Please Ford Nooooo!!! - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2012, 01:17 AM   #71

Region: California
Bring back the Notchback!!
DetroitMuscle50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6
I say Ford should make another GT350 and put the V6 Eco boost in it. That would be a sweet a$$ V6 Mustang.
they made a GT350 with the 5.0 and a whipple supercharger attached to it!
Mr. SoloDolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:48 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I just can't live on a planet where mustangs look like the new EVOs
Stanglover1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok

The GT350 and GT500 designation has never represented HP. The original 1967 GT500 was rated at 355 HP. Not sure where it came from, but it was never engine size or HP. Just marketing
Carroll Shelby called it the gt350 because the main office was 350 steps from where he was making the cars

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Correction the 350 in gt350 represents the length of the assembly line where thy were made -__- sorry
2007pullinaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #75
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Please Ford Nooooo!!!

its just someones idea of what it may look like, no one knows but Ford
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Wow, that car so ugly. Is that the new fusion?
D2theJ2theC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Nope, this hopeless concept is the 50th anniversary mustang, or so to say
Old 07-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #78
Road Trip!

Region: South Carolina
Nnnooooooooo!!!, who would drive that? Well... At least if they went to 4s and 6s, my v6 would become top model.
Supersnake04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:25 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Who designed that euro trash? I can see them making it smaller, but holy crap why make it so ugly. It looks nothing like a mustang.
D2theJ2theC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #80
Road Trip!

Region: South Carolina
I hate the design, but I'll take the wheels
Supersnake04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

I guess some people think the mustang isn't formal enough. I'd be quite satisfied if I was a lawyer and I pulled up to the courthouse in a boss 302.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
That's just concept, trust me Ford is listening to the reactions. They will just use certain parts on the real thing. I think it will probably look more like the 14 Euro Stangs.
Boostr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #83

Region: Ohio
Oh please, dear god no!!
Andrewd1452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Some people like it I had euro Taillights on my old 96 Mustang (bought it like that was my first car) but was crap! The lens or whatever popped out and you can't fix it -.- Trash.
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
Put a Lincoln emblem on it and call it the Mark IV and I'll drive it
Hehe that's the number 4 I think you mean IX for 9. Actually that has a ring to it the Lincoln IX

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle50 View Post
Bring back the Notchback!!
um??? ok..
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #86

Region: Ohio
Make the 2015 resemble the fox body, or atleast mach 1 era, fox body was/is a popular stang, known for their wonderful 5.0 litre 302ci roller motor boost sales, mach 1 still a good lookin body style, less popular though, go with what sells is the bottom line! Lets just pretend 74-78 never happened though, however worse than that pic, the proposed concept I saw looked like if a ford fusion and ford contour had sex, their baby would be the 2015 body style
Old 08-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
I'm most exited about the rebirth of the ford falcon! (it's been in Australia for years) it's basically a fusion w the coyote shoved in it... My new kid hauler
I'd buy this without even seeing it on a lot. So far Ford has said it has 'no plans' to bring it here. Chevy is bring over the SS from Holden though (updated g8), so Ford is trying too hard to push the pig, taurus, and missing the mark if this doesn't show up next year arou d this time to compete with the SS.
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

I hope they change to that design..I personally dont care for the last change..The rear lights and it looks not quite as wide..The early 90s and up to the new body change looks the best
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
I think it's a great looking car... Is it a mustang? Not necessarily, but it's a concept. I have no issues with ford modernizing the mustang. Look at the new edge vs the original 64, very little of any resemblance. Can't keep doing retro forever.

Progress is forward, retro is regress, backwards
This is Merica! Where retro is always in. The mustang has always looked similar since 64 to me. But the most iconic is either the 99-04 sine every high schooler has one. Or the 10-12 since it brings back the 69-70 styling and brings back culture from previous generations. Which IMO this country needs with all the ignorant teens
Old 08-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #90
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning

This is Merica! Where retro is always in. The mustang has always looked similar since 64 to me. But the most iconic is either the 99-04 sine every high schooler has one. Or the 10-12 since it brings back the 69-70 styling and brings back culture from previous generations. Which IMO this country needs with all the ignorant teens
So much to rant about this post lol, all I'll say is this.... Really? Reread what you wrote and tell me that isn't ignorant. Forget ignorant teens. I'll bet your mid 40's. You own a boss, rant about how things used to be and call teens ignorant. That's all for now

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

"most iconic" depends on when you grew up & what generation was running around when you grew up & first lusted after one.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

It's a great concept car.....if u like "FUGLY"
Old 08-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So much to rant about this post lol, all I'll say is this.... Really? Reread what you wrote and tell me that isn't ignorant. Forget ignorant teens. I'll bet your mid 40's. You own a boss, rant about how things used to be and call teens ignorant. That's all for now
Wait, you think I'm 40?? I've never heard that before. I'm 19 and have my head on my shoulders. I grew up around cars. And it's not a boss. It's a v6 2011 with a 69 paint job. It wasn't really a rant sir lol you can't say that the young of Merica isn't kinda well...getting dumb about how they handle things.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk
"most iconic" depends on when you grew up & what generation was running around when you grew up & first lusted after one.
93 so I grew up in the mid to tail end of the 90's. But being around the 50-present cars has made me aware of the different time periods and cultures. The mustang has stayed relatively the same platform through. Just got heavier with more power.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #94
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Wait, you think I'm 40?? I've never heard that before. I'm 19 and have my head on my shoulders. I grew up around cars. And it's not a boss. It's a v6 2011 with a 69 paint job. It wasn't really a rant sir lol you can't say that the young of Merica isn't kinda well...getting dumb about how they handle things.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

93 so I grew up in the mid to tail end of the 90's. But being around the 50-present cars has made me aware of the different time periods and cultures. The mustang has stayed relatively the same platform through. Just got heavier with more power.
You sure sound like a 40 yr old with a mid life crisis... How can retro always be in style? How can You can only use the same old stuff over and over again? Not a smart business decision, gotta change and revolutionize, let's go back to carbureted cars too while we're at it. And trust me I love this country as much as anyone and everyone else, probably more. Some teens are misguided, but it seems to me like many of the adults, 40+ (not all of them by any means) are the ones that don't want anything to change. That's not how things work. Things will always change, forever. And you gotta stay on top and ahead

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You sure sound like a 40 yr old with a mid life crisis... How can retro always be in style? How can You can only use the same old stuff over and over again? Not a smart business decision, gotta change and revolutionize, let's go back to carbureted cars too while we're at it. And trust me I love this country as much as anyone and everyone else, probably more. Some teens are misguided, but it seems to me like many of the adults, 40+ (not all of them by any means) are the ones that don't want anything to change. That's not how things work. Things will always change, forever. And you gotta stay on top and ahead
Retro is in style. Haven't you noticed the cars. Most are going to a retro style with new technology. The adults in the country are old fashioned. I was raised in the deep south where tradition is everything. Tbh I'm not very traditional myself but there are roots. While these mustangs look retro the boast new tech such as the engine for example and the tech packages on the 13. They even have a cup holder cover now. Business isn't always about company needs more than consumer. The adults that are 40+ don't want change because in their era life was good.it's what they are used to. Heck it was good back in 02 with a war going on. The mustang has always had big bold straight lines. Many people wish to keep that because ford is as American as the pie. Take say...ray ban sunglasses. The aviator style. They have been around since the 30's and they still make them to this day. Simply because it works. If it works and works well, keep it. But if changes are to be made for the better, do it.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #96
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Retro is in style. Haven't you noticed the cars. Most are going to a retro style with new technology. The adults in the country are old fashioned. I was raised in the deep south where tradition is everything. Tbh I'm not very traditional myself but there are roots. While these mustangs look retro the boast new tech such as the engine for example and the tech packages on the 13. They even have a cup holder cover now. Business isn't always about company needs more than consumer. The adults that are 40+ don't want change because in their era life was good.it's what they are used to. Heck it was good back in 02 with a war going on. The mustang has always had big bold straight lines. Many people wish to keep that because ford is as American as the pie. Take say...ray ban sunglasses. The aviator style. They have been around since the 30's and they still make them to this day. Simply because it works. If it works and works well, keep it. But if changes are to be made for the better, do it.
You can't compare cars and sunglasses, that's just crazy. But still I'll entertain that. How many people wear the aviators? Very few anymore. Not saying they aren't worn, just not like they were. Plus they are outdated. But sunglasses are simple, cars are exponentially more complex.

Retro WAS in style. But it's getting old... Again. It's good from time to time but how many times can you reuse it until people say "o this crap again?" it's cool, it's nostalgic, can't keep a business going forever on it. I agree with a lot of what you said, but there are many flaws in your argument as well, it's far more complex than you make it seem. People, companies, everything is fluid, believe it or not. Constantly changing. Nothing stays the same for long... Now if you want a comparison, look at phones or computers. These are very complex machines that outdated themselves everyday. Far manufacturers outdate one another ever year model.

Ford has to keep up globally and retro won't do it for a country that's never had the original

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:33 AM   #97

Wtf it looks like an Aston Martin rip off if you ask me and it's to curvy , no v8? No way man concept or not, thumbs down for sure ...
01saleenSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You can't compare cars and sunglasses, that's just crazy. But still I'll entertain that. How many people wear the aviators? Very few anymore. Not saying they aren't worn, just not like they were. Plus they are outdated. But sunglasses are simple, cars are exponentially more complex.

Retro WAS in style. But it's getting old... Again. It's good from time to time but how many times can you reuse it until people say "o this crap again?" it's cool, it's nostalgic, can't keep a business going forever on it. I agree with a lot of what you said, but there are many flaws in your argument as well, it's far more complex than you make it seem. People, companies, everything is fluid, believe it or not. Constantly changing. Nothing stays the same for long... Now if you want a comparison, look at phones or computers. These are very complex machines that outdated themselves everyday. Far manufacturers outdate one another ever year model.

Ford has to keep up globally and retro won't do it for a country that's never had the original
I like the fluid idea. It goes for so log and you have to change it to keep it running or up to par. But if you look on these threads at the interior and the red concept red the blue one. the red is more European. Going off memory here, it reminds me of an Aston. But the blue one is what I like. They kept the trademark lines and just curved a few. Cellphones go out of date quit. I bought the iPhone 4s in march. It's about to be replaced. Like really? I just dropped $200 into your product and you want me to buy another web I haven't fully enjoyed the first one yet. No thanks. The aviators deal...that was a half assed comparison. But that brand is a still going brand selling retro style glasses and sunglasses. And people still buy and wear them. Maybe not where your from but here it's different. your on the change side. I'm on the retro side BUT I'll jump the fence provided the change is good. I went from an 02 v6 then I about bought a 06 GT. at the time the 2010 just rolled out. I liked it but the power was the same. I passed. Found my 2011 and couldn't be happier. I get a new power plant, new retro styling of 69-70 and that iconic trike brake lights along with the dash which hasn't changed since maybe the 80's. But that's when I'll jump that fence. I'm not traditional in my morals or probably the way I dress. But I like to keep the older American heritage alive than let it be washed over. A bunch of guys whose names you may not remember made this country what it is. They would e rolling over in their grave at some of the stuff we are doing to it. (that's just general, not about the cars.) if nothing really flows its because I'm not a morning person -_-
Old 08-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #99
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Not really sure where you're going anymore, I'll say this, I'm not a fan of the concepts, but I defend the fact that ford has to do something to remain competitive in the global market, period. Maybe those cars will grow on me if they look like the concepts, they generally do not.

Trust me, until you've seen the **** I have and been through war like I have don't try to say I dont know a thing or to about this country or love this country. Not ranting, just saying

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not really sure where you're going anymore, I'll say this, I'm not a fan of the concepts, but I defend the fact that ford has to do something to remain competitive in the global market, period. Maybe those cars will grow on me if they look like the concepts, they generally do not.

Trust me, until you've seen the **** I have and been through war like I have don't try to say I dont know a thing or to about this country or love this country. Not ranting, just saying
And for that I thank you. My girlfriend's dad is over there serving. You may be talking about nam but you get the picture. I guess all in all in a few sentences I'd say I'm for the retro. It's my style an it just so happens to match the car. I like one or two concepts but not that red one. I'll hop the retro fence if I like change. But till then I'll rock my 11 v6 with aviators. Merica! Glad someone has a brain to have a legitimate debate on opinions.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #101
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Haha I'm only 24, I was in Afghanistan 2 years ago, I'm pretty young still myself

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #102

Quote:
Haha I'm only 24, I was in Afghanistan 2 years ago, I'm pretty young still myself
What unit you with?
01saleenSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #103
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

I WAS with 2nd AABN in lejeune

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Been out of the marines since December 2010

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
I WAS with 2nd AABN in lejeune

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Been out of the marines since December 2010
Love the marines I work with them out here in Germany. I'm Army. Thanks for your service guys!
Old 08-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #105
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

It was my pleasure and I'd back to war again in a heartbeat for the good people of America and Americans everywhere

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT