Boss 302 Vs '13 Gt Premium - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Boss 302 Vs '13 Gt Premium

Ok, I am having a hard time deciding which one I should get. I really love the Boss, but the new '13 Gt is sweet too. Can someone list all the differences between them, Ive went and test drove the new '13 Gt but I have yet to even see a Boss in person. Ive got a few months to decide, but I want to know the pros and cons of each car. I love the luxeries of the '13 Gt. I was told that the new '13 has a little more Horsepower this year, putting it in the same category as the Boss as far as performance. Idk about the '13 being able to handle a track as well as the Boss.

But anyways, Please tell me what you would do, and why that would be your choice. Also list any pros and cons about both cars if you can.

Thanks.
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 04:52 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Boss = value, special version, badass. 13s were dynoed with very similar numbers to 12s. Within 1-2hp at the wheels, so power increase is next to non exsistant since you wont feel or see a difference a a track.

Imo look for a older boss they are trying to move off the lot
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Re: Boss 302 Vs '13 Gt Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14 View Post
Ok, I am having a hard time deciding which one I should get. I really love the Boss, but the new '13 Gt is sweet too. Can someone list all the differences between them, Ive went and test drove the new '13 Gt but I have yet to even see a Boss in person. Ive got a few months to decide, but I want to know the pros and cons of each car. I love the luxeries of the '13 Gt. I was told that the new '13 has a little more Horsepower this year, putting it in the same category as the Boss as far as performance. Idk about the '13 being able to handle a track as well as the Boss.

But anyways, Please tell me what you would do, and why that would be your choice. Also list any pros and cons about both cars if you can.

Thanks.
Are you looking for a mean purpose built race car, or are you looking for something that would be a DD that you could mod but still have a nice car? Sounds to me like you want to mod your DD.

I have never driven a BOSS but I honestly don't want to trade up to one. My GT is my DD and I love modding it and having a car with some amenities. The Bosses don't come with really any extras at all, nor can you even add them.

Unless you plan on some autox I would stay away from the boss.

Either way good luck!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
The GT gained 8hp that shows nothing on the track or dyno. As mentioned it dyno and ran same as 11-12 GT.

The boss has forged internals. Huge plus if going fi later. The heads are also different. Little different suspension. Same tranny as the GT manual. The weak link.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
The GT gained 8hp that shows nothing on the track or dyno. As mentioned it dyno and ran same as 11-12 GT.

The boss has forged internals. Huge plus if going fi later. The heads are also different. Little different suspension. Same tranny as the GT manual. The weak link.
I cat help but to ask, did you blow your engine? I thought I read it or saw it somewhere

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

And yeah, I love the Boss because its unique but for the price difference, I could do alot to the Gt with that extra $10k or how ever much it was. I would like to have a car with all the luxeries in it and I know the Boss comes with little to none of the good ones.

'13 Gt it is then!
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14

I cat help but to ask, did you blow your engine? I thought I read it or saw it somewhere

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

And yeah, I love the Boss because its unique but for the price difference, I could do alot to the Gt with that extra $10k or how ever much it was. I would like to have a car with all the luxeries in it and I know the Boss comes with little to none of the good ones.

'13 Gt it is then!
Honestly, unless there's something about the 13 you HAVE to have it, I'd get a new 12. You'd get a much better deal and lots more mods to start with because there are many that already exist. I own an 11 and nothing really draws me to the 13.

But again, your money so go enjoy it

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Forgot to say that I test drove a '13. Nothing special over the 11 really.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Honestly, unless there's something about the 13 you HAVE to have it, I'd get a new 12. You'd get a much better deal and lots more mods to start with because there are many that already exist. I own an 11 and nothing really draws me to the 13.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Recaros + Track Pack + Track Apps > 2012. There is plenty special about the '13 IMO, but it depends what you're looking for.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Recaros + Track Pack + Track Apps > 2012. There is plenty special about the '13 IMO, but it depends what you're looking for.
You are correct Napoleon. I did not test drive one with recaros or track pack, but just like you said, those don't matter to me anyways

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You are correct Napoleon. I did not test drive one with recaros or track pack, but just like you said, those don't matter to me anyways
I've been thinking about trading up. It's basically a Boss that you can use X-Plan on
Old 04-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #10
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

I've been thinking about trading up. It's basically a Boss that you can use X-Plan on
What color?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What color?
If I bought a new one ... either Black or Deep Impact Blue. I really want to be able to say "Deep Impact Blue" as often as possible.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #12
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

You can have any color you want so long as its grabber haha

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

I still wanna see DIB, pics look good. The one I test drove was black. It was filthy but still looked sexy

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You can have any color you want so long as its grabber haha

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

I still wanna see DIB, pics look good. The one I test drove was black. It was filthy but still looked sexy
I had a grabber 2010. I try to get a new color each time..

There are a bunch of pictures of DIB on the 2011 Ford Mustang Facebook page (unofficial).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/2011-...g/224098946170
Old 04-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #14
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Saw the pics of your '10. Between the DIB and black I would probably go DIB

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Saw the pics of your '10. Between the DIB and black I would probably go DIB
Me too ... I doubt I'll end up pulling the trigger though. I need to pay some stuff off before I incur any more debt, and I'm kinda waiting to see what the '15 will look like. If it blows then I will either keep my '11 and do a t56 mag swap or pick up a '14. I just wish you could get the track pack on an AUTO, as of now it's only available on the manual, and I don't see myself buying another car with the MT82 in it.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
If u get a 13 GT Premium with the Brembo package and Track Pack; the handling should be very close to the Boss. I think the Recaros and Navi Sync in a 13 are worth it. If it's a DD u will want the amenities.
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnus View Post
If u get a 13 GT Premium with the Brembo package and Track Pack; the handling should be very close to the Boss. I think the Recaros and Navi Sync in a 13 are worth it. If it's a DD u will want the amenities.
Track Pack includes everything from the Brembo Pack, as well as some other boss parts. I would go base GT with Recaros, and the Track pack but nothing else. I think it would look stupid to have Recaros and rear leather seats so just keep it all cloth IMO.

Also, I've had SYNC in two cars now and I'm thoroughly unimpressed. The voice recognition is spotty at best. Services is clunky and uses a very poor data interface. The USB connectivity is a joke. It will NEVER pick up my iPhone on the first try. I always have to plug it in, wait for it to fail (it starts playing on bluetooth every time), unplug it, then plug it back in (which stops the bluetooth playback) and switch to USB again. I would definitely pass on it for the extra money.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14

I cat help but to ask, did you blow your engine?
Hahahaha sorry, thought that was funny..
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Man idk how can you say that, a lot has changed, im sure you like the front better, all the exterior lights aswell, and price is not much difference, i just got the 13 & im paying less than a 12 gt premium
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Only thing i would want from the 13 is track pack and recaros. I think 13s are hideous
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #21
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Maybe if you got the base model. I'm just saying that the changes weren't enough to get me to trade up. I know that the front and rear fascia have changed and that there are now hids standard and there is a supposed 8 more hp and the track apps and optionals recaros and track pack. But that doesn't warrant an upgrade of 2 yrs for me.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Maybe if you got the base model. I'm just saying that the changes weren't enough to get me to trade up. I know that the front and rear fascia have changed and that there are now hids standard and there is a supposed 8 more hp and the track apps and optionals recaros and track pack. But that doesn't warrant an upgrade of 2 yrs for me.
I like my front grill more than any other year, i honestly went to purchase the 12, left with a 13 because of the looks, people have different taste. And im saving my self the conversion of lights from the 12 to the 13, which are way nicer
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT