
351mustanggt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 274
welcome. personally id stay away from ebay anything. check americanmuscle or latemodelrestoration they both have good selection
351mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Mine are actually 20x8.5 and 20x10 on eibach springs... no rubbing except when I have 2 full sized adults in the back...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120411_190505.png
Views:	158
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	46731  
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rmag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2
Mine are actually 20x8.5 and 20x10 on eibach springs... no rubbing except when I have 2 full sized adults in the back...
Are you running the pro springs or sport line?
Rmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmag

Are you running the pro springs or sport line?
The pro kit with the eibach shocks/struts I'm running the staggered wheels 245/45/20 and 275/30/20
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
My mistake... this is the rear wheel size
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120411_192635.png
Views:	139
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	46740  
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Why you want to put v6 wheels on?

Second go with 18's or 20's. Lots more wheel selection.

As above also a lot more tire selection. And they are cheaper then 19's.

Example I just ordered nitto invisible for my car. All for tires mounted balanced everything for 900.

When had 19's same set was going to be 1400.

Oh and above leave fleabay alone.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Why you want to put v6 wheels on?

Second go with 18's or 20's. Lots more wheel selection.

As above also a lot more tire selection. And they are cheaper then 19's.

Example I just ordered nitto invisible for my car. All for tires mounted balanced everything for 900.

When had 19's same set was going to be 1400.

Oh and above leave fleabay alone.
I never understood why 19s are more expensive than 20s??
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
torch1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2

I never understood why 19s are more expensive than 20s??
Simply because there are less options because it's a less popular size. I believe most companies feel 18 is a good size and most people would rather upgrade to a 20 rather than a 19. Just my 2 cents.
torch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by torch1

Simply because there are less options because it's a less popular size. I believe most companies feel 18 is a good size and most people would rather upgrade to a 20 rather than a 19. Just my 2 cents.
Pretty much..19's used to only come on euro cars..20's was a huge hit 10 years ago and became popular enough a lot of cars even come standard with 20's.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #11
Registered User
Newbie
 
4.6SUNSETGOLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7
Re: New to forum - need some info

Thanks for the replies. I agree that 19" wheels and tires are allot harder to find.

Any fitment issues with the Foose wheels, adapters req'd etc ?

Will the OEM TPMS sensors fit ?
4.6SUNSETGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: New to forum - need some info

check on latemodelrestoration.com if you want OEM prices call tousleyfordparts.com
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
Registered User
Newbie
 
4.6SUNSETGOLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7
Re: New to forum - need some info

Thanks for the info.

I checked at the Ford place using the part number BR3Z-1007-H.......$475 each + $50 core charge.......no surprise but Yikes ! That is the best price so far for new OEM wheels however. I really like the black V6 PP wheels but not that much

I will keep tousleyfordparts.com in mind the next time I need OEM parts.

Guess I'd better be looking into the aftermarket for some wheels

I have bought from latemodelrestoration.com before. That's where I bought my California Special front valance at. Good folks and great service !
4.6SUNSETGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6SUNSETGOLD
Thanks for the replies. I agree that 19" wheels and tires are allot harder to find.

Any fitment issues with the Foose wheels, adapters req'd etc ?

Will the OEM TPMS sensors fit ?
I was able to reuse the OEM sensors
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #15
Registered User
Newbie
 
4.6SUNSETGOLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7
Re: New to forum - need some info

Thanks for the info.

Great looking ride you have.

The red with those wheels looks awesome
4.6SUNSETGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustangreazon50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Orleans
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2
I was able to reuse the OEM sensors
So if I just put some wheels on a month ago I can use an old sensor from my stock wheels or do I need to go to the dealer and get them to stop my car from saying "tire pressure monitor fault"?
Mustangreazon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangreazon50

So if I just put some wheels on a month ago I can use an old sensor from my stock wheels or do I need to go to the dealer and get them to stop my car from saying "tire pressure monitor fault"?
I got my wheels done at a reputable shop that does wheels and they told me they removed the factory sensors and put them on the new wheels and I never seen my tire light come on... did u change ur wheels and have the light stay on??
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: New to forum - need some info

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6SUNSETGOLD View Post
Thanks for the info.

I checked at the Ford place using the part number BR3Z-1007-H.......$475 each + $50 core charge.......no surprise but Yikes ! That is the best price so far for new OEM wheels however. I really like the black V6 PP wheels but not that much

I will keep tousleyfordparts.com in mind the next time I need OEM parts.

Guess I'd better be looking into the aftermarket for some wheels

I have bought from latemodelrestoration.com before. That's where I bought my California Special front valance at. Good folks and great service !
take that same part number (the OEM ford one) call tousleyfordparts.com just to compare, they usually have the BEST deals. Ask for the 10% forum discount (just say forum discount no specific forum)
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustangreazon50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Orleans
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2

I got my wheels done at a reputable shop that does wheels and they told me they removed the factory sensors and put them on the new wheels and I never seen my tire light come on... did u change ur wheels and have the light stay on??
I guess I should take her to a shop and try to get that done. I put the wheels on myself and that's when the light came on. They are balanced and stuff fine, just didn't have a sensor on them.
Mustangreazon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: New to forum - need some info

the sensors have to be "mapped" or what ever you may just have to get that done
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:12 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.